PDA

View Full Version : We will find out tommorow...

Block "O"
01-30-2009, 04:32 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/block_O/glasses4.jpg

Good luck Bruce, Andre, and especially Ralphie!!!!

yordad
01-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Good luck Ralphie? Are you trying to get negged?

J/K

Bravo82
01-30-2009, 04:47 PM
my god is this a bills board or a poke fun at ralphie board

Block "O"
01-30-2009, 05:08 PM

:lmao:

BillsWin
01-30-2009, 05:10 PM
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!! :up:

Block "O"
01-30-2009, 05:13 PM
In all seriousness I hope anyone who can come out for HOF weekend will make the trip, its a good time.

SmokeShowin
01-30-2009, 05:14 PM

http://t9.imagechef.com/ic/imgout/sampd5341397b3800f59.jpg

T-Long
01-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Bruce will be the only one to go in. Reed is going to wait a LONG time and Ralph will go in once he kicks the bucket

mybills
01-30-2009, 06:39 PM
:sadwalk:

OpIv37
01-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Bruce is automatic.

Ralph doesn't deserve it because this organization is a joke.

Reed won't get in because it's too hard for WR's.

Nighthawk
01-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Bruce is automatic.

That pretty much sums it up.

Block "O"
01-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Bruce is automatic.

This is the problem with today's NFL fan, they have no historical context on what people meant to the league. He's fun to make fun of, but not to put in Ralph Wilson would have been ridiculous.

I expect your other quote to be BS in probably around 5 years.

OpIv37
01-31-2009, 03:47 PM
This is the problem with today's NFL fan, they have no historical context on what people meant to the league. He's fun to make fun of, but not to put in Ralph Wilson would have been ridiculous.

I expect your other quote to be BS in probably around 5 years.

This is the problem with Bills fans in general- they can't see the big picture. Look at the Bills' dismal record for the ENTIRE 1970's and most of the 1980's, plus the recent 10 year playoff drought. We're coming up on the 50th anniversary of this team and we have ZERO championships. Dallas has 5. SF has 5. Pittsburgh has 5 and might have 6 after tomorrow. Even Miami has one.

The overall performance of this team has been dismal. There was one good 8 year stint from the late 80's to the mid 90's and that was it. THAT's hall of fame-worthy?

Plus, Ralph helped get Al Davis involved with the NFL. Oops.

And let's not forget that he sold out our home games to Toronto and he has no plan for keeping the team in Buffalo after his passing. If Lamar Hunt can do it, Ralph has no excuse.

Wow, Ralph won an AFL Championship in 1965, helped get the league started, then proceeded to have 8 good seasons in the next 40 years. Sorry, but if you think that's HOF-worthy, your standards are pathetically low.

Block "O"
02-02-2009, 10:28 AM
This is the problem with Bills fans in general- they can't see the big picture. Look at the Bills' dismal record for the ENTIRE 1970's and most of the 1980's, plus the recent 10 year playoff drought. We're coming up on the 50th anniversary of this team and we have ZERO championships. Dallas has 5. SF has 5. Pittsburgh has 5 and might have 6 after tomorrow. Even Miami has one.

The overall performance of this team has been dismal. There was one good 8 year stint from the late 80's to the mid 90's and that was it. THAT's hall of fame-worthy?

Plus, Ralph helped get Al Davis involved with the NFL. Oops.

And let's not forget that he sold out our home games to Toronto and he has no plan for keeping the team in Buffalo after his passing. If Lamar Hunt can do it, Ralph has no excuse.

Wow, Ralph won an AFL Championship in 1965, helped get the league started, then proceeded to have 8 good seasons in the next 40 years. Sorry, but if you think that's HOF-worthy, your standards are pathetically low.

Sounds like your mind is made up, why not pick a new team since you hate this one so much. My standards aren't low I don't have one single HOF vote, but those who do seem to think he was very worthy.

Jan Reimers
02-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Op, just to set the record straight, we won AFL Championships in 1964 and 1965, plus AFC Championships from 1990-1993. But I agree with much of what you said.

OpIv37
02-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Sounds like your mind is made up, why not pick a new team since you hate this one so much. My standards aren't low I don't have one single HOF vote, but those who do seem to think he was very worthy.

Well those who do don't necessarily know what they're talking about. Performance dictates competence, not position.

As far as switching teams, you just don't ****ing get it. I don't want to watch just ANY team win. I want to watch the BILLS win. Yet, they never do. And what has been the one consistent factor? The one thing about this team that has never changed in almost 50 years? Ralph Wilson.

So, go ahead and defend the man who has made this franchise so mediocre. Just don't complain when they never win anything.

It's absurd of you to conclude that I hate this team because I'm pissed about their dismal performance. If I hated the team, I wouldn't even care.

OpIv37
02-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Op, just to set the record straight, we won AFL Championships in 1964 and 1965, plus AFC Championships from 1990-1993. But I agree with much of what you said.

That's 5 in 48 complete seasons, so on average we get it right one out of every 9.6 seasons.

If you count the SB era, the average goes way down from there. 4 conference championships in 43 years. And zero total championships.

All things considered, it's pretty dismal.

Ebenezer
02-02-2009, 10:37 AM
RW is unworthy based on his performance as an owner. Without the "glory days", which he cannot actually take full credit this team has been very bad for a long time. Had it not been for Terry Bledsoe hiring Bill Polian, and then having a heart condition which forced RW to simply elevate Polian to GM, and the folding of the USFL (and Polian's connection to it) this team might have been 0 for the 80s and early 90s.

Block "O"
02-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Well those who do don't necessarily know what they're talking about. Performance dictates competence, not position.

As far as switching teams, you just don't ****ing get it. I don't want to watch just ANY team win. I want to watch the BILLS win. Yet, they never do. And what has been the one consistent factor? The one thing about this team that has never changed in almost 50 years? Ralph Wilson.

So, go ahead and defend the man who has made this franchise so mediocre. Just don't complain when they never win anything.

It's absurd of you to conclude that I hate this team because I'm pissed about their dismal performance. If I hated the team, I wouldn't even care.

You are a Notre Dame and a Sabres fan right? Since when does poor or mediocre bother you? :drama:

OpIv37
02-02-2009, 10:41 AM
You are a Notre Dame and a Sabres fan right? Since when does poor or mediocre bother you? :drama:

Yes, all my favorite sports teams suck. Poor or mediocre performances DO bother me. But I put up with the poor and mediocre performances because I am a fan and I'm not about to switch teams.

Jan Reimers
02-02-2009, 10:48 AM
That's 5 in 48 complete seasons, so on average we get it right one out of every 9.6 seasons.

If you count the SB era, the average goes way down from there. 4 conference championships in 43 years. And zero total championships.

All things considered, it's pretty dismal.
It's actually 6 ('64, '65, '90, '91, '92 and '93) in 49 seasons, which is better than some teams have done. But I agree, it ain't great.