PDA

View Full Version : Bills fans on the endangered species list.

trapezeus
01-31-2009, 07:28 AM
It is frustrating to see the cardinals in the superbowl. as we've entered our 9th year without playoff football, we've seen several teams get into the superbowl (and win it) during that same span.

I remember as a kid, losing those superbowls had the caveat, "how many teams haven't gotten there?" And they were the cardinals, tampa, baltimore etc. and there were teams like the patriots who also never won.

Now those teams have and it honestly feels like we are an animal on the endangered species list. Everyone seems to be getting there and our little number continues to dwindle.

Part of me wants the cardinals to win, but that makes the bills look even worse. but i hate the idea of the steelers winning too. i almost want to tell my brother in laws who live in Arizona, "guys, this is the shame of losing a superbowl" and coach themthrough it.

like i said about my boston and philly fans in one fan's view, "it grows lonely having your friends and family win championship after championship in sports, and be left with the sabres and bills ripping at your heart."

I hope some organization can raise money for us bills fans and help get us off the endangered species list and get us onto the championship list.

shelby
01-31-2009, 07:31 AM
Well said. We can only wait, and hope......

northernbillfan
01-31-2009, 08:19 AM
We need a catchy anagram like:

Buffalo's
Enamored
Endangered
Fans

yordad
01-31-2009, 08:38 AM
I want the Cards to win. I don't think fans, much like us, finally feeling good about their team can make me feel worst about mine. I would just be happy for them. They kind of remind me of us.

Also, I hate Pittsburgh. Actually, their fans. Well, I love some of their fans (family), but I hate their fanhood. Lucky friggin bastards (is that a swear word?).

Either way, when us Bills fans feel lonely, like we are the last of our kind..... at least we still have Cleveland!

anditsgood
01-31-2009, 08:54 AM
When i was a kid, the pats and bills fans only watched the superbowl wondering if their team could even make it to one

:)

hang in there, sooner or later. If the cards can make it there, anybody can

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-31-2009, 09:27 AM
Endangered species list? I don't believe that at all. Bills fans will always stick with this team. Even though the Cardinals are in the SB and we had another disappointing season, Bills fans get over it and move on. I hope the Cardinals win and if they do, I still love the Bills. Anyone questioning their loyalty to the Bills can pretty much go root for another team, don't let the door hit you on the way out. I will love this team until the day I die, unless they move.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan Reimers
01-31-2009, 09:36 AM
We're not endangered, we're just discouraged. There will always be some fair weather fans jumping on and off the bandwagon, but we true-blue fans - no matter how frustrated or disappointed - always hang in there until things get better.

yordad
01-31-2009, 10:21 AM
I think you guys are misinterpreting what trap is saying (I think). Bills fans aren't dying, they are just getting to be the last of there kind (fans of a perputually losing franchise or fans of a team that never won a SB).

trapezeus
01-31-2009, 10:37 AM
exactly yordad. no one is leaving the bandwagon. it's just we may be one of the last fanbases of our kind. the non champion, non playoff fans. we'll always be fans, it's just getting lonelier as others succeed

blackonyx89
01-31-2009, 10:42 AM
I think you guys are misinterpreting what trap is saying (I think). Bills fans aren't dying, they are just getting to be the last of there kind (fans of a perputually losing franchise or fans of a team that never won a SB).

That's a sad thought indeed!

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-31-2009, 10:52 AM
exactly yordad. no one is leaving the bandwagon. it's just we may be one of the last fanbases of our kind. the non champion, non playoff fans. we'll always be fans, it's just getting lonelier as others succeed

If that is the case let's wait until the Cardinals win the Super Bowl before we shrink the list. Making it there? The Bills did that four times.

Michael82
01-31-2009, 12:08 PM
This is why I'm rooting against the Cardinals. I don't want people to be able to tell me "Even the Cardinals won the Super Bowl. How 'bout them Bills?" I'll be too tempted to punch them in their face.

northernbillfan
01-31-2009, 02:17 PM
exactly yordad. no one is leaving the bandwagon. it's just we may be one of the last fanbases of our kind. the non champion, non playoff fans. we'll always be fans, it's just getting lonelier as others succeedIt's getting tougher to try and convince people that teh 90's Bills were one of the best franchises in all of football history.

When they do win the Super Bowl, every fan should get a ring for sticking with one of the toughest franchises to cheer for.

im4bflo
01-31-2009, 03:06 PM
My lifelong dedication to the BUFFALO BILLS, has nothing to do with choice,
as far as I've alway's seen it, I was born a BUFFALO BILLS fan, and will die a
BUFFALO BILLS fan, and will take the highs and lows as they come, and the
thought of truly rooting for any other team is an impossibility.
Wanting to WIN a SUPERBOWL as much as anybody, but to betray my team,
just to say my bandwagon team WON one, so that makes me a winner, is pathetic. So called BILLS fans that even think it, can't be true Bills fans, they
just want to brag, well being a 'winner' is the easiest thing in the world,
go jump on that wagon! What's hard is true loyalty, and that's not easy,
but a DIEHARD is willing to take that road no matter what.
I'll take that road, petal to the metal! GO BILLS!!!

trapezeus
01-31-2009, 04:04 PM
It's getting tougher to try and convince people that teh 90's Bills were one of the best franchises in all of football history.

When they do win the Super Bowl, every fan should get a ring for sticking with one of the toughest franchises to cheer for.

I find that crazy. you're totally right, but it's hard to believe. the bills went 4 times in a row. even the beloved patriots can't say 4 in a row. it really, to me, has become more and more impressive. i would have thought other NFL fans would give us respect for it.

but we were doing that before free agency and before sky rocketing salaries. you take some of the best bills talent of the 90's and put their salaries against the biggest bills' busts of 2000's salaires, and i bet the kids from 2000 win. Sad state of affairs.

I really didn't want this to become about bills fans leaving the band wagon. because that isn't what i'm saying. born a bills fan, die a bills fan. i think for all the different viewpoints you see from bills fans on this board, that sentiment is true for all of them.

OpIv37
01-31-2009, 04:05 PM
We're not endangered, we're just discouraged. There will always be some fair weather fans jumping on and off the bandwagon, but we true-blue fans - no matter how frustrated or disappointed - always hang in there.

Edited for you- I took out the "until things get better" part because they never actually get better.

Philagape
01-31-2009, 04:34 PM
Bailout!

Jan Reimers
02-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Edited for you- I took out the "until things get better" part because they never actually get better.
You're probably right, Op, but I'm able to convince myself that things get better at times - but they really haven't since the 1993 season.

THATHURMANATOR
02-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Endangered species list? I don't believe that at all. Bills fans will always stick with this team. Even though the Cardinals are in the SB and we had another disappointing season, Bills fans get over it and move on. I hope the Cardinals win and if they do, I still love the Bills. Anyone questioning their loyalty to the Bills can pretty much go root for another team, don't let the door hit you on the way out. I will love this team until the day I die, unless they move.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously!

There are a few bandwagon *****ES that claimed to have given up on the team at the end of this season but the real fans will always be there.

tat2dmike77
02-02-2009, 08:00 AM
All this whinning waah the cardnails made it to the super bowl geez shut up. Once upon a time the Bills sucked you guys act like the cardnails making it to the super bowl was never going to happen. Even the sun shines on dogs ass every now and then. Get over it.

justasportsfan
02-02-2009, 09:28 AM
We're ostriches . We're not endagered. Just embarrassed.

Historian
02-02-2009, 03:16 PM
And as far as the Cardinals go...I simply don't root for relocated teams on principal.

The Bills will probably win one one day.

After they've left Buffalo.

feldspar
02-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Well, a lot of teams have never even made it to the Super Bowl. The Bills have done that four times, as we know. We didn't win it, but we got there, which does put us ahead of a lot of teams as far as success goes. Losing a Super Bowl doesn't make you feel successful, but we ARE more successful than a lot of other teams.

There is only one happy team at the end of the year anyway.

One thing else is for sure: success is fleeting and you are only as good as your last game. It also makes me feel kind of good that there are no bandwagoners as Bills fans right now. The entire fanbase is currently the real deal. I'll root for this team until the bitter end. Let's just hope that the end is not that bitter next time...all you can do.

feldspar
02-03-2009, 11:21 AM
The Bills will probably win one one day.

After they've left Buffalo.

Are you trying to cheer us up?

trapezeus
02-03-2009, 12:10 PM
To clarify my point, one more time:

within the species of NFL fans, there are 32 other genus. The Bills Genus being one of them. One of our claims to fame was that, even as super bowl losers, we at least got there. now the other teams that haven't gotten there are getting there. And worse, winning.

No one is leaving the genus based on our last 10 years of suckiness. I'm just saying our claim is dwindling. And our team looks worse because of it.

That all being said, as bills fans we like the abuse. I'm happily staying on as a fan.

feldspar
02-03-2009, 12:26 PM
To clarify my point, one more time:

within the species of NFL fans, there are 32 other genus. The Bills Genus being one of them. One of our claims to fame was that, even as super bowl losers, we at least got there. now the other teams that haven't gotten there are getting there. And worse, winning.

No one is leaving the genus based on our last 10 years of suckiness. I'm just saying our claim is dwindling. And our team looks worse because of it.

That all being said, as bills fans we like the abuse. I'm happily staying on as a fan.

How does Arizona's going to the Super Bowl make the Bills look worse?

If Arizona loses three more Super Bowls, then they are on par with us. And the Cardinals have been around longer and had less success.

The Giants won last year...they've won it before. blah, blah, blah.

Five teams have never even been to the Super Bowl before, let alone lost it.

17 different teams have won the Super Bowl. Here is the list:
Packers
Jets
Chiefs
Colts
Cowboys
Dolphins
Steelers
Raiders
49ers
Redskins
Bears
Giants
Broncos
Rams
Ravens
Patriots
Bucs

Out of 32 teams, only about half have won the Super Bowl.

We have plenty of company.

We are keeping company with just about half the league.

christhebillsfan783
02-03-2009, 06:10 PM
My lifelong dedication to the BUFFALO BILLS, has nothing to do with choice,
as far as I've alway's seen it, I was born a BUFFALO BILLS fan, and will die a
BUFFALO BILLS fan, and will take the highs and lows as they come, and the
thought of truly rooting for any other team is an impossibility.
Wanting to WIN a SUPERBOWL as much as anybody, but to betray my team,
just to say my bandwagon team WON one, so that makes me a winner, is pathetic. So called BILLS fans that even think it, can't be true Bills fans, they
just want to brag, well being a 'winner' is the easiest thing in the world,
go jump on that wagon! What's hard is true loyalty, and that's not easy,
but a DIEHARD is willing to take that road no matter what.
I'll take that road, petal to the metal! GO BILLS!!!

I am right there with you. I was born into this. There is no way out, this is the only and will always be the only NFL franchise that will have my fanhood. This team brings me pain as i does all of it. But even though its not looking good. All these years of heart ache and pain will make it so much sweeter when it happens. IT WILL HAPPEN! We will all be the happiest people on EARTH! I may only be 17 but Ive endured some tough years with this team. And have no plans of ditching them now. The idea of that is just insane.
LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!