Bills fans on the endangered species list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Bills fans on the endangered species list.

It is frustrating to see the cardinals in the superbowl. as we've entered our 9th year without playoff football, we've seen several teams get into the superbowl (and win it) during that same span.

I remember as a kid, losing those superbowls had the caveat, "how many teams haven't gotten there?" And they were the cardinals, tampa, baltimore etc. and there were teams like the patriots who also never won.

Now those teams have and it honestly feels like we are an animal on the endangered species list. Everyone seems to be getting there and our little number continues to dwindle.

Part of me wants the cardinals to win, but that makes the bills look even worse. but i hate the idea of the steelers winning too. i almost want to tell my brother in laws who live in Arizona, "guys, this is the shame of losing a superbowl" and coach themthrough it.

like i said about my boston and philly fans in one fan's view, "it grows lonely having your friends and family win championship after championship in sports, and be left with the sabres and bills ripping at your heart."

I hope some organization can raise money for us bills fans and help get us off the endangered species list and get us onto the championship list.
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills fans on the endangered species list.

Well said. We can only wait, and hope......

Comment

• northernbillfan
      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

We need a catchy anagram like:

Buffalo's
      Enamored
      Endangered
      Fans
      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

I want the Cards to win. I don't think fans, much like us, finally feeling good about their team can make me feel worst about mine. I would just be happy for them. They kind of remind me of us.

Also, I hate Pittsburgh. Actually, their fans. Well, I love some of their fans (family), but I hate their fanhood. Lucky friggin bastards (is that a swear word?).

Either way, when us Bills fans feel lonely, like we are the last of our kind..... at least we still have Cleveland!
        Last edited by yordad; 01-31-2009, 09:03 AM.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• anditsgood
          • Oct 2006

When i was a kid, the pats and bills fans only watched the superbowl wondering if their team could even make it to one

:)

hang in there, sooner or later. If the cards can make it there, anybody can

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

Endangered species list? I don't believe that at all. Bills fans will always stick with this team. Even though the Cardinals are in the SB and we had another disappointing season, Bills fans get over it and move on. I hope the Cardinals win and if they do, I still love the Bills. Anyone questioning their loyalty to the Bills can pretty much go root for another team, don't let the door hit you on the way out. I will love this team until the day I die, unless they move.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

We're not endangered, we're just discouraged. There will always be some fair weather fans jumping on and off the bandwagon, but we true-blue fans - no matter how frustrated or disappointed - always hang in there until things get better.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

I think you guys are misinterpreting what trap is saying (I think). Bills fans aren't dying, they are just getting to be the last of there kind (fans of a perputually losing franchise or fans of a team that never won a SB).
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

exactly yordad. no one is leaving the bandwagon. it's just we may be one of the last fanbases of our kind. the non champion, non playoff fans. we'll always be fans, it's just getting lonelier as others succeed

Comment

• blackonyx89
                    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                    I think you guys are misinterpreting what trap is saying (I think). Bills fans aren't dying, they are just getting to be the last of there kind (fans of a perputually losing franchise or fans of a team that never won a SB).
                    That's a sad thought indeed!
                    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      exactly yordad. no one is leaving the bandwagon. it's just we may be one of the last fanbases of our kind. the non champion, non playoff fans. we'll always be fans, it's just getting lonelier as others succeed
                      If that is the case let's wait until the Cardinals win the Super Bowl before we shrink the list. Making it there? The Bills did that four times.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

This is why I'm rooting against the Cardinals. I don't want people to be able to tell me "Even the Cardinals won the Super Bowl. How 'bout them Bills?" I'll be too tempted to punch them in their face.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                          Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                          It's getting tougher to try and convince people that teh 90's Bills were one of the best franchises in all of football history.

When they do win the Super Bowl, every fan should get a ring for sticking with one of the toughest franchises to cheer for.
                          When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• im4bflo
                            the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                            • Sep 2003

My lifelong dedication to the BUFFALO BILLS, has nothing to do with choice,
                            as far as I've alway's seen it, I was born a BUFFALO BILLS fan, and will die a
                            BUFFALO BILLS fan, and will take the highs and lows as they come, and the
                            thought of truly rooting for any other team is an impossibility.
                            Wanting to WIN a SUPERBOWL as much as anybody, but to betray my team,
                            just to say my bandwagon team WON one, so that makes me a winner, is pathetic. So called BILLS fans that even think it, can't be true Bills fans, they
                            just want to brag, well being a 'winner' is the easiest thing in the world,
                            go jump on that wagon! What's hard is true loyalty, and that's not easy,
                            but a DIEHARD is willing to take that road no matter what.
                            I'll take that road, petal to the metal! GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                              It's getting tougher to try and convince people that teh 90's Bills were one of the best franchises in all of football history.

When they do win the Super Bowl, every fan should get a ring for sticking with one of the toughest franchises to cheer for.
                              I find that crazy. you're totally right, but it's hard to believe. the bills went 4 times in a row. even the beloved patriots can't say 4 in a row. it really, to me, has become more and more impressive. i would have thought other NFL fans would give us respect for it.

but we were doing that before free agency and before sky rocketing salaries. you take some of the best bills talent of the 90's and put their salaries against the biggest bills' busts of 2000's salaires, and i bet the kids from 2000 win. Sad state of affairs.

I really didn't want this to become about bills fans leaving the band wagon. because that isn't what i'm saying. born a bills fan, die a bills fan. i think for all the different viewpoints you see from bills fans on this board, that sentiment is true for all of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X