PDA

View Full Version : Edwards says his shoulder feels great, he's happy Jauron is staying

shelby
01-31-2009, 08:31 AM
Trent Edwards said his shoulder is fine and fans should blame the players more than Dick Jauron for the Buffalo Bills’ struggles in 2008. Edwards got good news on two fronts in the wake of the Bills’ 7-9 finish. He had several doctors look at his passing shoulder, and said they found nothing unusual about late-season soreness he felt. He also was thrilled the team retained head coach Dick Jauron.
“The shoulder is great,” said Edwards on Friday on a visit to the Super Bowl XLIII headquarters. “I’ve had a lot of rest and recovery. That’s the way my entire body is. It will heal on its own. The swelling has subsided and it’s fine. It was the normal wear and tear from the season.
“There was nothing major. I met with a lot of doctors. Everyone thinks it’s all good and there’s nothing I need to do.”
Edwards repeatedly voiced his support for Jauron last season.
“I’m extremely happy,” Edwards said about the coach’s contract extension. “It’s just frustrating to see all the fingers pointed at him when I feel like the fingers should have been pointed at others. He’s the wrong person to do that to. The players play, the coaches coach, and it ultimately comes down to the players on Sunday performing.
“I specifically could have done a better job. And if you ask that question to the other 52 guys on the team they’d say the exact same thing.”

more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/565527.html)

Tatonka
01-31-2009, 08:46 AM
Edwards said the concussion was no factor in the four-game losing streak after the Chargers game.

“No, not at all,” he said. “I felt fine a week later. People want to find something to write about, something to talk about. I was perfectly fine after the week-long break I took.”

the fact that he says that the concussion had absolutely nothing to do with his struggles the second half of the season is not good.. that means he really just sucked that bad.. the browns game was so absolutely embarrassing.. he would have been better off blaming that on something.. because that was one of the worst performances i have ever seen by an nfl qb.

yordad
01-31-2009, 09:16 AM
the fact that he says that the concussion had absolutely nothing to do with his struggles the second half of the season is not good.. that means he really just sucked that bad.. the browns game was so absolutely embarrassing.. he would have been better off blaming that on something.. because that was one of the worst performances i have ever seen by an nfl qb.Oh my, I read the article before scrolling down in this thread. I copied the same exact thing you did, with the intention of typing something very similar.

Maybe he didn't want to throw it in the Browns game because his shoulder hurt, lol.

Anyways, I'm glad he says a lot of the right things. I hope he can improve.

Nighthawk
01-31-2009, 10:00 AM
It really annoys me that this team still continues to make excuses for the coach. If you don't want say anything negative or agree with the fans perception, then just zip it. We don't want to hear how much you love a loser...it just makes you look like a loser also.

Tatonka, I agree with you 100%! If his struggles weren't because of the concussion, then we may be in trouble if we are depending on this guy to lead us to the playoffs!

Philagape
01-31-2009, 10:17 AM
What players tell the media has about as much worth as a presidential address. The Flava Flav show is more real, or whatever his name is.

yordad
01-31-2009, 10:40 AM
What players tell the media has about as much worth as a presidential address. The Flava Flav show is more real, or whatever his name is.Not all of it. You gotta read between the lines, IMO. Clearly what they say about their coach is going to be completely filtered though.

acehole
01-31-2009, 10:47 AM
He is the biggest woosy in in NFL uniform ever.
I have seen kickers with more toughness then him.

Oh my, I read the article before scrolling down in this thread. I copied the same exact thing you did, with the intention of typing something very similar.

Maybe he didn't want to throw it in the Browns game because his shoulder hurt, lol.

Anyways, I'm glad he says a lot of the right things. I hope he can improve.

TacklingDummy
01-31-2009, 11:05 AM
the fact that he says that the concussion had absolutely nothing to do with his struggles the second half of the season is not good.. that means he really just sucked that bad.. the browns game was so absolutely embarrassing.. he would have been better off blaming that on something.. because that was one of the worst performances i have ever seen by an nfl qb.

As bad as he played he still got the Bills in position to win the game at the end.

Ingtar33
01-31-2009, 11:16 AM
more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/565527.html)

hey he manned up.

I wish the coaching staff would. that's a guy you know won't hang anyone out to dry. good leader.

Nighthawk
01-31-2009, 12:22 PM
hey he manned up.

I wish the coaching staff would. that's a guy you know won't hang anyone out to dry. good leader.

I don't agree necessarily. I leader who doesn't hold people accountable is not really a leader.

yordad
01-31-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't agree necessarily. I leader who doesn't hold people accountable is not really a leader.He can hold them accountable without doing it publically.

don137
01-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Why should we believe Jauron is a good coach. Just because the players like him and publicly say they want him here does not mean he should be here. How many times you hear players say that kind of stuff and then when the coach gets fired they say the oposite and say how he needed to go.

I hope Trent is just covering up his post concussion performances and not blaming it on the concussions because he was a different QB afterwards and sucked it up.

Nighthawk
01-31-2009, 01:42 PM
He can hold them accountable without doing it publically.

True, but there wasn't much accountability on that team last year as they slumped in the middle of the year.

mayotm
01-31-2009, 02:36 PM
How dare Mark Gaughan point out positives about Edwards? Doesn't he know that a QB should be a Pro Bowler in his second year or else he sucks.

Tatonka
02-01-2009, 12:56 AM
How dare Mark Gaughan point out positives about Edwards? Doesn't he know that a QB should be a Pro Bowler in his second year or else he sucks.

i am way pumped that our qb looked much better as a rookie than the second half of the season.. i mean talk about positives!

mayotm
02-01-2009, 08:33 AM
i am way pumped that our qb looked much better as a rookie than the second half of the season.. i mean talk about positives!I couldn't care less about what you are or aren't pumped about. You've decided that Edwards isn't good and isn't going to get better. You're entitled to your opinion. Edwards played poorly in the middle of the season. No doubt about that. Yet, they were in just about every game. Towards the end, he played well at KC and at Denver. KC and Denver were awful teams, nevertheless he played well. I don't think there is a QB in the history of the game that could have played well in the last game of the season considering the conditions. However, you can hold that against him as well. The Bills were 7 - 5 in games Edwards started and finished. They were 7 - 7 in games he started. Outside of poor coaching, turnovers are the reason the Bills fell apart. Eliminate some of the bad turnovers and they would have won 3 -4 more games. Sorry, I don't think it's crazy to think a young QB can improve on turnovers. Hey, I'm as sick of the Bills losing as anybody else. I'm sick of not having a competent QB. However, I don't think Edwards is the problem. I do think he can be a big part of the solution.

acehole
02-01-2009, 08:44 AM

Well on this boards that is the measure.

lukabrossi
02-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Trent is a horrible q.b. and the fact that Jauron professes his man-love for him, by letting him continually play like **** and still keep his job is just unbe-****ing-lievable.

X-Era
02-01-2009, 09:30 PM
It really annoys me that this team still continues to make excuses for the coach. If you don't want say anything negative or agree with the fans perception, then just zip it. We don't want to hear how much you love a loser...it just makes you look like a loser also.

Tatonka, I agree with you 100%! If his struggles weren't because of the concussion, then we may be in trouble if we are depending on this guy to lead us to the playoffs!

Maybe, just maybe, they know that there's not much point in obsessing over one guy when the team as a whole was the problem. Maybe they see what all of the rest of us should see, blame goes across the board, and no one part is any worse than the next in the grand scheme.

superbills
02-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Maybe, just maybe, they know that there's not much point in obsessing over one guy when the team as a whole was the problem. Maybe they see what all of the rest of us should see, blame goes across the board, and no one part is any worse than the next in the grand scheme.

Thank you voice of reason...There's no point in throwing anyone player or unit under the bus at this point...Jauron is our coach, Edwards is our QB. That much is certain till at least 2010. Let's focus on who to bring in here to help the coach and QB get this team into the position to push for a playoff spot this coming season.

lukabrossi
02-02-2009, 06:34 AM
7-9.......again.

ghz in pittsburgh
02-02-2009, 07:32 AM
He is better in his 2nd year, no doubt about it.

Did his concussion affected him the past season? He'd not know because he only remembers what he was thinking, not what he could be thinking. Let that pass, no need to chase that.

I admit I fully support Edwards. Part of me wants him to be good because we $uck at this crucial position for so long. But the another part of me is that he IS, without doubt, the most likely to succeed young QB we ever had since Kelly, not just another long term project big arm QB.

In my observation, the hardest thing for a young QB to do is to throw into tight coverage like Warner did last night, trusting your receivers. A lot of is confidence. The truth is at the NFL level, you have to do this from time to time because you don't have that wide open receiver you always get in college. To me this is the critical part: you need to do it be successful yet you are more likely to get burned which makes you think you should not do it again. Most young ones simply choose not to do it afterwards, like Losman/Johnson, which is their ceiling. Edwards has shown he has more mental capacity to understand what's going on than those guys we have seen. Now we need to see if he can build up enough confidence to follow through physically.

HHURRICANE
02-02-2009, 08:47 AM
He is better in his 2nd year, no doubt about it.

Did his concussion affected him the past season? He'd not know because he only remembers what he was thinking, not what he could be thinking. Let that pass, no need to chase that.

I admit I fully support Edwards. Part of me wants him to be good because we $uck at this crucial position for so long. But the another part of me is that he IS, without doubt, the most likely to succeed young QB we ever had since Kelly, not just another long term project big arm QB.

In my observation, the hardest thing for a young QB to do is to throw into tight coverage like Warner did last night, trusting your receivers. A lot of is confidence. The truth is at the NFL level, you have to do this from time to time because you don't have that wide open receiver you always get in college. To me this is the critical part: you need to do it be successful yet you are more likely to get burned which makes you think you should not do it again. Most young ones simply choose not to do it afterwards, like Losman/Johnson, which is their ceiling. Edwards has shown he has more mental capacity to understand what's going on than those guys we have seen. Now we need to see if he can build up enough confidence to follow through physically.

Good post.

justasportsfan
02-02-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm sure Trent wanted to say "it's Turks fault, he blows but Dick chose him"