• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Edwards says his shoulder feels great, he's happy Jauron is staying

Trent Edwards said his shoulder is fine and fans should blame the players more than Dick Jauron for the Buffalo Bills’ struggles in 2008. Edwards got good news on two fronts in the wake of the Bills’ 7-9 finish. He had several doctors look at his passing shoulder, and said they found nothing unusual about late-season soreness he felt. He also was thrilled the team retained head coach Dick Jauron.
    “The shoulder is great,” said Edwards on Friday on a visit to the Super Bowl XLIII headquarters. “I’ve had a lot of rest and recovery. That’s the way my entire body is. It will heal on its own. The swelling has subsided and it’s fine. It was the normal wear and tear from the season.
    “There was nothing major. I met with a lot of doctors. Everyone thinks it’s all good and there’s nothing I need to do.”
    Edwards repeatedly voiced his support for Jauron last season.
    “I’m extremely happy,” Edwards said about the coach’s contract extension. “It’s just frustrating to see all the fingers pointed at him when I feel like the fingers should have been pointed at others. He’s the wrong person to do that to. The players play, the coaches coach, and it ultimately comes down to the players on Sunday performing.
    “I specifically could have done a better job. And if you ask that question to the other 52 guys on the team they’d say the exact same thing.”
    more...

• Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Edwards says his shoulder feels great, he's happy Jauron is staying

Edwards said the concussion was no factor in the four-game losing streak after the Chargers game.

“No, not at all,” he said. “I felt fine a week later. People want to find something to write about, something to talk about. I was perfectly fine after the week-long break I took.”

the fact that he says that the concussion had absolutely nothing to do with his struggles the second half of the season is not good.. that means he really just sucked that bad.. the browns game was so absolutely embarrassing.. he would have been better off blaming that on something.. because that was one of the worst performances i have ever seen by an nfl qb.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Tatonka
      the fact that he says that the concussion had absolutely nothing to do with his struggles the second half of the season is not good.. that means he really just sucked that bad.. the browns game was so absolutely embarrassing.. he would have been better off blaming that on something.. because that was one of the worst performances i have ever seen by an nfl qb.
      Oh my, I read the article before scrolling down in this thread. I copied the same exact thing you did, with the intention of typing something very similar.

Maybe he didn't want to throw it in the Browns game because his shoulder hurt, lol.

Anyways, I'm glad he says a lot of the right things. I hope he can improve.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

It really annoys me that this team still continues to make excuses for the coach. If you don't want say anything negative or agree with the fans perception, then just zip it. We don't want to hear how much you love a loser...it just makes you look like a loser also.

Tatonka, I agree with you 100%! If his struggles weren't because of the concussion, then we may be in trouble if we are depending on this guy to lead us to the playoffs!

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

What players tell the media has about as much worth as a presidential address. The Flava Flav show is more real, or whatever his name is.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Philagape
            What players tell the media has about as much worth as a presidential address. The Flava Flav show is more real, or whatever his name is.
            Not all of it. You gotta read between the lines, IMO. Clearly what they say about their coach is going to be completely filtered though.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• acehole
              • Jan 2006

He is the biggest woosy in in NFL uniform ever.
              I have seen kickers with more toughness then him.

Originally posted by yordad
              Oh my, I read the article before scrolling down in this thread. I copied the same exact thing you did, with the intention of typing something very similar.

Maybe he didn't want to throw it in the Browns game because his shoulder hurt, lol.

Anyways, I'm glad he says a lot of the right things. I hope he can improve.
              Hated by the stupid..
              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

As bad as he played he still got the Bills in position to win the game at the end.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by shelby

hey he manned up.

I wish the coaching staff would. that's a guy you know won't hang anyone out to dry. good leader.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                    hey he manned up.

I wish the coaching staff would. that's a guy you know won't hang anyone out to dry. good leader.
                    I don't agree necessarily. I leader who doesn't hold people accountable is not really a leader.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                      I don't agree necessarily. I leader who doesn't hold people accountable is not really a leader.
                      He can hold them accountable without doing it publically.

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Why should we believe Jauron is a good coach. Just because the players like him and publicly say they want him here does not mean he should be here. How many times you hear players say that kind of stuff and then when the coach gets fired they say the oposite and say how he needed to go.

I hope Trent is just covering up his post concussion performances and not blaming it on the concussions because he was a different QB afterwards and sucked it up.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                          He can hold them accountable without doing it publically.
                          True, but there wasn't much accountability on that team last year as they slumped in the middle of the year.

Comment

• mayotm
                            • Jul 2003

How dare Mark Gaughan point out positives about Edwards? Doesn't he know that a QB should be a Pro Bowler in his second year or else he sucks.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
                              How dare Mark Gaughan point out positives about Edwards? Doesn't he know that a QB should be a Pro Bowler in his second year or else he sucks.
                              i am way pumped that our qb looked much better as a rookie than the second half of the season.. i mean talk about positives!
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X