PDA

View Full Version : Three Bills — Smith, Reed, Wilson — await Hall’s call this afternoon

shelby
01-31-2009, 08:32 AM
The waiting will end today for four to seven candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Three Buffalo Bills candidates — two of whom have been waiting awhile — are among the group of 17 men nominated for induction in the Class of 2009. Bills defensive end Bruce Smith, in his first year of eligibility, is considered a favorite for induction today. Bills receiver Andre Reed is a finalist for the third straight year. Ralph C. Wilson Jr., who is in his 50th year as owner of the Bills, also is a finalist for the third time. His previous two close calls for the hall came in 2001 and 2003.
A minimum of four candidates and a maximum of seven will be elected to the hall, with the announcement scheduled for 2:30 p.m. A group of 44 print and broadcast reporters from across the country votes for the honor.
The former players who have been waiting the longest for induction are former Dallas receiver Bob Hayes and former Atlanta defensive end Claude Humphrey. They are the “senior candidates,” chosen from a large pool of players whose careers have been over for 25 years or more to join the 15 “modern” finalists.

more.... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/565525.html)

Jan Reimers
01-31-2009, 09:19 AM
Bruce is a lock. I think Ralph and Reed will have to wait, but both should be in already.

LtFinFan66
01-31-2009, 09:25 AM
I agree Bruce is a lock....especially since the Bills are playing in the HOF game

ddaryl
01-31-2009, 09:36 AM
Smith is a non brainer

Reed deserves to be in there

Tasker deserves to be in there (start the debate, and I don't care what anyone says.. tasker deserves it)

Ralph... I hate the guy