PDA

View Full Version : Mike Gandy a big part of Arizona's loss?

mysticsoto
02-02-2009, 07:51 AM
Out of all of Arizona's game, I thought there weakest link was their LT. Even though they haven't run well all year, I think their 1st rd pick has to be a LT to replace Gandy. And maybe the 2nd rd pick can be a RB since James is getting older and Hightower needs a complement.

For once, an ex-bill didn't end up with a ring as always seems to be the case...except for LeBeau who definitely deserved it. His defensive calls are excellent most of the time.

Pinkerton Security
02-02-2009, 07:55 AM
idk, Harrison is the defensive POY and is a tough assignment. He didnt look great, thats for sure, but not that bad really.

yordad
02-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Wasn't he working against the strongest part of the leagues best defense? I think Peters woulda gave up 2+ sacks.

EDS
02-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Out of all of Arizona's game, I thought there weakest link was their LT. Even though they haven't run well all year, I think their 1st rd pick has to be a LT to replace Gandy. And maybe the 2nd rd pick can be a RB since James is getting older and Hightower needs a complement.

For once, an ex-bill didn't end up with a ring as always seems to be the case...except for LeBeau who definitely deserved it. His defensive calls are excellent most of the time.

The Bills ran better with Gandy at left tackle then they have since.

mysticsoto
02-02-2009, 10:19 AM
The Bills ran better with Gandy at left tackle then they have since.

That's not true. Last year, the Bills ran very well to the left when Peters was in better shape and he and Dockery were in sync. And this despite the atrocious play calling by Fairchild and non-passing game that we had.

Ebenezer
02-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Gandy doesn't play defense...the Arizona D choked.

mysticsoto
02-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Gandy doesn't play defense...the Arizona D choked.

And yet, it was Gandy's penalty that caused Arizona to possibly miss getting a TD and having to kick to Pittsburgh in the 2nd to last drive...

Ebenezer
02-02-2009, 10:31 AM
And yet, it was Gandy's penalty that caused Arizona to possibly miss getting a TD and having to kick to Pittsburgh in the 2nd to last drive...
they were still winning when Pitts offense took the field with 2 minutes to go.

Wally The Barber
02-02-2009, 10:39 AM
I wonder what we can get for Jason Peters today?

mysticsoto
02-02-2009, 10:39 AM
they were still winning when Pitts offense took the field with 2 minutes to go.

I'm actually talking about the drive before that.

I think the Cardinals made a bad defensive call when they sent everyone on a blitz and allowed the huge pass by Ben at the end there. They tried to be aggressive at the wrong time and paid for it. That, obviously is not Gandy's fault...but if you look at the game, Gandy couldn't stop his man much and was a big part of their offense being ineffectual throughout most of the game.

Luisito23
02-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Gandy's nothing special. and I could care less if he is gone.'

TacklingDummy
02-02-2009, 11:00 AM

Every time they showed Gandy yesterday he was 1 on 1 with Harrison. He didn't do that bad of a job.

Maybe the Cards needed an Pro-Bowl left tackle to win.

How about Peters to the Cards for Bolden straight up?

Luisito23
02-02-2009, 11:02 AM

I'd take it, and even throw a 4th. rounder...

bigbub2352
02-02-2009, 11:21 AM
mike Gandy is a bum staright up he gets help all day with RBs and TEs he gets beat all day just like he did here

mysticsoto
02-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Every time they showed Gandy yesterday he was 1 on 1 with Harrison. He didn't do that bad of a job.

Maybe the Cards needed an Pro-Bowl left tackle to win.

And who would take over at LT? A rookie that we draft? Kirk Chambers? I don't want to criticize Chambers b'cse I think he played well last year, but aren't you asking for alot for someone who had one good year vs poor defenses most of the time? Peters is miles above Chambers in skill level, speed, etc. Do we really want Trent worried about his blind side?

Seems to me like the LT and LG are not people you casually trade. If you've got something good there...then you should be a little more thankful!!!

Historian
02-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Gandy was holding on every play...hes lucky they only flagged him twice.

Oaf
02-02-2009, 11:58 AM
2 thoughts.

Gandy was going against the top defensive player all game. Any idea on why they almost never helped him out?

Any idea WHY we let LeBeau out of here?

realdealryan
02-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Gandy didn't throw the ball to Harrison for a 100-yd touchdown...

mysticsoto
02-02-2009, 12:06 PM
2 thoughts.

Gandy was going against the top defensive player all game. Any idea on why they almost never helped him out?

Any idea WHY we let LeBeau out of here?

We didn't "let him go", he wanted to leave and go back "home". Throwing more money at him wouldn't have made a difference. But I sure do wish he was still here...

DynaPaul
02-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Gandy blows so hard. I'm glad we got rid of him. He was called on at least 2 holding penalties that I can recall. The funny thing is when I remembered he was starting on Arizona's line I said to my friends "Number 69 will be good for a couple of holding penalties this game."

jimbohastle51
02-03-2009, 12:46 AM
gandy may have had something to do with it, but they lost that game because of fransisco falling down for no reason on the pass that set up the TD throw and DRC dropping 2 INTs (those things happen and kurts INT doesnt even matter). big ben really looked awful besides a couple prayer scrambles and 2 or 3 playaction passes. and besides the run when fransisco fell (and when i say fell he wasnt touched and holmes did nothing to make him miss) santonio holmes only had yards on screen passes. the steelers gave that game away and the cardinals gave it right back. there is no excuse for that scoring drive by pitt, non at all. everyone can say how great the game was but i thought it was sloppy as h3ll!! it was interesting at the end but there were so many blown holding calls that the steelers should have gotten called for and so many missed tackles by the cardinals that gandy is the least of the problems but he is one of them.