PDA

View Full Version : Respect and envy of steelers

wbat27
02-02-2009, 08:23 AM
I live in Erie P.A and am a life long bills fan. Erie is dominated by steeler fans and browns fans are a distant second. I am not even sure that buffalo is the third fav. in this area but it is a bills viewing area. My entire life i have hated the steelers for several reasons. One reason is the fact that i am surrounded by their fans another reason is that they knocked us out of the final playoff spot with there second string players. The main reason is because they are almost always competitve and in contention, they draft well (with some luck) and have great managment (won a superbowl even with a ownership dispute looming over the entire orginzation). I guess that after being a hater for as long as i have understood football, I take my hat off to the steelers and can only wish that someday the BUFFALO BILLS can duplicate the sucess the steelers orginzation has during my life span and even before (I am 28) my life span. Take it for what its worth but i am not a hater anymore I am just very very very jealous!

Jan Reimers
02-02-2009, 08:49 AM
My wife, daughter and I lived in Erie from 1968-1971, and our son was born there. I agree, it was a Steelers' and Browns' town back then too, although the Browns had been the better team in the '50s and '60s and may have been the more popular of the two.

But it's probably a much bigger Steelers' town now, as it should be, starting with their success in the '70s. I also admire the Steelers' organization and fans. They're great.

billsburgh
02-02-2009, 08:52 AM
what a depressing day as a Bills fan living in Pittsburgh.

mybills
02-02-2009, 09:04 AM
I could never be jealous of a team that plays dirty. They're almost as bad as NE. I wanted to punch 92 in the face after he started punching.

Voltron
02-02-2009, 09:16 AM
what a depressing day as a Bills fan living in Pittsburgh.
:console:

billsburgh
02-02-2009, 09:37 AM
:console:
awwwwww thanks.

Thurmal
02-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Their fans are about as obnoxious as they come. Congrats to them though on another SB win, albeit with the obligatory sketchy officiating.

Voltron
02-02-2009, 11:06 PM
At the same time .... At least Dallas doesn't own the SB win Record!!!! :lolcry:

SabreEleven
02-02-2009, 11:23 PM
My wife, daughter and I lived in Erie from 1968-1971, and our son was born there. I agree, it was a Steelers' and Browns' town back then too, although the Browns had been the better team in the '50s and '60s and may have been the more popular of the two.

But it's probably a much bigger Steelers' town now, as it should be, starting with their success in the '70s. I also admire the Steelers' organization and fans. They're great.

I thought you were a girl.

tat2dmike77
02-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Their fans are about as obnoxious as they come. Congrats to them though on another SB win, albeit with the obligatory sketchy officiating.

Yup i didn't mind them till that game the Bills played against them a few years ago in buffalo. A bunch of obnoxious asses is what they are. They would walk up and try and help themself to food i had out and then stand there and run thier mouth abou how great pittsburg is. Ever since then i have hated the steelers just because of thier obnoxious fans.

DynaPaul
02-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Well, the Steelers don't really piss me off. They have a couple of players that might be dirty, like #92, but nowhere near as annoying as the current Patriots team and the sickening Cowboys of the early 90's. I see the Steelers as what the Bills COULD be if we had a competent owner.