This board can learn something from last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

This board can learn something from last night.

Hopefully most of you watched the Superbowl last night. Things that might make you think:

1) How good does your QB look when you have that much WR and TE talent on the field? How good would Edwards be playing on either one of these teams. Still want to blame the QB?

2) Should Arizona fire thier OC after that call to throw into the endzone before the end of the first half. We spend too much time being myopic in regards to our coaching. Coaching isn't perfect but it's not as horrible as so many believe around here.

3) Pass rushers make a difference. Pressure is as every bit as important as sacks and we can't generate either right now.

4) Pittsburgh sticks with consistancy and wins. Just an FYI.

5) The offensive line is right up there with QB in terms of importance. Anyone who wants to involve Peters in a trade right now is nuts. For years we struggled and we are one Center away from having the best line in football. How good has Pittsburgh's line been and how good is the team because of it??
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: This board can learn something from last night.

Thanks, coach.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I basically agree, HH, with all of your points. On 1), I would just add that Edwards would certainly be better with a pass catching TE and a big time #2 WR (and a Center), but I don't think he would extend plays the way Big Ben does.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

Didn't you downplay the importance of the QB in "point" #1, then lead us to believe QB was most important in "point" #5?
        Last edited by yordad; 02-02-2009, 09:47 AM.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Buffalogic
          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
          • Feb 2006

I don't get why people dog on Ben and act like he isn't a good quarterback, lol. Like Roethlisburger only looks good beause he has good receivers and TE's, lol it's the other way around. Ben makes them look good. That last game winning drive was all Roethlisburger.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
            I don't get why people dog on Ben and act like he isn't a good quarterback, lol. Like Roethlisburger only looks good beause he has good receivers and TE's, lol it's the other way around. Ben makes them look good. That last game winning drive was all Roethlisburger.
            I agree. Ben is pretty darn good. The way he escapes sure-looking sacks is awesome. And, he has the ability to complete passes with guys drapped on him. He has been doing it since college.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

HH

I have to say that's exactly the way it is...

Comment

• lukabrossi
                Senior Zoner
                • Dec 2008

arizona took a gamble by throwing that ball before halftime. i agree with it. the steelers were aggresive the whole first half and arizona had to do something to get points on the board, to keep-up and not fall behind.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

2) Should Arizona fire thier OC after that call to throw into the endzone before the end of the first half. We spend too much time being myopic in regards to our coaching. Coaching isn't perfect but it's not as horrible as so many believe around here.

I have to take issue with this. Don't forget- if this were the Bills coaches, they would have wasted 2 time outs and lost a challenge before making that stupid play call. You accuse the criticisms of the coach as being myopic, but that's not true. These highly scrutinized plays are the symptoms of consistently poor game-day decision-making. These coaches make the same mistakes over and over and over.... it never gets any better and it's one of the many things that are wrong with this team.

Remember, Arizona won two challenges and went into the last 2 min of a close game with two time-outs left plus the bonus challenge. Has Jauron EVER done that?
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    I have to take issue with this. Don't forget- if this were the Bills coaches, they would have wasted 2 time outs and lost a challenge before making that stupid play call. You accuse the criticisms of the coach as being myopic, but that's not true. These highly scrutinized plays are the symptoms of consistently poor game-day decision-making. These coaches make the same mistakes over and over and over.... it never gets any better and it's one of the many things that are wrong with this team.

Remember, Arizona won two challenges and went into the last 2 min of a close game with two time-outs left plus the bonus challenge. Has Jauron EVER done that?
                    Do you believe that the Bills were talented enough to be on the field with either one of these teams last night even if we had Bill Parcells as our HC?

I'm not saying that Jauron didn't do stupid things and his time mangement isn't just plain horrible. But I'll take him over Mularkey or Williams any day of the week.

I'd like to see the Bills address our giant holes before expecting our coach to get us to the playoffs with his pure genius.

Funny how the Cowboys and Steelers have both one Superbowls with basically the same roster but different coaches.

Did the Steelers win because of coaching or talent?

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37

Didn't Arizona have one of the best passing offenses ever, and didn't the Steelers have the best run D? I agree Op, it is a little different then what our crew pulls.

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lukabrossi
                        arizona took a gamble by throwing that ball before halftime. i agree with it. the steelers were aggresive the whole first half and arizona had to do something to get points on the board, to keep-up and not fall behind.
                        The call wasn't really bad. Pittsburgh ran a well-disguised zone blitz on the side of the field where there was only one Cardinal. Warner was fooled on the play. It happens. Warner had a good game otherwise, but that was just an unfortunate mishap for him and a great play all around for Pittsburgh. Great fake on the zone blitz and great job on the return.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          Do you believe that the Bills were talented enough to be on the field with either one of these teams last night even if we had Bill Parcells as our HC?

I'm not saying that Jauron didn't do stupid things and his time mangement isn't just plain horrible. But I'll take him over Mularkey or Williams any day of the week.

I'd like to see the Bills address our giant holes before expecting our coach to get us to the playoffs with his pure genius.

Funny how the Cowboys and Steelers have both one Superbowls with basically the same roster but different coaches.

Did the Steelers win because of coaching or talent?
                          Talent-wise, there is no doubt that Arizona and Pittsburgh are leagues ahead of us. But if Jauron was coaching Arizona yesterday, do you think he would have correctly used two challenges to earn the third, or still had 2 time outs available at the crucial juncture in the game? I don't.

I honestly think better coaching would have bought us anywhere from 2-4 wins this year. That still may not have been enough to get us in the playoffs (NE missed out at 11-5), but it's still unacceptable.

The point is that right now this team has so many issues it's hard to even accurately evaluate it. The LB's and S's suck but they get no help from the DL because they don't put pressure on the QB and get swallowed up in the run game. So, are they really that bad or are they being held back by the DL? The offense struggled, but is it the QB holding the receivers back or the receivers holding the QB back? or both? There are too many variables to draw any conclusions.

Would Jauron win more games with more talent? Most likely. But would a better coach get more wins out of this same roster? I certainly think so.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Boomstick
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                            I kinda think they take turns (Ben and his receivers) making each other look good. They all play well together, the receivers know Ben can extend plays so they break off routes very well and get to Ben's field of vision. I think its great chemistry and familiarity.
                            Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Hello. My name is Shawn Spencer this is my associate Hummingbird Saltalamachia

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

Ben should be wearing a Bills' jersey right now...Our incompetence strikes as always.
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X