PDA

View Full Version : NFL '09 projections — how will your team fare?

shelby
02-03-2009, 10:25 AM
AFC EastBuffalo Bills (7-9, missed playoffs)
Offseason issues: There were several statistical improvements for the Bills last year but they were awful against the AFC East, going 0-6 against the division. Buffalo also had no answers against 3-4 defenses, going 1-8 against those opponents. The Bills need to find a way to improve their ability to put pressure on opposing offenses.
2009 season: The Bills have a solid running game led by Marshawn Lynch, but the rest of the offense is questionable. Nevertheless, look for Trent Edwards to become a better quarterback and for the defense to put more heat on the quarterback. The Bills will have a winning record and contend for the playoffs.

more.... (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28985929/)

Dr. Lecter
02-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't mention playoffs!!!!!

3-13 is not a playoff contending team.

OpIv37
02-03-2009, 10:55 AM
we'll be lucky to get to .500. This guy obviously didn't watch our team much this year.

DraftBoy
02-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Id say we finish anywhere between 6-10 and 9-7 next year as of this moment.

jamze132
02-03-2009, 01:23 PM
I say 7-9 for the 4th year in a row. I also predict a Dick Jauron re-signing because this time we were "really" close...

cocamide
02-03-2009, 01:37 PM
I say 7-9 for the 4th year in a row. I also predict a Dick Jauron re-signing because this time we were "really" close...

We'll be 7-8-1 and the season will be considered an improvement.

HughC
02-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Way too early to make a prediction. Let's wait at least till after free agency and the draft, and compare the rosters of the four teams in the division. Remember at this time last year the consensus was that Miami and Atlanta would be the two worst teams in the NFL, while Cleveland and Jacksonville would make the playoffs and had a very good chance at winning their divisions.

OpIv37
02-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Way too early to make a prediction. Let's wait at least till after free agency and the draft, and compare the rosters of the four teams in the division. Remember at this time last year the consensus was that Miami and Atlanta would be the two worst teams in the NFL, while Cleveland and Jacksonville would make the playoffs and had a very good chance at winning their divisions.

You could do that. Or you could look at the fact that we have huge holes at C, DE, TE, LB and backup QB and we could use help at G, WR, S and DT and the people who need to plug those holes are the same idiots who have had us in this rebuilding cycle for 10 years (minus TD and Marv, the FO is the same), and we still have an unproven starting QB and we still have the same idiot coaches that got us 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons.

This FO isn't good enough to find winning talent, and the fact that Ralph won't do anything about it shows that he's not committed. Until there is a serious FO change, or an ownership change followed by a FO change, this team will remain mired in mediocrity. These guys have proven it time and time again.

Jeff1220
02-03-2009, 05:50 PM
The writer obviously didn't look at the Bills' 09-10 schedule. Even with marginal improvement, the Bills will struggle to be 7-9 again.

lukabrossi
02-03-2009, 08:04 PM
i think yer prediction is a stretch man.

jamze132
02-04-2009, 07:58 AM
I see us in last place again.

Mike13
02-04-2009, 09:04 AM
: Bill Parcells and Tony Sparano had a brilliant first season together and the key personnel move was the acquisition of Chad Pennington. There’s no reason to think that the Dolphins won’t be even better in 2009. Getting back to the playoffs is quite likely but winning the division may be difficult as the Patriots attempt to reclaim the title

fair enough, our main needs our WR DB interior OL and LB.

its not hard to imagine we'll address mostof those needs.

justasportsfan
02-04-2009, 10:03 AM
fair enough, our main needs our WR DB interior OL and LB.

its not hard to imagine we'll address mostof those needs.
we've done that by bringing in Dockery, Hardy, Mckelvin , POz/Mitchell and yet we regressed. Even if we addressed those needs the other teams will also address their needs which would make it a wash if we can consider our FO equal to other teams' FO's.

In the meantime we didn't address our biggest need, an OC.

Mr. Pink
02-04-2009, 10:09 AM
5-11 last in the East.

Brutal schedule, division opponents head and shoulders better than us.

I'm actually being optimistic on the prediction too.

justasportsfan
02-04-2009, 10:11 AM
5-11 last in the East.

Brutal schedule, division opponents head and shoulders better than us.

I'm actually being optimistic on the prediction too.

but we kept the same coaches who in your opinion aren't the problem.

Night Train
02-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Bad gameday coaching + high motor overstock + far harder schedule = 6 wins

Mr. Pink
02-04-2009, 11:33 AM
but we kept the same coaches who in your opinion aren't the problem.

The problem is the talent on the field...and the scouting department's inability to significantly upgrade that talent.

No coach would find success here.

A point you fail to grasp.

lukabrossi
02-04-2009, 12:02 PM
7-9.....again.

justasportsfan
02-04-2009, 12:28 PM
The problem is the talent on the field...and the scouting department's inability to significantly upgrade that talent.

No coach would find success here.

A point you fail to grasp.
lol. The talent that the coaching staff chose to retain. You're clueless as usual if you think Dick didn't have any say in retaining guys like Kelsay. Turk has publicly said he wanted Trent to be taken. He even interviewed Trent at the combine. You're the only one who thinks coaches have no say when it comes to bringing in players . Their presence at the combine is a waste of time by your logic.

You can't tell me it was Brandons idea to cut Leonard in favor of Wilson. Get a clue.

Oaf
02-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Id say we finish anywhere between 6-10 and 9-7 next year as of this moment.
I have no idea how you got two Thanks for that post.

Mad Bomber
02-04-2009, 03:46 PM
6-10 or 7-9.

trapezeus
02-06-2009, 01:11 PM
7-9 is the best jauron can do. i predict the wheels coming off early next season. i also think jauron will get his walking papers mid season. Look for a Lions esque season. And that will annoy the crap out of us because we will become the national laughing stock.

barring a miracle, i see us at 3-13. Dick Jauron is a 3-13 to 5-11 head coach more times than not. I sadly believe that 7-9 was an outperforming season for him.

Mitchell55
02-06-2009, 01:43 PM
I find it funny that our team is exactly the same team as last year so far and people are saying we will be worse.

trapezeus
02-06-2009, 02:02 PM
I find it funny that our team is exactly the same team as last year so far and people are saying we will be worse.

schedule is getting more difficult than last year. we had one of the easiest schedules in a long time and we went 1-8 against 3-4 defenses.There has been no signs that that trend will change. Then you add a harder set of opponents....the writing is on the wall that they'll do worse.

But i'm rooting for a miracle season as always.

some fans want to point to arizona and dark horse teams that make it and make some illogical leap that that's reason enough for it to happen to us. There is no correlation. Just because you have the virgin mary in your grill cheese doesn't mean everyone should rexamine their lunch to see if there are other deities in their food.