PDA

View Full Version : Well PFSLDS has set in

northernbillfan
02-03-2009, 10:53 AM
How long is it til some real football comes our way?

For those who don't know, PFSLDS is Post Football Season Let Down Syndrome and it hits hardest right after the Super Bowl and usually lasts until the draft.

The mini camps in June ease it a tad but it's still a long off season.

The Hall of Fame games it at bay as it's closer to the season and it helps that the Bills are in the game this year. Perhaps a road trip is in order.

Am I the only one hoping for a quick and painless off season?

And what are you going to do with your Sunday's now?

OpIv37
02-03-2009, 10:58 AM
For me, PFSLDS starts on the last Sunday of the regular season since the Bills are never in the playoffs.

I try to just watch hockey and not think about how much time there is before football starts again.

I have to admit, though, that it's not as strong for me this year. I'm apathetic because I just don't see how this coming year is going to be any different than this past year. We have too many holes to fill in one off-season, and we still have the same idiots in the FO and the same moronic coaching staff.

yordad
02-03-2009, 10:59 AM
How long is it til some real football comes our way?

For those who don't know, PFSLDS is Post Football Season Let Down Syndrome and it hits hardest right after the Super Bowl and usually lasts until the draft.

The mini camps in June ease it a tad but it's still a long off season.

The Hall of Fame games it at bay as it's closer to the season and it helps that the Bills are in the game this year. Perhaps a road trip is in order.

Am I the only one hoping for a quick and painless off season?

And what are you going to do with your Sunday's now?Off season = spring/summer. Good trade, I'm OK with it.

BAM
02-03-2009, 11:04 AM
The good news is that the end of football season means that Spring is closer. Not long before baseball players report, the weather starts turning for the better, and it doesn't get dark at 5 o'freekin' clock.

DraftBoy
02-03-2009, 11:04 AM
I do draft stuff all the way up through May so mine hasn't started yet.

OpIv37
02-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Off season = spring/summer. Good trade, I'm OK with it.

TERRIBLE trade.

Summer is hot, humid, crowded, and full of mosquitoes and other repulsive insects. It's like God's way of ensuring that the last two months before football starts are as miserable as possible.

northernbillfan
02-03-2009, 11:51 AM
TERRIBLE trade.

Summer is hot, humid, crowded, and full of mosquitoes and other repulsive insects. It's like God's way of ensuring that the last two months before football starts are as miserable as possible.:rofl:

northernbillfan
02-03-2009, 11:51 AM
I do draft stuff all the way up through May so mine hasn't started yet.And you are damn good at it.

northernbillfan
02-03-2009, 11:52 AM
The good news is that the end of football season means that Spring is closer. Not long before baseball players report, the weather starts turning for the better, and it doesn't get dark at 5 o'freekin' clock.Not much of a baseball fan these days. Far too many spoiled millionares for my liking.

northernbillfan
02-03-2009, 11:54 AM
For me, PFSLDS starts on the last Sunday of the regular season since the Bills are never in the playoffs.

I try to just watch hockey and not think about how much time there is before football starts again.

I have to admit, though, that it's not as strong for me this year. I'm apathetic because I just don't see how this coming year is going to be any different than this past year. We have too many holes to fill in one off-season, and we still have the same idiots in the FO and the same moronic coaching staff.Watching as much football as I can until the inevitable sets in is why PFSLDS doesn't really kick in until after the SB.

As a Bills fan,w e can always hope for something out of the ordinary to happen to give us more false hopes.

BAM
02-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Pffff. You should stop being a fan of any sport then.

Ed
02-03-2009, 12:15 PM
No more football means an extra day of snowboarding for me each week. Plus, I just turn my attention to college basketball and my #1 UConn Huskies.

Go UConn!

trapezeus
02-03-2009, 12:22 PM
I actually find that PFSLDS sets in after the probowl. This is how it plays out for me annually.

Superbowl - watch the game

Monday after - read the articles

Tuesday - call friends to complain about commercials, the women who attended the party and knew nothing about the game, and the game itself.

Following Sunday- Go about life normally. Walk into my apartment as sun is setting and turn on TV. See sunny Hawaii with all theplayers having fun as i sit down with my dry legs and chapped lips watching in the dark for two plays. Then the commentator says something stupid and i turn off the tv. This is followed by silently stewing that the season is over and mild happiness that the bills are 0-0. Then i get up and check on the sabres and get totally into that. Moments later, i've called my cable provider to get rates on how much the NHL ticket costs if i get in in March. I then look at the sabres standings for the playoffs, and then consider the package.

After that Sunday - I spend my days cursing how boring baseball is, getting worked up about the draft even though i don't know much about college football. I religiously look for good deals for vacations. Then there istraining camp. I get excited with false expectations. I refuse to listen to anyone, make my bold 11-5 pick and await the season.

I expect all this to follow on as scheduled except this year i will not be predicting 11-5 for the first time in 10 years and will be going with 4-12...regardless of draft and free agency.

northernbillfan
02-03-2009, 12:34 PM
I actually find that PFSLDS sets in after the probowl. This is how it plays out for me annually.

Superbowl - watch the game

Monday after - read the articles

Tuesday - call friends to complain about commercials, the women who attended the party and knew nothing about the game, and the game itself.

Following Sunday- Go about life normally. Walk into my apartment as sun is setting and turn on TV. See sunny Hawaii with all theplayers having fun as i sit down with my dry legs and chapped lips watching in the dark for two plays. Then the commentator says something stupid and i turn off the tv. This is followed by silently stewing that the season is over and mild happiness that the bills are 0-0. Then i get up and check on the sabres and get totally into that. Moments later, i've called my cable provider to get rates on how much the NHL ticket costs if i get in in March. I then look at the sabres standings for the playoffs, and then consider the package.

After that Sunday - I spend my days cursing how boring baseball is, getting worked up about the draft even though i don't know much about college football. I religiously look for good deals for vacations. Then there istraining camp. I get excited with false expectations. I refuse to listen to anyone, make my bold 11-5 pick and await the season.

I expect all this to follow on as scheduled except this year i will not be predicting 11-5 for the first time in 10 years and will be going with 4-12...regardless of draft and free agency.Well said :bf1:

feldspar
02-03-2009, 01:25 PM
For those who don't know, PFSLDS is Post Football Season Let Down Syndrome

INSAKTAYPJMIU

For those of you that don't know, INSAKTAYPJMIU stands for "I'm not sure anybody knew that and you probably just made it up." It's a very well known acronym.

northernbillfan
02-03-2009, 03:27 PM
INSAKTAYPJMIU

For those of you that don't know, INSAKTAYPJMIU stands for "I'm not sure anybody knew that and you probably just made it up." It's a very well known acronym.And your point is?

Of course I made it up myself, years ago. I post a thread like this every year and have since pre Zone days.