• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Well PFSLDS has set in

How long is it til some real football comes our way?

For those who don't know, PFSLDS is Post Football Season Let Down Syndrome and it hits hardest right after the Super Bowl and usually lasts until the draft.

The mini camps in June ease it a tad but it's still a long off season.

The Hall of Fame games it at bay as it's closer to the season and it helps that the Bills are in the game this year. Perhaps a road trip is in order.

Am I the only one hoping for a quick and painless off season?

And what are you going to do with your Sunday's now?
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Well PFSLDS has set in

For me, PFSLDS starts on the last Sunday of the regular season since the Bills are never in the playoffs.

I try to just watch hockey and not think about how much time there is before football starts again.

I have to admit, though, that it's not as strong for me this year. I'm apathetic because I just don't see how this coming year is going to be any different than this past year. We have too many holes to fill in one off-season, and we still have the same idiots in the FO and the same moronic coaching staff.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by northernbillfan
      How long is it til some real football comes our way?

For those who don't know, PFSLDS is Post Football Season Let Down Syndrome and it hits hardest right after the Super Bowl and usually lasts until the draft.

The mini camps in June ease it a tad but it's still a long off season.

The Hall of Fame games it at bay as it's closer to the season and it helps that the Bills are in the game this year. Perhaps a road trip is in order.

Am I the only one hoping for a quick and painless off season?

And what are you going to do with your Sunday's now?
      Off season = spring/summer. Good trade, I'm OK with it.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

The good news is that the end of football season means that Spring is closer. Not long before baseball players report, the weather starts turning for the better, and it doesn't get dark at 5 o'freekin' clock.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

I do draft stuff all the way up through May so mine hasn't started yet.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by yordad
            Off season = spring/summer. Good trade, I'm OK with it.
            TERRIBLE trade.

Summer is hot, humid, crowded, and full of mosquitoes and other repulsive insects. It's like God's way of ensuring that the last two months before football starts are as miserable as possible.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              TERRIBLE trade.

Summer is hot, humid, crowded, and full of mosquitoes and other repulsive insects. It's like God's way of ensuring that the last two months before football starts are as miserable as possible.
              When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                I do draft stuff all the way up through May so mine hasn't started yet.
                And you are damn good at it.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                  The good news is that the end of football season means that Spring is closer. Not long before baseball players report, the weather starts turning for the better, and it doesn't get dark at 5 o'freekin' clock.
                  Not much of a baseball fan these days. Far too many spoiled millionares for my liking.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    For me, PFSLDS starts on the last Sunday of the regular season since the Bills are never in the playoffs.

I try to just watch hockey and not think about how much time there is before football starts again.

I have to admit, though, that it's not as strong for me this year. I'm apathetic because I just don't see how this coming year is going to be any different than this past year. We have too many holes to fill in one off-season, and we still have the same idiots in the FO and the same moronic coaching staff.
                    Watching as much football as I can until the inevitable sets in is why PFSLDS doesn't really kick in until after the SB.

As a Bills fan,w e can always hope for something out of the ordinary to happen to give us more false hopes.

Comment

• BAM
                      • Sep 2003

Pffff. You should stop being a fan of any sport then.

Comment

• Ed
                        Dude
                        • Sep 2002

No more football means an extra day of snowboarding for me each week. Plus, I just turn my attention to college basketball and my #1 UConn Huskies.

Go UConn!

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

I actually find that PFSLDS sets in after the probowl. This is how it plays out for me annually.

Superbowl - watch the game

Monday after - read the articles

Tuesday - call friends to complain about commercials, the women who attended the party and knew nothing about the game, and the game itself.

Following Sunday- Go about life normally. Walk into my apartment as sun is setting and turn on TV. See sunny Hawaii with all theplayers having fun as i sit down with my dry legs and chapped lips watching in the dark for two plays. Then the commentator says something stupid and i turn off the tv. This is followed by silently stewing that the season is over and mild happiness that the bills are 0-0. Then i get up and check on the sabres and get totally into that. Moments later, i've called my cable provider to get rates on how much the NHL ticket costs if i get in in March. I then look at the sabres standings for the playoffs, and then consider the package.

After that Sunday - I spend my days cursing how boring baseball is, getting worked up about the draft even though i don't know much about college football. I religiously look for good deals for vacations. Then there istraining camp. I get excited with false expectations. I refuse to listen to anyone, make my bold 11-5 pick and await the season.

I expect all this to follow on as scheduled except this year i will not be predicting 11-5 for the first time in 10 years and will be going with 4-12...regardless of draft and free agency.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                            I actually find that PFSLDS sets in after the probowl. This is how it plays out for me annually.

Superbowl - watch the game

Monday after - read the articles

Tuesday - call friends to complain about commercials, the women who attended the party and knew nothing about the game, and the game itself.

Following Sunday- Go about life normally. Walk into my apartment as sun is setting and turn on TV. See sunny Hawaii with all theplayers having fun as i sit down with my dry legs and chapped lips watching in the dark for two plays. Then the commentator says something stupid and i turn off the tv. This is followed by silently stewing that the season is over and mild happiness that the bills are 0-0. Then i get up and check on the sabres and get totally into that. Moments later, i've called my cable provider to get rates on how much the NHL ticket costs if i get in in March. I then look at the sabres standings for the playoffs, and then consider the package.

After that Sunday - I spend my days cursing how boring baseball is, getting worked up about the draft even though i don't know much about college football. I religiously look for good deals for vacations. Then there istraining camp. I get excited with false expectations. I refuse to listen to anyone, make my bold 11-5 pick and await the season.

I expect all this to follow on as scheduled except this year i will not be predicting 11-5 for the first time in 10 years and will be going with 4-12...regardless of draft and free agency.
                            Well said

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                              For those who don't know, PFSLDS is Post Football Season Let Down Syndrome
                              INSAKTAYPJMIU

For those of you that don't know, INSAKTAYPJMIU stands for "I'm not sure anybody knew that and you probably just made it up." It's a very well known acronym.

Comment

Working...
                              X