View Full Version : Who do we sign after 7th February?

kernowboy
02-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Here are my thoughts.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I think we will draft on Day 1 a DE and then a TE.<o:p></o:p>
I hope they are called Everette Brown and Chase Coffman.<o:p></o:p>
I can never predict Day 2 for the Bills as we seem to always have a mixed bag but I hope we find a Reggie Corner and a Steve Johnson. <o:p></o:p>
I think we’ll need a C to bring along, a DT with McCargo going, and a QB to develop. A G to seriously push Dockery wouldn’t go amiss. <o:p></o:p>
Dorell Scott (3<SUP>rd</SUP>) A Q Shipley (4<SUP>th</SUP>) Andy Kemp (5<SUP>th</SUP>) Todd Brandstater (6<SUP>th</SUP>) <o:p></o:p>
For me that leads the following needs in Free Agency:<o:p></o:p>
LB – Crowell might be a nice resign, but MICHAEL BOLEY would be a good pick up. Had a poor 2008, but you don’t become awful overnight. A change of scenery might be all that is needed.<o:p></o:p>
FB – McIntyre is not up to the task. However a player available is ZAC KEASEY of the 49ers who has paved the road for Gore and also is a top Special Teamer<o:p></o:p>
No2 QB – with Losman out, a No2 is required. In very limited time, DAVID CARR did well in relief of Manning and considering Edwards injury record plus Carr’s ability to take a beating considering our OL play, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> could be a nice town for him<o:p></o:p>
No2 WR – Hardy out until preseason, then we need a No2. There are some interesting players available including Michael Clayton (Bucs) and Reggie Williams (Jags) who could do a No2 role, but a real difference maker might be ANTONIO BRYANT. All that stops him being elite is an attitude, but an incentive laden deal might keep him interest enough to keep Evans in single coverage<o:p></o:p>
C – Fowler out and maybe <st1:place w:st="on">Preston</st1:place>. We need to draft and to sign. An elite signing would be MATT BIRK to tutor our draft pick. Or a wildcard pick might be JAKE GROVE who could be very interesting if he could stay healthy.<o:p></o:p>
T – If Peters get injured and <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Walker</st1:City></st1:place> has a poor season do we really want to be starting Chambers. RAY WILLIS finally stepped up in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Seattle</st1:place></st1:City> but the Seahawks have too much money in Jones and Locklear. At 27, he’s entering his prime and could be a very good RT down the road with <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Walker</st1:City></st1:place> on the left.<o:p></o:p>
There are no needs to fill at RB whilst our secondary remains the same due to reasonable depth at CB and a lack of free agency quality at S at the moment.<o:p></o:p>

BILLSROCK1212
02-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Here are my thoughts.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I can never predict Day 2 for the Bills as we seem to always have a mixed bag but I hope we find a Reggie Corner and a Steve Johnson. <o:p></o:p>
I think we’ll need a C to bring along, a DT with McCargo going, and a QB to develop. A G to seriously push Dockery wouldn’t go amiss. <o:p></o:p>
Dorell Scott (3<SUP>rd</SUP>) A Q Shipley (4<SUP>th</SUP>) Andy Kemp (5<SUP>th</SUP>) Todd Brandstater (6<SUP>th</SUP>) <o:p></o:p>
LB – Crowell might be a nice resign, but MICHAEL BOLEY would be a good pick up. Had a poor 2008, but you don’t become awful overnight. A change of scenery might be all that is needed.<o:p></o:p>
FB – McIntyre is not up to the task. However a player available is ZAC KEASEY of the 49ers who has paved the road for Gore and also is a top Special Teamer<o:p></o:p>
No2 QB – with Losman out, a No2 is required. In very limited time, DAVID CARR did well in relief of Manning and considering Edwards injury record plus Carr’s ability to take a beating considering our OL play, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> could be a nice town for him<o:p></o:p>
No2 WR – Hardy out until preseason, then we need a No2. There are some interesting players available including Michael Clayton (Bucs) and Reggie Williams (Jags) who could do a No2 role, but a real difference maker might be ANTONIO BRYANT. All that stops him being elite is an attitude, but an incentive laden deal might keep him interest enough to keep Evans in single coverage<o:p></o:p>
C – Fowler out and maybe <st1:place w:st="on">Preston</st1:place>. We need to draft and to sign. An elite signing would be MATT BIRK to tutor our draft pick. Or a wildcard pick might be JAKE GROVE who could be very interesting if he could stay healthy.<o:p></o:p>
T – If Peters get injured and <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Walker</st1:City></st1:place> has a poor season do we really want to be starting Chambers. RAY WILLIS finally stepped up in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Seattle</st1:place></st1:City> but the Seahawks have too much money in Jones and Locklear. At 27, he’s entering his prime and could be a very good RT down the road with <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Walker</st1:City></st1:place> on the left.<o:p></o:p>
There are no needs to fill at RB whilst our secondary remains the same due to reasonable depth at CB and a lack of free agency quality at S at the moment.<o:p></o:p>seems like the average Bills offseason....ill take it, Antonio Bryant would be a great signing for a 2-3 year deal.....but i want an offseason that WOWs me this one doesnt

Wally The Barber
02-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Not a bad plan at all!

You got me sold

I wouldn't mind trading for Tony Gonzalas with our second pick though

KC wants a #2

I am not buying the he doesn't want to come here stuff

PECKERWOOD
02-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Not a bad plan at all!

You got me sold

I wouldn't mind trading for Tony Gonzalas with our second pick though

KC wants a #2

I am not buying the he doesn't want to come here stuff

No thanks, I would only trade a #3 for Gonzales... Why trade a 2nd round pick for him when you can maybe get Coffman or Pettigrew in the 2nd?

BuffaloBillsStampede
02-03-2009, 09:12 PM
I would really really really prefer Jason Brown as our center for the next 8-10 years.

Wally The Barber
02-04-2009, 05:59 AM
No thanks, I would only trade a #3 for Gonzales... Why trade a 2nd round pick for him when you can maybe get Coffman or Pettigrew in the 2nd?
I will take the proven talent....

Anyway, this board has no patience for rookie players

Hardy is already a bust! (lol)

A #3 might do it, but I doubt it!

Mahdi
02-04-2009, 06:45 AM
There are no needs to fill at RB whilst our secondary remains the same due to reasonable depth at CB and a lack of free agency quality at S at the moment.<o:p></o:p>
FA is the 27th... just so yer not up in the late hours on the 7th waiting for Matt Birk...

jamze132
02-04-2009, 08:27 AM
FA is the 27th... just so yer not up in the late hours on the 7th waiting for Matt Birk...
Beat me to it...

Crazygoo
02-04-2009, 08:45 AM
you rplan sounds good. But like always i am sure that we will do something that makes no sense

justasportsfan
02-04-2009, 10:09 AM

Although I like both players , wishing we find those kind of players isn't gonna help anything since they themselves weren't able to do much to help this team.

We need to find huge upgrades that can offset the lack of brains on this team. If we can't win with coaching maybe we can with probowl talent but of course, I won't hold my breath since the brains of this team think guys like Kelsay are the answers.

yordad
02-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Here are my thoughts.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Dorell Scott (3<sup>rd</sup>) A Q Shipley (4<sup>th</sup>) Andy Kemp (5<sup>th</sup>) Todd Brandstater (6<sup>th</sup>) <o:p></o:p>
No2 QB – with Losman out, a No2 is required. In very limited time, DAVID CARR did well in relief of Manning and considering Edwards injury record plus Carr’s ability to take a beating considering our OL play, <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:city> could be a nice town for him<o:p></o:p>
T – If Peters get injured and <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Walker</st1:city></st1:place> has a poor season do we really want to be starting Chambers. RAY WILLIS finally stepped up in <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Seattle</st1:place></st1:city> but the Seahawks have too much money in Jones and Locklear. At 27, he’s entering his prime and could be a very good RT down the road with <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Walker</st1:city></st1:place> on the left.<o:p></o:p>
There are no needs to fill at RB whilst our secondary remains the same due to reasonable depth at CB and a lack of free agency quality at S at the moment.<o:p></o:p>Crowell over Boley, and Brown over Grove and you got a deal! Also, I know nothing about Zac, and would prefer a versatile FB, but any upgrade is welcomed. Maybe draft a receiving FB in the 7th. I'm not sure one rookie DE is the pass rush answer, but for the Bills this would be a good off season. Rome wasn't built in a day.