• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billsfanone
    Majored in Home Economics
    • Sep 2008

Niagara Bills?

NORTH TONAWANDA, N.Y. (WIVB) - Could the Buffalo Bills continue to grow their fan base and secure their future in western New York by moving north to Niagara County?

A grassroots campaign is underway to keep the franchise in the region by relocating the team to Niagara County and changing the team's name to the Niagara Bills.
  • M
    • Aug 2006

Re: Niagara Bills?

Cafarella says supporters of the Niagara Bills are not trying to lure the franchise away from Buffalo.

Their campaign is sort of a back-up plan for ensuring the team stays in western New York.
    Then let them keep their name. The "Niagara" Bills? Pffft.
    Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

A stadium in Niagara County wouldn't necessarily be a problem. It's not that much farther from downtown than the current stadium.

But the Niagara Bills? These people are idiots for even suggesting the name change. A lot of people want a new stadium so they could have garnered support, but no one is going to go for the name change.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• tat2dmike77
        Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
        • Dec 2005

All a new stadium does is ensure that ticket prices will double. There is nothing wrong with the Ralph and yes i have been there many times. People want to be coddled when they goto games now. Well i like the Ralph and i am against a new stadium at this point in time.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by oceros
          http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/could_b..._county_090203

NORTH TONAWANDA, N.Y. (WIVB) - Could the Buffalo Bills continue to grow their fan base and secure their future in western New York by moving north to Niagara County?

A grassroots campaign is underway to keep the franchise in the region by relocating the team to Niagara County and changing the team's name to the Niagara Bills.
          This is SOOOO GAY.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            A stadium in Niagara County wouldn't necessarily be a problem. It's not that much farther from downtown than the current stadium.

But the Niagara Bills? These people are idiots for even suggesting the name change. A lot of people want a new stadium so they could have garnered support, but no one is going to go for the name change.

Bunch of dumb queers.

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

Well this would at least keep me a fan of the franchise. If it were to move to LA, Toronto or elsewhere, I'm gone!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                Well this would at least keep me a fan of the franchise. If it were to move to LA, Toronto or elsewhere, I'm gone!
                Yeah I guess but why the Niagara Bills? They would be moving like 30 minutes from where they are now.

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

Jim Kelly pretty much said F' that and he wouldn't want any part if it went down that way.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

I'm not a geography major, by any means, but what would moving a few miles do, besides like Tat said, increase ticket prices?

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

"grassroots effort" means "some people who got disenfranchised and want to pretend they can do something about it. it'll get press for 3 days and then die. and years later you'll see that guy in a bar. 'we're you the one that wanted that niagara bills plan?' then you leave"

i wouldn't be against the development of Niagara falls. i've thought that that is the key to reviving buffalo. The two cities have to stop competing with each other and start helping each other.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                        "grassroots effort" means "some people who got disenfranchised and want to pretend they can do something about it. it'll get press for 3 days and then die. and years later you'll see that guy in a bar. 'we're you the one that wanted that niagara bills plan?' then you leave"

i wouldn't be against the development of Niagara falls. i've thought that that is the key to reviving buffalo. The two cities have to stop competing with each other and start helping each other.
                        at this point I wouldnt even freak out about the team moving there but they must remain the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

i wouldn't think it's a big deal to go to Niagara falls. the name should remain the same. i thought kelly had mentioned an idea of a stadium in Niagara.

If Niagara falls could get a stadium, build a few more hotels and start to develop the falls into an attraction as opposed to simply a summertime holiday, the town would be in good shape tourist wise. if they could grow for 5 years with tourist growth, a nice indoor stadium could make hosting a superbowl less ridiculous than it sounds now.

however, with the economic mess of NYS, i don't see where you are getting financing. and even good companies are having trouble getting credit.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Let's compromise. The Buffalo-Niagara Bills sounds fine to me.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              Let's compromise. The Buffalo-Niagara Bills sounds fine to me.
                              NOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Working...
                              X