PDA

View Full Version : Mock (great draft)

Mitchell55
02-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Resign everyone but JP, Wilson, Whittle, Greer, McNtire, Fowler, Bryan, Hamdan, and Corto

Release- Royal, Kelsay,

JT O'sullivan QB- Vet depth
Fred Weaver FB- great blocking FB
Shaun McDonald WR- underrated WR who put up great numbers in detroit.
Sean Jones S- Great safty, young safty whos a playmaker. 3 seasons with over 3 ints.
Kabeer Gbaja Biamila DE- getting old but will do what we need
Barry Stokes G- Depth

1st- Brian Orakpo DE- Best DE in draft
2nd- Alex Mack C- No teams that have a major need in this other than the colts is Saturday leaves and Minnesota but they will probably get a CB/S in round 1.
3rd- Jarron Gilbert- Great DT and will vastly improve our line
4th- Travis Beckum TE- Injuries stopped him from becomming a 1st round TE
5th- Mike Reilly QB- 30+ TDs and only 4 INTs.
6th- K-Doc G- Docs younger brother.
7th- LB

DC

QB- Trent, O'sullivan, Reilly
RB- Lynch, Jackson, Omon
FB- Weaver
WR- Evans, McDonald, Reed, Johnson, Hardy, Parrish
TE- Beckum, Schouman, Fine
LT- Peters, Chambers
LG- Doc, Doc
C- Mack, Preston
RG- Butler, Stokes
RT- Walker, Bell
LE- Orakpo, Denney
RE- Schobel, Gbaja, Ellis
DT- Stroud, Williams, Gilbert, Johnson
LB- Mitchell, Bowen
LB- Pos, Digi
LB- Crow, LB 7
CB- McGee, McKelvin, Youboty, Corner
S- Jones, Scott, Wendling
S- Whitner, Ko

Also, I said I wont make another untill the probowl so dont bash me for making so many. I havent made one in over a month.

PECKERWOOD
02-04-2009, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't mind that but I would rather have Coffman in the 3rd and Bomar in the 4th.

T-Long
02-04-2009, 04:04 PM
So you are saying to sign O'Sullivan, but yet release him then for Reilly? Doesn't make sense. You also said to release Hamdan, but you have him as our #2.

I can't imagine Beckum falling to mid 4th either, injuries or not. That guy is a stud when healthy. He is a 3rd rounder at worst.

X-Era
02-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Resign everyone but JP, Wilson, Whittle, Greer, McNtire, Fowler, Bryan, Hamdan, and Corto

Release- Royal, Kelsay,

Sean Jones S- Great safty, young safty whos a playmaker. 3 seasons with over 3 ints.
Barry Stokes G- Depth

2nd- Alex Mack C- No teams that have a major need in this other than the colts is Saturday leaves and Minnesota but they will probably get a CB/S in round 1.
7th- LB

DC

QB- Trent, Hamdan, Reilly
RB- Lynch, Jackson, Omon
FB- Weaver
LT- Peters, Chambers
LG- Doc, Doc
C- Mack, Preston
RG- Butler, Stokes
RT- Walker, Bell
LE- Orakpo, Denney
LB- Mitchell, Bowen
LB- Pos, Digi
LB- Crow, LB 7
S- Whitner, Ko

Also, I said I wont make another untill the probowl so dont bash me for making so many. I havent made one in over a month.

Jarron Gilbert is not a great DT, he is a athletic DT... there could be a significant difference (think about a guy like Lief Larsen) Make that Ziggy Hood and thats a great pick.

Travis Beckum is the new prototypical pass receiving threat TE, but he is badly injured and therefore may drop well below this.

The top 2, I like, but I think Macks showing wasnt dominant in Senior Bowl week and he may have even fell into the 3rd round. Id prefer to grab Jared Cook or Coffman in the 2nd if we could land a good C in the 3rd.

The big problem is that we really need a DE, and OLB, along with a C. Crow is in a questionable situation at best... thats not a sure fire starter for us at this point.

patmoran2006
02-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Here is a great draft.

Round 1- Aaron Curry
Round 2- Brian Orakpo
Round 3- Michael Crabtree
Round 4- Everette Brown
Round 5- Brandon Pettigrew

Ya like it so far?

X-Era
02-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Here is a great draft.

Round 1- Aaron Curry
Round 2- Brian Orakpo
Round 4- Everette Brown

Ya like it so far?

Oh no, you missed it, I have a better one:

Trade Peters for a teams 1st round pick
Trade Lynch for a 2nd rounder
Then trade down with all of our picks until we end up with every pick in the 6th and 7th round... we ought to be able to land the next Tom Brady somewhere in there.

Joe Fo Sho
02-04-2009, 04:42 PM

Release- Royal, Kelsay,

Barry Stokes G- Depth

7th- LB

DC

QB- Trent, Hamdan, Reilly
RB- Lynch, Jackson, Omon
FB- Weaver
LT- Peters, Chambers
LG- Doc, Doc
C- Mack, Preston
RG- Butler, Stokes
RT- Walker, Bell
LE- Orakpo, Denney
LB- Mitchell, Bowen
LB- Pos, Digi
LB- Crow, LB 7
S- Whitner, Ko

SWEET!!!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR NEXT ONE!!!!!

Yasgur's Farm
02-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Here is a great draft.

Round 1- Aaron Curry
Round 2- Brian Orakpo
Round 4- Everette Brown

Ya like it so far?LMAO... Classic

tat2dmike77
02-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Who the hell is K Doc G?

PECKERWOOD
02-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Here is a great draft.

Round 1- Aaron Curry
Round 2- Brian Orakpo
Round 4- Everette Brown

Ya like it so far?

Brandon Pettigrew is a reach in the 5th round. ;-D

BlackMetalNinja
02-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Well, the plus side of you posting 294345 offseason scenarios is that sooner or later you're bound to get at least one thing right.

Pinkerton Security
02-05-2009, 07:59 AM
by the title of the thread I thought it was from an external source, but im glad you enjoy this particular mock so much, even if its your own.

jamze132
02-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Another one Mitchel? Shoot me.

ddaryl
02-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Shaun McDonald WR- underrated WR who put up great numbers in detroit

35 catches in 2008 are great numbers ???

5'10" 185lbs ?????

if the Bills did this I would shoot the guy as soon as he got off the plane before he could be apart of the team.

depending on a rookie to improve the C position is also terrible. We better get a top FA C and then draft Mck and groom him for a year or 2 otherwise we will not improve...

I would say you're reaching at straws at most everything and need to realy look at uor needs again, and re-prioritize much of this

Pinkerton Security
02-05-2009, 09:35 AM

5'10" 185lbs ?????

if the Bills did this I would shoot the guy as soon as he got off the plane before he could be apart of the team.

depending on a rookie to improve the C position is also terrible. We better get a top FA C and then draft Mck and groom him for a year or 2 otherwise we will not improve...

I would say you're reaching at straws at most everything and need to realy look at uor needs again, and re-prioritize much of this

eh, i def agree with not wanting mcdonald, but I think relying on a rookie C isnt all that bad, if hes good enough. Look at what Mangold did for the Jets, he stepped right in and has arguably been better overall than D'Brick.

PECKERWOOD
02-05-2009, 06:05 PM
I like the DT that EE listed because his name is Ziggy.. (in best Jamaican voice) Irie mon!! Jah rhastifari!!

Nighthawk
02-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Well, the plus side of you posting 294345 offseason scenarios is that sooner or later you're bound to get at least one thing right.

Or not...

p.s. - There should be a ban of any poster who constantly posts offseason scenarios over & over & over & over & over & over...

Joe Fo Sho
02-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Or not...

p.s. - There should be a ban of any poster who constantly posts offseason scenarios over & over & over & over & over & over...

NO WAY MAN!!!

I'M ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT TO SEE WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO IN HIS NEXT SCENARIO!!!!

PECKERWOOD
02-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Or not...

What does it say about a person who knows what they're going to get, yet they still read it, over & over & over & over????

Dude, you're on a Bills mb during the offseason... What exactly are you expecting? Atleast when I come here, I know what I'm going to get.

Keep posting Mitchell, I will read it. :up:

tat2dmike77
02-05-2009, 07:28 PM
I still want to know who the f*** is K DOC G?

Mitchell55
02-05-2009, 08:34 PM
I still want to know who the f*** is K DOC G?

Kevin Dockery I think out of texas. Derricks bro

Mitchell55
02-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Can someone neg me. It feels wierd making a post that I get bashed for but not negged.

Mitchell55
02-05-2009, 08:46 PM

5'10" 185lbs ?????

Im sorry to tell you this but last year they had 4 starting QBs, 2 were playing for the 1st time in there career. 2 years ago when there QB position was stable, he had 79 catches, 6 TDs, and 943 yds. Basically he was there 2nd/3rd reciever and had a much, much better season than Evans this year.

PECKERWOOD
02-05-2009, 09:20 PM
You're good peoples Mitchell, **** the haters!! ;-D

chubluv
02-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Some guy on cbssports.com has a mock up that has us taking Mark Sanchez at #11. I saw that and almost pissed my self laughing.

PECKERWOOD
02-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Some guy on cbssports.com has a mock up that has us taking Mark Sanchez at #11. I saw that and almost pissed my self laughing.

I actually wouldn't mind it.

Nighthawk
02-06-2009, 12:39 PM
What does it say about a person who knows what they're going to get, yet they still read it, over & over & over & over????

Dude, you're on a Bills mb during the offseason... What exactly are you expecting? Atleast when I come here, I know what I'm going to get.

Keep posting Mitchell, I will read it. :up:

The threads are garbage, sorry...that is what it is.

Mitchell55
02-06-2009, 12:40 PM
The threads are garbage, sorry...that is what it is.

Why? Because you dont like my opinion

justasportsfan
02-06-2009, 12:42 PM
why? How many times have we wasted picks on TE's? We drafted Lynch and then Oman. We drafted Whitner and then Simpson.

Mitchell55
02-06-2009, 12:42 PM
why? How many times have we wasted picks on TE's? We drafted Lynch and then Oman. We drafted Whitner and then Simpson.

???

Mitchell55
02-06-2009, 12:47 PM

We never take TEs early. Oman was taken in the late rounds so its not realy a waste. Whitner and Simpson. FS, SS.

HHURRICANE
02-06-2009, 12:59 PM
QB- Trent, O'sullivan, Reilly
RB- Lynch, Jackson, Omon
FB- Weaver
LT- Peters, Chambers
LG- Doc, Doc
C- Mack, Preston
RG- Butler, Stokes
RT- Walker, Bell
LE- Orakpo, Denney
LB- Mitchell, Bowen
LB- Pos, Digi
LB- Crow, LB 7
S- Whitner, Ko

The roster looks good enough for 8 wins, maybe.

Mitchell55
02-06-2009, 01:04 PM
The roster looks good enough for 8 wins, maybe.

Its the best most realistic one you can get. Its not like we will get Birk, Suggs, or Bryant.

Nighthawk
02-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Why? Because you dont like my opinion

No, because they waste space, have no substance and are plain silly.

X-Era
02-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Or not...

Hold up, how about observe some tolerance... How different is it to post about how terrible Dick Jauron is over & over & over & over?

Lets just post what we want and if we dont want to read, dont.

PECKERWOOD
02-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Hold up, how about observe some tolerance... How different is it to post about how terrible Dick Jauron is over & over & over & over?

That's my thought, I hate it when people don't have the discipline to censor themselves so they try to determine what everybody else should be reading..

Not saying you're a bad dude Nighthawk, just completely disagree with your perspective on this one. Keep posting too, I'm tolerant to a difference in opinion. :up:

Nighthawk
02-07-2009, 12:41 AM

Difference is, I don't start thread after thread about Dickey. I might post in threads already started, but I don't start many threads about the same thing over and over. Totally different thing.

Marvelous
02-07-2009, 04:43 AM
I enjoy reading these MItchell. It's the offseason & it's fun.. It's also fun seeing people say "shoot me" So they clicked the thread to complain & contribute no comment on the actual scenerio? lmao I enjoy these 10x more then the bed wetters who cry about TE in the 1st round. sometimes year in/out ;)

--Did you do your homework on other team needs? If you're gonna draft players in certain spots based on what other teams will do then tighten up..
-The Colts took Mike Pollak in the 2nd round last year. That is just right for a center who will/should start in a couple years etc.. SO With the reminder of Pollak, i think the 2nd round is rediculous for us to pick a Center. UNLESS he is something very special....
-F**k! Why do smart Bills fans want to invest skilled position draft spots on mediocre positions? Center & TE taken high are for teams who can afford that Luxery like NE with Watson,Mankins & Graham. Vernon Davis went waay to high.

--I am a hater because i wanted Dallas Clark or Jason Witten in the McGahee/Kelsay draft..
--Witten,Clark,Cooley- These guys weren't taken in top of the 1st round RIGHT?

--Solution- Since we are mediocre at best with our roster & we are super used to not having a stud TE,,Then lets draft a 4th or 5th round STUD pass catching FB. WHo is this years HYPE MONSTER? Brian Leonard type? Maybe even a Peyton Hillis.. Trent Edwards would be alllll over a backfield target like that.. We get a FB who is a fan favorite because he's hyped up, but without the high draft pick pricetag.. & Trent Gets his dumpoff target.... If you are sick & tured of being sick & tired of us ignoring TE & you want TE @ 11, then please comment on this

---Micth do you're next one but insert stud FB and don't get a TE till round 4 or later..
--Also--Draft QB or BPA in the 1st.. I'm 90% sure that OBD WILL-NOT be benching Kelsay -or- Schobel. It's irrelevant on what i think about those two starting because i DON'T set our lineup..Want proof? The staff is super pleased with Ryan Denney's career season!.!.!.!.! So i think it's A-OK for you to not draft a DE in the 1st in you're mocks....LineBacker is still a concern.. IMO POZ will move back to the outside & that leaves us with no MLB/Mike with experience.. Mitchell is one outside LB & POZ is the other. Degeorgio is probably gonna go start somewhere else. Can we blame him? And IMO Crowell is history.. I know the staff didn't forget his surgery with 3 days till kickoff & Angello didn't forget him getting put on the IR :lol:
--CB is still important Leodis is gonna start sooner then later. But if we can't keep Greer then HOLY CRAP! CB is gonna be super weak this season..
IMO CB is the S-A-F-E-S-T * most responsible position to draft @ 11... Takes time to groom. Trufant is my example. And in 2-3 years when rook CB is ready to be a stud, we have no idea what the situation will be besides us having Leodis..IMO CB makes sense. 11 is waaay tooo early for Guard or safety. Unless they are Sean Taylor,Reed etc -or- Steve Hutchinson(17th pick seattle), SOO besides the super freaks we need to build skilled prior to the fun positions...We have tandem at DE with Schobel & Kelsay -then- we do at CB with just McGee & Leodis. But how are any of these positions more important then QB?

--QB- So some/many are undecided about Trent Edwards well then why risk it? If we do stick with him the Great. BUT lets have insurance. Lets draft the best available QB @ 11 & hopefully we'll not need him and we can trade him or Trent Edwards in a couple years etc.. I'm kinda avoiding canning Trent talk. But we all saw his somewhat noodle arm & it's no coincidence that lee EVans was ignored more then we've ever seen.. Could that be because Lee EVans is a deep WR? When Trent nailed Lee EVans deep(Kansas City) it wasn't a 40+ yarder,,it was more like a 30-25 yard bomb. I do question his arm strength. To balance itm His mechanics and pocket prowess must be TIP-TOP. neither we're TIP-Top. ESP POCKET AWARENESS. Trent was constantly abused by blindside hits. Countless fumbles.. I'm old & i know that Young QB's must take their bumps & bruises/learning curves, BUT somethings are just early signs. similarities to Rob/JP/& Drew with acting ******ed in the pocket..Trent Edwards really impressed us his rookie year with his lightning fast release & lightning fast get rid of it's. But last year he seemed like a 100% different QB.......If QB makes or breaks us & our season is on the shoulders of Trent Edwards then dmn straight i don't wanna throw in the towel just because Trent pooped..BUT- Most likely a rookie QB WON'T save us either. Rook QB is for down the road, hmm...Guess we need to make a trade for a vet QB age 27-32.. Example could be a young QB who's rode pine for 1 or 2 seasons and has learned from watching. Like Miami's Beck, or Philly Kolb. That is if there's not a Older VET with some EXP available to us..........

billogic99
02-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Seems realistic, but to be honest it looks like you're trying to cover a wound created by a chainsaw with a bandaid.