PDA

View Full Version : No surgery for Schobel

justasportsfan
02-04-2009, 02:23 PM
I took an x-ray to make sure that the gap between the bones didn’t get any wider and it didn’t get any wider in the past two months,” Schobel told Buffalobills.com. “The MRI showed that most of the bone bruising was gone and by the ligament there was scar tissue forming around it, which is what we wanted because it will help stabilize everything. So I won’t have to do anything.”

The key during Schobel’s on-field workout Tuesday was being able to drive off the injured foot coming off the edge, something he could not do without severe discomfort even at season’s end, 11 weeks removed from the time he suffered the injury. But Schobel was encouraged by how it held up this week.

“I worked out on it and did pretty good,” Schobel said. “I did some running and checked it. (Bud) was basically watching my stride because the last time I worked on it my stride was shorter and I wasn’t putting as much pressure on it. But my stride was pretty much back to normal.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/no-surgery-for-schobel/999db991-1c8d-487f-bf5e-bf9f179c7187

justasportsfan
02-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Schobel ready to silence the doubters

Aaron Schobel is a player that has a lot of pride. So naturally when there is criticism about his game he takes it personally and now after a season marred by injury is ready to use it to his advantage, as he prepares for the 2009 season knowing now that he won’t need surgery.

“If 100 guys tell me good game and the one guy at the end of the tunnel tells me I suck, all I think about is the guy that told me I suck and that’s the kind of crap that motivates me,” Schobel told Buffalobills.com. ”That’s what sort of got me where I am. I don’t want to just be an average player. I want to feel like I’m one of the best if not the best and that’s how I’m going to prepare and that’s the mindset I’m going to take into it. Hopefully it works out that I prove people that think I’m over the hill wrong.”

In talking to him by phone the past couple of days I think it’s safe to say that Schobel is well aware of the criticism he got for missing the last 11 games, and not coming close to his sack numbers of the past, even though his injury was serious.

He realizes people think he’s on the decline, so he sounded pretty determined to show he’s still got a lot of football left in him.

“I guess I have to have the stats just to shut everybody up and that’s my motivation,” he said.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

OpIv37
02-04-2009, 02:31 PM
well, looks like hhurricane was right about the evaluation but wrong about the need for surgery:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=168290

mush69
02-05-2009, 04:52 AM
I don't know, what if say the foot is fine all summer and then after 4 or 5 games it gets reinjured. Then what do we got? An injured sucky DE again. I hope the new D-line coach can get a spark under his ass because I have a feeling we are gonna need some help here.

I say we knife him up, have a look see and maybe give him a bionic foot. Make him bigger, faster, stronger....yeah and give him an eye so he can see into the hundle....yeah!

Jeff1220
02-05-2009, 07:34 AM
What was his excuse in 07-08?

Jan Reimers
02-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Unless the scar tissue weighs 20 pounds and reverses the effects of the aging process, I'm afraid Schobel will be the same pass rusher that we've seen for the last 2 seasons.

gil
02-05-2009, 08:50 AM
“I guess I have to have the stats just to shut everybody up and that’s my motivation,” he said.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

It's not exactly about the stats that I for one was disappointed in him - it was about him being invisible for long stretches and not even getting pressure on the QB or disrupting any plays.

jamze132
02-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Sorry but Schobel's leg is never going to allow him to be as productive as he was when he was younger. DE needs to be one of our biggest concerns in FA and Day1 of the draft.

Hopefully Schobel can play 16 games next season, as it would allow for some awesome depth, if we address the position properly in the coming weeks.

justasportsfan
02-05-2009, 09:34 AM
he played his best against the run last season. Unfortunately, Kelsay was no help.