PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe

Jaybird
02-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Roscoe is one of the most dangerous players in the nfl, once he has the ball in his hands. However, he does not get enough touches. The bills have never utilized his talent, gotten him in open field, and how about a few reverses (has lee evans ever ran a reverse? WHY the F not).

If we do bring in a #2 Wr the bills will not have room for roscoe. Sure, leodis can take over on punt returns, but we need his playmaking ability on offense. Coaching staff, and i know that is asking a lot of Dick & co. must find ways to get him the ball.

He is in the league for a reason! At his size you must be very talented to make the nfl.

Let's all hope for good things this offseason

Go BILLS

xXSpIkes5IXx
02-04-2009, 08:57 PM
For a team that lacks play makers, trading away one of our few away makes absolutely zero sense.

PECKERWOOD
02-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Problem is he has as good of hands as Robert Royal.

bigbub2352
02-04-2009, 09:30 PM
i think he should get 2-3 short passes a game mandatory, he does not get enough touches period, we have an extremely blah offense
he is also the best punt returner in the game so u keep him as a number 4 and utilize him properly
coaching needs to see this

PECKERWOOD
02-04-2009, 09:41 PM
i think he should get 2-3 short passes a game mandatory, he does not get enough touches period, we have an extremely blah offense
he is also the best punt returner in the game so u keep him as a number 4 and utilize him properly
coaching needs to see this

Roscoe should be used like Welker is in New England. I just question his smarts and hands the most, the ability is there.

OpIv37
02-04-2009, 09:43 PM
The problem with reverses is that he's too small and easy to pull down.

The problem with getting him the ball downfield is that he runs ****ty routes. He doesn't make good cuts and he never gets separation.

He is good once he has the ball, but actually getting him the ball is difficult.

SeatownBillsFan21
02-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Great punt returner but i think it ends there

DANMAN
02-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Roscoe has little trade value.

As a receiver his value is negligable. He just does not catch enough passes, his hands are average at best. Considering how fast he is it is surprising how little seperation he gets.

His only real value is as a punt returner, he is a great return man.

He lacks the football skills to be another Wes Welker type player.

Welker is a playmaker and catches over 100 balls a year, sometimes 10 or more a game. Often he leads the Pats in receptions.

Roscoe catches maybe 1 or 2 a game and rarely makes a difference as a WR.

Where Roscoe is concerned as a WR he is a great punt returner.

Maybe it is the curse of all the Bills players who wear number 11.

Oaf
02-05-2009, 12:37 AM
The problem with getting him the ball downfield is that he runs ****ty routes.

I still don't buy that. I say he has ****ty coaching and there is little reason why he can't be a Eddie Royal, DeSean Jackson, or at the least, a Devin Hester on O. He has the best change-of-direction ability on the field.

Yasgur's Farm
02-05-2009, 06:05 AM
How many times has he run a curl pattern, and then proceed to give back 3 yards after the catch with his reverse curl move.

Great punt returner... Average at best WR. The Bills need more value for the $3M he gets.

OpIv37
02-05-2009, 08:47 AM
I still don't buy that. I say he has ****ty coaching and there is little reason why he can't be a Eddie Royal, DeSean Jackson, or at the least, a Devin Hester on O. He has the best change-of-direction ability on the field.

I'm telling you, the next time you're at a game, watch Josh Reed then watch Roscoe. Roscoe is infinitely faster than Reed, but when reed makes his cut on the route, he gains a step on the DB every time. When Roscoe makes his cut, the DB just stays with him step by step. Believe me- the difference is obvious.

There's a good chance it's coaching because route-running isn't a natural ability like speed or hands- it's something that can be taught. But for whatever reason, Roscoe's terrible at it.

trapezeus
02-05-2009, 08:51 AM
with his lack of production as a receiver, i'd like to see him have 5 returns for TD's to be considered a great returner. He is so frustrating. he has one kickoff return at the beginning of hte season and then a string of close calls. and then nothing.

we need a receiver, not a punt returner. we have a defense that rarely gets us punts. i could part with roscoe easily.

jamze132
02-05-2009, 08:56 AM
We can all thank Donahoe for making Roscoe Parrish our first selcetion in the 2005 draft. It really makes you mad considering we didn't have a 1st round pick.

justasportsfan
02-05-2009, 09:26 AM
another wasted talent under this coaching staff. This is why it's useless to grab another wr early in the draft. We'll just waste him.

ParanoidAndroid
02-05-2009, 10:37 PM
another wasted talent under this coaching staff. This is why it's useless to grab another wr early in the draft. We'll just waste him.

...just like every kid in school is expected to be taught at grade-level or it's the teacher's fault. Trying to teach algebra to a kid with short term memory problems and an IQ of 72 is like trying to teach a tortoise how to fly.....try and try as they might. Maybe he just doesn't have the ability to learn the game beyond what he has.

Oaf
02-06-2009, 01:27 AM
I'm telling you, the next time you're at a game, watch Josh Reed then watch Roscoe. Roscoe is infinitely faster than Reed, but when reed makes his cut on the route, he gains a step on the DB every time. When Roscoe makes his cut, the DB just stays with him step by step. Believe me- the difference is obvious.

There's a good chance it's coaching because route-running isn't a natural ability like speed or hands- it's something that can be taught. But for whatever reason, Roscoe's terrible at it.

Thanks, I'll take a closer look next time. Still, just avoid the bump, run straight, beat people deep. That's all Hester does.

HHURRICANE
02-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Roscoe is one of the most dangerous players in the nfl, once he has the ball in his hands. However, he does not get enough touches. The bills have never utilized his talent, gotten him in open field, and how about a few reverses (has lee evans ever ran a reverse? WHY the F not).

If we do bring in a #2 Wr the bills will not have room for roscoe. Sure, leodis can take over on punt returns, but we need his playmaking ability on offense. Coaching staff, and i know that is asking a lot of Dick & co. must find ways to get him the ball.

He is in the league for a reason! At his size you must be very talented to make the nfl.

Let's all hope for good things this offseason

Go BILLS

This post is ridculous. For the right compensation he might be one of the most tradeable players on this team.

His size prevents him from getting off the line which is the reason he doesn't get the "touches".

justasportsfan
02-06-2009, 09:10 AM
...just like every kid in school is expected to be taught at grade-level or it's the teacher's fault. Trying to teach algebra to a kid with short term memory problems and an IQ of 72 is like trying to teach a tortoise how to fly.....try and try as they might. Maybe he just doesn't have the ability to learn the game beyond what he has.
Maybe he doesn't have the ability but every player on this team gets the benefit of a doubt because it seems like every talent on this team looks average at best under this coaching staff and yet every player that the PAts bring in from the streets looks like probowlers when they play us.

This coaching staff decided to get rid of Leonard and he easily made every player on this team look like rookies. Yeah you can say that he has a great supporting cast but it's his first year with a new team while guys like Wilson and Whitner have been here for quite sometime now in comparison. OUr safeties look lost vs. crappy teams and Leonard was making plays vs. great teams.

There should be no excuse why Trent with all his experience and supposedly smarts looks like he couldn't hold Cassels jock. Trent ran a WCO in college and Cassel never even started in college not to mention Trents experience in the NFl compared to Cassels.

Mr. Pink
02-06-2009, 10:21 AM
He's a guy I said we shouldn't have bothered resigning before.

A waste to the cap. Overpaid. And has ZERO impact on offense.

Now his impact on special teams is negligible, seeing obviously, McKelvin more than picks up the slack.

There is no point in having an overpaid 4th or 5th WR when we have holes that could be better filled with the money he gets.

Been my stance for the last few years, honestly.

trapezeus
02-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Seems like roscoe is someone a team with a lot of strengths can have. But for a team as porous as the bills and with so many questions with their WRs, they need someone more productive than Roscoe. He's a luxury item. The bills need a good value WR.

I'd trade decent field position on punts for a WR who stretches the field and makes the bills a mroe balanced team.

Marvelous
02-07-2009, 03:58 AM
I believe Roscoe is a UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT. With that in mind i don't see any compensation... Didn't we resign him when we resigned Denney?

--Roscoe is very under-used. As the poster above me mentioned...

-Question is this-- Can we afford to keep him as a Punt returner?
-Afford meaning = the roster spot, The experience wasted if he's on the field instead of Steve Johnson or another younger player who unlike Roscoe, could see his potential.. I'm 100% decided that Roscoe's upside will never be reached with us.. His value is ONLY as a Superstar punt returner.. IMO that's worthy to resign him. BUt the Bills shouldn't field him @ WR at all. Just so others can have the reps..

---The poster above mentioned His Route Running and how mediocre.. This is true & I'VE noticed.. To compare him to Josh Reed though is no wash since Reed is a great route runner. In fact all Reed is missing is reps & maybe overall SPeed. But i always feel stupid when i say Reed is lacking speed because he hauls butt after the catch & looks super fast at every practice..

-If we have Roscoe under contract & i'm wrong that he's a UFA, then i say a 3rd or 4th rounder is ideal. Sure a 2nd provides wood but unlikely..Is he considered by the other teams to be a underdevelouped Steve SMith,Snatana Moss? Or a awesome PR, but bust at Wide out...

-I'm done with hoping he makes it. It's been 5 years.