• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

OpIv37's Post Game Comments

1a. Connolly is amazing
    1b. I hope the Sabres have some damn good doctors so they can analyze his health and durability to make the right decision about keeping him

2. Props to Vanek on the natural hat trick. I still wish he'd make his presence felt more in 5 on 5 though.

3. Stafford is red hot right now.

4. Miller had a great game, although the Leafs made it easy for him. He hasn't allowed a goal in over 126 minutes. That's incredible.

5. Pogge looks damn good for Toronto. I can't believe he stoned both Vanek and Pomminville.

6. That drop pass on the power play was, well, interesting. It only really worked once, and I think they overused it, but it can be effective situationally. It's designed to take advantage of Roy's speed.

7. The first line on the PP was great. After that, meh. I think Lindy agreed with me because he kept the first line (Vanek, Connolly, Roy, Pommers) out there for a long ass time. On one PP they were out there for 1:45.

8. Kaleta makes this team better (LW just had an orgasm).

9. Gaustad isn't a top tier player but he contributes a lot to this team. He's one of the few guys that are tough, and he absolutely OWNED the Leafs on the face off. I think he's our best face off man.

10. It was hilarious to hear the TSN announcers TRASH the Leafs. The only guys they complimented were Pogge and Ron Wilson. They didn't lay off from the very beginning.

11. Butler wasn't spectacular but he certainly wasn't a liability either. He recovered nicely from his debacle in Calgary.

12. I'm not a big fan of Numminen or Lydman, but they both came to play tonight.

13. The diving call on Kaleta was BS but on the whole the Sabres benefited from the officiating tonight.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: OpIv37's Post Game Comments

A week from now:

1. Dammit, Miller sucks.

2. The defense can't stop a sign post.

3. Vanek couldn't hit the pond if he were standing in the middle of it.

4. Kaleta fights like a girl with her bra on her hands.

5. The beer was warm.

6. I didn't get the game in HD.

7. They pay these guys?

8. Lindy should be coaching in the ECHL.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      A week from now:

1. Dammit, Miller sucks.

2. The defense can't stop a sign post.

3. Vanek couldn't hit the pond if he were standing in the middle of it.

4. Kaleta fights like a girl with her bra on her hands.

5. The beer was warm.

6. I didn't get the game in HD.

7. They pay these guys?

8. Lindy should be coaching in the ECHL.

To be fair, I very rarely criticize Lindy and I prefer liquor to beer. The rest sounds a lot like me.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

They played well tonight, but to be fair...the Leafs really played like ****. I was at the game and they just didn't skate. The Sabres could do what they wanted...and at will.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
          They played well tonight, but to be fair...the Leafs really played like ****. I was at the game and they just didn't skate. The Sabres could do what they wanted...and at will.
          yeah that was a really embarrassing effort by Toronto. The goalie was the only one who came to play, and his teammates hung him out to dry.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• clumping platelets

That cross checking call on the Leafs when Gaustad fell down was kinda BS as well. Sabres benefitted huge from the refs tonight

Comment

• jamze132
              • Jun 2003

I wonder if we can continue to play like that the rest of the season. Survey says? eh, no.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                I wonder if we can continue to play like that the rest of the season. Survey says? eh, no.
                only if we get to play 30 games against the Leafs.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  1a. Connolly is amazing
                  1b. I hope the Sabres have some damn good doctors so they can analyze his health and durability to make the right decision about keeping him

2. Props to Vanek on the natural hat trick. I still wish he'd make his presence felt more in 5 on 5 though.

3. Stafford is red hot right now.

4. Miller had a great game, although the Leafs made it easy for him. He hasn't allowed a goal in over 126 minutes. That's incredible.

5. Pogge looks damn good for Toronto. I can't believe he stoned both Vanek and Pomminville.

6. That drop pass on the power play was, well, interesting. It only really worked once, and I think they overused it, but it can be effective situationally. It's designed to take advantage of Roy's speed.

7. The first line on the PP was great. After that, meh. I think Lindy agreed with me because he kept the first line (Vanek, Connolly, Roy, Pommers) out there for a long ass time. On one PP they were out there for 1:45.

8. Kaleta makes this team better (LW just had an orgasm).

9. Gaustad isn't a top tier player but he contributes a lot to this team. He's one of the few guys that are tough, and he absolutely OWNED the Leafs on the face off. I think he's our best face off man.

10. It was hilarious to hear the TSN announcers TRASH the Leafs. The only guys they complimented were Pogge and Ron Wilson. They didn't lay off from the very beginning.

11. Butler wasn't spectacular but he certainly wasn't a liability either. He recovered nicely from his debacle in Calgary.

12. I'm not a big fan of Numminen or Lydman, but they both came to play tonight.

13. The diving call on Kaleta was BS but on the whole the Sabres benefited from the officiating tonight.
                  Vanek has 15 5 on 5 goals.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    Vanek has 15 5 on 5 goals.
                    he's leading the league in PP goals. He's not even close on 5 on 5 goals. The only time he was effective in 5 on 5 last night was when he had the breakaway.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      he's leading the league in PP goals. He's not even close on 5 on 5 goals. The only time he was effective in 5 on 5 last night was when he had the breakaway.
                      He has 15 even strength goals is all I am saying.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                        • Jul 2002

and a boatload of assists...plus he opens up space for everyone else.
                        My Band
                        daveviterna.com

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          He has 15 even strength goals is all I am saying.
                          The other thing is that he's been in sort of a mini-slump. Before last night, I think the announcers said he only had 3 goals in 12 games (off hand I don't know how many were PP goals and how many were even strength).

But given that PP time is limited and a generally unreliable source for offense, being more effective in 5 on 5 is a good way to bust that slump.

Like it or not, our hand was forced on Vanek by Edmonton, and he is a good scorer. So he really needs to be an offensive leader and I'd like to see him come through in even strength situations a little more. That's all I'm saying.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

While he has been in a goal scoring slump, he was 5th in the NHL in assists for the month of January.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              While he has been in a goal scoring slump, he was 5th in the NHL in assists for the month of January.
                              Yep.

Vanek is great at all times.

Comment

Working...
                              X