PDA

View Full Version : How about this offseason

PECKERWOOD
02-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Free Agency
•Jabari Greer, CB, BUF (about 4-5 a year)
•Keith Ellison, OLB, BUF (cheap)
•Jason Peters, LT, BUF (about 8-9 a year)
•Terrell Suggs, DE/OLB, BAL (about 8-9 a year)
•Ashton Youboty, CB, BUF (cheap)

Trade
Terrence McGee, CB to Detroit for a 3rd round pick

Draft
•1: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
•2: Alex Mack, C, California
•3: Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri
•3b: Philip Hunt, DE, Houston
•4: Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State
•5: Alex Boone, OT/OG, OSU
•6: Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman
•7: Cornelius Ingram, TE/H-back, Florida

I would feel really good about this offseason if it were to happen. We could release Mitchell or keep him as a backup or rotational guy and have Curry, Posluszny and Suggs as our 3 starting LB's. That would be a very fantastic LB corps. We could put Philip Hunt in on 3rd downs to rush the QB and send a guy like Suggs as added pressure. Sammie Lee Hill is a big DE/DT prospect from a smaller school, he is supposedly an athletic freak who can play DE/DT and even TE. He is 325lbs and runs a sub 5.10 in the 40 yd dash and has great character and work ethic.

Mack is the best run blocking center in the entire draft and kind of reminds me of Nick Mangold from the NY Jets. Chase Coffman is probably the best recieving TE in the draft, he had 4 games with 10 receptions or more and he is a capable blocker. Rhett Bomar is extremely talented, as he was expected to start over Sam Bradford in Oklahoma but was released after found guilty of taking a bribe, he then transferred to Sam Houston State where he then quickly went on to make a name for himself throwing for 3,335 yards with 27 touchdowns and only 13 picks in '08. This is a guy who could potentially steal Trent's job if he goes down to injury. Alex Boone was viewed as a 3rd-4th round OT prospect before his recent run-in's with the law, he could be an absolute steal in the 5th round. Boone would be nice depth at OT and could push Butler for a job at RG. Cornelius Ingram was a threat in the spread offense at Florida but his stock has dropped after tearing his ACL and missing all of '08, he could potentially rise up draft boards to the 2nd round if he has a great combine.

Re-signing Jabari Greer for the next 4 years would give us a young, talented and very capable secondary for the next 5-10 years with McKelvin, Corner and Youboty serving as nice depth. Trading McGee for an early 3rd round pick would be a very wise decision, seeing as how McGee only has 1 year left on his deal and is about to turn 30. I could also see Kansas City or Cleveland being interested in trading for him as well.

So what are your thoughts on this offseason? What would you rate it as 1-10?

PECKERWOOD
02-04-2009, 11:02 PM
BTW, if we opted to keep Mitchell I would just let Ellison and Crowell walk. With Curry, Posluszny, Suggs and Mitchell in our LB corps we would have alot of size and versatility. Both Suggs and Mitchell are good at blitzing the QB and could be very nice to have in there on 3rd downs.

X-Era
02-05-2009, 06:18 AM
Free Agency
•Jabari Greer, CB, BUF (about 4-5 a year)
•Keith Ellison, OLB, BUF (cheap)
•Jason Peters, LT, BUF (about 8-9 a year)
•Terrell Suggs, DE/OLB, BAL (about 8-9 a year)
•Ashton Youboty, CB, BUF (cheap)

Trade
Terrence McGee, CB to Detroit for a 3rd round pick

Draft
•1: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
•2: Alex Mack, C, California
•3: Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri
•3b: Philip Hunt, DE, Houston
•4: Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State
•5: Alex Boone, OT/OG, OSU
•6: Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman
•7: Cornelius Ingram, TE/H-back, Florida

I would feel really good about this offseason if it were to happen. We could release Mitchell or keep him as a backup or rotational guy and have Curry, Posluszny and Suggs as our 3 starting LB's. That would be a very fantastic LB corps. We could put Philip Hunt in on 3rd downs to rush the QB and send a guy like Suggs as added pressure. Sammie Lee Hill is a big DE/DT prospect from a smaller school, he is supposedly an athletic freak who can play DE/DT and even TE. He is 325lbs and runs a sub 5.10 in the 40 yd dash and has great character and work ethic.

Mack is the best run blocking center in the entire draft and kind of reminds me of Nick Mangold from the NY Jets. Chase Coffman is probably the best recieving TE in the draft, he had 4 games with 10 receptions or more and he is a capable blocker. Rhett Bomar is extremely talented, as he was expected to start over Sam Bradford in Oklahoma but was released after found guilty of taking a bribe, he then transferred to Sam Houston State where he then quickly went on to make a name for himself throwing for 3,335 yards with 27 touchdowns and only 13 picks in '08. This is a guy who could potentially steal Trent's job if he goes down to injury. Alex Boone was viewed as a 3rd-4th round OT prospect before his recent run-in's with the law, he could be an absolute steal in the 5th round. Boone would be nice depth at OT and could push Butler for a job at RG. Cornelius Ingram was a threat in the spread offense at Florida but his stock has dropped after tearing his ACL and missing all of '08, he could potentially rise up draft boards to the 2nd round if he has a great combine.

Re-signing Jabari Greer for the next 4 years would give us a young, talented and very capable secondary for the next 5-10 years with McKelvin, Corner and Youboty serving as nice depth. Trading McGee for an early 3rd round pick would be a very wise decision, seeing as how McGee only has 1 year left on his deal and is about to turn 30. I could also see Kansas City or Cleveland being interested in trading for him as well.

So what are your thoughts on this offseason? What would you rate it as 1-10?

So, I love the FA and the draft. If we managed to get Suggs, I would be stoked. I dont think its likely or even 50/50.

I love re-signing Jason to what hes worth and ending that mess.

I love the 1st 3 picks you have.

However,

Curry just wont drop. I just cant see it.

Mack would be a great grab. But he got manhandled pretty good at the Senior Bowl. Im a bigger fan of Wood or Caldwell, and I think all of them have about the same grade at this point.

Chase Coffman isnt the best pass receiving TE. I think Beckum, Jared Cook, and probably even Nelson are better receivers. What he is, is a all around TE and a very good looking one at that. Hes not great at anything, but hes solid at both blocking and receiving IMO. He reminds me of Jason Witten and he could very well be the same player. But there is a significant difference between Winslow or Gates and Witten. Not saying any are better than the others, just that they are different. Id love it if we grabbed Coffman, but I just wouldnt call him the best receiving threat.

PECKERWOOD
02-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Curry, Posluszny, Suggs as our starting LB's and on passing downs put Suggs at DE and have Mitchell, Posluszny, Curry as our LB's! :drool:

Mitchell55
02-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Love everything but, I think Mitchell stays, if suggs comes it would be strickly for DE. So far ive been reading that Coffeman could go in the 1st so 3rd is very unlikely, lastly. No Fred Jackson? Might want to include it.

Overall, id give it a B but have us resign Jackson and get a different 3rd round TE to be more realistic. Like Beckum lol.

X-Era
02-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Curry, Posluszny, Suggs as our starting LB's and on passing downs put Suggs at DE and have Mitchell, Posluszny, Curry as our LB's! :drool:

BTW, I thought I read that Baltimore had agreed to not franchise Suggs this year, but for the life of me, I cant find that.

And Id be willing to bet he gets franchised again. I know they have alot to deal with contract wise, but Suggs is the MVP out of the group at this point with Lewis aging fast.

Raptor
02-06-2009, 06:56 AM
Love it, but there is zero chance of that happening

Raptor
02-06-2009, 06:57 AM

Suggs would be a DE here not a LB

Ed
02-06-2009, 11:02 AM
That looks awesome on paper, but I just can't see Suggs coming here. There just seems to be too many other defenses out there that would be a better fit for him. Plus, I don't see Curry falling either.

What might be a more realistic scenario would be to replace Suggs with Dansby or Crowell in free agency and then go DE in round 1. I think that would still be a good offseason.

PECKERWOOD
02-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Suggs would be a DE here not a LB

Or we could put him in at DE on passing plays and put him at LB on running downs.

Raptor
02-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Or we could put him in at DE on passing plays and put him at LB on running downs.

Why? He's really not that good in open space or at the POA thats why the Ravens rush him 90% of the time. The only reason he has the title of LB is sometimes he does it from a two point stance when the Ravens switch up into a 3-4

PECKERWOOD
02-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Why? He's really not that good in open space or at the POA thats why the Ravens rush him 90% of the time. The only reason he has the title of LB is sometimes he does it from a two point stance when the Ravens switch up into a 3-4

I wouldn't call him a liability, he typically gets a couple picks each year as well.. He can do it all and he is a beast in run support.

Mitchell55
02-06-2009, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't call him a liability, he typically gets a couple picks each year as well.. He can do it all and he is a beast in run support.

Id rather pick up him and either resign crow or sign Barton. Also, Mitchell isnt going anywhere. He was our 3rd best D-player behind Pos and Stroud.

PECKERWOOD
02-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Id rather pick up him and either resign crow or sign Barton. Also, Mitchell isnt going anywhere. He was our 3rd best D-player behind Pos and Stroud.

You're right, I just don't underestimate how freaking penny pinchin cheap our FO and Ralph can be at times..

I do think we have a shot at Suggs though, like a real shot at getting him if he tests the open market. He had a dispute with Baltimore when they franchised him to a LBer's contract, he felt he should have been paid like a DE (which is slightly more).. So here is the thing, if we pay Suggs top money as a DE to come play in the 4-3, he maybe enticed to come play here because the money will be way more than what he would get as a LB, anywhere.

Mitchell55
02-06-2009, 11:02 PM
You're right, I just don't underestimate how freaking penny pinchin cheap our FO and Ralph can be at times..

I do think we have a shot at Suggs though, like a real shot at getting him if he tests the open market. He had a dispute with Baltimore when they franchised him to a LBer's contract, he felt he should have been paid like a DE (which is slightly more).. So here is the thing, if we pay Suggs top money as a DE to come play in the 4-3, he maybe enticed to come play here because the money will be way more than what he would get as a LB, anywhere.

Hopefully Ralph has a adrenalin rush from being a HOFer and will want to make a splash. Im curious to see if he says at the podium, the bills are staying in buffalo.

ps- i misspelled about 3-4 words.

New Ro's Greatest
02-10-2009, 03:47 PM

That would be so scary! I just don't see the Bills doing it. If we get Suggs i don't see us drafting Curry even if he was available. Unless they put him at DE full time and put Curry at SLB. GO BILLS:canada: