PDA

View Full Version : Connolly is worth dangling

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Column as I see ’em:

• Tim Connolly has eight goals in eight games, easily the hottest streak of his NHL career. He’s scored on 20.4 percent of his shots, which would rank sixth in the league if he had played enough games. Connolly is finally healthy again and dazzling Sabres fans with his rare playmaking skills.

So if you ask me, this is the perfect time to trade him. I understand the fascination with Connolly. He’s the ultimate tease. But he has played in only 68 of 216 regular-season games since signing a three-year, $8.7 million contract before the 2006-07 season. He makes the Sabres better, but he also could be one jarring hit from retirement.

The trade deadline is March 4. The Sabres should be shopping Connolly, who will be an unrestricted free agent after the season. If the Sabres don’t sign him to an extension, he’ll probably walk away for nothing. I’ll spare you the names, but we’ve seen that scenario play out too often in recent years.

You trade players when their value is high, and his might never be higher. True, other teams will be wary of his injury history, but surely there are contenders who feel Connolly could be a valuable asset in the playoffs if he remains healthy.

The Sabres have played well of late and look like a playoff team. But they’re not a title contender. They’re a young team in transition. They need to move some veterans to get better down the road. They’ve invested a lot in Connolly and have little to show for it. It’s time for someone else to take on the risk.
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/story/571139.html

Umm Sullivan SHUT UP! go back to bashing the Bills and leave the :hockey: column to Bucky (****y) Gleason because he knows :hockey: and you know NOTHING! and also...

Jim Kelley already pointed out that Darcy will not trade Connolly because trading Timmy would tell the Sabres fans that he screwed up on the Peca deal by trading him to the Islanders for Connolly and Pyatt. Something that Darcy will never admit to.

SabreEleven
02-06-2009, 12:22 PM
I haven't even read this yet and I'm already laughing.

OpIv37
02-06-2009, 12:23 PM
So, Timmy is blackmailing Darcy with information that you just publicly posted on a message board? Sorry, I don't buy it.

The Sabres have 3 equally ****ty options for Connolly:
1. Sign him long term, which is risky due to his injury history.
2. Trade him to some team looking for a rent-a-player to make a playoff push, which is risky because he's damn good when he's healthy.
3. Let him walk for nothing.

I just hope that if they do trade him, it's to a WC team. Trading him to an EC team could come back to bite us in the ass.

JD
02-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Timmy will become another Patty Lala story.. as ****ty as it is to say it. But hey at least he can have as much free time as he wants to party on chippewa and bang 17 year olds :up:

SabreEleven
02-06-2009, 05:15 PM
If LW tells you that you know nothing about hockey, is that a compliment?

Nighthawk
02-06-2009, 05:17 PM
If LW tells you that you know nothing about hockey, is that a compliment?

No, that means you're smart ass hell!