PDA

View Full Version : Can I just be the first to say...

BillsWin
02-07-2009, 01:45 PM
The Bills will make the playoffs this season?

I really can't keep up with being a pessimist. I need a break from all this anger towards the ineptitude of the current organization. I feel like they have made several pretty solid movements this off season and it isn't even free agency yet.

What with the talks of a Jackson extension, the Nix hiring, and the Sanders hiring. Those are some good moves.

I don't know. maybe as a die-hard Bills fan I'm fishing for positives in a sea of disappointment.

yordad
02-07-2009, 01:51 PM
What with the talks of a Jackson extension...... Those are some good moves.
You are definately an optimist. You just called the act of "talks" a good move.

Mitchell55
02-07-2009, 02:03 PM
QB- Trent, young was great 1st part of season. Off to better start then most young QBs.
RB- Probowler and top 1-2 punch
WR- All star WR, sure handed 2nd stringer, 6-6 young WR, probably the fastest WR in the nfl, and so far a steal in the 7th
TE- Hopefully a top 3 round TE and we also have Fine who looked very good last year.
OL- Probowler at LT, Guard thats comming into his own, a vet G and RT who look great most of the time and now a center hopefully with 2 HOFers in FA and one of the best center drafts ever.
DL- Allstar DT, probowl DE, up and comming DT, and hopefully a top DE in 1st-2nd
LB- D-MVP for the team, LB who had 4 sacks last year, and Crow, Dansby, Lewis, Suggs, Barton, Scott, Curry, Sitim, Rey M, or Laurenitis.
CB- CB who has shut down alot of great WRs (Moss, Chad), another who couldve been in the D-ROY if we played him more, and another who is our best pure CB if we resign him.
S- 2 sure tackling safties, 1 shut down Gates.

trapezeus
02-07-2009, 06:25 PM
let's see. they went out and got guys to help with scouting. before we say they are playoff bound, lets see if these guys are better scouts and get us some free agents and draft picks that peak our interests. if they don't, then it's the same old circle jerk.

DynaPaul
02-07-2009, 06:29 PM
You crazy!

BAM
02-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Wow and I thought I was an optimist. :hail:

PECKERWOOD
02-07-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm going to say that we won't make the playoffs unless we have a killer offseason.

For the playoffs:
•Trent has had another year to develop.
•The OL has had another year to jell.
•JP Losman is no longer in Buffalo.
•Schobel will be back.

Against the playoffs:
•Oh I don't know, maybe the simple fact that we haven't made the playoffs in 10 years?
•Trent is always injured, no reliable QB.
•Lack of explosive targets on offense.. Lynch, Jackson and Evans, that's it.
•We can't consistently get a pass rush, even if Schobel's healthy.
•Uncertainty at the SLB positon.. Crowell is as good as gone.
•Ko Simpson was a huge disappointment at FS, lack of consistency.
•Dick Jauron has been a career loser as both a player and as a coach.

realdealryan
02-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Who is really a fan and doesn't AT LEAST have this thought hiding somewhere in their subconcious? I know that if we start 4-0 again I will be non-stop talking about the Bills and in early February I am very excited about heading to the Ralph (hopefully with my Colts fan friends in tow so they can experience an actual tailgate).

Bills in the playoffs sounds nice, as always, and I'll have to remember this thread next December. Who am I kidding? I won't remember that I was even on BZ tomorrow morning. :whiskey:

mybills
02-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Anything can happen in the NFL!

Jan Reimers
02-08-2009, 08:03 AM
I used to be one of the biggest optimists on this board. But the moves, and non-moves, by Ralph and his FO have cured me. I have come to expect very little, and thus I am not disappointed.

I love the Bills, and hope to see us get better, but I have no reason to think we will.

mayotm
02-08-2009, 08:20 AM
I'm always optimistic heading into each season. The day I'm not, I'll stop being a fan.

Jan Reimers
02-08-2009, 08:39 AM
I'm always optimistic heading into each season. The day I'm not, I'll stop being a fan.
Despite my jaded attitude right now, I'll be optimistic after we sign some free agents and draft some good young players. I'll dare to believe these guys are the answer, and that we are ready to challenge for the playoffs.

Typ0
02-08-2009, 08:47 AM
we've been playing the field mediocrity and hope you get lucky attitude since MCM. I suppose this is the year we could get lucky. We're certainly much better off than we were with Losserman for a few years. At least I think so at least but TE has got to stay healthy and we need to replace Losserman with Jeff Garcia.

mybills
02-08-2009, 10:57 AM
I hope we get a great QB.

Bert102176
02-08-2009, 11:18 AM
let's see. they went out and got guys to help with scouting. before we say they are playoff bound, lets see if these guys are better scouts and get us some free agents and draft picks that peak our interests. if they don't, then it's the same old circle jerk.

and Ralph W. as the pivot-man

lukabrossi
02-09-2009, 06:12 AM
they'll make the playoffs?........****, did i wake-up in bizarro world?