PDA

View Full Version : Here's The Answer About Connolly

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-08-2009, 01:07 PM
OTTAWA - The Buffalo Sabres' plan had been to deal with their unrestricted free agents after the season but General Manager Darcy Regier said here Saturday the team is interested in starting talks right now on a new deal with red-hot center Tim Connolly.

Connolly, who has spent the bulk of his three-year, $8.7 million contract on the injured list, has been Buffalo's best forward for the past three weeks after returning from a broken rib. He entered Saturday with 19 points in 19 games this season.

"He is a special case," Regier said between periods at Scotiabank Place. "He's someone we're going to look at before the [trade] deadline, not from a trade standpoint but from the standpoint of seeing if there's a possibility we can do something going forward."
http://www.buffalonews.com/489/story/572857.html

I believe Tallinder and Afinogenov (even though it will be for a 3rd round draft choice) will be moved at deadline. Weber, Butler making that a real possibility. Tallinder is a $2.5-million cap hit and Afinogenov is a 3.5-million cap hit. Then the Sabres will turn around and use the money to sign Connolly to a new contract extension.

SabreEleven
02-08-2009, 01:14 PM
They are not going to pay Connolly 6 million a year.

OpIv37
02-08-2009, 01:26 PM
NO ONE will give up anything for Max. If they want him, they'll just wait till he walks and sign him fairly cheap.

We could probably get something decent for Tallinder and while I like him, he's struggled this year and the team hasn't missed him too much during his injury.

chernobylwraiths
02-08-2009, 06:13 PM
NO ONE will give up anything for Max. If they want him, they'll just wait till he walks and sign him fairly cheap.

We could probably get something decent for Tallinder and while I like him, he's struggled this year and the team hasn't missed him too much during his injury.

you never know the desperation of a team that thinks they're on the "verge". That's why the deadline is a great thing in the NHL. Some teams will mortgage the crap out of their future to try to win now. Look at what Pittsburgh gave up to try to win it all last year for Hossa.

OpIv37
02-08-2009, 06:35 PM
you never know the desperation of a team that thinks they're on the "verge". That's why the deadline is a great thing in the NHL. Some teams will mortgage the crap out of their future to try to win now. Look at what Pittsburgh gave up to try to win it all last year for Hossa.

win now? I know what both those words mean but I've never seen them used together before. Apparently teams can try to win now rather than rebuilding for 3 years, having one above average season, having one terrible season, then starting over? I never knew.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-09-2009, 06:49 AM
You are not going to actually believe something coming out of Regier's mouth are you?

JD
02-09-2009, 01:12 PM
There is no chance Max gets traded. Nobody will take him. They'll just wait until hes a UFA.

Hecht and Kotalik need to GTFO of Buffalo. I'd chance it and offer Connolly a long-term contract, he is worth the risk. We need a back up goalie. Imagine if Miller went down, we would be ****ED. Hecht/Kotalik for Pronger :up:

jamze132
02-09-2009, 01:13 PM
They are not going to pay Connolly 6 million a year.
We won't have to. Just a hunch...

Mski
02-10-2009, 07:33 PM
There is no chance Max gets traded. Nobody will take him. They'll just wait until hes a UFA.

Hecht and Kotalik need to GTFO of Buffalo. I'd chance it and offer Connolly a long-term contract, he is worth the risk. We need a back up goalie. Imagine if Miller went down, we would be ****ED. Hecht/Kotalik for Pronger :up:

i would rather have bouwmeister... just as good, if not better offensively, and much younger