PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn looks WAY better than Ronnie Brown!

X-Era
02-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Today at the pro-bowl.

Marshawn has abig run for 10+ yards, Brown keeps going down on one hit.

They give it to Marshawn on a critical short yardage play and he gets it. The next play, Ronnie blows a HB toss.

Marshawn has over 1000 every year since hes been in the league, Ronnie only 1 in 4 years.

Marshawn is the better back!

Mitchell55
02-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Id say hes better than every RB on AFC or NFC.

mayotm
02-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Id say hes better than every RB on AFC or NFC.Marshawn is very good. However, he's not better than AP to name one player in today's game.

X-Era
02-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Marshawn is very good. However, he's not better than AP to name one player in today's game.

Ill take that!

X-Era
02-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Another Ronnie Brown dropped pass... Marshawn is the better back!

Mike13
02-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Another Ronnie Brown dropped pass... Marshawn is the better back!
he only dropped one pass, Ronnie has always been a good reciever.

Marshawn is probably faster but Ronnie is a better overall Running Back.

Id say hes better than every RB on AFC or NFC.
Peterson is the best back in the NFL.

Dujek
02-08-2009, 05:13 PM
As much as I love Marshawn, you can't really take the TWO plays he's had and use them to state he's categorically better than Brown.

They're two excellent backs, and time will tell who's the better, at the minute, Lynch is the best option for Buffalo and Brown is the best option for Miami, that's all we can really say.

Mitchell55
02-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Brown didnt even reach 1000 yds. 200 of those yards came on the wildcat and so did more than half his TDs. Hes not strong, fast, or good in any way better than lynch.

OpIv37
02-08-2009, 05:23 PM
As much as I love Marshawn, you can't really take the TWO plays he's had and use them to state he's categorically better than Brown.

They're two excellent backs, and time will tell who's the better, at the minute, Lynch is the best option for Buffalo and Brown is the best option for Miami, that's all we can really say.

In addition, it's the friggin Pro Bowl. The linemen aren't blocking as hard, the defense isn't hitting as hard, Brown himself may be intentionally going down more easily to avoid a second hit. No one wants to get hurt in this game, so it really can't be used as a basis for comparison.

TacklingDummy
02-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Marshawn is very good. However, he's not better than AP to name one player in today's game.

He's also not better than Fred Jackson.

Mitchell55
02-08-2009, 05:46 PM
He's also 10X better than Fred Jackson.

Changed it for you so you dont sound like a dumb ass.

X-Era
02-08-2009, 05:57 PM
he only dropped one pass, Ronnie has always been a good reciever.

Marshawn is probably faster but Ronnie is a better overall Running Back.

Peterson is the best back in the NFL.
WRONG!

Theres zero reason to say this... more accurately, theres zero data to support that arguement.

HAMMER
02-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Changed it for you so you dont sound like a dumb ass.

There's some irony.

LtFinFan66
02-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Today at the pro-bowl.

They give it to Marshawn on a critical short yardage play and he gets it. The next play, Ronnie blows a HB toss.

Marshawn has over 1000 every year since hes been in the league, Ronnie only 1 in 4 years.

1) it's the pro bowl
2) Brown tore his ACL last season or did you forget
3) 6-37 or 6-48....I will take either of those stats anytime
4) see 1 and 2 again

X-Era
02-08-2009, 06:36 PM
1) it's the pro bowl
2) Brown tore his ACL last season or did you forget
3) 6-37 or 6-48....I will take either of those stats anytime
4) see 1 and 2 again

Lynch is the better player on paper and on the field today.

I understand that Ronnie is your man and I understand why... I also respect it. But Lynch is just better.

Oaf
02-08-2009, 06:37 PM
They stopped giving it to Lynch and look what happened.

LtFinFan66
02-08-2009, 06:38 PM
they are similiar in talent. But to say Lynch is flat out a better back is stupid.

Ronnie has a career 4.4 ypc and Lynch a 4.1

Lynch doesn't share carries with Ricky

Lynch didn't tear his ACL half way through last season. He was lucky to play this season let alone play at a high level

I am not knocking Lynch. He is and will be a good back for many years

Mike13
02-08-2009, 06:41 PM
WRONG!

Theres zero reason to say this... more accurately, theres zero data to support that arguement.

Based on what I've seen on his career he has excellent hands and he is an excellent blocker. I've heard you guys repeatedly say that Lynch isnt a good pass catcher, I cant attest to his blocking skills.

Ronnie is an excellent all-around back, granted he has his flaws as does Marshawn, both are studs cant we just agree on that?

Lynch is the better player on paper and on the field today.

an 8 yard Rushing difference isnt much of a difference.

LtFinFan66
02-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Brown didnt even reach 1000 yds. 200 of those yards came on the wildcat and so did more than half his TDs. Hes not strong, fast, or good in any way better than lynch.Watch Ronnie run once in a while. To say he is not strong or fast is crazy. And he was only 10 months from a torn ACL when the season started. I am happy with what he did this year. To know him for not having 1,000 yards is simply being a misinformed person

Mike13
02-08-2009, 06:43 PM
they are similiar in talent. But to say Lynch is flat out a better back is stupid.

Ronnie has a career 4.4 ypc and Lynch a 4.1

Lynch doesn't share carries with Ricky

Lynch didn't tear his ACL half way through last season. He was lucky to play this season let alone play at a high level

I am not knocking Lynch. He is and will be a good back for many years

Lynch also got the bulk of the carries, Ronnie wasnt given the ball much.

Ronnie also had to run behind to backup guards for most of the year and a Center with a torn labrum.

X-Era
02-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Based on what I've seen on his career he has excellent hands and he is an excellent blocker. I've heard you guys repeatedly say that Lynch isnt a good pass catcher, I cant attest to his blocking skills.

Ronnie is an excellent all-around back, granted he has his flaws as does Marshawn, both are studs cant we just agree on that?

an 8 yard Rushing difference isnt much of a difference.

i think the number of attempts would be significantly in Ronnies favor which means his average per is less.

Look, they both are very good backs in the NFL.

I see Brown and more of what we wished McGahee was... a shifty runner who beats you with moves. But he still goes down easier than Lynch who beats you with tough running.

Lynch is a poor receiver by any means, but he will drop passes.

Hes a decent blocker for a RB, not great, decent.

Mitchell55
02-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Ronnie Brown shared carries with Ricky and still had around the same amount of carries as lynch and didnt make it to 100. Lynch played in 15 games, ronnie in 16. Lynch 69 ypg, brown 57. Ronnie, 10 TDs, 6 came in wildcat, Lynch 8 TDs all regular runs, Lynch, 47 catches and 1 TD 300 yds, Brown 33 catches 254 yds no tds

Mike13
02-08-2009, 07:11 PM
But he still goes down easier than Lynch who beats you with tough running.

You need to watch more of Ronnie if you think he goes down easily.

Mitchell55
02-08-2009, 07:55 PM
You need to watch more of Ronnie if you think he goes down easily.

Well ive watched around 4 games of him. Todays, both buffalo games, and the playoff game and each one shows me that he goes down easier than Drew Bledsoe

tat2dmike77
02-08-2009, 08:46 PM
It's the pro bowl calm down

LtFinFan66
02-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Ronnie Brown shared carries with Ricky and still had around the same amount of carries as lynch and didnt make it to 100. Lynch played in 15 games, ronnie in 16. Lynch 69 ypg, brown 57. Ronnie, 10 TDs, 6 came in wildcat, Lynch 8 TDs all regular runs, Lynch, 47 catches and 1 TD 300 yds, Brown 33 catches 254 yds no tdsLynch had 36 more carries. Times that by the 4.3 average Ronnie had....guess what.

and trying to act like the Wildcat running plays count any less is really stupid IMO. "regular runs" :rofl:

billogic99
02-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Today at the pro-bowl.

Before he went out for the season with a major knee injury in 07 Ronnie was leading the league in total yards and this year comnes back from that injury and makes the pro bowl. I think that's pretty damn impressive. I dont think one person on the planet doubts Marshawn is one helluva back, but I think AP is the best back on the field. Besides this is the pro bowl, no one is really trying to do anything play after play. I wouldn't get all worked up over 6 or 7 touches in a pro bowl.

LtFinFan66
02-08-2009, 11:27 PM
well said

jamze132
02-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Ronnie Brown shared carries with Ricky and still had around the same amount of carries as lynch and didnt make it to 100. Lynch played in 15 games, ronnie in 16. Lynch 69 ypg, brown 57. Ronnie, 10 TDs, 6 came in wildcat, Lynch 8 TDs all regular runs, Lynch, 47 catches and 1 TD 300 yds, Brown 33 catches 254 yds no tds
Why do you feel the need to seperate wildcat plays from "regular" runs, as you put? Are you ****ing kidding me? A run is a run, guy. Your argument is sucking ass.

I still think Lynch is better but so do 90% of Bills fans. 90% of Fishfans think that Ronnie Brown is better. 90% of Steeler fans think Willie Parker is better. 90% of Patriot Fans think that Maroney is better. WTF? Do you not see it?

X-Era
02-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Before he went out for the season with a major knee injury in 07 Ronnie was leading the league in total yards and this year comnes back from that injury and makes the pro bowl. I think that's pretty damn impressive. I dont think one person on the planet doubts Marshawn is one helluva back, but I think AP is the best back on the field. Besides this is the pro bowl, no one is really trying to do anything play after play. I wouldn't get all worked up over 6 or 7 touches in a pro bowl.

You wont catch me getting worked up over this type of stuff at all.

AP is the best back on the field... I already agreed.

LtFinFan66
02-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Well ive watched around 4 games of him. Todays, both buffalo games, and the playoff game and each one shows me that he goes down easier than Drew Bledsoewell I watched every game he has played in a Fin uniform and you are wrong.

yordad
02-09-2009, 08:47 AM
OK, he doesn't go down as easy as Bledsoe, but Lynch runs as tough or tougher then ANYONE.

Brown is good, but IMO, Lynch is GOODER.

Jan Reimers
02-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Lynch doesn't know any other way to play but all out, Beast Mode, even in a meaningless game. Many of the other Pro Bowlers treat the game as an exhibition, which it is.

TigerJ
02-09-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm not going to worry about comparisons. I do recall some people (not necessarily here) saying he had no business being in the Pro Bowl. It certainly looked to me like he belonged, and suggests to me that the fact he hasn't had more success in Buffalo than he has might be due more to the blocking and offensive scheming than to Lynch himself.

ddaryl
02-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Lynch >>>> Brown

I would much rather have Lynch on our team then Brown...

Static
02-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Well ive watched around 4 games of him. Todays, both buffalo games, and the playoff game and each one shows me that he goes down easier than Drew Bledsoe

Your Homerism is showing. I find them to be quite similar.

DraftBoy
02-09-2009, 10:46 AM
This is one of the most mind numbing threads Ive read in a while. Basing a comparison on an exhibition game, dear lord can the draft not get here already?

BleedinGreenNC
02-10-2009, 06:29 AM
Today at the pro-bowl.

It's the pro bowl, popularity contest, nothing more. WIth a better O-Line Marshawn would definitely be the better back, until then.

Static
02-10-2009, 07:40 AM
It's the pro bowl, popularity contest, nothing more. WIth a better O-Line Marshawn would definitely be the better back, until then.

A better O-line would make any running back better :meh:

LtFinFan66
02-10-2009, 07:54 AM
It's the pro bowl, popularity contest, nothing more. WIth a better O-Line Marshawn would definitely be the better back, until then.yeah because the Fins O-line is so great:rolleyes:

yordad
02-10-2009, 08:32 AM
yeah because the Fins O-line is so great:rolleyes:Do you not think the wildcat improves his yards per carry? Clearly it wasn't implemented to throw bombs.

LtFinFan66
02-10-2009, 09:29 AM
What does that have to do with the O-line?

yordad
02-10-2009, 11:21 AM
What does that have to do with the O-line?Well, if we did direct snaps to Lynch, I think he would have a higher YPC with comparable run blocking.

LtFinFan66
02-10-2009, 05:41 PM
yeah but the Wildcat was never used prior to this year and RB had a higher ypc average in prior years so I guess the answer would be no