• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

IF you found out that.....

The Bills signed Julius Peppers and then released Aaron Schobel to keep their cap in good shape, How would you feel?

Id be stoked!

• Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Re: IF you found out that.....

I wouldnt be surprised. I think that we should switch to the 3-4 though.

Digi, Pos, Mitchell, Crow as LBs
    Peppers, Stroud, Phillip Hunt?

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mitchell59
      I wouldnt be surprised. I think that we should switch to the 3-4 though.
      I don't disagree, but we don't have the personnel for a 3-4 and we're not going to get it in one off-season. In addition, Jauron and Fewell are married to their systems and will not change.

And if I read somewhere that the Bills signed Peppers and released Schobel, the first thing I'd do is check the website to make sure I'm not reading The Onion and the second thing I'd do is contact the website and tell them to fire their fact-checker.

This will NEVER happen. NEVER.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• T-Long
        Circling the Wagons since 1982.
        • Sep 2003

never going to happen...I can't even try to imagine it

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
          I don't disagree, but we don't have the personnel for a 3-4 and we're not going to get it in one off-season. In addition, Jauron and Fewell are married to their systems and will not change.

And if I read somewhere that the Bills signed Peppers and released Schobel, the first thing I'd do is check the website to make sure I'm not reading The Onion and the second thing I'd do is contact the website and tell them to fire their fact-checker.

This will NEVER happen. NEVER.
          That wasnt the premise.

The thought was **** canning someone who has been a Bill for a while now, and bringing in a new player based on potential.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
            That wasnt the premise.

The thought was **** canning someone who has been a Bill for a while now, and bringing in a new player based on potential.
            well I think Peppers has more than potential. I think he's a proven commodity at this point. The only risk would be injury and that's true of any player.

I'd love to see this team cut some of the dead weight and bring in better players, but I don't think we're going to see too much of it this off-season. Probably just a C and a journeyman DE.

This team simply doesn't shell out money for big-name players, and for some reason they're enamored with Schobel anyway, so Schobel isn't going anywhere even if they do make a big move.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
              well I think Peppers has more than potential. I think he's a proven commodity at this point. The only risk would be injury and that's true of any player.

I'd love to see this team cut some of the dead weight and bring in better players, but I don't think we're going to see too much of it this off-season. Probably just a C and a journeyman DE.

This team simply doesn't shell out money for big-name players, and for some reason they're enamored with Schobel anyway, so Schobel isn't going anywhere even if they do make a big move.
              Dont disagree that it wont happen.

But why shouldnt the Bills look at it as spending maybe 4 mill more and upgrading the position.

I dont know his numbers, but lets say Schobel makes 5 mill, and we get it all back if hes cut or traded, and then we pay Pepp 9 mill. Thats a net spend of 4 mill to us that makes us way better IMO.

Hell if we trade Schobel to the highest bidder, we may even land a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Julius Peppers will never sign with the Bills....Peppers is a very very private person and hates being in the spotlight. One reason why he wants out of Carolina is because it is not a big enough city to just blend in. He hates being noticed and in the spotlight. He wants to go to a big city and most likely a 3-4 defense. Buffalo offers neither.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                  • Aug 2007

I would poop in pants!

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by don137
                    Julius Peppers will never sign with the Bills....Peppers is a very very private person and hates being in the spotlight. One reason why he wants out of Carolina is because it is not a big enough city to just blend in. He hates being noticed and in the spotlight. He wants to go to a big city and most likely a 3-4 defense. Buffalo offers neither.
                    the dude's a 6'7" pro athlete. He's going to stand out anywhere he goes.

I can see his point- he'd probably get less attention in a place like NYC or Miami because their worlds don't revolve around sports, but he's still going to get attention.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Dont disagree that it wont happen.

But why shouldnt the Bills look at it as spending maybe 4 mill more and upgrading the position.

I dont know his numbers, but lets say Schobel makes 5 mill, and we get it all back if hes cut or traded, and then we pay Pepp 9 mill. Thats a net spend of 4 mill to us that makes us way better IMO.

Hell if we trade Schobel to the highest bidder, we may even land a 3rd or 4th rounder.
                      The Bills should be looking to upgrade almost every position. I'd love to see them take a chance on someone like Peppers.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

He already said he wants to play in a 3-4 system, so the idea is a little far fetched. But if I saw that it happened I would want to know the length and salary implications. Peppers is one of those guys who goes through ups and downs. And unlike many on here I dont think one good DE will suddenly cure our DE. So Id be happy but wait for what's next. One move is only that, it means nothing long term if more isn't done along with it.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• realdealryan
                          realdealrex
                          • Nov 2005

...I would worry about who we would get to play either DE position. Pick up Peppers and put him at OLB, with our system, you immediately create two holes on the starting defense. Not to mention depth, which is also lacking at DE. Great playmaker, but not worth the other issues that a move like that would raise. At least with the current regime.... :eyeroll:

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                            Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                            • Dec 2005

That wasnt the premise.

Well we didn't can a coach who can't win more then seven games. So why can a guy who can't stay healthy for more then 3 weeks?

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

The Bills signed Julius Peppers and then released Aaron Schobel to keep their cap in good shape, How would you feel?

Id be stoked!
                              Did Mitchel59 ask you to post this for him?

Comment

Working...
                              X