• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Ill say it again, Id rather have Edwards than

Jay Cutler.

Im also glad were not in the Jets shoes right now.

Ill take my chances with Trent next year.

• Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Re: Ill say it again, Id rather have Edwards than

Trent is good, Cutler sucked today. But Cutler is still better than trent 99.9% of the time.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Ill take Cutler, but neither blow me away in the potential department.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
        • Mar 2004

Cutler will be better when its all said and done

Comment

• streetkings01
          • Jul 2006

I'd like to see Cutler this season minus Shannahan.
          You can call me streetkings

Comment

• EricStratton
            • Jul 2002

I think Cutler is as good as he's going to be. He strikes be as a Q who get's by on ability and not brains and his ability will never get better then it is now.

Comment

• DANMAN
              • Sep 2003

I am not completely sold on Cutler.

I don't like his occasionally brat like attitude, his leadership has not impressed me yet and I worry about how his diabetes will effect him thru his career.

We will see how he does without Shanahan this year.

He has been in the league 1 year longer then Trent and he is farther along in his development accordingly.

His going to the Pro bowl does not overly impress me, his team faded at the end of the year and his Pro Bowl worthy (?) performances did not change that.

We beat them in Denver as you may recall.

I am not completely sold on Trent either, but am cautiously optomistic.

I worry about Trent's durability, but not his attitude or his leadership. In those 2 areas I like Trent over Jay.

Trent can develop, hopefully, into a very good QB and I think (hope) he will.
              I believe he has the smarts and raw talent to do it, if he can stay healthy and our coaching staff does not ruin him.

The team follows and has faith in Trent.
              He is the leader of this young team and as his leadership skills and on the feild experience grow so will the teams success.
              At least we hope so. JP never really had that and I am not sure if Cutler does either.

Trent lead his team to a win against Cutler and the Broncos in Denver.
              Straight up Trent is 1-0 against Jay, and that was with Jay having a much better Coach, home field advantage, a top ranked offense, and a playoff spot on the line for Denver (Buffalo had already been eliminated from the playoffs).

Right now I would not trade Trent for Jay even if I could.

But this year will be big towards seeing how both of them will ultimately turn out. Will Jay fade without Shanahan, can Trent improve with Jauron?

We will see.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

last thing i would worry about is his diabetes. the medical breakthroughs on type 1 diabetes over the last 10-15 years is huge. and as a top prized athlete, he's getting the best nutrition and medical care. he'll be fine.

Comment

• DANMAN
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  last thing i would worry about is his diabetes. the medical breakthroughs on type 1 diabetes over the last 10-15 years is huge. and as a top prized athlete, he's getting the best nutrition and medical care. he'll be fine.

His diabetes is the last thing about him I worry about.

That is why I listed it last in the the list of things I worry about in Jay Cutler.

All you say about Diabetes medical advances are true, but it is still a serious condition that has no cure.
                  It can affect, slow down, the bodies ability to heal from injury.

I am sure he will get good medical care, but I wonder to what degree it may potentially affect his career. I hope he will be fine.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                    Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                    • Dec 2005

Edwards isn't all that either.

Go look at his numbers the last two seasons and they will tell you a story of a mediocre QB who for some reason is getting a pass from the fans for the way he collapses after NOV 1. 11 TD's to 10 INT's doesn't cut it nor does his 18 TD to 18 INT for his career. Go look at his game logs he looks good against teams that suck and in sept and oct and he flat out sucks in nov and dec and against team who don't pick in the top 10 of the draft.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

I miss Jim Kelly.

Comment

• lukabrossi
                        Senior Zoner
                        • Dec 2008

Edwards will never be anything more than a second-stringer.......but in Buffalo, he's the q.b. of the future?.....all is not right with the world, my friends.
                        And Cutler fell out of favour with me, with his "he's a better fundamental q.b. than John Elway".......what a pompous ass.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DANMAN
                          ... and I worry about how his diabetes will effect him thru his career.

absolutly nothing to worry about here. He just has to be aware of his diet before games and keep an eye on his sugar levels.. Diabetes can be n easily managed, especially with a professional athlete who is doing the one thing that helps diabetics the most... exercise

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by tat2dmike77

Go look at his numbers the last two seasons and they will tell you a story of a mediocre QB who for some reason is getting a pass from the fans for the way he collapses after NOV 1. 11 TD's to 10 INT's doesn't cut it nor does his 18 TD to 18 INT for his career. Go look at his game logs he looks good against teams that suck and in sept and oct and he flat out sucks in nov and dec and against team who don't pick in the top 10 of the draft.
                            you tell me the names of the following QB's. the following numbers are all QB's in their 2nd year as a starter stats

....GCMPATTPCTYDSAVGTDLNGINTRAT

1.) 1633153362.141357.826801590.7

2.) 1629455752.837626.824781775.9

3.) 1632052660.832846.217521676.9

4.) 1627746060.231526.921491582.4

5.) 1424537465.526997.211651085.4

all compare well... and all say to me that Trent can do very well as an NFL QB if we improve the talent around him a little more

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

I watched a lot of Cutler over the season on Sunday Ticket (he was my fantasy QB on several teams).
                              He's got a golden arm, both power and accuracy. "Laser, rocket arm," as Manning put it in one of his commercials.
                              He's a scrambler and good at improvising on his feet.
                              He's a good leader. He's got a refreshing, politically incorrect attitude. He's brash.
                              Unfortunately, with that comes a recklessness on the field. He forces throws and tries too hard to make things happen. He can be quite the bonehead at times -- as were Kelly and Favre.
                              Cutler is what JP could be if JP were smarter and a better leader.
                              But right now, his positives outweigh his negatives. On a team that had no defense and which lost its first FIVE running backs, he had to carry the team on its back, and it lived or died with a QB who's still growing.
                              I believe Cutler can improve on his decisions, and that would make him a perennial Pro Bowler, a true star. He's got a current star and a future star at WR. He's gotten better every year.
                              I'd take him over Edwards, although each can be good in his own style.

And as far as coaching, his new coach has run the Pats' offense for the past four years, so if anything the change could help him.
                              Last edited by Philagape; 02-09-2009, 10:43 AM.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X