This just kills me......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tat2dmike77
    Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
    • Dec 2005

This just kills me......

The Bills have sold out 42 of their past 47 home games and 59 of 71 since 2000. That's impressive considering the team did not reach the playoffs during that span.
    Yet our owner who somehow cried his way into the HOF claims how broke he is all the time and it is so hard for him to keep up with cost. Yet there it is 42 home games sold out. Between being ass raped for parking ($25) and buying a beer ($7) or a soda ($5) how can he sit there with a straight freaking face and say oh i'm so poor feel sorry for me.

Seeing that fans come out and buy tixs is nice but it's frustrating when you hire coaches like jauron because it's obvious he wants to keep as much money for his fam as he can. We must ensure that future generations of wilsons do not have to work. Again how did this guy get into the HOF? I know what he did in the 60's was important but what has happened since then?

*Thanks shelby for the quote*

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: This just kills me......

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
    Yet our owner who somehow cried his way into the HOF claims how broke he is all the time and it is so hard for him to keep up with cost. Yet there it is 42 home games sold out. Between being ass raped for parking ($25) and buying a beer ($7) or a soda ($5) how can he sit there with a straight freaking face and say oh i'm so poor feel sorry for me.

Seeing that fans come out and buy tixs is nice but it's frustrating when you hire coaches like jauron because it's obvious he wants to keep as much money for his fam as he can. We must ensure that future generations of wilsons do not have to work. Again how did this guy get into the HOF? I know what he did in the 60's was important but what has happened since then?

Not defending RW but have you been to NY, Tampa or Chicago for a game recently? Those prices are cheap compared to other cities. In 2004 we paid $9 for a Heiniken at Yankee Stadium...in 1997 I paid $6 for a beer at a TB/Sabres game in St. Pete. In 2003 I paid $5 for a pop at Wrigley. In 1986, it cost $12 to park at Foxboro (friends of a friend went to a game there). The Ralph is cheap compared to other stadiums.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

I dont know why he didnt raise the ticket costs at all.

$10.00 x 72,000 = 720,000 x 8 = $5,760,000

Thats enough to pay the extra for a player like Suggs or Peppers

If Crow costs 4-5 mill per, another 3-4 takes you to Pepp (in cap hit)

Comment

• lukabrossi
        Senior Zoner
        • Dec 2008

Just keep shelling out yer hard-earned dollars for Ralphie.....if yer stupid enough to line Ralphs pockets, then yer stupid enough to pay 25 for parking and 7 dollars a beer.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by lukabrossi
          Just keep shelling out yer hard-earned dollars for Ralphie.....if yer stupid enough to line Ralphs pockets, then yer stupid enough to pay 25 for parking and 7 dollars a beer.
          Some of us enjoy Bills' football despite our ownership, and realize that tickets are comparatively cheap, and parking, concessions and merchandise are on a par with other stadiums.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• lukabrossi
            Senior Zoner
            • Dec 2008

i agree completely and the pricing is absolutely comparable.....but the attitude of Ralph towards the fans is mind-numbing.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by lukabrossi
              i agree completely and the pricing is absolutely comparable.....but the attitude of Ralph towards the fans is mind-numbing.
              I agree, and I'm not happy with Ralph, either. But I love the atmosphere at Bills' games and like going so much that I just put Ralph out of my mind and enjoy the experience.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                I agree, and I'm not happy with Ralph, either. But I love the atmosphere at Bills' games and like going so much that I just put Ralph out of my mind and enjoy the experience.
                Great post, Jan! I completely agree!

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                  Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                  • Dec 2005

I wasn't complaining about the prices i am complaining about the fact this guy gets millions upon millions of dollars and has the balls to sit and say how hard it is for him to run the team finacally. I know tickets are relativly cheap compared to other places. Which is also why i don't get why some people on this board want a new stadium built. All that will do is double or triple ticket prices.

Point is RW saying he is hard up for cash is a joke and when you see 42 home games sold out something funny is stirring the kool aid.

Comment

• Luisito23
                    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                    • Apr 2003

I feel you Mike.
                    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

I wasn't complaining about the prices i am complaining about the fact this guy gets millions upon millions of dollars and has the balls to sit and say how hard it is for him to run the team finacally. I know tickets are relativly cheap compared to other places. Which is also why i don't get why some people on this board want a new stadium built. All that will do is double or triple ticket prices.

Point is RW saying he is hard up for cash is a joke and when you see 42 home games sold out something funny is stirring the kool aid.
                      what you say would only be true if ticket sales were a large portion of the revenues from an NFL team but they aren't. There is no corporate base to sell luxury boxes in this market. Per capita income is low here and the population down which hurts television revenues and merchandising.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                        what you say would only be true if ticket sales were a large portion of the revenues from an NFL team but they aren't. There is no corporate base to sell luxury boxes in this market. Per capita income is low here and the population down which hurts television revenues and merchandising.
                        How many luxury boxes do the Bills typically sell out of how many they have?

Comment

• billogic99
                          • Oct 2008

Is that due to loyal fans or the fact that the Bills are the cheapest home game in all the NFL and the only show in town? I wouldn't call it loyalty, cause when the Bills played their one and only home game in Canada this year there was hardly a Bill fan to be found. Thanks in large part to the ticket prices. If RW charged the Bill fans the avg ticket price of the other teams around the league there wouldn't be any more sold out games.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

I would gladly pay an extra 20$ a ticket if it meant us winning more games.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                              How many luxury boxes do the Bills typically sell out of how many they have?
                              they do have trouble selling them. But it's not just that. It's also the price they can charge for them in the first place. I don't have the numbers handy here but they have been around and this is the gripe over the last 20 years from RW. Don't forget about the television revenues and merchandising also. You have to really look at the bottom line on everything to see the impact of being in a smaller market. Far too many fans look at a full stadium and assume that means revenues are being maximized and that is far from the case.

Comment

Working...
                              X