What conclusions can we draw from this Trent Edwards interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wally The Barber
    • Jul 2007

What conclusions can we draw from this Trent Edwards interview?

You guys might want to listen to this, its the best off season interview I have listened to.

Scroll down to Trent Edwards

Listen to the entire interview carefully, you will hear some comments that you never heard before.

The comments were made in Tampa on Jan 30th 2009

THE SLAMMER
    Last edited by Wally The Barber; 02-10-2009, 07:32 AM. Reason: spelling
    Beware of Sarcasm
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: What conclusions can we draw from this Trent Edwards interview?

Good thing he stays away from reading news clippings in the Buffalo area. Honestly? I think he is a good kid, he has a spot in the NFL. I just think he is better suited as a backup in Buffalo. We need more competition here but Trent is very mature and his responses are very thoughtful. He needs to be more consistent, he needs to take more chances downfield and he needs to get better in the redzone and start putting more points on the board.

Comment

• Kenny
      • Aug 2004

said the right things I guess... though Im not too keen on his non-chalant type of attitude. (ie., that's part of life, I'll try my best, etc...).

Definitely better that some of the audio clips I've heard earlier on.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

Hey, atleast he did predict a Steelers win but he dodged around on giving advice as to what Kurt Warner should do to win the game. Why would the guy ask such a question? Everybody knows that Trent can't read the 3-4, so why even bother asking him for advice?

Comment

• Wally The Barber
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
          Hey, atleast he did predict a Steelers win but he dodged around on giving advice as to what Kurt Warner should do to win the game. Why would the guy ask such a question? Everybody knows that Trent can't read the 3-4, so why even bother asking him for advice?
          Oh Trent.....
          Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

You can read just a bit more than Zero from this... apparently he can play a decent game of golf.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
              You can read just a bit more than Zero from this... apparently he can play a decent game of golf.
              Well, I don't agree with that!

I was interested in what he said is the hardest part to learn and what he thinks of fans that criticize a player without actually playing the game
              Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THE SLAMMER
                Well, I don't agree with that!

I was interested in what he said is the hardest part to learn and what he thinks of fans that criticize a player without actually playing the game
                Hmmm, have you ever had local radio stations, 72000+ people, and coaches criticize anything you do? At the ripe old age of 25? And by people who have never actually tried to do your job?

He simply said its hard at times to deal with the criticism... I see no real story there. I can imagine that would be extremely hard.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                  Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                  He also can't win games after Nov 1

Comment

• Kenny
                    • Aug 2004

Hmmm, have you ever had local radio stations, 72000+ people, and coaches criticize anything you do? At the ripe old age of 25? And by people who have never actually tried to do your job?

He simply said its hard at times to deal with the criticism... I see no real story there. I can imagine that would be extremely hard.
                    I kind of agree, though I also wanted to hear him say that he's willing to take some of the blame for the crappy season, rather than deflect it on playcalling or other players.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tat2dmike77

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kenny
                        I kind of agree, though I also wanted to hear him say that he's willing to take some of the blame for the crappy season, rather than deflect it on playcalling or other players.
                        Ths guy gets up and blames himself and says he needs to focus on what he needs to do better after almost every single loss.

Comment

• lukabrossi
                          Senior Zoner
                          • Dec 2008

i couldn't get it to load.
                          ....thanks again buddy.

Comment

• Dujek
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
                            Remind me when the Denver game was again?

And he'd have won at least one of the games JP blew in November and December.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                              • Jul 2007

Ths guy gets up and blames himself and says he needs to focus on what he needs to do better after almost every single loss.
                              Oh come on, I have been listening to Trent for years and he never talked about half the subjects in that interview before.

Be honest, you didn't listen to the entire interview?
                              Last edited by Wally The Barber; 02-10-2009, 07:14 AM.
                              Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

Working...
                              X