PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, this kinda sucks!

X-Era
02-10-2009, 06:37 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/?p=1877

Basically, Curry wont fall to 11, and Chris Brown is now saying that he doesnt think Everette Brown, Aaron Maybin, nor Brian Orakpo are good fits for our 4-3 defense.

So that kills both DE and OLB in the 1st all in one shot...

What the hell do we do then? Im thinking:

1) Jeremy Maclin- looks to be a future star but we have other youngsters
2) B.J. Raji- I like the pick but it doesnt help our pass rush directly all that much
3) Move down a bit and take Pettigrew- Thats another decent move... could maybe score another 3rd or maybe even 2nd and get the C of our picking as well as a guy like Tyson Jackson or Evander Hood.

DraftBoy
02-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Funny how Brown posted a blog about a week ago saying that it wasn't a big deal between 3-4 OLB, and 4-3 DE.

X-Era
02-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Funny how Brown posted a blog about a week ago saying that it wasn't a big deal between 3-4 OLB, and 4-3 DE.

The guys a tool sometimes.

Makes me want to take it with a grain of salt but the number of people saying this about the top 3 DE's is growing.

Maybe Michael Johnson is the guy we should target afterall.

Where could we get him and how?

X-Era
02-10-2009, 07:02 PM
The other thought is to go after an ILB and just plan to move Poz outside.

I just look at what we need and cant see a clear path based on what we need most, and whos likely to be at 11.

QB?- adding another youngster helps us next year?
RB?- when we have a very very good tandem?
WR? Maclin makes us better even though its not a top need, I gotta think our O gets better and then we could end up with Evans, Maclin, Hardy, Johnson, Parrish, and Reed. Thats pretty damn good.
TE?- None seem to be worthy of 11
OT?- A LT? yeah theya re worth the 11 pick, but Peters just isnt going anywhere so why do that?
OG?- None worthy of 11
C?- None worthy of 11
DE- we covered
DT- I can see it, but is anyone worthy of 11?
OLB?- Outside of Curry who wont fall, theres no one worthy of 11
ILB?- already went there
CB?- Just no way
FS?- OK, I could see that, but none are worthy fo the 11 pick... maybe Moore
SS?- None are worthy of 11

jpdex12
02-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Brown is friggin clueless! Puppet boy!

X-Era
02-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Now Chris Brown is saying Kiper is saying Brown and Maybin can play the 4-3 DE... The whole issue is seeming more and more like a fashionable arguement for those for or against each prospect and what they my bring to the table.

All I know is that Kearse was viewed as tweener and early on at least the Titans reaped the rewards when he fell in the draft.

We could be that lucky ourselves.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/02/11/encouraging-to-hear/

TigerJ
02-12-2009, 09:26 PM
I saw one mock that had Buffalo picking Cushing at #11. Conventional wisdom says that's a pretty significant reach, but this guy thought Cushing was going to run a sub 4.6 40 at the combine. That might be enough to move him up and make him a viable option at #11. Otherwise, you may be left with trying to trade down or going with BPA at #11 regardless of position.

DraftBoy
02-13-2009, 07:23 AM
I still think right now a trade down may be our best scenario. I have Michael Johnson in the lower 17 right now, but if he runs a sub 4.6 and weighs in around 260-270 we'd be lucky to still land him at 11.