• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Favre likely to retire

...maybe. He told his agent to tell the Jets he isnt coming back. My buddy also heard the same thing on ESPN radio, same story.

i hadnt seen anything about this posted at all, sorry if it already was somewhere else.

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Favre likely to retire

That's too bad. He would have made the Jets worse and worse as his skills eroded with increasing age.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Wally The Barber
      • Jul 2007

Sorry, I don't believe anything he says
      Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• M
        • Aug 2006

Here we go. Again.
        Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

Favre has become the old pop star who keeps talking about how his next album is going "to drop" and be "the best stuff he's ever worked on". And as the release date comes up, he pushes it back because of minor things, then publicity issues, then a drug addiction, the another album tweak. And when it finally comes out, its so derivative and annoying, you hate him more than when you saw all the pre-release drama.

Brett Favre, GO AWAY! For a guy who supposedly loves the game so much, love the game and leave it alone. This isn't a lot to ask for. I hope his retirement papers get intercepted.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
            • Jul 2007

Every time I think he is gone I think of this clip...

Suddenly it's becoming apparent who's really the crazy one in this combustible relationship.
            Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                For a guy who supposedly loves the game so much, love the game and leave it alone.
                Ever think that his love for the game is what conflicts him? He probably knows he should retire, but he loves it too much.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Syderick
                  • Apr 2006

NFL.com has Adam Schefter reporting it now:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
                  3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by mybills
                    Ever think that his love for the game is what conflicts him? He probably knows he should retire, but he loves it too much.
                    where is at financially and mentally, he should have spoken to all the greats who have preceded him. Everyone goes through this. Jim Kelly, Marino, etc, these guys complained of the same thing. But their love of the game kept them from making a mockery of their last 5 seasons. Kelly was courted briefly by the ravens.

And the Packers even gave him a payout to just stay away and he turned his back.

You can't confuse his arrogance with "love of the game". I was never a huge favre fan, but i never despised him until these stories kept popping up. It's clear to me that he is an ego maniac and enjoys being the center of attention, even if it has to be negative attention.

If he was a black player, people wouldn't have the patience for this game he plays. and that's an unfortunate double standard.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      where is at financially and mentally, he should have spoken to all the greats who have preceded him. Everyone goes through this. Jim Kelly, Marino, etc, these guys complained of the same thing. But their love of the game kept them from making a mockery of their last 5 seasons. Kelly was courted briefly by the ravens.

And the Packers even gave him a payout to just stay away and he turned his back.

You can't confuse his arrogance with "love of the game". I was never a huge favre fan, but i never despised him until these stories kept popping up. It's clear to me that he is an ego maniac and enjoys being the center of attention, even if it has to be negative attention.

If he was a black player, people wouldn't have the patience for this game he plays. and that's an unfortunate double standard.
                      sorry but where did race ever come into this?? they did it with MJ like 4 times, so whats your point??

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by syd1364
                        NFL.com has Adam Schefter reporting it now:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/11/favr...t-is-for-good/
                        It also means that the trade compensation on Favre is complete. New York will surrender its third-round pick in April to Green Bay and the Packers will send the Jets their seventh-round pick in 2010.
                        The Jets may get relief from their 10 million+ over the cap but at least they lose a 3rd as well.

I heard he retired simply because the Jets denied his request to move his private office by the equipment room to a skybox.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by madness

I heard he retired simply because the Jets denied his request to move his private office by the equipment room to a skybox.
                          Where did you hear that??

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

So long sucker!
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                              sorry but where did race ever come into this?? they did it with MJ like 4 times, so whats your point??
                              i just mentioned it. I think a lot of people are fed up with Favre's wishywashyness on this, yet they grin and bear it. i don't think if a TO did this, he'd be treated the same. And TO is also a great receiver who just happens to be an ego maniac. They are one in the same. Yet TO is a distraction and a headache. lockerroom cancer

Favre is a guy who loves the game. Guys in the lockerroom are just excited to be around this guy even if he's talking retirement with 3 games to go and playoffs on the line.

That's the only reason i brought race into this.

Comment

Working...
                              X