X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Per Solomon Wilcots - "Peters will not hold out"

Was listening to the Blitz on Sirius today and he said that he spoke with Peters after the final game of the season, and Peters said that he felt holding out last year put him so far behind that it was not worth it and he would not do it again. He said that he does want a new deal but that he would play this upcoming year and not hold out regardless of what happened. He said he will not miss training camp again.

I have no link, obviously, as I just heard this on the radio, but that is exactly what I heard. Take it for what it is worth.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • M
    • Aug 2006

Re: Per Solomon Wilcots - "Peters will not hold out"

I hope this is true. Not that you didn't hear it, Tatonka, but that Peters actually follows through on his word.
    Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

That would be nice, someone actually earning a pay raise for this team
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I hope he is scincere, and I hope the Bills and him can come to a long term agreement that rewards Peters for stellar play. Peters contract needs incentives that pays him as one of the best LT's in the league when he and the team do well.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

If indeed Peters is speaking the truth, then I have a little more respect for the guy.

The problem is that 2008 was the year he was supposed to prove he deserved top dollar. We all know how that turned out. Pro Bowl or not, if he plays that "well" when he should be motivated, how will he play once he gets his money and isn't quite as motivated?

It's fairly worrisome, imo.

I still don't think Peters has proven that he can be a top LT through a whole season. So imo, the Bills need to wait for Peters to show he can be consistent before they pay him tons of money, and that means waiting until part of the 2009 season is done with.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ddaryl
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by psubills62

I still don't think Peters has proven that he can be a top LT through a whole season. So imo, the Bills need to wait for Peters to show he can be consistent before they pay him tons of money, and that means waiting until part of the 2009 season is done with.

which is why I would throw a heavily incentive laden deal at him that gets him paid a little more short term, but forces him to play consistently and make the team better as a whole long term that would translate into top LT money for him if he hits on most incentives.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

it sounds like something he would have to say. prove to manageent that he's on their page. it'll come down to whether he has the money and how he feels in august.

This is promising, but doesn't steer us clear of a huge setback that could still happen.

Thanks for the update Tatonka.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ddaryl
                which is why I would throw a heavily incentive laden deal at him that gets him paid a little more short term, but forces him to play consistently and make the team better as a whole long term that would translate into top LT money for him if he hits on most incentives.
                The problem is, we can throw stuff at him all we want. If he doesn't accept an incentive-laden contract, it's a fairly moot point.

For some reason, Peters seems to think he has earned top money. I think he's a very good LT, better than he played in 2008 anyway, but not elite yet. I've heard that Peters' agent will be using Jake Long's contract as a minimum...something of a starting point. I can't see him accepting a contract heavy with incentives.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Good thing he didn't go to Hawaii since he would have been around all those money grubbers who would have given him "hold out" type advice.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by psubills62
                    The problem is, we can throw stuff at him all we want. If he doesn't accept an incentive-laden contract, it's a fairly moot point.

For some reason, Peters seems to think he has earned top money. I think he's a very good LT, better than he played in 2008 anyway, but not elite yet. I've heard that Peters' agent will be using Jake Long's contract as a minimum...something of a starting point. I can't see him accepting a contract heavy with incentives.

your quote about Jake Long's contract was taken out of a hypothetical news report I do believe. I think if Peters wants a new deal before the season starts he'll have to accept incentives... otherwise he says he won't hold out and he'll end up playing the season on his old deal, which is something I don't think he wants either.

I'm not saying screw the guy... but for his contract to be one of the best LT contracts in football it should require him to hit incentives to drive it there.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Well lets hope he sticks to his word and the Bills brass sticks to their too. Just give the guy a new deal so all parties are happy and he's ready come day of camp in 09.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Jeff1220
                        H to the 12:20
                        • Jul 2002

Didn't this conversation with Wilcotts happen before the ProBowl selections were announced? If so, I'm guessing that JP is rethinking what he said. )Hope not though).

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          Was listening to the Blitz on Sirius today and he said that he spoke with Peters after the final game of the season, and Peters said that he felt holding out last year put him so far behind that it was not worth it and he would not do it again. He said that he does want a new deal but that he would play this upcoming year and not hold out regardless of what happened. He said he will not miss training camp again.

I have no link, obviously, as I just heard this on the radio, but that is exactly what I heard. Take it for what it is worth.
                          Peters get so much undeserved crap on this site. He wanted to play in Buffalo and was justifiably pissed that he was the paid as the third best guy. Sorry, but if you worked directly next to someone that got paid double for not as tough a job you wouldn't be happy.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            Peters get so much undeserved crap on this site. He wanted to play in Buffalo and was justifiably pissed that he was the paid as the third best guy. Sorry, but if you worked directly next to someone that got paid double for not as tough a job you wouldn't be happy.
                            Its so ridiculous.

The guy basically has now said hes playing no matter what even though hes our only pro-bowler on our OL and yet the 3rd highest paid still, and the youngest of the top 3, and he plays at the toughest OL position...

Well, good for him, hes playing the nice guy card which ought to shut many up.

BTW, the ball is now back in your court Bills brass... show us what some of us already know, you have no intention of fixing this.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

When's training camp start?

Comment

Working...
                              X