PDA

View Full Version : New offseason. Haters hate

Mitchell55
02-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Resign- Ellison, Chambers, Preston, Digi
Dont Resign- Hamdan, JP, McNtire, Jenkins, Whittle, Fowler, Costanzo, Greer, Wilson, Cope

Trade- Ko for 5th
Cut- Kelsay

Sign-
Antonio Smith DE
Karlos Dansby LB
JT O'sullivan QB
Colin Cole DT
Barry Stokes OG
Sam Williams LB
Reggie Williams WR

Draft
1st- Brian Orakpo DE
2nd- Alex Mack C
3rd- Jaron Gilbert DE/DT
4th- Shawn Nelson TE
5th- Graham Harrell QB
5th- Chip Vaughn S
6th- Quinn Johnson FB
7th- Luis Vasquez

DC

QB- TE, O'Sullivan, Harrell
RB- Lynch, Jackson, Omon
FB- Johnson
WR- Evans, Williams, Reed, Johnson, Hardy (GL),(Parrish ST)
TE- Nelson, Fine, Shouman
LT- Peters, Chambers
LG- Doc, Stokes
C- Mack, Preston
RG- Butler, Vasquez
RT- Walker, Bell
LE- Schobel, Gilbert, Bryan
DT- Stroud, Williams, Johnson
RE- Orakpo, Smith, Denney, Ellis
LB- Mitchell, Ellison
LB- Pos, Williams
LB- Dansby, Digi
CB- McGee, McKelvin, Youboty, Corner
FS- Whitner, Vaughn
SS- Scott, Wendling
K- Lindell
P- Moorman
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Nighthawk
02-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Dont Resign- Hamdan, JP, McNtire, Jenkins, Whittle, Fowler, Costanzo, Greer, Wilson, Cope

Trade- Ko for 5th
Cut- Kelsay

Sign-
Antonio Smith DE
Karlos Dansby LB
David Carr QB
Colin Cole DT
Barry Stokes OG
Sam Williams LB
Reggie Williams WR

Draft
1st- Brian Orakpo DE
2nd- Alex Mack C
3rd- Jaron Gilbert DE/DT
4th- Shawn Nelson TE
5th- Graham Harrell QB
5th- Chip Vaughn S
6th- Quinn Johnson FB
7th- Luis Vasquez

DC

QB- TE, Carr, Harrell
RB- Lynch, Jackson, Omon
FB- Johnson
WR- Evans, Williams, Reed, Johnson, Hardy (GL),(Parrish ST)
TE- Nelson, Fine, Shouman
LT- Peters, Chambers
LG- Doc, Stokes
C- Mack, Preston
RG- Butler, Vasquez
RT- Walker, Bell
LE- Schobel, Gilbert, Bryan
DT- Stroud, Williams, Johnson
RE- Orakpo, Smith, Denney, Ellis
LB- Mitchell, Ellison
LB- Pos, Williams
LB- Dansby, Digi
CB- McGee, McKelvin, Youboty, Corner
FS- Whitner, Vaughn
SS- Scott, Wendling
K- Lindell
P- Moorman

Ummm, David Carr has already resigned with the Giants. Try again! I guess it's time for the 1 millionth offseason thread!

Mitchell55
02-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Ummm, David Carr has already resigned with the Giants. Try again! I guess it's time for the 1 millionth offseason thread!

Ok, I didnt know that. Thanks for not being ******* about it (sarcasm)

yordad
02-12-2009, 07:49 PM
What can you tell me about Quinn Johnson?

Nighthawk
02-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Ok, I didnt know that. Thanks for not being ******* about it (sarcasm)

It's not being an ass*hole, it's about trying to do your homework before you post and if you don't know for sure, then ask somebody. If I don't know something for sure, I'll ask others on this board because there is sure to be somebody who knows.

yordad
02-12-2009, 08:25 PM
It's not being an ass*hole, it's about trying to do your homework before you post and if you don't know for sure, then ask somebody. If I don't know something for sure, I'll ask others on this board because there is sure to be somebody who knows.Why?

Mitchell55
02-12-2009, 09:00 PM
It's not being an ass*hole, it's about trying to do your homework before you post and if you don't know for sure, then ask somebody. If I don't know something for sure, I'll ask others on this board because there is sure to be somebody who knows.

Yes, you are. You looked at the whole post and decided to knock it based off of a 2nd/3rd string QB that is under contract. How should I know? Most places that show FA still have him there.

Mitchell55
02-12-2009, 10:56 PM
What can you tell me about Quinn Johnson?

Huge black FB with cornrows and is a pure blocker and is probably the best blocker. Draft countown has him as the best FB.

SeatownBillsFan21
02-12-2009, 11:01 PM
another one

CuseJetsFan83
02-13-2009, 12:14 AM
and my take on the mock

S

T

F

U

New Ro's Greatest
02-13-2009, 07:03 AM
Huge black FB with cornrows and is a pure blocker and is probably the best blocker. Draft countown has him as the best FB.

Why is this even in your description? GO BILLS:D:

patmoran2006
02-13-2009, 07:17 AM
Jesus.. When do you stop?

DraftBoy
02-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Jesus.. When do you stop?

We ask the same question about you and a few other posters all the time.

Pinkerton Security
02-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Yes, you are. You looked at the whole post and decided to knock it based off of a 2nd/3rd string QB that is under contract. How should I know? Most places that show FA still have him there.

Because if you're going to make a ***** offseason and take all that time, you may as well take the time do it right and do your research. We...well...some of us at least appreciate the effort, just know that if there's any tiny thing wrong with it most will slam the s*** outta you.

patmoran2006
02-13-2009, 08:21 AM
We ask the same question about you and a few other posters all the time.
I post knowledge son (lol), and on my worst day-- never this crap.

Jan Reimers
02-13-2009, 08:48 AM
I give Mitchell credit for thinking of all these scenarios. It shows he's a true fan who spends a lot of time contemplating what would be good for the Bills. Who cares if he gets a detail or two wrong?

madness
02-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Honestly, I'd trade Mitchell59 posting a 1000 threads a day for all the people who have nothing to offer but to constantly **** on this team in every single freaking thread.

At least Mitchell59 has a slim ;) chance of getting some decent football conversation started over the "it doesn't matter what we do, (this player, this coach, this owner) sucks!" mentality.

FYI... I've seen the best of them make the same type of mistake Mitchell made with Carr. We're all human even though some people like to think they're higher.

tat2dmike77
02-13-2009, 09:07 AM

Is that all you know? And what is the deal with huge black FB with cornrows? Do you describe all players this way or just black guys?

jamze132
02-13-2009, 10:11 AM
WTF?

OpIv37
02-13-2009, 10:46 AM
A few comments:

That's about 5 years worth of FA's for this organization- I don't see any way we bring them all in this season.

Re-signing Ellison? Uggh, but it may be a necessary evil due to lack of options.

There's no way in hell we sign an FA DE then go DL twice in the first three rounds during the draft.

You forgot Crowell on the "don't resign list"

DraftBoy
02-13-2009, 10:50 AM
I post knowledge son (lol), and on my worst day-- never this crap.

I got a list of about 5 adjectives that can describe your posting style. Knowledge is not on that list.

patmoran2006
02-13-2009, 12:25 PM
C'mon man.

Mitchell55
02-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Im still very confused why people bash these. If you dont like the thread, dont keep bumping it up. I have 2 pages on a thread that no one liked. Also, when I dont make these threads, nothing is happening. There is only around 2-3 threads a day on these message boards about 99% of the time, nothing. At least this is something that gets people involved.

kernowboy
02-13-2009, 12:56 PM
We need to sign a veteran C over Preston I feel.

I would sign in Free Agency if they are available and I believe they currently are

FB - Zac Keasey, 49ers
C - Jake Grove, Raiders
QB - Kyle Boller, Ravens
DE/T - Mike Wright, Patriots

I'd like to see us move to a 3-4 and would look at a Radical draft

R1 - trade Peters to Bengals - draft Everette Brown OLB
R1 - ours, trade down with Eagles for their R1 and R1 Panthers pick
R1 (Eagles) William Beatty LT
R1 (Panthers) James Laurinitas ILB
R2 Kenny Britt WR
R3 Andy Levitre OG
R4 A Q Shipley C
R5 Cody Brown OLB
R6 Pannel Egboh DE
R7 Todd Brandstater QB

Offense

QB Edwards, Boller, Brandstater
FL Evans, Steve Johnson
SE Britt, Reed,
TE Royal, Gronkowski
RB Lynch, Jackson
FB Keasey
LT Beatty
LG Dockery, Leveitre
C Grove, Shipley
RG Butler
RT Walker

Defence

LE Wright, Egboh
NT Williams
RE Stroud, S.Johnson
LOLB E.Brown
LILB Pozluzny
RILB Mitchell, Laurinitas
ROLB Schobel, C.Brown
RCB McKelvin
LCB McGee
FS Whitner
SS Scott

Mitchell55
02-13-2009, 01:58 PM
We need to sign a veteran C over Preston I feel.

I would sign in Free Agency if they are available and I believe they currently are

FB - Zac Keasey, 49ers
C - Jake Grove, Raiders
QB - Kyle Boller, Ravens
LB - Michael Foley, Falcons
DE/T - Mike Wright, Patriots

I'd like to see us move to a 3-4 and would look at a Radical draft

R1 - trade Peters to Bengals - draft Everette Brown OLB
R1 - ours, trade down with Eagles for their R1 and R1 Panthers pick
R1 (Eagles) William Beatty LT
R1 (Panthers) James Laurinitas ILB
R2 Kenny Britt WR
R3 Andy Levitre OG
R4 A Q Shipley C
R5 Cody Brown OLB
R6 Pannel Egboh DE
R7 Todd Brandstater QB

Offense

QB Edwards, Boller, Brandstater
FL Evans, Steve Johnson
SE Britt, Reed,
TE Royal, Gronkowski
RB Lynch, Jackson
FB Keasey
LT Beatty
LG Dockery, Leveitre
C Grove, Shipley
RG Butler
RT Walker

Defence

LE Wright, Egboh
NT Williams
RE Stroud, S.Johnson
LOLB E.Brown
LILB Pozluzny
RILB Mitchell, Laurinitas
ROLB Schobel, C.Brown
RCB McKelvin
LCB McGee
FS Whitner
SS Scott

Wow, very unrealistic but I like it.

OpIv37
02-13-2009, 02:33 PM
3 first round picks? Far too much money to commit to unproven players.

Mitchell55
02-13-2009, 02:34 PM

Hey, when you have 3 1st round picks, 1 has got to be good.

patmoran2006
02-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Im still very confused why people bash these. If you dont like the thread, dont keep bumping it up. I have 2 pages on a thread that no one liked. Also, when I dont make these threads, nothing is happening. There is only around 2-3 threads a day on these message boards about 99% of the time, nothing. At least this is something that gets people involved.
If you're going to start threads that "gets people involved" in all due respect, wouldn't you rather it be a thread that makes sense that doesn't get you bashed left and right for stupidity? You'd rather have threads with 99% negative reaction than have none at all? Are you Skooby's brother?

Sorry guy, but whether its being said publicly or not; the consensus is that your offseason "threads are a toolbox"

OpIv37
02-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Hey, when you have 3 1st round picks, 1 has got to be good.

but if 1 is good, then 2 aren't and you're committing first round money to guys with far less than first round talent. That's what gets teams in trouble.

patmoran2006
02-13-2009, 02:43 PM

Trade- Ko for 5th
Cut- Kelsay

Sign-
Antonio Smith DE
Karlos Dansby LB
JT O'sullivan QB
Colin Cole DT
Barry Stokes OG
Sam Williams LB
Reggie Williams WR

Draft
1st- Brian Orakpo DE
2nd- Alex Mack C
3rd- Jaron Gilbert DE/DT
4th- Shawn Nelson TE
5th- Graham Harrell QB
5th- Chip Vaughn S
6th- Quinn Johnson FB
7th- Luis Vasquez

Actually, I"ll bite one more time.

As far as your non-resigns. Why would you not resign Hamden? If nothing else he knows the offense as a third stringer and is also very close to Edwards on and off the field. You want to not bring back Wilson AND trade Simpson.. So your left with Whitner, Bryan and whom?

Trades: LMAO, you think we're gonna get a 5th round pick for Ko Simpson right now?? I'd love to see that sucker team. . Unlike you, 5th rounders are valued to most teams around the league.

As far as your FA: You want to sign Antonio Smith, who will cost a ton.. and draft Orakpo, and keep Schobel and his huge salary and Denney not to mention Chris Ellis..

You think we're going to land Dansby ? Why would we pay a LB $40 to play in a cover two defense??

I just shake my head man.

VeggieMan14
02-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Welcome back long time no see huh?

yordad
02-13-2009, 02:55 PM
If you're going to start threads that "gets people involved" in all due respect, wouldn't you rather it be a thread that makes sense that doesn't get you bashed left and right for stupidity? You'd rather have threads with 99% negative reaction than have none at all? Are you Skooby's brother?

Sorry guy, but whether its being said publicly or not; the consensus is that your offseason "threads are a toolbox"And yet you managed to make 5 replies in it. :idunno:

VeggieMan14
02-13-2009, 03:02 PM
And yet you managed to make 5 replies in it. :idunno:OOO would you like a whopper with that fry? ehh that was lame i just made it up we will stick with ice for that burn from now on

kernowboy
02-13-2009, 03:47 PM

But we could also commit lots of money to flop free agents or resign players to big deals who then start complaining about wanting even more money or let themselves go and fall off in performance.

I think two 1st round picks at No21 & No28 don't cost as much as that. Only the 1st choice would be financially risky.

In 2000, the Jets had 4 picks that turned into Ellis, Abraham, Pennington and Becht, all solid professionals.

and whilst the Rams didn't do sell well with 3 picks in 2001, is it any worse than spending $49m on the decidely average Derrick Dockery?

Mitchell55
02-13-2009, 06:33 PM

As far as your non-resigns. Why would you not resign Hamden? If nothing else he knows the offense as a third stringer and is also very close to Edwards on and off the field. You want to not bring back Wilson AND trade Simpson.. So your left with Whitner, Bryan and whom? Um, why would we resign hamdan. He has not had a snap on a NFL team and is a PS at best. Now, we got Wendling in the 6th and havent gave him a shot yet, so thats Whitner, Bryan, Wendling, and then 2 other players to play as backups. Why put money into a player who could get a job as a starter.

Trades: LMAO, you think we're gonna get a 5th round pick for Ko Simpson right now?? I'd love to see that sucker team. . Unlike you, 5th rounders are valued to most teams around the league. Ko was the starter for us and we got him in the 3rd. He would be a starter for most teams. You are crazy if you think thats to much. We couldve got a 4th for McCargo.

As far as your FA: You want to sign Antonio Smith, who will cost a ton.. and draft Orakpo, and keep Schobel and his huge salary and Denney not to mention Chris Ellis.. Smith is rated as the 6th best DE in FA, you realy think he would cost that much. I got rid of denney and our cap is 27 million. Smith and Orpak would only drop it to 24-22 million.

You think we're going to land Dansby ? Why would we pay a LB $40 to play in a cover two defense?? Dansbys best strength is pass coverage which is what a cover 2 defense needs. Dansby fits our system perfectly based on strengths.

This is honestly the dumbest thing ive heard all year.

ParanoidAndroid
02-13-2009, 10:32 PM

As far as your non-resigns. Why would you not resign Hamden? If nothing else he knows the offense as a third stringer and is also very close to Edwards on and off the field. You want to not bring back Wilson AND trade Simpson.. So your left with Whitner, Bryan and whom?

Trades: LMAO, you think we're gonna get a 5th round pick for Ko Simpson right now?? I'd love to see that sucker team. . Unlike you, 5th rounders are valued to most teams around the league.

As far as your FA: You want to sign Antonio Smith, who will cost a ton.. and draft Orakpo, and keep Schobel and his huge salary and Denney not to mention Chris Ellis..

You think we're going to land Dansby ? Why would we pay a LB $40 to play in a cover two defense??

Critique his post.....fine. Just try not to be such a douche bag about it. He's allowed to post this if he wants.

You have some decent ideas, Mitchell59.
Dansby would be a good get. However, getting him will shorten our list of other potential FA's. He's not going to be cheap. Crowell will be cheaper and he's pretty solid.

I like the draft except for the wait on safety. If you're not resigning Wilson and trading Ko, we would either need a FA or someone with a little more promise at safety, perhaps both. Maybe go after Sean Smith in the 3rd who will likely be seen as not fast enough to play CB, but at 6'3" 215, he's built to play SS and he's versatile enough to play FS. Use that 5th on a DE or DT. In all honesty, even though we need to get better, I think Wilson will be back. I'd still draft Smith.

You're also a CB short. I can't see carrying only 4 CB's on this defense. Greer is not going to command as much $ as he would like to. It might be wise to re-sign him. The list of FA's at CB is impressive and Greer isn't even top 10 among them. Not good timing for Greer, but good for the Bills.

Colin Cole wouldn't be too bad. He's a monster who can play behind Stroud.

What you need to do is dump 2 of those 7 DE's you have. That's too many. I guess, I wouldn't sign Smith and I would cut Bryan or Kelsay. That would give you room to grab a CB and a S.

You forgot the LS - Neil .....oops

Mitchell55
02-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Critique his post.....fine. Just try not to be such a douche bag about it. He's allowed to post this if he wants.

You have some decent ideas, Mitchell59.
Dansby would be a good get. However, getting him will shorten our list of other potential FA's. He's not going to be cheap. Crowell will be cheaper and he's pretty solid. Everytime I post resign crow its always the spot on my mock that people bash.

I like the draft except for the wait on safety. If you're not resigning Wilson and trading Ko, we would either need a FA or someone with a little more promise at safety, perhaps both. Maybe go after Sean Smith in the 3rd who will likely be seen as not fast enough to play CB, but at 6'3" 215, he's built to play SS and he's versatile enough to play FS. Use that 5th on a DE or DT. In all honesty, even though we need to get better, I think Wilson will be back. I'd still draft Smith. Vaughn started off as a 3rd round pick and dropped.

You're also a CB short. I can't see carrying only 4 CB's on this defense. Greer is not going to command as much $ as he would like to. It might be wise to re-sign him. The list of FA's at CB is impressive and Greer isn't even top 10 among them. Not good timing for Greer, but good for the Bills. Remember, there will still be a few other signings in real life that are small depth signings that dont mean much. Mine were just bigger named players.

Colin Cole wouldn't be too bad. He's a monster who can play behind Stroud. Thanks

What you need to do is dump 2 of those 7 DE's you have. That's too many. I guess, I wouldn't sign Smith and I would cut Bryan or Kelsay. That would give you room to grab a CB and a S. I thought I dumped Kelsay and Bryan?

You forgot the LS - Neil .....oops

CuseJetsFan83
02-14-2009, 02:20 AM
well posting "haters hate" is stirring the pot......

don't get me wrong, can't question your fandom but is it really needed to have self described great mocks daily..... or even during the season itself.... how many times were you already looking ahead?