PDA

View Full Version : What WR do the Bills trade Peters for?

TacklingDummy
02-12-2009, 07:46 PM
What WR do the Bills trade Peters for?

yordad
02-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Depends. How easy will it be to get him into camp. As of now, I'll go with D. Rollin with Chambers or no pass rush (again) is to be avoided at all reasonable cost.

But, never say never.

Dr. Lecter
02-12-2009, 08:09 PM
None.

All three ideas are horrendous. Trading their best player at a critical position is very, very, very, very, very bad idea.

Nighthawk
02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
None.

All three ideas are horrendous. Trading their best player at a critical position is very, very, very, very, very bad idea.

It's an idiotic idea to trade Peters.

yordad
02-12-2009, 08:23 PM
I tell ya, about 3 games into the season with Peters sitting out, and our passing game looking anemic.....

TacklingDummy
02-12-2009, 08:23 PM
None.

WR is more important than LT. The Bills need players that make plays.

yordad
02-12-2009, 08:24 PM
WR is more important than LT. The Bills need players that make plays.:eek:

TacklingDummy
02-12-2009, 08:25 PM
I tell ya, about 3 games into the season with Peters sitting out, and our passing game looking anemic.....

Peters was a turnstile. The Bills offense didn't play any worse with Peters not playing. In fact some may dare say that the offense played better.

TacklingDummy
02-12-2009, 08:28 PM
When Boldin is in the end zone for 15 TD receptions next year the fans on here will be saying "Peters who?"

Tiburon1724
02-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Peters was terrible this season and a distraction. That's not going to change, only get worse. Pro Bowl selection is a popularity contest

Dr. Lecter
02-12-2009, 08:35 PM

Ummmm.....
No it is not.

Dr. Lecter
02-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Peters was terrible this season and a distraction. That's not going to change, only get worse. Pro Bowl selection is a popularity contest

He was bad the first 4 games and then was dominating the games.

It will not be a problem if the Bills pay him like they should.

justasportsfan
02-12-2009, 09:55 PM
lol. Tell that to the qb who's in charge of throwing to the wr. THe wr can't catch the balll when the qb is laying on the field.

the answer is none. I'll take TJ without having to trade anyone.

TacklingDummy
02-12-2009, 10:29 PM
lol. Tell that to the qb who's in charge of throwing to the wr. THe wr can't catch the balll when the qb is laying on the field.

You mean like the block Peters missed that led to Trent's concussion?

The Bills don't need a "franchise" LT, what they need is players that can make plays.

TacklingDummy
02-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Ummmm.....
No it is not.

Yes it is.

The Cards went to the Super Bowl with 2 outstanding WR's or was it because of Mike Gandy?

Dr. Lecter
02-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Yes it is.

The Cards went to the Super Bowl with 2 outstanding WR's or was it because of Mike Gandy?

Egads.

You win games and championships in the trenches.

Not with shiny objects.

justasportsfan
02-12-2009, 10:49 PM

The Bills don't need a "franchise" LT, what they need is players that can make plays.
The most important thing with an OL is chemistry. You said we needed continuity with the coaching staff. THe exact same thing is needed with the OL. IF we can't even protect Trent with a franchise lt then Chambers isn't going to do squat .

Lets put it this way , if this coaching staff think that Peters should stay , then your argument is with the coaching staff you say is not the problem.

justasportsfan
02-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Yes it is.

It was a mixture of talent and coaches who knew how to make calls

Pitts didn't win the sb by having a wr tandem like Fitz and Boldin . The biggest story of their entire season and sb win was defense.

SeatownBillsFan21
02-12-2009, 11:10 PM
none we keep Peters .

SquishDaFish
02-13-2009, 05:45 AM
NONE! They are not going to trade Peters or Lynch (your dream for some reason) Get over it.

Yo win games in the TRENCHES!! The OL and DL are the 2 most important areas for a team to win.

X-Era
02-13-2009, 06:18 AM
When Boldin is in the end zone for 15 TD receptions next year the fans on here will be saying "Peters who?"

No, when Trent is out week 1 with a broken shoulder after a sack, or when Trent has 50 FF's due to the pressure from his blindside, we will be saying Chambers who?

New Ro's Greatest
02-13-2009, 07:00 AM
Is there a none of the above option? GO BILLS:D:

Yasgur's Farm
02-13-2009, 07:14 AM
Peters for Boldin and Gandy... I'd even throw in Roscoe.

Plaxico + 1st rounder is unrealistic.

TacklingDummy
02-13-2009, 07:18 AM
No, when Trent is out week 1 with a broken shoulder after a sack, or when Trent has 50 FF's due to the pressure from his blindside, we will be saying Chambers who? Chambers would be on the right side, Walker on the left. It worked well enough last year in Peters absence.

TacklingDummy
02-13-2009, 07:19 AM
Plaxico + 1st rounder is unrealistic.

Why's that?

Too much for Peters or to little?

I was thinking that the Giants would just like to get rid of their headache.

TacklingDummy
02-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Pitts didn't win the sb by having a wr tandem like Fitz and Boldin .
You are right.

They won the Super Bowl because of a WR tandem of Ward and Homles to go along with a QB that made the plays when he needed to.

They didn't win the Super Bowl because they had a Pro-Bowl left tackle because they didn't have one.

Thanks for making my point. :up:

Yasgur's Farm
02-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Why's that?

Too much for Peters or to little?

I was thinking that the Giants would just like to get rid of their headache.Too much for Peters... The Cowboys would give a 1st for Plaxico alone.

TacklingDummy
02-13-2009, 07:42 AM
Too much for Peters... The Cowboys would give a 1st for Plaxico alone.

With Plaxico injury history, court case, and being a pain in the ass issues, I tossed in the Giants 1st round pick for extra incentives to get rid of him just in case Plaxico doesn't see the field anytime soon.

Dr. Lecter
02-13-2009, 07:44 AM
With Plaxico injury history, court case, and being a pain in the ass issues, I tossed in the Giants 1st round pick for extra incentives to get rid of him just in case Plaxico doesn't see the field anytime soon.

So you want to get rid of Lynch, in part, due to his hit and run.

But you want to trade for Burress despite his history.

Makes no sense.

TacklingDummy
02-13-2009, 07:49 AM
So you want to get rid of Lynch, in part, due to his hit and run.

But you want to trade for Burress despite his history.

Makes no sense.

My stance on Lynch has more to do with the people on here who blast other players for character issues but then when it comes to their own they defend him. Hypocrites.

Truth is I like Lynch and could careless about his hit & run accident. 90% of the people in his shoes probably would do the same thing.

Lynch character>>>>>>Burress character.

Any team right now would be smart to stay away from Burress.

Mahdi
02-13-2009, 08:27 AM

Nice try but Adrian Wilson came off of RT when he hit Edwards not LT. And for the record it wasnt anyone's fault on the offensive line that Edwards took the hit from Wilson.

The Bills had a spread offense look with Hardy in the slot uncovered. Wilson was next to Hardy so Edwards figured Wilson would drop into coverage and run with Hardy. Wilson blitzed, Hardy was wide open, Edwards completed the 12 yarder to Hardy, and Wilson crushed Edwards. It was a hot read, not a missed block.

TacklingDummy
02-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Nice try but Adrian Wilson came off of RT when he hit Edwards not LT. And for the record it wasnt anyone's fault on the offensive line that Edwards took the hit from Wilson.

Shhh.

kernowboy
02-13-2009, 08:43 AM
I'd trade Peters for a Top10 R1 pick and use that to sign Everette Brown.

I would then trade our No11 pick to the Eagles for No21 and No28, use the first pick on Warren Beatty LT and the second pick on either Darius Heyward-Bey WR, or Kenny Britt WR ... or Mack C or Under C, and then our R2 on a WR or TE

1a. Everette Brown DE (Peters)
1b. William Beatty LT
1c. Heyward-Bey WR or Mack C
2. Unger C or Britt WR
3. Coffman TE

Peters has turned into a undisciplined slob - let someone else deal with his attitude

X-Era
02-13-2009, 09:15 AM
My stance on Lynch has more to do with the people on here who blast other players for character issues but then when it comes to their own they defend him. Hypocrites.

Truth is I like Lynch and could careless about his hit & run accident. 90% of the people in his shoes probably would do the same thing.

Lynch character>>>>>>Burress character.

Any team right now would be smart to stay away from Burress.

Great, so your arguements arent about whats best for the team, just what would make a point to posters here.

Ok, then your arguements can now be take excatly for there true worth, simply making an arguement.

Jan Reimers
02-13-2009, 09:27 AM
If we were to trade Peters - and I'm not in favor of that idea - I'd take Boldin. Johnson is a nitwit, and Burress is a moron.

THATHURMANATOR
02-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Trading Peters is plain dumb.

TacklingDummy
02-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Great, so your arguements arent about whats best for the team, just what would make a point to posters here.

I've never said Lynch was a bad running back. I do believe Jackson is the better overall running back.
I also would have no problem if the Bills decided they wanted to trade Lynch so they could upgrade another position of need.

Luisito23
02-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Boldin works for me.

Mahdi
02-13-2009, 10:32 AM
I've never said Lynch was a bad running back. I do believe Jackson is the better overall running back.
I also would have no problem if the Bills decided they wanted to trade Lynch so they could upgrade another position of need.
how do you come to the conclusion that Jackson is a better RB. They are equal in terms of speed, elusiveness and receiving. Lynch though is more powerful and breaks more tackles. Edge is to Lynch. Dont get me wrong though. Jackson is the perfect compliment.

Jan Reimers
02-13-2009, 10:43 AM
I like the Lynch/Jackson tandem. It is really important to have at least two good RBs in today's NFL. This is one area where we're set, so trading either would be a huge mistake.

justasportsfan
02-13-2009, 10:59 AM
You are right.

They won the Super Bowl because of a WR tandem of Ward and Homles to go along with a QB that made the plays when he needed to.

They didn't win the Super Bowl because they had a Pro-Bowl left tackle because they didn't have one.

Thanks for making my point. :up:

lol, typical. YOu conveniently didn't quote my post stating Pitts D won it all. Defense wins sb's it's commom knowledge. Pitts d beat the wr tandem of the cards. FACT!

Lets see if the cards mess around with their OL next year by moving players around.

Maybe if they had a probowl tackle then the probowl lt would've done better than Gandy in the sb game. Lol. thanks for making my point.

TacklingDummy
02-13-2009, 11:45 AM
lol, typical. YOu conveniently didn't quote my post stating Pitts D won it all. Defense wins sb's it's commom knowledge. Pitts d beat the wr tandem of the cards. FACT!

:lmao:@Pitts D won it all.

TacklingDummy
02-13-2009, 11:49 AM
how do you come to the conclusion that Jackson is a better RB. They are equal in terms of speed, elusiveness and receiving. Lynch though is more powerful and breaks more tackles. Edge is to Lynch. Dont get me wrong though. Jackson is the perfect compliment.

Jackson has better field vision, Lynch runs to contact.
Jackson is quicker.
Jackson has better hands out of the backfield. How many times did we see Lynch drop an easy screen?
Jackson is the better blocker in passing situations.
Jackson hits the hole quicker, Lynch runs to contact.
Lynch is more powerful.
Jackson is more elusive, Lynch breaks more tackles making him look elusive.
Jackson is more durable because he doesn't run to contact, Lynch has been injury prone because he runs to contact.

=

Jackson is the better overall back.
That doesn't mean Lynch is a bum, he's a good back too.

justasportsfan
02-13-2009, 12:03 PM
:lmao:@Pitts D won it all.
It was the strength of their team. It was the anchor of their team. I'm not saying their O sucked but their D was their team. NO.1 D , no.22 O. The facts are there.Laugh at the facts all you want.

In the end, the D beat the cards tandem .

justasportsfan
02-13-2009, 12:04 PM
=

Jackson is the better overall back.
the coaching staff you say isn't the problem disagrees with you amongst other things. I'm sure CJ for Peters is another.

TacklingDummy
02-13-2009, 12:10 PM
It was the strength of their team. It was the anchor of their team. I'm not saying their O sucked but their D was their team. NO.1 D , no.22 O. The facts are there.Laugh at the facts all you want.

In the end, the D beat the cards tandem .

there is no question that the strength of the Steelers team is their defense.

Super Bowl Sunday their defense was not their strength. The Refs, the bad pass by Warner before half, and Big Ben making plays when they needed them are the main reasons Pittsburgh won that Sunday.

Unless you consider giving up 407 yards great.

kernowboy
02-13-2009, 12:28 PM
The bottom line is while Lynch is a very good back, he is not irreplaceable.

A good deal and the opportunity to draft a RB 20-30lbs heavier lower in the draft might have merit especially if the pick we receive allows us to select an elite player in an area where we have a serious weakness.

For example, trading Lynch to the Chargers would give us No16 - we could pick up Rashad Jennings in the 3rd and as a RB of 230lbs+ there is no reason not to think he and Jackson could not be a good combo.

The No16 could be used on a DE, or a LB or a OT etc

We might go from an A to a B+ at RB but go from B- to A+ at LB for example

TacklingDummy
02-13-2009, 09:10 PM
The bottom line is while Lynch is a very good back, he is not irreplaceable.

A good deal and the opportunity to draft a RB 20-30lbs heavier lower in the draft might have merit especially if the pick we receive allows us to select an elite player in an area where we have a serious weakness.

For example, trading Lynch to the Chargers would give us No16 - we could pick up Rashad Jennings in the 3rd and as a RB of 230lbs+ there is no reason not to think he and Jackson could not be a good combo.

The No16 could be used on a DE, or a LB or a OT etc

We might go from an A to a B+ at RB but go from B- to A+ at LB for example

:clap:

Some people just don't get it. Glad you do. :up:

MikeInRoch
02-14-2009, 07:40 AM
there is no question that the strength of the Steelers team is their defense.

Super Bowl Sunday their defense was not their strength. The Refs, the bad pass by Warner before half, and Big Ben making plays when they needed them are the main reasons Pittsburgh won that Sunday.

Unless you consider giving up 407 yards great.

I suppose it was the offense who intercepted Warner at the goal line and ran it back 100 yards?

Dr. Lecter
02-14-2009, 07:59 AM
How many rushing yards did the Cardinals have?

TacklingDummy
02-14-2009, 09:12 AM
How many rushing yards did the Cardinals have?

How many receiving yards did the Cardinals have?

X-Era
02-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Wow, this made it to three pages?

The cupboards must be full of troll food

Mr. Pink
02-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Fact - The Bills were no better nor no worse with Peters in or out of the lineup...

Fact - Peters was a distraction last year...

Fact - We lack offensive weapons...

If you can move Peters for a top flight offensive weapon, Ocho Cinco or Boldin, you make the team instantly better.

And no, I wouldn't take the headache known as Plaxico.

Dr. Lecter
02-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Plaxico is a headache, but Ocho Cinco is not?

THATHURMANATOR
02-14-2009, 10:39 AM
True and Ocho Cinco is still a top flight talent?

Mr. Pink
02-14-2009, 10:53 AM

Name one crime that Ocho Cinco is guilty of.

Ocho Cinco talks a big game and plays one too.

There is a difference between taking a gun into a nightclub or whatever bs Plax did and overcelebrating TDs and being brash.

TacklingDummy
02-14-2009, 10:56 AM
True and Ocho Cinco is still a top flight talent?

That's why the Bills would also receive the Bengals 38th pick.

Also last year Palmer was out in Cinci, CJ missed 3 games , and still put up better stats than Evans (TDs).

TacklingDummy
02-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Name one crime that Ocho Cinco is guilty of.

Ocho Cinco talks a big game and plays one too.

There is a difference between taking a gun into a nightclub or whatever bs Plax did and overcelebrating TDs and being brash.

Off the field issues are completely different than on the field issues.

:up:

bflobarry
02-14-2009, 11:29 AM

That blitzer came from the right side, not Peters side. And you don't trade away a young, athletic left tackle, regardless of his "head-up-his-arse" issues. Peters will not be traded. BTW, Bouldin was 1 year into his new 4 year deal before he starting crying and whining this past fall. Burris is obviously a friggin' moron, and Chad J is way past his prime. So let's give up a proven young asset for one of these guys? Great idea.

TacklingDummy
02-14-2009, 12:18 PM
That blitzer came from the right side, not Peters side. And you don't trade away a young, athletic left tackle, regardless of his "head-up-his-arse" issues. Peters will not be traded. BTW, Bouldin was 1 year into his new 4 year deal before he starting crying and whining this past fall. Burris is obviously a friggin' moron, and Chad J is way past his prime. So let's give up a proven young asset for one of these guys? Great idea.

Proven injury prone asset for someone who makes plays and changes how defenses plan against the entire offense? Yes.

Not only would any of those WR improve Trent's game, they also improve the other receivers game and the running game.

But Hey, be happy with a Pro-Bowl left tackle and last place.

Bert102176
02-16-2009, 02:09 PM
don't trade peters trade draft picks say a 1st and 5th for boldin

Marvelous
02-16-2009, 08:59 PM
:wtf:
-NONE!
-No WR barring maybe a Jerry Rice type is worth a premier LT.
-T.Dummy, Are you understanding teh value of the position? seriously? LT is super elite & most teams starting LT is never up to par, or team specs..

-My IMO- We need to settle things with Peters as a main priority. No rookie LT outside of one of these top 2/top 3 LT's taken the last two seasons. But again why bother, with Peters already having made it, & 100% bonafide stud...

/shakes head

ServoBillieves
02-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Trade Peters for no one, and make the depth chart Evans/Reed/Johnson/Hardy/Parrish.

justasportsfan
02-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Proven injury prone asset for someone who makes plays and changes how defenses plan against the entire offense? Yes..seems to me the guys you want to trade Peters for are also injury prone. CJ.

Not only would any of those WR improve Trent's game, they also improve the other receivers game and the running game.. that wr would end up having to block to help Chambers out.

But Hey, be happy with a Pro-Bowl left tackle and last place.I blame coaching.

Funny how you say coaching isn't the problem and yet you want us to rebuild in their 4th year.

TacklingDummy
02-17-2009, 01:44 PM
seems to me the guys you want to trade Peters for are also injury prone. CJ.

Really? Last year was the first time CJ has missed any games due to injury in his 8 year career.

Peters has missed games in back to back seasons.

Some people should look at the facts before opening their mouth.

justasportsfan
02-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Really? Last year was the first time CJ has missed any games due to injury in his 8 year career.

Peters has missed games in back to back seasons.

Some people should look at the facts before opening their mouth.

Who's talking about missing games ? He's been injured in 06 , 07 and 08 . His game declined supposedly after an injury in 06.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Johnson

You were saying about knowing facts before opening your mouth?

TacklingDummy
02-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Who's talking about missing games ? He's been injured in 06 , 07 and 08 . His game declined supposedly after an injury in 06.

You were saying about knowing facts before opening your mouth?

Being injury prone and missing games because of those injuries is what matters. See Jason Peters.

I could careless if someone gets a bruise and plays through the pain.

If CJ's game declined in 06, what the hell happened to Evans game? Since CJ has put up better #'s than Evans since '06. Fact's are CJ had an off year in '08 that can be contributed to Palmer missing the year and he still produced more than Evans who played 3 more games.

justasportsfan
02-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Being injury prone and missing games because of those injuries is what matters. See Jason Peters.

I could careless if someone gets a bruise and plays through the pain.

If CJ's game declined in 06, what the hell happened to Evans game? Since CJ has put up better #'s than Evans since '06.His game declined because of injury in 06. whether he's on the field or not point is he's been injured 3 times in his career. In the past that was inury prone by your books even if you deny it. Maybe he finally broke down because of age? :idunno:

if you're going to pick a player at least pick one without any issues. He's a cancer and has been injured. He'll ***** up a storm if he is made to block becauce you got rid of Trents blind side protection.

TacklingDummy
02-17-2009, 02:39 PM
His game declined because of injury in 06.

2006 and 2007 his game did not decline.

06/07: 180 Rec. 2809 yards, 15 TDs

04/05: 192 Rec, 2706 yards, 18 TDs

Sorry that is not a decline.

CJ has been consistent his whole career minus last year when Palmer was injuried.

justasportsfan
02-17-2009, 02:43 PM
2006 and 2007 his game did not decline.

06/07: 180 Rec. 2809 yards, 15 TDs

04/05: 192 Rec, 2706 yards, 18 TDs

Sorry that is not a decline.

CJ has been consistent his whole career minus last year when Palmer was injuried.
I was talking about 06.

. After being bogged down by an early injury, his productivity endured a sharp decline. During the first eight weeks of the 2006 season, he only caught two touchdown passes, while only amassing 483 yards.

Point is, I am not willing to pay a wr with issues especially when you have guys like TJ who can be had without having to trade Peters. Even if we had to trade Paters I'd rather trade for TJ. Should Trent have a series of bad games (which he's had) CJ will throw him under the bus while wearing his HOF Jacket. NO thanks to Cancers.

Marvelous
02-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Well it's a fact that if we stick it out w/ Trent Edwards we need a couple more Trent Edwards friendly taget/weapons..Like Josh Reed. Reeds value has gone through the roof since Trent started hitting him every other play..So a Clutch/possession WR is much needed. Like Josh Reed but better..
IE: TJ Housh type.
--If we don't land a capable TE then we need a pass cathcing FB who can play 2 downs minimum for dumpoffs.. But IMO we kinda have that w/ our RB's so i guess we just need capable stud TE..