PDA

View Full Version : 4 trade ideas

Mitchell55
02-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Terrence McGee to Houston/indi for 3rd, after resigning Greer. Houston and Indi both desperatly need a CB and Indi needs a return man along with CB. McGee would be a great fit.

Peters and 5th for Boldin and 3rd. Boldin wants to leave, Peters needs a new contract and if we get the 3rd then we could still get the TE, C, DE, and LB all out of our way before the mid point.

Dockery to Chicago for Desmond Clark and 5th. Chicago needs help on OL and we need a TE.

Roscoe Parrish and 4th for Tony Gonzalaz. KC does not have a true deep threat or playmaker. Parrish provides both and would be great in return game.

trapezeus
02-12-2009, 09:25 PM
i think you are going to get ripped for these trades.

i'm not ripping on you, but these are my issues.

1. i'm ok with that if it works.
2. trading a proven lineman for more flash is what has gotten us into this trouble the lsat 9 years. we have a good line that will get better with a good center.
3. dockery isn't going anywhere for the same reasons above. i also don't think someone will take him at his current contract
4. roscoe is not a deepthreat/playmaker. he occassionaly runs a punt back. he is a star in buffalo because we aren't very good. the chiefs are a lot further back than us to take an undersized punt returner (they had that in hall) and a fourth.

These trades are good madden values, but i don't think they'll carry weight in the NFL.

BILLSROCK1212
02-12-2009, 10:17 PM
alright lets trade Marshawn Lynch and Josh Reed for Julius Peppers.....it may be fun to guess but there is a .01% chance of those happening

jimbohastle51
02-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Terrence McGee to Houston/indi for 3rd, after resigning Greer. Houston and Indi both desperatly need a CB and Indi needs a return man along with CB. McGee would be a great fit.

Peters and 5th for Boldin and 3rd. Boldin wants to leave, Peters needs a new contract and if we get the 3rd then we could still get the TE, C, DE, and LB all out of our way before the mid point.

Dockery to Chicago for Desmond Clark and 5th. Chicago needs help on OL and we need a TE.

Roscoe Parrish and 4th for Tony Gonzalaz. KC does not have a true deep threat or playmaker. Parrish provides both and would be great in return game.

you traded the whole left side of our O-line away for picks and boldin?? trent cant throw the ball to boldin without an O-line and 2 rookies or a mid level G or T and a rookie at the opposite wont be a better combo than we already have. you put a vet center on our team mitchell59 and our whole left side will probably be in the pro bowl (doc, and peters). we have too many needs that have to be filled NOW, the rebuilding is done bro there going shopping this free agency for a few big players drafting 2 day 1 starters in the 1st and 2nd and pushing for the playoffs or ALOT of people are getting fired, not just the coaching staff but maybe even russ brandon, nix was brought in for a reason this offseason and ralph has pretty much said, we are spending money this offseason.

jimbohastle51
02-12-2009, 10:52 PM
i dont think that we know the big plan here yet this offseason but dont be surprised if we get a couple big free agents.

MarvLevy
02-12-2009, 11:04 PM
alright lets trade Marshawn Lynch and Josh Reed for Julius Peppers.....it may be fun to guess but there is a .01% chance of those happening
Did you forget they have probably the best RB in the nfl last year already along with a 1st round draft pick at RB?

SeatownBillsFan21
02-12-2009, 11:05 PM
who the heck is gonna block???

DANMAN
02-13-2009, 01:48 AM

Trade our #1 CB for a 3rd round pick, I don't know about that. Do like the idea of Re-signing Greer though.

You want to trade the left side of our OL,our best Tackle and our best Guard, who would block?
We need a Center so our OL would be ?,?,?,Butler, Walker.
Boldin would want a contract about the size of Evans. Clark is alright but at the cost of our starting LG?
I think these 2 trades would be awful for the Bills and would actually set the Offense back.

Parrish has little trade value. He does not get open enough, does not catch enough passes, is not a "true deep threat" or a playmaker. How many deep passes and plays did he make for us? He is a very good return man and that's about it. KC would want more then Roscoe and a 4th for TG. I don't see this trade as realistic.

Yasgur's Farm
02-13-2009, 06:02 AM
Roscoe's worth a 3rd... Roscoe straight up for Tony.

X-Era
02-13-2009, 06:13 AM

1) I dont mind the thought of trading McGee and resigning Greer, I thought Greer has been our best cover CB the past 2 years.

2) Trade a guy who we dont want to pay 7+ mill to for another guy that we would need to pay 7+ mill for? Makes no sense. I like the thought of adding Boldin, but id rather trade a pick straight up... and all of it means the FO will pull its collective head out of it ass and pay the guys what they are worth.

3) We finally have a decent O-line the last thing I want to do is screw it all up again. I was happy with the Bills the day they signed Dock, even if it was for too much, I want to keep him. Just maybe restructure his deal a bit.

4) Adding Gonzo would be a sweet move and its another trade I would really like. I also dont neccessarily think Parrish brings that much to the table anymore considering we have a better returner now and young WR prospects. Id prefer to go bigger, maybe with a guy like DJ Boldin. Why should KC trade anything though when they can simply sign Darren Sproles and solve the return issue too.

Mahdi
02-13-2009, 06:51 AM

A 26 yr old 2 time Pro Bowl LT is worth more than any WR. If anything it would be a straight up deal. Peters for Boldin.

New Ro's Greatest
02-13-2009, 06:58 AM
The only one i like is the Parrish/Gonzalez trade. I would do that in a heartbeat! GO BILLS:D:

patmoran2006
02-13-2009, 07:20 AM
THe more you justify these idiotic trade and "offseason" threads with responses and analysis-- the more of them he is going to do.

Trade our starting LG for a tight end who will become a BACKUP TE after we trade for Gonzalez-- who the Chiefs would take for Parrish and a 4th??? LOL

GO play some madden kid.. Your getting more brutal by the day.

patmoran2006
02-13-2009, 07:22 AM
and Roscoe Parrish is a "deep threat and a playmaker".. Yeah, and he's had how many career 70+ receiving yards as a Bill in his career?

wow

TacklingDummy
02-13-2009, 07:33 AM

I'd make all the above except for Dockery.

patmoran2006
02-13-2009, 08:23 AM
our OL will look great with Chambers and Whittle manning the left side.

Jan Reimers
02-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Hypothetical trades, free agent signings, and draft picks are among the things that make the offseason bearable. Keep it up, Mitchell! It makes this time of year interesting.

Dr. Lecter
02-13-2009, 08:57 AM
GO play some madden kid.. Your getting more brutal by the day.

You're.

kernowboy
02-13-2009, 08:58 AM
1. I'd rather keep McGee than Greer as he can return and we hae McKelvin and Youboty coming through.

2. I'd trade Peters for a Top10 pick. I'd use that on EVERETTE BROWN DE

With our own R1 pick I'd try to trade down hopefully with the Eagles. With the first of their picks I'd grab WILLIAM BEATTY LT and with the second, I would take either ALEX MACK C or DARIUS BEYWARD-BEY WR, though if JAMES LAURINITAS LB, is still there, he'd be selectable

R2 and R3 could be used on a C, WR or TE - certainly the WR class seems much deeper than 2008 - Kenny Britt, Darius Heyward-Bey, Derrick Williams, Louis Murphy and Brian Robiskie may all be available still in R2 and the likes of Chad Johnson and Bolden were drafted in R2 and R3

3. Dockery does not play up to his contract. Maybe the Texans might be able to part with Owen Daniels. I might be tempted to explore a deal with the Seahawks for any sort of pick. We can pick up a FA who will play up to Dockery's level. Ray Willis of the Seahawks could be moved inside

4. Again Parrish is a luxury - a selection in the draft might bring a more versatile player.

tat2dmike77
02-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Someone passed the dutchie to mitchell before he posted this.

jamze132
02-13-2009, 10:09 AM
WTF?

BILLSROCK1212
02-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Did you forget they have probably the best RB in the nfl last year already along with a 1st round draft pick at RB?
i was kidding buddy