PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Maybin and Jeremy Perry tidbits

DraftBoy
02-13-2009, 07:21 AM
We hear former Penn State star Aaron Maybin has added about 15 pounds in the last few weeks and is all the way up to 250 pounds. Also, he was recently hand-timed running the 40 yard dash in 4.68 seconds, which is pretty good for his size. Obviously, as a defensive end/3-4 outside linebacker prospect, he needed to add some weight before the Combine and he's done that. Question is, if his trainers have him drinking water all day to bulk up, how long will he be able to retain this "water weight" and will this suddenly gained weight slow him down during workouts in Indy? After all, scouts know he's young and somewhat thin, but it's the speed and quickness that he displayed coming off the edge that really made him standout last season.

Also, we've been told Miami-based agent Drew Rosenhaus has been working real hard to sign Maybin up as a client. Jeremy Shockey and Drew's whole crew in Miami have been in contact with him and Rosenhaus told him he thinks he can make him a top 10 pick. Aaron is currently being "advised" by former P.S.U. star linebacker LaVar Arrington, but still needs a certified agent, like Rosenhaus, to negotiate his contract. Drew has, reportedly, already signed the following prospects: RB LeSean McCoy, WR D.J. Boldin, CB Alphonso Smith, FS Louis Delmas and CB Darius Butler.

A few years ago Oregon State offensive guard Jeremy Perry was considered a rising star in the college ranks and an almost sure fire N.F.L. prospect. But his career has been derailed a bit by injuries the last two seasons, which led some to wonder what happened to him? We've been informed that Perry recently received a clean bill of health from a very prominent Bay area (California) sports doctor and the agile 6' 2", 315 pound native of Hawaii is currently in excellent shape and training hard in hopes of impressing scouts at the Beavers' upcoming pro day. According to one of our league sources, Perry does have a chance to be drafted in the latter rounds, if he can impress in workouts and teams believe his medical issues are behind him.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.htm

PECKERWOOD
02-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Rosenhaus is an EXCELLENT agent.

It's exciting to see that he has added 15lbs and seemingly kept that speed and burst which is so crucial to his style of play. To be honest, I wouldn't be too upset if we took Maybin at #11, I wouldn't be mad at all actually. I gotta be honest though, I would MUCH rather have Orakpo. If we don't trade down or trade up in the 1st round and we stay put, Orakpo is my ideal target at #11.

treydawg
02-21-2009, 09:47 PM
As a big PSU fan the knock on Maybin has always been his inability to keep weight on. He has massive arms but his frame just isn't made to carry 250-260 pounds.