• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Sabres players, Ruff shaken by tragedy

Among the eyewitnesses to the crash of Continental Flight 3407 were several members of the Buffalo Sabres, who reported for their morning skate today in HSBC Arena still shaken by what they saw and heard Thursday night in their suburban neighborhood.

The Sabres meet the San Jose Sharks, the top team in the National Hockey League, tonight at 7:30 and the game will be played as scheduled. Several members of the team live in Clarence Center and the nearby Spaulding Lake subdivision in Clarence.

"I heard the plane coming," defenseman Teppo Numminen said. "I was in my bed and I heard it and thought it sounded really weird, really close to us. Then I heard a little poof afterwards and I was thinking, "That doesn't sound good, doesn't sound right.' So I looked out of my window and I saw the red sky and I knew something was wrong."

Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: Sabres players, Ruff shaken by tragedy

Wow.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Mski
      • Mar 2006

Re: Sabres players, Ruff shaken by tragedy

Ruffs brother died in a plane crash, back when he was a player. im sure if anyone could help the players get over the shock of the unfortunate incident from thursday night it would be him.... and yes spaulding lake is near the crash site, but not near enough that they would have been able to see or hear anything from their homes
      RIP Tommy D!
      12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

Working...
      X