Please FO, get rid of these 2 players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Please FO, get rid of these 2 players

Hecht and Pomminville. They realy suck. This year hes a -2 and has made alot of mistakes, and he doesnt hustle. I have barely seen him at all. Same with Hecht, hes slow, doesnt get in front of the net and is a -10. Both can be traded for decent players.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Please FO, get rid of these 2 players

I agree that both of these guys have been disappointing, but why do you think another team will give up something valuable for them when they've been worthless for us?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchell55
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
      I agree that both of these guys have been disappointing, but why do you think another team will give up something valuable for them when they've been worthless for us?

There both young and have productive pasts. We could get something for them.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

I'd definitely be OK with moving one or both of them if you could get a good package back. I'm just not sure that is possible.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mitchell59
          Hecht and Pomminville. They realy suck. This year hes a -2 and has made alot of mistakes, and he doesnt hustle. I have barely seen him at all. Same with Hecht, hes slow, doesnt get in front of the net and is a -10. Both can be traded for decent players.
          Not happening

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Sabres forward Jochen Hecht agreed to a four-year, $14.1 million contract extension on Tuesday that will keep him in Buffalo through the 2011-12 season.

Hecht, who will make $2.3 million this season, was set to become an unrestricted free agent after this season. He'll make $3.8 million in the first two years of his extension, followed by $3.5 million and $3 million in the final two.
          http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3066274

Entering the final year of his contract, Pominville was rewarded by the Sabres on Thursday with a five-year $26.5 million contract extension.

He will make $4.5 million in the 2009-10 season and $5.5 million in the final four years of the contract, representing a significant raise over the $1.375 million he will earn this season.
          http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3596003

Comment

• Mitchell55
            • Feb 2008

Just my luck, I make a post people agree with and one of the players I bashed had the 2 most important goals of the game.

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mitchell59
              Just my luck, I make a post people agree with and one of the players I bashed had the 2 most important goals of the game.
              Rip on Gerbe Sunday! Give him a hatty
              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Not happening
                why not? There's no rule that says you can't trade a guy with a contract. The other team just has to be willing to accept the contract. It's rare, but it happens. Some team that's rebuilding may want someone like Pomminville with experience locked up for a couple years.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  why not? There's no rule that says you can't trade a guy with a contract. The other team just has to be willing to accept the contract. It's rare, but it happens. Some team that's rebuilding may want someone like Pomminville with experience locked up for a couple years.
                  LW is one of the strangest posters on this board...he makes no sense on 99% of his posts. Don't even try to figure him out!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Getting rid of Pominville would not be a good move. He has not performed well this year, but is still 4th in points and just signed the new deal. Vanek did not produce much of last year either.

Not to mention Pominville has had 2 years of point a game production. Let's not dump him yet, unless there is a great deal to be had for him.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      Getting rid of Pominville would not be a good move. He has not performed well this year, but is still 4th in points and just signed the new deal. Vanek did not produce much of last year either.

Not to mention Pominville has had 2 years of point a game production. Let's not dump him yet, unless there is a great deal to be had for him.
                      Like you said, you can't just give him away, but if there is a deal to made and it makes sense and improves this team...I'd deal him in a heartbeat. You cannot be afraid to pull the trigger on a deal and that is what's wrong with Darcy. He's terrified to make the wrong trade.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                        Like you said, you can't just give him away, but if there is a deal to made and it makes sense and improves this team...I'd deal him in a heartbeat. You cannot be afraid to pull the trigger on a deal and that is what's wrong with Darcy. He's terrified to make the wrong trade.
                        But Mitchell would dump him for nothing.

That was more my point. Let's not make it a goal to dump him like he is Max. Anybody is tradable for the right offer. But Darcy should not be shopping Pominville.

And to say he does not hustle is stupid. He busts his ass. You and I know that. He has not produced as well as he should (but not as bad as some make it seem), but he works.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

That was more my point. Let's not make it a goal to dump him like he is Max. Anybody is tradable for the right offer. But Darcy should not be shopping Pominville.

And to say he does not hustle is stupid. He busts his ass. You and I know that. He has not produced as well as he should (but not as bad as some make it seem), but he works.
                          Oh, I agree...he's just not played well. However, if there's a deal on the table for say...St. Louis and they want Pominville as part of the deal, I'd do it. Like you said, it depends on the offer.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                            • Feb 2008

1st, dont put words into my mouth. 2nd, well there is not 2nd, I just put it to sound more forcefull.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

I gotta tell you, your forcefulness scares the crap outta me.

Comment

Working...
                              X