• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Gerbe

First, the guy gets an A for effort. He goes 100% every shift and doesn't shy away from contact, even though he's the smallest guy on the ice most of the time.

But so far, he hasn't produced a lot of offensive pressure. He seems to have trouble escaping. It seems to me that either he hasn't adjusted to the speed of the other guys on the ice at the NHL level or the other guys have a reach on him because of his size.

I know he's had limited time in the NHL and it's too soon to tell, but up to this point he doesn't look like anything spectacular.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Al the Bills Fan
    • Aug 2007

Re: Gerbe

His effort on the boards with about 3 or 3 and half minutes to go got the crowd into the game and the players fed off of that

Gerbe certainly get an A for effort

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
      First, the guy gets an A for effort. He goes 100% every shift and doesn't shy away from contact, even though he's the smallest guy on the ice most of the time.

But so far, he hasn't produced a lot of offensive pressure. He seems to have trouble escaping. It seems to me that either he hasn't adjusted to the speed of the other guys on the ice at the NHL level or the other guys have a reach on him because of his size.

I know he's had limited time in the NHL and it's too soon to tell, but up to this point he doesn't look like anything spectacular.
      Give him some time...you're correct, he has to adjust to the speed and as soon as he gets comfortable, he'll start to produce. He's feeling the NHL game out right now and how he needs to play to be successful. I truly believe this kid will be very good.

Comment

• Mitchell55
        only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
        • Feb 2008

I like him. You cant expect a forward to adjust to quickly. Normally D-men have a quicker time adjusting (Paetch, Butler, Gragnani). For a 5-6 guy hes adjusting very quickly.

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

Don't they all start out this way though? They give it their all to stay up with the big boys.. then when they're full of themselves and think they can win without heart i.e. Kotalik, Pominville... they just play for that paper.
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Mitchell59
            I like him. You cant expect a forward to adjust to quickly. Normally D-men have a quicker time adjusting (Paetch, Butler, Gragnani). For a 5-6 guy hes adjusting very quickly.
            Butler hasn't adjusted to anything!

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Al the Bills Fan
              Butler has been very good for most of his time up here. He's very young and will have his moments, but in no way should anybody be disappointed in this kid's play.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Butler is a 21 year old kid. He has been pretty damn good for a guy who was playing for the University of Denver last year. He plays in clutch situations and is rarely out of position.

He had a few rough games, but overall has been damn impressive.

I said before he came up, I like him the most of the young guys they signed last year (Gerbe, Kennedy, Butler, Persson, etc.)

He is going to be a good one.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                  only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Al the Bills Fan

Hes still adjusting. Honestly what people wont agree with but the only player I see still having trouble is Sekera, his great plays and bad plays equal each other. Hes not that physical which is a problem. I think Sekera should play wingman. He has a great shot he can skate and deke, and is great in open ice.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    Butler has been very good for most of his time up here. He's very young and will have his moments, but in no way should anybody be disappointed in this kid's play.

Comment

Working...
                    X