PDA

View Full Version : This is one of those games...

Nighthawk
02-13-2009, 09:20 PM
...that could propel this team in the right direction. Likewise, if they lost this game, the way they almost did, it might have sent them in the wrong direction. I'm very happy to see them pull this game out...huge, just huge!

JD
02-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Man, this was an emotional win. When we scored with 3 seconds to go, you have to believe in light of what happened last night... that was huge for a lot of people touched by the accident. That was just awesome. The crowd gave them a standing ovation for a solid 5 minutes. One memorable game right there.

Al the Bills Fan
02-13-2009, 09:25 PM
This could be the shot in the arm needed for the remainder of the season

Go Sabres!!!

OpIv37
02-13-2009, 09:26 PM
It's disappointing that we gave up a 3 goal lead, but it was to the second best team in the NHL and the Sabres still prevailed. The emotional high of winning should override the pain of blowing a 3 goal lead.

Either way it was VERY exciting to watch.

JD
02-13-2009, 09:36 PM
It's disappointing that we gave up a 3 goal lead, but it was to the second best team in the NHL and the Sabres still prevailed. The emotional high of winning should override the pain of blowing a 3 goal lead.

Either way it was VERY exciting to watch.
I'd say they're much better than Boston, but statistically yes.. 2nd best team. That was a nail bitter for sure! Haha.

hydro
02-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Totally agree. This could be a game we look back on as a turning point.

Dr. Lecter
02-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Damn.

I wish I had been there. What a ****ing game.

Michael82
02-14-2009, 12:50 AM
This reminded me of one of those games from a few years ago. The team played great for the whole first half and then managed to steal it back at the end of the game. It definitely feels like one of those games where the team starts getting hot, on their way to the Stanley Cup playoffs....

Oh and I haven't heard it that loud at the end of regulation since the playoffs a few years ago. Great, great game! Damn glad I was there! :dance3:

SkateZilla
02-14-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm Not happy seeing them collapse and blow a 3-Goal Lead,
But You have to remember, S.J. is the #1, ... ooops, Scratch that, #2 Team in the league...

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-14-2009, 11:08 AM
that game last night reminded me of the Surprise October Storm back we had in 2006 (hard to believe that it's been that long already)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VJzLOuwxFJw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VJzLOuwxFJw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and also the Sabres had a hockey game to play that night at HSBC Arena it was against the Rangers Larry Quinn had the option to play that game or to postpone it, the Sabres played the NY Rangers and the Sabres said before the game rallied around WNY like they did last night it was back and forth and it went into a shootout and the Sabres won after the game the players stayed on the ice held thier sticks up to salute the fans which gave a standing ovation nobody left the Arena.

I can remember Rick Jeanneret reading some fans sign at the HSBC Arena and the sign said "Right now my basement is flooded and I'm watching the Buffalo Sabres"

SabreEleven
02-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Way to follow-up, boys.

Nighthawk
02-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Way to follow-up, boys.

And this is the problem with this team. They just aren't consistent and haven' been for years. It is so frustrating to watch this team and know that this organization will never do anything to improve it.

JD
02-15-2009, 11:29 PM
They just show up for the paper. When you make that much cash you lose love for the game. The Portland Pirates would have put up a fight tonight.