PDA

View Full Version : Pettigrew to get his due

patmoran2006
02-15-2009, 09:45 AM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectid=202&articleid=20090213_202_B1_OUsBad155921&allcom=1

WTF?
We better do A LOT in FA to justify taking a TE with the 11th pick who's far more known for his blocking than pass catching.

ddaryl
02-15-2009, 09:57 AM
It's Kiper

TacklingDummy
02-15-2009, 10:00 AM
WTF?
We better do A LOT in FA to justify taking a TE with the 11th pick who's far more known for his blocking than pass catching.

The Bills will be trading Lynch to Tampa for the 19th pick and will use that pick on Pettigrew.

Bills 1st 3 picks...

11th Brian Orakpo or Everette Brown
19th Pettigrew or Mack
42nd Max Unger

DraftBoy
02-15-2009, 11:54 AM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectid=202&articleid=20090213_202_B1_OUsBad155921&allcom=1

WTF?

What in the hell are you talking about? Pettigrew is known for being a pass catching TE not a blocking one. That being said he's still not worth the 11th pick, imo.

BuffaloBillsStampede
02-15-2009, 01:36 PM
How dare you have a different opinion than DraftBoy!

DraftBoy
02-15-2009, 01:43 PM
How dare you have a different opinion than DraftBoy!

Not my opinion of him, its what he's known for being. An athletic pass catching TE.

Mitchell55
02-15-2009, 04:20 PM
The Bills will be trading Lynch to Tampa for the 19th pick and will use that pick on Pettigrew.

Bills 1st 3 picks...

19th Pettigrew or Mack
42nd Max Unger

You come up with some wierd ****.

patmoran2006
02-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Not my opinion of him, its what he's known for being. An athletic pass catching TE.
Only 40+ receptions and ZERO touchdowns last year and he's "known" as a pass catching tight end?

While I'm not saying he cant be a good pass catcher, he's better known for his blocking than his receiving; per like EVERY article I've ever read.

kernowboy
02-15-2009, 06:22 PM

Bills 1st 3 picks...

19th Pettigrew or Mack
42nd Max Unger

We could maybe trade Lynch to the Chargers who are also looking to upgrade.

R1. Everette Brown DE
R1. for Lynch (Trade down with Eagles - No28 and R2)
R1. (from Eagles) James Laurinitas LB
R2. Max Unger C
R2. (from Eagles) Chase Coffman TE
R3. Rashad Jennings RB

TacklingDummy
02-15-2009, 07:00 PM

R1. Everette Brown DE
R2. Max Unger C
R3. Rashad Jennings RB

I like it. :up:

Oaf
02-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Trading team's best player for an unknown commodity? :shakeno:

I'd rather trade peters. Unless lynch gets suspended, I'm not worried much about his arrest. He's smarter than your avg pacman jones or plex burress. And remember this is from the poster who predicted fred jackson to be the biggest surprise in 2008 and set him as my avatar before the season begaan.

DraftBoy
02-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Only 40+ receptions and ZERO touchdowns last year and he's "known" as a pass catching tight end?

While I'm not saying he cant be a good pass catcher, he's better known for his blocking than his receiving; per like EVERY article I've ever read.

Yes Im well aware of his lack of TD receptions, that's something Ive pointed out repeatedly. Whatever articles you're reading are incorrect though about what he is better known as.

Here are some reports on him;
"Productive receiver with big, soft hands. He can pluck on the run and also catches the ball consistently over his head. Rarely drops a 'catchable' pass and when he does it typically has been due to a lapse in concentration"

"Better blocker than most at his position. Big frame with long arms and big hands. Good overall strength for a TE. Is able to anchor at the point of attack when he stays low. Displays good upper-body power for the position and flashes a mean streak. Does a good job with his first step. He is a more effective blocker in-line than he is in space, though. He needs to be more consistent with his technique in space, rather than looking to bury the defender with his initial pop"

"Flashes a mean streak. Will make tough catches in traffic. Won't back down from a challenge. Only concern here is with his mental toughness. He tends to turn his motor on and off when he feels like it. He can get lazy and undisciplined at times"

The kid is one of the top pass catching TE's in the class and the best blocking one, which is why with that combination he is the #1 TE. But even his blocking ability still needs some tweaking. No doubt I think we all would like to see more production out of him coming from Oklahoma State and the Big 12, but he has great hands. Id really like to see him run a sub 4.7 at the combine this week though, that would make me feel better about him.

Nighthawk
02-15-2009, 08:17 PM
No way this guy should be the Bills #1 pick...

PECKERWOOD
02-15-2009, 09:46 PM
If we dealt Lynch I would rather pick up a bruiser like Shonn Greene out of Iowa.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/rb/Shonn-Greene.php

Oaf
02-15-2009, 09:57 PM
If we dealt Lynch I would rather pick up a bruiser like Shonn Greene out of Iowa.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/rb/Shonn-Greene.php
:shakeno:

SeatownBillsFan21
02-15-2009, 09:59 PM

WTF?
Agreed

SeatownBillsFan21
02-15-2009, 10:00 PM

R1. Everette Brown DE
R2. Max Unger C
R3. Rashad Jennings RB
your dreaming buddy

psubills62
02-15-2009, 10:23 PM
I really think people ought to get used to the idea that Pettigrew is a legitimate pick at #11. Just because he's a better blocker than most flashy TE's coming out of college doesn't mean he uses cement blocks for hands. He's a very good possession receiver, which is actually what we need, imo.

IMO, if guys like Maclin, Raji, and Brown are all gone by 11 (certainly possible) and the Bills can't trade down then I could see them picking Pettigrew. He's exactly the kind of TE they like - the kind that can block, but is still very good at receiving, and tough enough to get YAC.

psubills62
02-15-2009, 10:24 PM

R1. Everette Brown DE
R2. Max Unger C
R3. Rashad Jennings RB

Eh.....not a big fan.

jamze132
02-16-2009, 02:26 AM
Kiper is one of the biggest ******s to ever grace ESPNs payrole.

Luisito23
02-16-2009, 06:41 AM
Kiper is one of the biggest ******s to ever grace ESPNs payrole.

:hi5:

DraftBoy
02-16-2009, 06:44 AM
I really think people ought to get used to the idea that Pettigrew is a legitimate pick at #11. Just because he's a better blocker than most flashy TE's coming out of college doesn't mean he uses cement blocks for hands. He's a very good possession receiver, which is actually what we need, imo.

IMO, if guys like Maclin, Raji, and Brown are all gone by 11 (certainly possible) and the Bills can't trade down then I could see them picking Pettigrew. He's exactly the kind of TE they like - the kind that can block, but is still very good at receiving, and tough enough to get YAC.

He is in no way worth the #11 pick. I dont even think he's a 1st Round worthy TE to be perfectly honest. This would be a classic Bills pick where they reach for a guy when they dont need to. The TE class is very deep this year, no need to reach for Pettigrew at 11.

psubills62
02-16-2009, 08:39 AM
He is in no way worth the #11 pick. I dont even think he's a 1st Round worthy TE to be perfectly honest. This would be a classic Bills pick where they reach for a guy when they dont need to. The TE class is very deep this year, no need to reach for Pettigrew at 11.

Maybe he's not worth the 11th pick. Although I disagree with you because I definitely think he's 1st-round worthy. I just think that if certain prospects are gone before the Bills pick, if they can't trade down then they'll have to reach. And I could easily see them reaching for Pettigrew.

raphael120
02-16-2009, 11:40 AM
We have a lot bigger holes on our team to be worrying about picking a TE with our first pick.

Pittsburgh and Arizona don't have star TE's.

Nor do any of the other teams that got to the playoffs.

Look to KC to see what happens when you have an awesome TE but nothing else.

madness
02-16-2009, 12:52 PM
The combine (unfortunately) is going to determine where this guy lands. I'm not all too concerned about his lack of TD's. Dez Bryant could not be stopped in the end zone so they rarely looked Brandon's way. I look at his numbers and it's hard to believe this guy only played a few games at full health.

He'll go in the first round but unfortunately eleven is too high even for the Bills. Someone in the second half of the 1st is going to get a very nice prospect.

Marvelous
02-17-2009, 11:51 AM
TE in the 1st is a joke to a mediocre team like us. i'M NOT DENYING the position is a dire need, but the idea scares me more then excites.

Tatonka
02-18-2009, 12:14 AM
so this kid assaulted a cop??

DraftBoy
02-18-2009, 12:39 PM
so this kid assaulted a cop??

Yes in 2007;

Charged with felony assault and battery of a police officer in February, 2008. Police responded to an altercation at a residence in Stillwater, OK. When asked to leave, Pettigrew refused and elbowed an officer in the chest. Pettigrew has since pleaded guilty to a lesser charge (misdemeanor assault and battery) in return for fines paid and 20 hours of community service. He also pleaded guilty to misdemeanor public intoxication in the incident and was fined $100. He received a deferred sentence and won't have a criminal record if he successfully completes probation. Coach Mike Gundy declined to suspend Pettigrew, saying in February that he would allow the case to run its course.

madness
02-18-2009, 12:44 PM
The altercation was about 15-20 people deep at a party from what I've read. It was also reported Pettigrew was pretty wasted.

DraftBoy
02-18-2009, 12:45 PM
The altercation was about 15-20 people deep at a party from what I've read. It was also reported Pettigrew was pretty wasted.

That does not matter one bit, being drunk is not an excuse for assault.

madness
02-18-2009, 12:51 PM
That does not matter one bit, being drunk is not an excuse for assault.

The kid made a mistake and moved on. There's absolutely no reason to hold it against him.