-Nasty Finisher
-Light Feet

Cons:
-Struggles with big DT's
-Season long durability
-Athleticism
-2nd Level Blocking

Overall:
Fletcher is a often forgotten prospect in what is a very good Center draft class in 2009. Fletcher was the offensive captain of Stanford this past season, and was the leader both on and off the field. Fletcher does a good job of reading stunts on the line and coming off double teams to pick up a blitzer. He is also a nasty finisher out there who will pound his assignment into the ground. Now while Fletcher weighs in excess of 320 he has light feet and he will rarely be beat by a quick DT. Fletcher does not have outstanding strength, and there is concerns about how he will match up against massive NT's in the NFL. He also tends to get nicked up throughout the season and will miss games.

X-Era
02-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Alex Fletcher-OC-Stanford
http://www.friarsports.com/2008-09/tfimages/fall/football/fletch1008.jpg

Height: 6'3
Weight: 302
40: 5.28

Pros:
-Leader
-Recognition
-Nasty Finisher
-Light Feet

Cons:
-Struggles with big DT's
-Season long durability
-Athleticism
-2nd Level Blocking

Overall:
Fletcher is a often forgotten prospect in what is a very good Center draft class in 2009. Fletcher was the offensive captain of Stanford this past season, and was the leader both on and off the field. Fletcher does a good job of reading stunts on the line and coming off double teams to pick up a blitzer. He is also a nasty finisher out there who will pound his assignment into the ground. Now while Fletcher weighs in excess of 320 he has light feet and he will rarely be beat by a quick DT. Fletcher does not have outstanding strength, and there is concerns about how he will match up against massive NT's in the NFL. He also tends to get nicked up throughout the season and will miss games.

Thanks, you seem to like him!

psubills62
02-15-2009, 10:03 PM
I guess my question is why does the "weight" say 302, yet the report says in excess of 320? I'm going to assume the listed Weight statistic has the last two digits switched? Either way, it doesn't really sound like he fits our system, unfortunately.