PDA

View Full Version : Reasoning behind Marshawn carrying a weapon...

sauce
02-16-2009, 09:03 AM
First off in no way do I condone carrying a loaded firearm in the trunk of your car

In today's society athletes have a "gangster" mentality and if you ask me have watched the movie scarface one too many times but honestly that is just me looking from the outside in.

I will not even get into much of a rant about the modern athlete and today's cutural influences ie: hip hop, etc and the correlation with violence

But I found this article and thought it was interesting as to the reasoning behind why Marshawn carries a gun

IMHO unless you know the type of environment these athletes come from and the obsticles they have had to overcome you should not be quick to pass judgement.........

Home Reno News Story
Drive-By Changes Graduation Plans At Oakland School
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 – updated: 1:36 am PDT June 15, 2006

OAKLAND -- A top athlete at UC Berkeley returned to his high school alma mater in Oakland Wednesday afternoon, only to be caught in the middle of a wild shooting. The incident left no one injured, but forced the school to alter graduation plans out of safety concerns.

Cal's starting running back Marshawn Lynch is a graduate of Oakland Tech and a potential candidate for college football's Heisman Trophy. Lynch was visiting his younger sister on her last day at Oakland Tech on Broadway at 42nd Street when suddenly bullets started flying.

The shooting happened around noon. Witnesses say about five or six shots were fired toward a car near the campus.

No one was hurt, but school officials still scrambled to lock down the campus.

"They started locking the doors and the teachers started running down the hallways and started putting everyone in their classes," said Oakland Tech student Peter George.

"The car apparently had shots fired at it. It appears to be a case of mistaken identity, as no one in the car knew the shooter," said Kent Klintworth of the Cal athletic department. When asked if he felt Lynch was targeted, Klintworth confirmed the incident appeared to be completely random.

The incident led Oakland Tech officials to move the graduation ceremony scheduled to take place at the school Wednesday evening to the Paramount Theater. About two hundred graduates of the school celebrated their commencement at the historic Art Deco theater.

The shooting earlier in the day cast a pall over an otherwise festive occasion. Oakland police were on hand, virtually surrounding the location during the ceremony. Their presence was meant to help deter any possible violence after the incident.

Some graduating students were disappointed that the threat of violence marred this momentous day in their young lives; others took the disruption in stride.

"It happens around graduation time. It's one of those things you live with. That doesn't sound very good, …but it's just part of life as of now," said graduating senior Nora Larson.

Outside the theater, Marshawn Lynch's mother said that her son was at the campus visiting friends and just wanted to wish his sister well on her last day of school. She also said a representative of the shooter went to her home to tell her that Marshawn was not the intended target of the shooting and to apologize.

Exactly who the shooter was intending to go after isn't clear. Oakland police are continuing their investigation into the matter.

Sounds like it is almost thought of as an every day occurance to the people in the neighborhood Lynch grew up in....
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

kernowboy
02-16-2009, 09:14 AM
So its shoot or be shot

That's the same as excusing kids for carrying knifes just in case they might get threatened with one.

Professional athletes are supposed to be the role models for the you of today but look at the example they set.

If he is so scared about his personal safety, hire a bodyguard - he gets paid enough to do that

If you're an intelligent kid, given the chance to escape from the wrong side of the tracks - only the dumbest would want to go back once they've made it unless they are doing charity work etc.

I can't believe Lynch was there to do charity work

billogic99
02-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Whats the point in getting rich and escaping the piss poor condition you grew up in if you then return to those condition and get into trouble and risk losing the lifestyle you were so fortunate to be given? I'm sorry but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would be that dumb. You have the money to go anywhere and do anything you want and you choose to put yourself in a situation that could destroy your career and finacial stability, utterly idiotic.

ddaryl
02-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Marshawn was shot at a few times in his life in Oakland. I myself have toured some of the back city streets in many different cities... There is a whole different survival mentality for these guys, and when they become pro's and have money the armed survival skill doens't dissapear. IMO it is re-enforced by the fact that they now have so much to lose.

Heck Marshawns gold teeth would be reason enough for a blanket party beating...

none the less it is an issue and it was a law broken....

but for some reason as much as I loathe this situation, I like Marshawns football style and just hope he wisens up... BUT if he needs a suburban mentor I am more then willing to be that person.

ddaryl
02-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Whats the point in getting rich and escaping the piss poor condition you grew up in if you then return to those condition and get into trouble and risk losing the lifestyle you were so fortunate to be given? I'm sorry but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would be that dumb. You have the money to go anywhere and do anything you want and you choose to put yourself in a situation that could destroy your career and finacial stability, utterly idiotic.

So its shoot or be shot

That's the same as excusing kids for carrying knifes just in case they might get threatened with one.

Professional athletes are supposed to be the role models for the you of today but look at the example they set.

If he is so scared about his personal safety, hire a bodyguard - he gets paid enough to do that

If you're an intelligent kid, given the chance to escape from the wrong side of the tracks - only the dumbest would want to go back once they've made it unless they are doing charity work etc.

I can't believe Lynch was there to do charity work

in your early 20's your still carrying that teenager menatality... that's not going to change quickly. Your a product of your upbringing.... Ask yourself how your life turned out and then look back on your younger years and your 20's

For me I was still a party animal until I was in my late 20's. It wasn't till then that I started to really re-evaluate what I wanted in my life, and then it took me moving away from Buffalo...

These guys have so much cash they live in an alternate world of what was and no worries do what you want mentality... a dangeorus combination.

heck if I was to become welathy at 21 years of age I be dead today... I just had no real self control at a young age, and even today I require reminders of why I don't do certain activities anymore

billogic99
02-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Marshawn was shot at a few times in his life in Oakland. I myself have toured some of the back city streets in many different cities... There is a whole different survival mentality for these guys, and when they become pro's and have money the armed survival skill doens't dissapear. IMO it is re-enforced by the fact that they now have so much to lose.

Heck Marshawns gold teeth would be reason enough for a blanket party beating...

none the less it is an issue and it was a law broken....

but for some reason as much as I loathe this situation, I like Marshawns football style and just hope he wisens up... BUT if he needs a suburban mentor I am more then willing to be that person.

Wouldn't most people with an ounce of common sesne and money to spend spend their free time in places that wont jeprodize their future and possibly their lives? Lynch had no business being there in the first place, much less carrying a gun.

ddaryl
02-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Wouldn't most people with an ounce of common sesne and money to spend spend their free time in places that wont jeprodize their future and possibly their lives? Lynch had no business being there in the first place, much less carrying a gun.

its not as easy as you think to change your entire life skills in a few years... Especially when you are so welathy you really don't have to depend or listen to anyone anymore. Your basically a young adult with a free run and you utilize the way of life you know.

I've never been shot at before, but I know Marshawn has been in Oakland. Having that menatility that anyone can take a pop shot at you just doens't fade away. AND Marshawns friends and family are still living in these areas where the old gang bang menatality is thriving. he probably fears for his safety because he feared for it before

I don't condone what he did, but there is a deeper pattern here that most of us white suburanites don't understand

billogic99
02-16-2009, 10:00 AM
its not as easy as you think to change your entire life skills in a few years... Especially when you are so welathy you really don't have to depend or listen to anyone anymore. Your basically a young adult with a free run and you utilize the way of life you know.

I've never been shot at before, but I know Marshawn has been in Oakland. Having that menatility that anyone can take a pop shot at you just doens't fade away. AND Marshawns friends and family are still living in these areas where the old gang bang menatality is thriving. he probably fears for his safety because he feared for it before

I don't condone what he did, but there is a deeper pattern here that most of us white suburanites don't understand

It's not as easy as I think? Wow, are you serious? It's all about choices, the more money you have the more choices you have. The more money you have the better the choices are. He could have been back in Buffalo working with the boys club to improve the life of a young kid to help them out of the same kind of life he had growing up. He could have been doing a lot of things that didn't include sitting in a car with a gun in the trunk. He not only made a bad choice for himself, but his teammates. I'm sorry but Lynch isn't 10, he an adult with more advantages than 90% of the people on this site. There are ZERO excuses for his piss poor decisions.

VeggieMan14
02-16-2009, 10:08 AM
I agree that the backgrounds of the players are the majority of the reasons that players carry guns but they have enough money that they should be able to hire multiple bodyguards or look into the rules enough to know when and where they are allowed to have a gun and things like that

ddaryl
02-16-2009, 10:10 AM
It's not as easy as I think? Wow, are you serious? It's all about choices, the more money you have the more choices you have. The more money you have the better the choices are. He could have been back in Buffalo working with the boys club to improve the life of a young kid to help them out of the same kind of life he had growing up. He could have been doing a lot of things that didn't include sitting in a car with a gun in the trunk. He not only made a bad choice for himself, but his teammates. I'm sorry but Lynch isn't 10, he an adult with more advantages than 90% of the people on this site. There are ZERO excuses for his piss poor decisions.

all I was saying is there is a menatality ingrained in all these guys that does not just dissapear in the 1st few years of adulthood

you really do not understand how horrible and threatening life is in these cities... These guys carry gunbs becuase they were brought up knowing that they had to because nobody else was going to protect them...

Watch some of the documentaries about inner LA and Oakland streets... its a complete warzone...

Now think about all the veterans of wars. Thank about all those soldiers that came back from Vietnam... So many of them were screwed up for life... When your surrounded by violence and fear that menatality just doens't disspear once you get a good paying job.

In fact in pro sports these young adults are making more money then we will earn in a decade or a lifetime, and that type of financial freedom is not a good mixture for most young people. It took me years of scraping by with low paying jobs to really appreciate what I have and what I want in life... and I never had to fear for my life just an occasional run in with a school bully which didn't happen very often...

again Marshawn screwed up but you honestly believe that a person can just completely change direction immediatley and live a completely new and unfamiliar life at the drop of a hat. In some rare cases this happens, but most yound adults go though a metamorphis of changes over that 1st decade of adulthood. BUT again with a pro athlete making millions this can be a different road of learning.. some people only learn after screwing up.. some learn by getting lucky, and some do just wisen up... but I do beleive I understand where some of this athlete stupidity comes from

billsfanone
02-16-2009, 10:12 AM
You can take the ______ out of the ______, but you can't take the ______ out of the _________.

ddaryl
02-16-2009, 10:24 AM
You can take the ______ out of the ______, but you can't take the ______ out of the _________.

you can but in many cases this transformation takes years. Some people need to learn how to live differently...

I personally think Marshawn is the kind of guy who will learn and be a solid citizen, but he needs to learn a hard lesson and be humbled... Hopefully not getting off on this one, and facing the fans and media will be exactly what he needs to make the transformation.. but if he is hanging with his buddies back in the old neighborhoods it will be harder for him.

unfortunately I view Marshawn as a loyal guy.. like the realtionship him and fred Jackson formed. Loyalty is wonderful, but Marshawn is loyal to his old neighborhood, and those that come form similiar backgrounds. Marshawn is not a me guy, he will have a hard time cutting ties with old friends because of his loyal demeanor... that's just my opinion...

ddaryl
02-16-2009, 10:27 AM
I must add to this discussion.... that I viewed the hit and run more negatively then this situation... We have the right to bear arms in this country. If he was practicing gun safety then I really don't have to much problems with carying a gun.

BUT not being wise enough to follow local laws he deserves to be slapped for it

yordad
02-16-2009, 10:28 AM
So its shoot or be shot

I can't believe Lynch was there to do charity workYour right, only criminals should carry guns.

Also, athletes should be role models, not a kid's parents.

I mean, why would one want to visit his old neighborhood, or his old friends in the off season, unless of course he wanted to shoot one.

:down:

bigbub2352
02-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Not to hard of a scenario folks, Ignorance is key in this issue, u are a professional athlete, no need to have a gun or be sitting in a car with some hood rats u should be training, distancing urself from these people in order to have a successful career
Should have stayed in Buffalo away form the gangs and ghetto u came from learning how to be a better RB not out chillin with ur homies

jamze132
02-16-2009, 10:32 AM
How hard is it to stay away from your hometown, especially if it's a gangster paradise? I graduated in 96' and haven't been back since.

yordad
02-16-2009, 10:34 AM
I was hit by a tow truck the other day. He rammed me off the road and drove away. He claimed he didn't know he hit me, and although I tried to get charges filed, the police wouldn't even write a ticket.

Thought it was worth mentioning, and I honestly don't think he knew he hit me.

mybills
02-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Don't know the laws out there, but wouldn't it have been worse if he had the gun in his waistband or pocket?

mybills
02-16-2009, 10:42 AM
worse, as in, bigger charges/stiffer penalty?

kgun12
I am reading a lot of excuses here. Poor kid from poor community, rough neighborhood, lived a gangster live and hard to break it. I SAY IT"S ALL CRAP! Take the family out of there put them in a nice school in buffalo (there are plenty of them, hire a bodyguard for protection that can also drive a car when you go out to clubs. I am so sick of our society making excuses for all the problems kids are facing. The problem is the more crap they do the louder we yell the excuses. This country and society needs to get back to the mentally of "be accountable for your own actions"! My parents made all 4 of the sons live by this, I live by this today, make my boys live by this, I make my employees live by this and when I coached high school wrestling and baseball, I made my players live by the same standards!

Guess what; I have not been in trouble with the law or anywhere else nor has any of the folks I listed above while in my charge and for the most part now that those kids are out on there own. Somehow or someway, we need to start teaching right from wrong and make them accountable when the mess up.

To that point, as much as I like Lynch, he must serve what ever penalty comes with this charge, even if it means we lose him for part or all of the season. Maybe if he would have had to face the music for his problems last time he might not be in this situation now!

Pinkerton Security
How hard is it to stay away from your hometown, especially if it's a gangster paradise? I graduated in 96' and haven't been back since.

part of the culture. He is probably very proud of himself for making something of himself for coming out of such a rough neighborhood. Should he go back? No. Im sure there were people there who hated him in HS, in college, etc, and it was not smart to go there. But he did. I dont think hes a bad person at all, he just has some questionable judgement that is probably due to the surroundings in which he was brought up.

kgun12
02-16-2009, 10:48 AM
I am reading a lot of excuses here. Poor kid from poor community, rough neighborhood, lived a gangster live and hard to break it. I SAY IT"S ALL CRAP! Take the family out of there put them in a nice school in buffalo (there are plenty of them, hire a bodyguard for protection that can also drive a car when you go out to clubs. I am so sick of our society making excuses for all the problems kids are facing. The problem is the more crap they do the louder we yell the excuses. This country and society needs to get back to the mentally of "be accountable for your own actions"! My parents made all 4 of the sons live by this, I live by this today, make my boys live by this, I make my employees live by this and when I coached high school wrestling and baseball, I made my players live by the same standards!

Guess what; I have not been in trouble with the law or anywhere else nor has any of the folks I listed above while in my charge and for the most part now that those kids are out on there own. Somehow or someway, we need to start teaching right from wrong and make them accountable when the mess up.

To that point, as much as I like Lynch, he must serve what ever penalty comes with this charge, even if it means we lose him for part or all of the season. Maybe if he would have had to face the music for his problems last time he might not be in this situation now!

Let me add this, playing professional sports is a PRIVELGE most people will never get. I don't care if it's smoking pot or carrying a gun or parking in front of a fire hydrant, if it's against the law, you get 1 strike and then there should be a life time ban. Whether they want to be of not they are roll models, just look in the stands and see all the jerseys with there names on them!

VeggieMan14
02-16-2009, 10:50 AM
You can take the ______ out of the ______, but you can't take the ______ out of the _________.lets not bring michael vick into this discussion

kgun12
02-16-2009, 10:58 AM
lets not bring michael vick into this discussion

or R. Lewis, Harrison. L. Johnson, T.O, Packman, or the 100 other problem children in pro sports!

Like my 21 year old just said. Marshawn, it hasn't even been 5 months sense the Buress deal, don't these guys learn anything?

TacklingDummy
02-16-2009, 11:01 AM
or R. Lewis, Harrison. L. Johnson, T.O, Packman, or the 100 other problem children in pro sports!

T.O. doesn't belong in that group. As far as I know TO has never had off the field issues.

jamze132
02-16-2009, 11:02 AM
This is all Abraham Lincoln and the incompetent Confederate General's fault! :poop:

j/k

kgun12
02-16-2009, 11:03 AM
T.O. doesn't belong in that group. As far as I know TO has never had off the field issues.

Suicide attempt, causing major problems in the work place. Try doing some of the crap he did on the job, see how long you stay employed!

TacklingDummy
02-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Suicide attempt, causing major problems in the work place. Try doing some of the crap he did on the job, see how long you stay employed!

That's still nothing compared to being involved in a murder, shooting someone, beating up women, and everything that Pacman has did, hit & run, shooting himself in the leg etc...

The problem with TO is he doesn't hold anything back, most of the stuff he said was true.

Pinkerton Security
02-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Let me add this, playing professional sports is a PRIVELGE most people will never get. I don't care if it's smoking pot or carrying a gun or parking in front of a fire hydrant, if it's against the law, you get 1 strike and then there should be a life time ban. Whether they want to be of not they are roll models, just look in the stands and see all the jerseys with there names on them!

lifetime ban????? thats a bit harsh. i do believe marshawn should be punished, and I probably wont be upset with whatever he receives bc maybe t hen he will learn.

Pinkerton Security
02-16-2009, 11:07 AM
This is all Abraham Lincoln and the incompetent Confederate General's fault! :poop:

j/k
o lord..

billogic99
02-16-2009, 11:13 AM
all I was saying is there is a menatality ingrained in all these guys that does not just dissapear in the 1st few years of adulthood

you really do not understand how horrible and threatening life is in these cities... These guys carry gunbs becuase they were brought up knowing that they had to because nobody else was going to protect them...

Watch some of the documentaries about inner LA and Oakland streets... its a complete warzone...

Now think about all the veterans of wars. Thank about all those soldiers that came back from Vietnam... So many of them were screwed up for life... When your surrounded by violence and fear that menatality just doens't disspear once you get a good paying job.

In fact in pro sports these young adults are making more money then we will earn in a decade or a lifetime, and that type of financial freedom is not a good mixture for most young people. It took me years of scraping by with low paying jobs to really appreciate what I have and what I want in life... and I never had to fear for my life just an occasional run in with a school bully which didn't happen very often...

again Marshawn screwed up but you honestly believe that a person can just completely change direction immediatley and live a completely new and unfamiliar life at the drop of a hat. In some rare cases this happens, but most yound adults go though a metamorphis of changes over that 1st decade of adulthood. BUT again with a pro athlete making millions this can be a different road of learning.. some people only learn after screwing up.. some learn by getting lucky, and some do just wisen up... but I do beleive I understand where some of this athlete stupidity comes from

I just think you're making excuses for someone who doesn't deserve the excuses. Lynch did what he did because he wanted to, not because he couldn't escape his former lifestyle. I don't think it's fair to the people who live off a 38,000 dollars a year job and live in the same areas, but don't feel the need to carry guns or cover their teeth with gold or speak as if education was never offered to them much less a college education. Just people who work hard everyday and try to do the right things, while guy's with Millions of dollars in the bank are given a pass because they're sport stars.

The reason the gun laws are so tough in Califonia is because of drugs and shootings that happen more often then not with gang members and drugs. And Lynch is doing everything he can to give people the impression he endorses that lifestyle.

kgun12
02-16-2009, 11:13 AM
lifetime ban????? thats a bit harsh. i do believe marshawn should be punished, and I probably wont be upset with whatever he receives bc maybe t hen he will learn.

If I go to work and the piss testers are there and I test positive for coke guess what I get for first offense? A lifetime ban. We are told the rules, if we choose not to follow them oh well, we find a new job! If it was pot or alcohol, I might get one chance, if I test positive again, again lifetime ban! Not harsh, most of us understand, follow the rules and there isn't any problem.

Pinkerton Security
02-16-2009, 11:16 AM
If I go to work and the piss testers are there and I test positive for coke guess what I get for first offense? A lifetime ban. We are told the rules, if we choose not to follow them oh well, we find a new job! If it was pot or alcohol, I might get one chance, if I test positive again, again lifetime ban! Not harsh, most of us understand, follow the rules and there isn't any problem.

if you got caught with a gun in your trunk would you be fired?

yordad
02-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Why was he searched?

billogic99
02-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Why was he searched?

IMO, it was because Lynch and his friends looked like your typical drug dealers. If you were pulled over and you had no drugs, illeagal guns or a dead body in your car would you care if the police asked you if they could serch your vehicle? Most innocent people wouldn't.

justasportsfan
02-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Reasoning behind Marshawn carrying a weapon... he's an idiot. nuff said.

kgun12
02-16-2009, 11:40 AM
if you got caught with a gun in your trunk would you be fired?

ON THE SPOT! I am A Federal emploee and we are not allowed to have ANY firearms on the property. I will say before 9/11 probably not, but now, no questions asked!

Hell I can even get in trouble if a immediate family member gets in trouble, depending on what they do!

kgun12
02-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Why was he searched?

WHy is not the question anymore. Now he must become accountable for his actions!

yordad
02-16-2009, 11:52 AM
WHy is not the question anymore. Now he must become accountable for his actions!He doesn't have to be accountable for anything if there wasn't probable cause. So, it is in fact the first question that must be answered.

yordad
02-16-2009, 11:53 AM
IMO, it was because Lynch and his friends looked like your typical drug dealers. If you were pulled over and you had no drugs, illeagal guns or a dead body in your car would you care if the police asked you if they could serch your vehicle? Most innocent people wouldn't.It has happened to me about a dozen times, and I have cared EVERY SINGLE TIME!

yordad
02-16-2009, 11:55 AM
ON THE SPOT! I am A Federal emploee and we are not allowed to have ANY firearms on the property. I will say before 9/11 probably not, but now, no questions asked!

Hell I can even get in trouble if a immediate family member gets in trouble, depending on what they do!"On the property"? Was Lynch "on the property"?

billogic99
02-16-2009, 12:00 PM
He doesn't have to be accountable for anything if there wasn't probable cause. So, it is in fact the first question that must be answered.

Do you think given the circumstances in that part of the country the probable cause is possibly a bit different? Think about it, if you live in some small Maryland town where the biggest crime they've had in the last 30 years was ol Man Johnson running over a shrub in the center of town, or Central California where they have a murder due to some drug related issue daily what do you think the probable cause laws should be the same in both places? Or do you think that law is subject to change due to circumstance?

Pinkerton Security
02-16-2009, 12:05 PM
It has happened to me about a dozen times, and I have cared EVERY SINGLE TIME!

i agree, I used to get harassed in my home town because A) I was young and B) I would be driving home from a friend's house at 2 in the morning or later. I got pulled over and had 2 cop cars there, them giving me all the sobriety tests which i promptly passed bc im not stupid enough to drive drunk. It was so embarassing for me and I didnt do anythign wrong. I wrote a formal complaint to the town letting them know what an idiotic thing it was, and received what amounted to a "get out of jail" card.

so in essence i am trying to say cops will harass someone based on looks, and Marshawn was stupid enough to have a gun in his car. hopeflly he learns...have your friends bring the guns, and let them get in trouble!

Pinkerton Security
02-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Do you think given the circumstances in that part of the country the probable cause is possibly a bit different? Think about it, if you live in some small Maryland town where the biggest crime they've had in the last 30 years was ol Man Johnson running over a shrub in the center of town, or Central California where they have a murder due to some drug related issue daily what do you think the probable cause laws should be the same in both places? Or do you think that law is subject to change due to circumstance?

the law cant be interpreted differently just because its a different area.

kgun12
02-16-2009, 12:10 PM
"On the property"? Was Lynch "on the property"?

I like you are overreacting about this. The question TO ME WAS "if I brought a gun to work, would I be fired" The answer s yes causes it's federal property. If I wasn't on federal property the answer is NO, cause I have gone through ALL the legal steps of getting a carry permit!

Whether the search was legal or not, at this point to me doesn't matter, he was in possession of an illegal firearm. If it's against the law, it's against the law, all this other stuff is just stuff! Now it's time for this MAN to take responsibility and be accountable for his actions, He knew he is not allowed to carry a weapon, but chose to anyway. His bad, face the music!

yordad
02-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Do you think given the circumstances in that part of the country the probable cause is possibly a bit different? Think about it, if you live in some small Maryland town where the biggest crime they've had in the last 30 years was ol Man Johnson running over a shrub in the center of town, or Central California where they have a murder due to some drug related issue daily what do you think the probable cause laws should be the same in both places? Or do you think that law is subject to change due to circumstance?NO. That is called racial profiling!! And, not acceptable ANYWHERE!

yordad
02-16-2009, 12:19 PM
The question TO ME WAS "if I brought a gun to work, would I be fired" The answer s yes causes it's federal property. If I wasn't on federal property the answer is NO, cause I have gone through ALL the legal steps of getting a carry permit!
Actually it was......

if you got caught with a gun in your trunk would you be fired?He wasn't asking "If you brought it to work", because that would pertain. Lynch wasn't at work.

kgun12
02-16-2009, 12:20 PM
NO. That is called racial profiling!! And, not acceptable ANYWHERE!

There is a real simple way to stop racial profiling and it has to start with the group being profiled.

STOP FITTING THE PROFILE! :idunno:

yordad
02-16-2009, 12:21 PM
There is a real simple way to stop racial profiling and it has to start with the group being profiled.

STOP FITTING THE PROFILE! :idunno:Your right. One should stop being rich, young, and black. What was he thinking!!!!

This is America!!

kgun12
02-16-2009, 12:24 PM

Actually it was......
He wasn't asking "If you brought it to work", because that would pertain. Lynch wasn't at work.

This is the post that brought on his question about a gun in the trunk of my car. I am assuming (I know) he was staying with the theme of my post!

kernowboy
... what sort of moronic idiot buys gold teeth then hangs out in gang territory?

MikeInRoch

Same in both places. Period.

yordad
02-16-2009, 12:25 PM
This is the post that brought on his question about a gun in the trunk of my car. I am assuming (I know) he was staying with the theme of my post!I believe your assumption wouldn't make sense. It wouldn't be the same scenario. But, I can't speak for him, and am moving to the next point.

And, just because you tested positive at work, doesn't mean you did it in the work bathroom.

yordad
02-16-2009, 12:28 PM
... what sort of moronic idiot buys gold teeth then hangs out in gang territory?A Free One!! One who lives in American. One who is free from illegal searches. One who has Civil Rights.

kgun12
02-16-2009, 12:29 PM
Your right. One should stop being rich, young, and black. What was he thinking!!!!

This is America!!

So being "rich, young, and black" gives him the right to break the law? CRAP, EXCUSES! The man got caught in possession of an illegal gun, why defend this on a maybe the search was not legal. Like I said earlier, it's time to stop making excuses for stupidity, yes stupidity, step up and be accountable!!! WRONG IS WRONG AND I DON'T CARE WHAT RACE OR COLOR THE PERSON IS!!!

justasportsfan
02-16-2009, 12:34 PM
A Free One!! One who lives in American. One who is free from illegal searches. One who has Civil Rights.

If you're in gangland, anyone and everyone can be searched by cops. Yes, he was free to hang out there but he should be aware on the consequences if he chooses to do so.

bflobarry
02-16-2009, 12:39 PM
No one has EVER accused Marshawn of being the sharpest tool in the shed. Apparantly, the kid has a heart (and teeth) of gold. Good teammate, blah, blah, blah. But a rocket scientist, he ain't. He'll pay the price, but he didn't shoot anyone either....

yordad
02-16-2009, 12:42 PM
So being "rich, young, and black" gives him the right to break the law? CRAP, EXCUSES! The man got caught in possession of an illegal gun, why defend this on a maybe the search was not legal. Like I said earlier, it's time to stop making excuses for stupidity, yes stupidity, step up and be accountable!!! WRONG IS WRONG AND I DON'T CARE WHAT RACE OR COLOR THE PERSON IS!!!No. No excuse for the gun. You need no excuse for a gun that no one found. But, you need an excuse to find the gun, per the law!!

It is in the Bill of Rights.

yordad
02-16-2009, 12:44 PM
If you're in gangland, anyone and everyone can be searched by cops. Yes, he was free to hang out there but he should be aware on the consequences if he chooses to do so.Not according to the Bill of Rights.

justasportsfan
02-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Not according to the Bill of Rights.
That does not apply to gang related areas. Ask your local police.

Try going on a ride along with your local police dept. in bad areas.

PECKERWOOD
02-16-2009, 12:48 PM
I have absolutely ZERO problem with anybody carrying or owning a firearm, just go through the proper rules and regulations that comes with owning a firearm. I don't care if you're a celebrity Marshawn or Plaxico, you're no better than me. If I got pulled over and busted with a firearm that I didn't have a permit for I would cop a felony. Now that my thoughts are known about that, I think that the judge should reduce the charge from a felony to maybe a misdemeanor and stick Marshawn with a stiff fine and don't let him own a firearm again.

yordad
02-16-2009, 12:50 PM
That does not apply to gang related areas. Ask your local police.

Try going on a ride along with your local police dept. in bad areas.One of my degrees are in this area. I have spent a lot of time in the ghetto. And, have put many hours in with the PD, including ride alongs.

Police are not lawyers. I know more law then 90% of the police. And, I "correct" them ALL THE TIME.

You have been misinformed, and you speak of the exact state-of-mind of the police that I am referring to.

They don't have the right to change the law, and decide who has rights where. They are police, they are not the constitution! If you think I'm wrong, ask your local Lawyer.

ddaryl
02-16-2009, 12:51 PM
1st and foremost I agree Lynch is an idiot for putting himself in this situation..

I just think you're making excuses for someone who doesn't deserve the excuses. Lynch did what he did because he wanted to, not because he couldn't escape his former lifestyle. I don't think it's fair to the people who live off a 38,000 dollars a year job and live in the same areas, but don't feel the need to carry guns or cover their teeth with gold or speak as if education was never offered to them much less a college education. Just people who work hard everyday and try to do the right things, while guy's with Millions of dollars in the bank are given a pass because they're sport stars.

The reason the gun laws are so tough in Califonia is because of drugs and shootings that happen more often then not with gang members and drugs. And Lynch is doing everything he can to give people the impression he endorses that lifestyle.

not making excuses just putting a puzzle together.

I respect you being pissed off at him for being a douche and I agree... but there is an ingrained mentality that needs ot be worked out... and many of these people in these areas don't even make 20K a year and many more sling drugs to make a living because $8 an hour doesn't cut it anywhere. They could go to college but without good families to guide kids many don't have the upbringing necessary to succeed..

If it wasn't for my parents I would have blown off college but they pretty much guided me there and then paid for a 2 year degree, and it is the reason I have the job I have today. I had awesome parents.. and I got into trouble as a kid but they gave me the foundation I could lean on and depend upon to get my **** together over the years.. and I grew up in white suburbia of hamburg

marshawn had enough of a decent upbringing and he was lucky enough to make it through to college... and I still don't feel he is a complete waste like Pac Man Jones or Mike Vick .. but we see these types of actions from many pro athletes and they usually have strong ties ot inner cities

do you expect taliban muslims to change their minds today and be peaceful.. or Al Quiada or hamas or Isreal... they lived in these war areas for generations and that mentailty is deep... to a lesser extent this is what happens in inner cities and each generation it will get worse especially as more and more opportunities become scarce.

justasportsfan
02-16-2009, 12:56 PM
One of my degrees are in this area. I have spent a lot of time in the ghetto. And, have put many hours in with the PD, including ride alongs.

Police are not lawyers. I know more law then 90% of the police. And, I "correct" them ALL THE TIME.

You have been misinformed, and you speak of the exact state-of-mind of the police that I am referring to.

That don't have the right to change the law, and decide who has rights where. They are police, they are not the constitution! If you think I'm wrong, ask your local Lawyer.

Just an example.

If you have a bunch of kids standing in front of a small appliance store after business hours and aren't wearing uniforms of these establishments, cops can and will question these kids or disperse them. Local business establishments also need protection from the local law enforcers.

Who do you think allows/tells local enforcement to do these things? Local governement. Take it up with them.

Lawyers are not experts in peace and order either.

PECKERWOOD
02-16-2009, 12:59 PM
One of my degrees are in this area. I have spent a lot of time in the ghetto. And, have put many hours in with the PD, including ride alongs.

They don't have the right to change the law, and decide who has rights where. They are police, they are not the constitution! If you think I'm wrong, ask your local Lawyer.

You do have rights but police do a fantastic job of being oblivious to those rights.

Regardless, Marshawn was CLEARLY in the wrong. If they searched him and found nothing illegal, then there wouldn't be a problem, would there? It still goes with equal importance to say that if they searched him illegally and found nothing, then it wouldn't be so news worthy, would it? Nobody would care, and that's a damn travesty if you ask me. Most police know the law quite well my friend and alot of them blatanty disrespect your rights because they think either: A.) You're oblivious to your rights. B.) You're too much of a puss to stand up and correct them when they need to be corrected.

yordad
02-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Just an example.

If you have a bunch of kids standing in front of a small appliance store after business hours and aren't wearing uniforms of these establishments, cops can and will question these kids or disperse them. Local business establishments also need protection from the local law enforcers.

Who do you think allows/tells local enforcement to do these things? Local governement. Take it up with them.

Lawyers are not experts in peace and order either.Thats called loitering, and a crime. Driving a car with friends is not a crime. Until they make "driving a car with friends" a crime, the police have no reason to stop and unreasonably search them.

And I believe a lawyer would be familiar with loitering. In fact, an expert, by definition.

yordad
02-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Most police know the law quite well my friend and alot of them blatanty disrespect your rights because they think either: A.) You're oblivious to your rights. B.) You're too much of a puss to stand up and correct them when they need to be corrected.Well said.

Evidence found in a search without consent, without probable cause, or without a warrent isn't admissible in court.

justasportsfan
02-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Thats called loitering, and a crime. Driving a car with friends is not a crime. Until they make "driving a car with friends" a crime, the police have no reason to stop and unreasonably search them.

Even the local government agencies have their lawyers. We shall see if the DEA or Local government will support the local law enforcers in this situation.

Not all cops are smart but I doubt they were randomly pulled over or whatever the case may be or if there is just cause.

justasportsfan
02-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Well said.

Evidence found in a search without consent, without probable cause, or without a warrent isn't admissible in court. facts haven't been released yet. So we shall soon find out.

Neverthless, Lynch is still an idiot.

TacklingDummy
02-16-2009, 01:29 PM
facts haven't been released yet. So we shall soon find out.

Neverthless, Lynch is still an idiot.

I see many people jumping on ~Dummies "Trade Lynch bandwagon".

yordad
02-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Not all cops are smart but I doubt they were randomly pulled over or whatever the case may be or if there is just cause.I wouldn't doubt it if they had no reason other then profiling. Like I said, it has happened to me, literally over a dozen times.

In fact, literally 2 days ago I was threatened with arrest for telling a cop he wasn't doing his job right. This cop screamed at me, and argued with me for literally 3 hours, and I did nothing illegal (and yes, in the end, he seen it my way). This is a long story for a different forum though.

But, I do not know what their reasoning was. That is why I asked first. All I know is, they had better have one, I'm sure Lynch has a good lawyer, and I'm sure this was his very first question.

yordad
02-16-2009, 01:39 PM
facts haven't been released yet. So we shall soon find out.

Neverthless, Lynch is still an idiot.I can't argue with that, lol.

justasportsfan
02-16-2009, 01:50 PM
I wouldn't doubt it if they had no reason other then profiling. Like I said, it has happened to me, literally over a dozen times.

But, I do not know what their reasoning was. That is why I asked first. All I know is, they had better have one, I'm sure Lynch has a good lawyer, and I'm sure this was his very first question.

Both sides have lawyers ,so we shall see soon eough.

Racial profiling is wrong but if you're in gangland it will happen because gangs DO HAVE certain profiles. Dress like a whore and stand in a corner where they hang out, you can't blame people if they think you are one.

Best thing to do is stay away from such places.

yordad
02-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Culver City police did not immediately return a phone message seeking information about why officers first confronted Lynch and his companions.
Lynch's lawyer, M. Gerald Schwartzbach, said his client was not involved in a traffic accident and was in California visiting friends.
"This incident did not involve any violence," Schwartzbach told NFL Network. "Although I am in the process of gathering facts, my current understanding is that the weapon wasn't on Marshawn's person, he was not driving. This weapon was in the trunk."
link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ec15d2&template=without-video&confirm=true)

I'm pretty sure his lawyer is working several angles. I believe he will say that not only did they not have probable cause, they have no proof it was Lynch's gun.

MikeInRoch
02-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Both sides have lawyers ,so we shall see soon eough.

Racial profiling is wrong but if you're in gangland it will happen because gangs DO HAVE certain profiles. Dress like a whore and stand in a corner where they hang out, you can't blame people if they think you are one.

Best thing to do is stay away from such places.

Sure, you can't blame people for thinking you are one. But that doesn't mean you can be arrested for it.

mybills
02-16-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm not sure if anyone answered my question but here's a new one.

Is he gonna get jail time or not?

justasportsfan
02-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Sure, you can't blame people for thinking you are one. But that doesn't mean you can be arrested for it.I agree, but don't get suprised if a cop walks over to you and questions what business you have in that corner. If you have something ilegal on you and get caught you can't cry profiling.

yordad
02-16-2009, 02:20 PM
I agree, but don't get suprised if a cop walks over to you and questions what business you have in that corner. If you have something ilegal on you and get caught you can't cry profiling.YES YOU CAN. And, you have every right to be offended if you are HARRASSED by an officer for no reason.

Justa, you must not fit the profile. You must have never been the VICTIM of police profiling and harrassment. Congrats.

I can stand where ever I damn well please, and I shouldn't have to be subjected to an illegal seach on some dumb cops whim if I'm not committing a crime.

Police can ask themselves why I'm standing there all they want, but If they ask me, the answer is simple: Why not!

TacklingDummy
02-16-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure if anyone answered my question but here's a new one.

Is he gonna get jail time or not?

He'll take a plea, pay a fine, and stay out of jail. California prison system is already over crowded.

yordad
02-16-2009, 02:29 PM
He'll take a plea, pay a fine, and stay out of jail. California prison system is already over crowded.From what I can tell so far, I see him being found not guilty entirely. No fine. No suspension. And no jail time.

mybills
02-16-2009, 02:37 PM
He'll take a plea, pay a fine, and stay out of jail. California prison system is already over crowded.
For felony gun in your trunk possession?

Would he get jail time if it were in his waistband, or pocket?

yordad
02-16-2009, 02:58 PM
For felony gun in your trunk possession?

Would he get jail time if it were in his waistband, or pocket?It would be a little easier to prove he had possession at that point, so maybe. And, you need less of an excuse to have found it, being that is wasn't in a trunk.

kgun12
02-16-2009, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't doubt it if they had no reason other then profiling. Like I said, it has happened to me, literally over a dozen times.

In fact, literally 2 days ago I was threatened with arrest for telling a cop he wasn't doing his job right. This cop screamed at me, and argued with me for literally 3 hours, and I did nothing illegal (and yes, in the end, he seen it my way). This is a long story for a different forum though.

Again pofiling does just start out of the blue! They profile mid eastern folks cause they are the ones strapping bomb to themselves and in cars, they profile inter city kids for selling drugs and having guns cause there the ones selling drugs having the guns, in the suburbs they profile middle class white kids for possesion pot and coke, cause there the one buying the pot and coke. So to stop the profiling of these groups, you must first stop the act, then the profile changes and they all know the act is wrong! The excuse is that it's just part of the peer culture. Punish hard, be consistant don't give them excuses of light sentances and you can chane the culture. Make excuses and go easy and you have what we are dealing with today!

As far as Lynch having a good lawyer and that being the first question, I would have to say if the search was illegal this would all be a mute point! If everything was by the book, off to jail and throw the book at him!

justasportsfan
02-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Again pofiling does just start out of the blue!

They should've been in a F350 :up:

X-Era
02-16-2009, 03:40 PM
First off in no way do I condone carrying a loaded firearm in the trunk of your car

In today's society athletes have a "gangster" mentality and if you ask me have watched the movie scarface one too many times but honestly that is just me looking from the outside in.

I will not even get into much of a rant about the modern athlete and today's cutural influences ie: hip hop, etc and the correlation with violence

But I found this article and thought it was interesting as to the reasoning behind why Marshawn carries a gun

IMHO unless you know the type of environment these athletes come from and the obsticles they have had to overcome you should not be quick to pass judgement.........

Home Reno News Story

OAKLAND -- A top athlete at UC Berkeley returned to his high school alma mater in Oakland Wednesday afternoon, only to be caught in the middle of a wild shooting. The incident left no one injured, but forced the school to alter graduation plans out of safety concerns.

Cal's starting running back Marshawn Lynch is a graduate of Oakland Tech and a potential candidate for college football's Heisman Trophy. Lynch was visiting his younger sister on her last day at Oakland Tech on Broadway at 42nd Street when suddenly bullets started flying.

The shooting happened around noon. Witnesses say about five or six shots were fired toward a car near the campus.

"They started locking the doors and the teachers started running down the hallways and started putting everyone in their classes," said Oakland Tech student Peter George.

"The car apparently had shots fired at it. It appears to be a case of mistaken identity, as no one in the car knew the shooter," said Kent Klintworth of the Cal athletic department. When asked if he felt Lynch was targeted, Klintworth confirmed the incident appeared to be completely random.

The incident led Oakland Tech officials to move the graduation ceremony scheduled to take place at the school Wednesday evening to the Paramount Theater. About two hundred graduates of the school celebrated their commencement at the historic Art Deco theater.

The shooting earlier in the day cast a pall over an otherwise festive occasion. Oakland police were on hand, virtually surrounding the location during the ceremony. Their presence was meant to help deter any possible violence after the incident.

Some graduating students were disappointed that the threat of violence marred this momentous day in their young lives; others took the disruption in stride.

"It happens around graduation time. It's one of those things you live with. That doesn't sound very good, …but it's just part of life as of now," said graduating senior Nora Larson.

Outside the theater, Marshawn Lynch's mother said that her son was at the campus visiting friends and just wanted to wish his sister well on her last day of school. She also said a representative of the shooter went to her home to tell her that Marshawn was not the intended target of the shooting and to apologize.

Exactly who the shooter was intending to go after isn't clear. Oakland police are continuing their investigation into the matter.

Sounds like it is almost thought of as an every day occurance to the people in the neighborhood Lynch grew up in....
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
The reason he had a loaded gun can be summed up in two letters:

LA

Just watch a re-run of Boys in the Hood

kgun12
02-16-2009, 03:46 PM
The reason he had a loaded gun can be summed up in two letters:

LA

Just watch a re-run of Boys in the Hood

Don't care what the excuse is, the 2 words are stupid person!

See I could go to places where I know trouble is, but I chose not to go to them! Pretty simple! There's 2 more words that fit.

X-Era
02-16-2009, 03:50 PM

See I could go to places where I know trouble is, but I chose not to go to them! Pretty simple! There's 2 more words that fit.

:clap:

But if you were stupid, and did hang out in LA, its actually smart (for a stupid person) to carry a loaded weapon.

kgun12
02-16-2009, 03:58 PM
:clap:

But if you were stupid, and did hang out in LA, its actually smart (for a stupid person) to carry a loaded weapon.

Again I would go through the proper channels and get my permit. I have one for NY state and have also gotten permits from 31 one different states! So when I do have to be in bad places one of 3 pistols comes along for the ride!

TigerJ
02-16-2009, 04:05 PM
I understand it's much tougher to take the ghetto out of your superstaar athlete than to take the superstar athlete out of the ghetto, but other players have managed to make a break with their rotten environment growing up. At some point, everyone has to take responsibility for who they are and want to be. I hope Marshawn can begin to see that and take some ownership of the person he wants to be and makes the necessary lifestyle changes he has to make if he wants to keep what football has afforded him the opportunity to achieve. If not, Buffalo will eventually have to move on without him.

yordad
02-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Again pofiling does just start out of the blue! They profile mid eastern folks cause they are the ones strapping bomb to themselves and in cars, they profile inter city kids for selling drugs and having guns cause there the ones selling drugs having the guns, in the suburbs they profile middle class white kids for possesion pot and coke, cause there the one buying the pot and coke. So to stop the profiling of these groups, you must first stop the act, then the profile changes and they all know the act is wrong! The excuse is that it's just part of the peer culture. Punish hard, be consistant don't give them excuses of light sentances and you can chane the culture. Make excuses and go easy and you have what we are dealing with today!

As far as Lynch having a good lawyer and that being the first question, I would have to say if the search was illegal this would all be a mute point! If everything was by the book, off to jail and throw the book at him!
Again, clearly you haven't been the victim of police profiling. I wish I could say the same. But, whether or not I have been the victim of it, I still see it is wrong. Not only wrong, on many levels it is racist.

Awe man, Muslims carry bombs... strip search him, his name is Mohammad.

Awe man, last week I caught a Puerto Rican with heroin in his butt..... Jose, freeze! You and your family get on the ground!

Look, a black guy in a nice car.... pull him over for the fourth time this month, make him late to work for the third time, and get his booty fired. How dare he drive a better car then me, I know he's got to be sellin crack.

I mean, how have you never heard this is a PROBLEM?

Funny how some people are screaming for Lynch's head, saying he should be a role model, then stand there and commend racist cops for some dumb luck. What about the other 100 times they did it to someone with no "luck"? You don't see that, and because you never felt it, you don't care?

Now, I'm not saying these cops profiled, I'm saying I don't know. And, I am also saying your comments sound as if you are all for it. So, whether or not the cops were actually in the wrong, being an advocate of it either way says something. And, your comments have a racist theme. I'm not calling you racist, just saying I'm not sure you thought this out.

Besides, the biggest consumers of coke are probably well off middle aged white guys.

yordad
02-16-2009, 07:29 PM

See I could go to places where I know trouble is, but I chose not to go to them! Pretty simple! There's 2 more words that fit.Tell me K-gun. Do you search the trunk of your impressionable teenage cousin's trunk before you get in to cruise to the gas station for a pack of Cools? You are just assuming the worst.

kgun12
02-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Again, clearly you haven't been the victim of police profiling. I wish I could say the same. But, whether or not I have been the victim of it, I still see it is wrong. Not only wrong, on many levels it is racist.

Awe man, Muslims carry bombs... strip search him, his name is Mohammad.

Awe man, last week I caught a Puerto Rican with heroin in his butt..... Jose, freeze! You and your family get on the ground!

Look, a black guy in a nice car.... pull him over for the fourth time this month, make him late to work for the third time, and get his booty fired. How dare he drive a better car then me, I know he's got to be sellin crack.

I mean, how have you never heard this is a PROBLEM?

Funny how some people are screaming for Lynch's head, saying he should be a role model, then stand there and commend racist cops for some dumb luck. What about the other 100 times they did it to someone with no "luck"? You don't see that, and because you never felt it, you don't care?

Now, I'm not saying these cops profiled, I'm saying I don't know. And, I am also saying your comments sound as if you are all for it. So, whether or not the cops were actually in the wrong, being an advocate of it either way says something. And, your comments have a racist theme. I'm not calling you racist, just saying I'm not sure you thought this out.

Besides, the biggest consumers of coke are probably well off middle aged white guys.

I guess you only read parts of a post, because if you had, you would have seen that the post you qouted I said it was well off middle class white kids using coke!

Yes I have been profiled before, I work until midnight a lot and before I became a supervisor, went to work at midnight a lot. I get stopped atleast 2-3 times a month during the summer and about once a month during the winter. Why because it's late at night and I must have been drinking. Everytime they stop me, the first question is where are you coming from? I show them my federal ID card ans tell them I am an air trafic controller and supervisor and I'm just getting off of work. Most of the time they say something like what a stressful job or you can have that job and they say have a good night. I then ask, BTW why did you stop me and the favorite response is you went ovwer the light line back there or I seen you drifting, and again have a good night! My county had the highest conviction rate for DWI of any in NY state for about 12 years. Last year they lost the title and it doesn't sit well with them.

Yes stats show that like 70% of all driver out after midnight or so have been drinking, so they are profilng. See the difference for me is, I don't mind that they pull me over. I want them to let everyone know, if your drinking we are going to get you! I understand what they are trying to do and so what if they bother me, hopefully they will get the drunk that it going to ram me on my way home from work cause he was drunk. BETTER yet, they stop that person from getting behind the wheel, knowing they will stop you for the smallest thing!

kgun12
02-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Tell me K-gun. Do you search the trunk of your impressionable teenage cousin's trunk before you get in to cruise to the gas station for a pack of Cools? You are just assuming the worst.

The answer to that is too simple. If I know he is impressionable and trouble follows him, I don't get into the car with him. Call me silly, but it's that simple and I have family like that I avoid them like the plauge!

As far as assuming the worst, I can say that about you! I am assuming the cops did everything right or Lynch's lawyer if he was worth his salt would have had him out of any trouble before they left the station.

Tatonka
02-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Not to hard of a scenario folks, Ignorance is key in this issue, u are a professional athlete, no need to have a gun or be sitting in a car with some hood rats u should be training, distancing urself from these people in order to have a successful career
Should have stayed in Buffalo away form the gangs and ghetto u came from learning how to be a better RB not out chillin with ur homies

ex-****ing-actly.

Tatonka
02-16-2009, 09:26 PM

wait.. so your saying that someone is standing there and commending a racist cop for dumb luck..

i got an idea.. how bout lynch's ******ed ****ing ass doesnt have his loaded ****ing gun in the car?

are you saying that if he wasnt breaking the law he would have been charged with a felony?

i dont give a **** why he was pulled over honestly.. i could care less.. all i care about is that his stupid ass cant stay out of trouble which hurts the bills.. it causes distractions that are needless and this time it will probably get him suspended, and rightfully so.. honestly, if it is proven that it is his loaded gun, i would support more than a 4 game suspension, because a normal joe would get a lot more than that in the real world.. we are not talking about jail time for him.. we are talking about being suspended from an nfl game..

so i could care less about profiling.. if you dont give the ****ing cops a reason to arrest you, then you will be fine.. so dont ****ing hit people with your car and run and dont cruise the ****ing streets with your loaded gat in the ****ing trunk..

i have no sympathy for a ****er who makes millions to play a kids game and all he has to do is not get in fights.. not break the law.. and not be a total d-bag.. but clearly that is too much to ask and is worth millions to have "fun"

LtFinFan66
02-16-2009, 09:28 PM

Home Reno News Story

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->there is no reasoning....hire a body guard who can legally carry

LtFinFan66
02-16-2009, 09:29 PM
and for all of you playing the race card....STOP.....thank you

Tatonka
02-16-2009, 09:32 PM
i got a great idea... stay the **** OUT OF LA.

yordad
02-16-2009, 10:18 PM
I guess you only read parts of a post, because if you had, you would have seen that the post you qouted I said it was well off middle class white kids using coke!

Yes I have been profiled before, I work until midnight a lot and before I became a supervisor, went to work at midnight a lot. I get stopped atleast 2-3 times a month durin the summer and a bout once a month during the winter. Why because it's late at night and nd I must have been drinking. Everytime they stop me, the first question is where are you coming from? I show them my federal ID card ans tell them I am an air trafic controller and supervisor and I'm just getting off of work. Most of the time they say something like what a stressful job or you can have that job and they say have a good night. I then ask, BTW why did you stop me and the favorite response is you went ovwer the light line back there or I seen you drifting, and again have a good night! My county had the highest conviction rate of any in NY state for about 12 years. Last year they lost the title and it doesn't sit well with them.

Yes stats should that like 70% of all driver out after midnight or so have been drinking, so they are profilng. See the difference for me is, I don't mind that they pull me over. I want them to let everyone know, if your drinking we are going to get you! I understand what they are trying to do and so what if they bother me, hopefully they will get the drunk that it going to ram me on my way home from work cause he was drunk. BETTER yet, they stop that person from getting behind the wheel, knowing they will stop you for the smallest thing!LOL, oh, "Sorry to pull you over, and have a great day!"

You can't really believe that is as bad as it gets.

Try,

Cop: Get out. Leave your door open. Walk this line. Oh you passed, so take this breathalyzer. So you really aren't drunk. OK, now get on the ground. I don't care if it's gravel and your wearing shorts. Can I search your car? No? Well, now I'm suspicious. If you didn't have anything, you would let me search it. Partner, you suspicious? See, we're suspicious. So, you can lay on the gravel for an hour. We are going to call in the dog and see if it can smell something. But it doesn't really matter, because we are going to search it anyways. And, maybe have it towed.

Victim: So, Officer, let me get this straight. If I say you can search my car you will search it. And if I say you can't search my car, you will search it?

Cop: Yes, matter of fact, thankyou for leaving the door open, I see something suspicious. There seems to be an Advil bottle in your console. Partner, lets do it.

You are delayed an hour and a half, while laying on the gravel. They search your car completely. Find nothing. Mess up everything. Flatten a tire (god knows why, looking for drugs or something)

Cop: Well ok. Here is your ID back. Make sure you go straight home. I know your up to no good. If I see you driving in this town again, I will stop you again. We will keep in touch. What? We had to flatten your tire. You know your rights? You want to go to jail? Put your hands behind your back.

You are slammed on the hood of your car face first. Cuffs are put on so tight your wrist bleed. You are shoved, with no hands to protect you, face first into the back of a police car (worth noting the seats are hard plastic in some). They do end up towing your car because they pulled you over in a no-parking zone. You are brought in, booked, and thrown in a JAIL cell. They don't let you make a phone call til morning. Your bail is at the station within the hour. They tell your family if they bail you out, you'll just do IT again because that's what losers do. Your name is in the paper for disorderly conduct.

Seem fair? Well, at least they seemed to have a good time. It can get much worst. You get it thrown out of court as a conditional discharge. You never get your time back again.

Profiling. For every one time they get "lucky", many, many more get screwed. In the land of the Free.

yordad
02-16-2009, 10:25 PM
The answer to that is too simple. If I know he is impressionable and trouble follows him, I don't get into the car with him. Call me silly, but it's that simple and I have family like that I avoid them like the plauge!

As far as assuming the worst, I can say that about you! I am assuming the cops did everything right or Lynch's lawyer if he was worth his salt would have had him out of any trouble before they left the station.I am figuring him innocent until he is proven guilty. I am not assuming anything.

Tatonka
02-16-2009, 10:29 PM
hey yor.. if that happens to you..

move.

billogic99
02-16-2009, 10:32 PM
LOL, oh, "Sorry to pull you over, and have a great day!"

Try,

Cop: Get out. Leave your door open. Walk this line. Oh you passed, so take this breathalyzer. So you really aren't drunk. OK, now get on the ground. I don't care if it's gravel and your wearing shorts. Can I search your car? No? Well, now I'm suspicious. If you didn't have anything, you would let me search it. Partner, you suspicious? See, we're suspicious. So, you can lay on the gravel for an hour. We are going to call in the dog and see if it can smell something. But it doesn't really matter, because we are going to search it anyways. And, maybe have it towed.

Victim: So, Officer, let me get this straight. If I say you can search my car you will search it. And if I say you can't search my car, you will search it?

Cop: Yes, matter of fact, thankyou for leaving the door open, I see something suspicious. There seems to be an Advil bottle in your console. Partner, lets do it.

You are delayed an hour and a half, while laying on the gravel. They search your car completely. Find nothing. Mess up everything. Flatten a tire (god knows why, looking for drugs or something)

Cop: Well ok. Here is your ID back. Make sure you go straight home. I know your up to no good. If I see you driving in this town again, I will stop you again. We will keep in touch. What? We had to flatten your tire. You know your rights? You want to go to jail? Put your hands behind your back.

You are slammed on the hood of your car face first. Cuffs are put on so tight your wrist bleed. You are shoved, with no hands to protect you, face first into the back of a police car (worth noting the seats are hard plastic in some). They do end up towing your car because they pulled you over in a no-parking zone. You are brought in, booked, and thrown in a JAIL cell. They don't let you make a phone call til morning. Your bail is at the station within the hour. They tell your family if they bail you out, you'll just do IT again because that's what losers do. Your name is in the paper for disorderly conduct.

Seem fair? Well, at least they seemed to have a good time. It can get much worst. You get it thrown out of court as a conditional discharge. You never get your time back again.

Profiling. For every one time they get "lucky", many, many more get screwed. In the land of the Free.

Why are you trying to make this a racial thing? You act as if there is no history of drugs and viloence and Blacks. Marshaw broke the law, end of stroy. No one forced the guy to by a gun without a Licens? Or load it, or drive around with it in the trunk of the car. Lets try to stay focused on the crime, not look for excuses why somone else did something wrong other than a young black man named Marshawn Lynch.

Tatonka
02-16-2009, 10:35 PM
lynch had a ****ing gun in the car.. so the COPS DID THE RIGHT THING.

****. give me a break.

yordad
02-16-2009, 10:38 PM
hey yor.. if that happens to you..

move.Well then I suppose everyone who isn't a middle aged white guy who makes good money better just move. And, what ever you do, don't try to stand out in any way. Don't express yourself. Don't wear gold chains. Or your hat backwards. Or put a decal on your car. Or have a stereo. Or a hoodie. Or black clothes. Or a tie died tie shirt. Or do rags. And don't have corn rolls. Or dreads. Or a fro. Or a Mohawk. Or gold teeth. Or a piercing. Or a tattoo. And don't visit poor family members. Especially when your rich. And be home by dark.

And for heavens sake, don't sag your jeans.

Question is, where do we move? I'm still me. And profiling is still profiling.

yordad
02-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Why are you trying to make this a racial thing? You act as if there is no history of drugs and viloence and Blacks. Marshaw broke the law, end of stroy. No one forced the guy to by a gun without a Licens? Or load it, or drive around with it in the trunk of the car. Lets try to stay focused on the crime, not look for excuses why somone else did something wrong other than a young black man named Marshawn Lynch.Why did you quote a long post that mentions nothing about race at all, and ask me why I am trying to make this a race thing?

Profiling is taking a look, and assuming someone is a criminal at a glance.

billogic99
02-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Why did you quote a long post that mentions nothing about race at all, and ask me why I am trying to make this a race thing?

Is your argument not about racial profiling?

yordad
02-16-2009, 10:44 PM
lynch had a ****ing gun in the car.. so the COPS DID THE RIGHT THING.

****. give me a break.You don't hear about the 100 times they got it wrong.

yordad
02-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Is your argument not about racial profiling?It is about profiling. Young, black, Hispanic, hippy... an individual. Non conformed. Biker. Poor. A punk rocker.

Any profiling at all. An abuse of power. Who are they to judge at a glance.

Tatonka
02-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Why did you quote a long post that mentions nothing about race at all, and ask me why I am trying to make this a race thing?

and what lynch just did, by being that ******* that is illegally carrying a ****ing gun is just perpetuated the ****ing profiling..

good job pacman lynch.

yordad
02-16-2009, 10:53 PM
and what lynch just did, by being that ******* that is illegally carrying a ****ing gun is just perpetuated the ****ing profiling..

good job pacman lynch.The police and the media did the perpetuating. The 100 others wrongfully detained weren't news worthy. And, I don't care if it perpetuated 10X. Police should keep their prejudices to themselves. Let God, judges, and juries judge man. Not anyone of hundreds of thousand police.

Pinkerton Security
02-16-2009, 11:05 PM

good job pacman lynch.

i hope we can all agree that what lynch did was stupid. the question, and main hope of bills fans, is whether he knows it.

i am sick of the profiling that happens. However, i have to say I agree with you, and so do many other members of the black community: some high profile members of their culture have the future in their hands, and they perpetuate the stereotypes levied against them by making poor decisions.

whether it is fully their fault or the fault of the society they belong to is debatable, though i say it is almost an equal amount of each. If Marshawn is just a good dude who doesnt carry a gun and doesnt fit the gangsta niche, he is just another "sellout". Its almost a betrayal of their culture to be good humans who dont carry on the gangsta stigma. This may seem terribly racist but its the truth.

billogic99
02-16-2009, 11:08 PM
It is about profiling. Young, black, Hispanic, hippy... an individual. Non conformed. Biker. Poor. A punk rocker.

Any profiling at all. An abuse of power. Who are they to judge at a glance.

Were you there? Are you there daily? Do you see what they see, do you know what they know?" Who are you to make an accusation based on nothing? How do you know there wasn't a reason the police seached the vehicle? How do you know Lynch's friends weren't in trouble with the law before? How do you know there was an APB for a vehicle matching the same discription as the one Laynch was riding in? You don't know anyone of this, but you assume it was simply"Hey, they're black, they get serched"! I thin k you're the one profiling simply because you have no reason to assume anything, yet you do.

kgun12
02-16-2009, 11:16 PM
LOL, oh, "Sorry to pull you over, and have a great day!"

Try,

You said I probably haven't had to deal with profiling and I told you I did. But wait it was as bad as the profiling you dealt with so you dismiss it. Sound a little hypocritical to me.

The statement you made I put in bold, let me see if I get this right. For every one time they get "lucky"...by this do you mean haven't done anythin wrong?

...and many more get screwed...by this you mean were doing something illegal? Cause if in both cases you mean what I read, it's sound like the good guy wasn't lucky, he was following all the laws and the ones that got screwed were doing something illegal!

Tatonka
02-16-2009, 11:18 PM
You don't hear about the 100 times they got it wrong.

because i dont give a **** about those 100 times that it doesnt effect the bills.

im sure there is a different board for social inequality and all that fun stuff.. but im really not interested in it.. not that i agree with it.. i just dont care.. if you dont want to be profiled by cops then A) move and B) stop doing dumb **** to perpetuate the profiling, mr. lynch.

billogic99
02-16-2009, 11:56 PM
because i dont give a **** about those 100 times that it doesnt effect the bills.

im sure there is a different board for social inequality and all that fun stuff.. but im really not interested in it.. not that i agree with it.. i just dont care.. if you dont want to be profiled by cops then A) move and B) stop doing dumb **** to perpetuate the profiling, mr. lynch.

Can't argue with common sense.

kernowboy
02-17-2009, 02:44 AM
A lot of work against terrorism is based on profiling.

People are suggesting profiling is a bad thing.

Over in the UK I work for the police, and there is no such thing as profiling. However officers are taught to observe what seems unusual, strange or simply out of place and to challenge that.

It may well have been that the behaviour of Lynch and his friends, the area they were in, and their responses, gave the officer reasonable cause to be disatisfied with what they'd heard and implement a more detailed search of the car, and find the loaded weapon.

It would not surprise me to hear that Lynch might have been cocky and disrespectful to the officer in the incident giving the impression he had something to hide - which of course he did.

It was very sad and disappointing to hear the apologists for Lynch trying to slander the officer by suggesting that race played its part, rather than commend the officer for doing their job and looking to keep the streets safer.

LtFinFan66
02-17-2009, 06:20 AM
Leave the race card out of this. Thank you

use the dumbass card instead

BleedinGreenNC
02-17-2009, 06:28 AM
I agree, it doesnt matter what race you are, break the law and suffer the penalty. I grew up around guns all my life, and i have guns now, but there is a difference, i have a concealed weapons permit, and i dont carry mine to look cool and be part of the group, i carry mine just in case.

yordad
02-17-2009, 07:00 AM
Were you there? Are you there daily? Do you see what they see, do you know what they know?" Who are you to make an accusation based on nothing? How do you know there wasn't a reason the police seached the vehicle? How do you know Lynch's friends weren't in trouble with the law before? How do you know there was an APB for a vehicle matching the same discription as the one Laynch was riding in? You don't know anyone of this, but you assume it was simply"Hey, they're black, they get serched"! I thin k you're the one profiling simply because you have no reason to assume anything, yet you do.The Bill of Rights is still The Bill of Rights everywhere in America. The only time you do not have these rights is when you are a prisoner. The Police can't abuse your rights just to find a way to make you a prisoner. Not in America.

yordad
02-17-2009, 07:01 AM
I agree, it doesnt matter what race you are, break the law and suffer the penalty.No one is arguing against that.

Pinkerton Security
02-17-2009, 07:07 AM
I agree, it doesnt matter what race you are, break the law and suffer the penalty. I grew up around guns all my life, and i have guns now, but there is a difference, i have a concealed weapons permit, and i dont carry mine to look cool and be part of the group, i carry mine just in case.

to that i would argue that marshawn, where he was when this happened, probably needed it more than most.

yordad
02-17-2009, 07:15 AM
You said I probably haven't had to deal with profiling and I told you I did. But wait it was as bad as the profiling you dealt with so you dismiss it. Sound a little hypocritical to me.

The statement you made I put in bold, let me see if I get this right. For every one time they get "lucky"...by this do you mean haven't done anythin wrong?

...and many more get screwed...by this you mean were doing something illegal? Cause if in both cases you mean what I read, it's sound like the good guy wasn't lucky, he was following all the laws and the ones that got screwed were doing something illegal!That sounds naive to me. You think you understand police harrassment? Police abuse of athority? You got pulled over late at night for swerving. You got a "have a nice day". Seriously, you have to be kidding. I tried to enlighten you, but some do not want enlightened.

Along with everything else you've gotton wrong in this thread, you misinterpreted what I wrote. So much so, you had to have tried to.

The police get "lucky" 1 out of 101. 100 innocent victims get abused by the police and their profiling. Keep in mind, these aren't exact numbers. There aren't stats on this. The % for police getting lucky might be lower. You only hear about it because the 100 aren't news worthy, the 1 is.

You ever thought the fact they pull over 10X more people that fit their profile is actually what perpetuates their profile?

I am done arguing this with you. I have laid it out like laminate flooring. In the end it is plain and simple: In America, profiling cannot be tolerated. It is a very slippery slope. And, I know you would agree if it was your wife on the gravel.

BleedinGreenNC
02-17-2009, 08:04 AM
to that i would argue that marshawn, where he was when this happened, probably needed it more than most.

Then i ask two questions to that:

1. Why would he put himself in an area where he knew there was issues?

2. Why doesnt he have a legal concealed permit?

Pinkerton Security
02-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Then i ask two questions to that:

1. Why would he put himself in an area where he knew there was issues?

2. Why doesnt he have a legal concealed permit?

theres no good reason. he shouldnt have been there. shouldnt have had the gun. im not condoning what he did, but there's a reason he had it.

billogic99
02-17-2009, 08:41 AM
The Bill of Rights is still The Bill of Rights everywhere in America. The only time you do not have these rights is when you are a prisoner. The Police can't abuse your rights just to find a way to make you a prisoner. Not in America.

The Police aren't abusing anyones rights because they feel they have probable cause to search you or your vehicle. I think you're going way overboard with whatever your agneda is. Like I said, you weren't there and you don't know why the police decided to serach the vehicle. But obviosly they new something cause they found an illegal wepon in the car. So you can try and twist this and make it about something else, but you can't explain away why Lynch was in the place he was in, in possesion of an illegal firarm. And BTW what about the Police officers rights to be safe and protect themselves? If these high crime areas were safe the Cops wouldn't have to be as cautious. You only see what you want to see and you don't see the whole picture.

yordad
02-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Facts:

1. I do not know if the police used profiling
2. Profiling is wrong, and Americans are protected against it
3. You don't know if the police used profiling
4. If the police used profiling, then they were in the wrong
5. I don't know if it was Lynch's gun
6. I don't know if Lynch did anything illegal
7. We don't know if they had probable cause becasue if they had any, they have yet to make it public
8. It isn't obvious they knew anything, if you search enough trunks, your bound to find something illegal eventually
9. If they cannot prove probable cause, the evidence they found cannot be used against him in the court of law
10. If they cannot prove it is his gun, he will be found not guilty

justasportsfan
02-17-2009, 10:33 AM
If it's racial profiling, Lynch brought it upon himself by being stupid.

Does racial profiling exist, yes it does. every race and not only african americans . Don't want to be a victim ? Then don't put yourself in a situation to be racially profiled by anyone by being in places you shouldn't be.

yordad
02-17-2009, 10:48 AM
If it's racial profiling, Lynch brought it upon himself by being stupid.

Does racial profiling exist, yes it does. every race and not only african americans . Don't want to be a victim ? Then don't put yourself in a situation to be racially profiled by anyone by being in places you shouldn't be.What? Being black in that area give the police a good reason to harrass you?

Listen to your own words.... "Lynch brought racial profiling on himself".....I mean seriously?

MikeInRoch
02-17-2009, 12:50 PM
The Police aren't abusing anyones rights because they feel they have probable cause to search you or your vehicle.

So the police can do anything they 'feel like'? What if they 'feel like' you were going too fast, with no actually evidence to support it? Can they write you a speeding ticket? What if they 'feel like' you look threatening, so they decide they should be able to go in and search your house, taking a bunch of stuff down to the station to investigate? What the heck, they 'felt like' it was a good idea.

justasportsfan
02-17-2009, 12:53 PM
What? Being black in that area give the police a good reason to harrass you?

Listen to your own words.... "Lynch brought racial profiling on himself".....I mean seriously?

I don't have Lynch's profile and yet I would not be caught in an area where Triads or latin kings hang out as not to be mistaken for one of them. It's that simple.

yordad
02-17-2009, 01:53 PM
I don't have Lynch's profile and yet I would not be caught in an area where Triads or latin kings hang out as not to be mistaken for one of them. It's that simple.1st, I highly doubt you know anything about that area. 2nd, the Latin Kings are Latin, not black. 3rd, the Triads are Asian, not black. 4th, and most important, profiling is against every sigle Americans constitutional rights. 5th, what you are saying is the police have the right to harrass and search every single person there.

In short, I disagree.

justasportsfan
02-17-2009, 02:00 PM
1st, I highly doubt you know anything about that area. 2nd, the Latin Kings are Latin, not black.
I think I know that since people think I am one or the other. (I am a mix of both and more). If you think both asians and latins don't get racial profiled in such areas where both races are notoriuos then I'm letting you know.

5th, what you are saying is the police have the right to harrass and search every single person there. Take it up with the city if you think it's harrassment because the cops are allowed and told to do so in bad areas.

Seems to me if the cops don't do it, they get crap from businesses in those areas and if they do, they get crap from these guys too. Damned if the do damned if they don't.

yordad
02-17-2009, 02:20 PM
They are not allowed to do it. It is against your civil rights. Plan and simple. If they cannot prove probable cause, the evidence will be thrown out of court. Plain and simple.

justasportsfan
02-17-2009, 02:25 PM
They are not allowed to do it. .
wrong. It's part of protecting local businesses. They do it all the time . They wouldn't do it if the local governement tells them not to.

yordad
02-17-2009, 02:29 PM
wrong. It's part of protecting local businesses. They do it all the time . They wouldn't do it if the local governement tells them not to.Um... no. I am not going back and forth on this. If you refuse this knowledge and info, that is up to you. They cannot not make laws that infringe upon your civil rights. Says the Supreme Court.

No where in America is it allowed.

justasportsfan
02-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Um... no. I am not going back and forth on this. If you refuse this knowledge and info, that is up to you. They cannot not make laws that infringe upon your civil rights. Says the Supreme Court.

No where in America is it allowed.

well, it happens here and western NY all the time. You should come over sometime.

billogic99
02-17-2009, 02:47 PM
So the police can do anything they 'feel like'? What if they 'feel like' you were going too fast, with no actually evidence to support it? Can they write you a speeding ticket? What if they 'feel like' you look threatening, so they decide they should be able to go in and search your house, taking a bunch of stuff down to the station to investigate? What the heck, they 'felt like' it was a good idea.

Whats to stop someone from walking up to you or anyone else with a gun and blowing your head off? Nothing! But that's ok, those people have rights. They have the right to kill you before they go to jail and spend the rest of their lives behind bars....if they're caught.

Hows that for rights? You seem to think the police are the bad guy's because they don't always stick to the letter of the law in keeping the streets safe, well the crimnals don't follow the letter of the law either, why is it you aren't spending page after page reminding everyone how unlawful the crimnals are and how the rights of the Police oifficers and innocent victims are violated daily by crimnals who don't follow the law to the letter? Seriously, I feel sorry for those whos view of a cause is assbackwards.

justasportsfan
02-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Whats to stop someone from walking up to you or anyone else with a gun and blowing your head off? Nothing! But that's ok, those people have rights. They have the right to kill you before they go to jail and spend the rest of their lives behind bars....if they're caught.

Hows that for rights? You seem to think the police are the bad guy's because they don't always stick to the letter of the law in keeping the streets safe, well the crimnals don't follow the letter of the law either, why is it you aren't spending page after page reminding everyone how unlawful the crimnals are and how the rights of the Police oifficers and innocent victims are violated daily by crimnals who don't follow the law to the letter? Seriously, I feel sorry for those whos view of a cause is assbackwards.
Cops are only bad people until we need their protection.

It's their job to prevent such incidents and not only being there after the fact. Making judgement calls is part of their job. If they were around conspicuous people and did nothing and something escalates into something fatal, cops will be considered negligent. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

yordad
02-17-2009, 02:58 PM
well, it happens here and western NY all the time. You should come over sometime."Allowed" and "done" are 2 different things. I am not saying it isn't "done", I am saying it isn't "allowed".

If you have been the subject of profiling, you have been the victim.

justasportsfan
02-17-2009, 03:02 PM
"Allowed" and "done" are 2 different things. I am not saying it isn't "done", I am saying it isn't "allowed".

If you have been the subject of profiling, you have been the victim.
If it isn't allowed then the WNY law enforcement will cease to exist. It's still here and as a matter of fact, caught Hargrove. FYI. here in Rochester, our Mayor was the former police chief. It was done during his time and it is still done/allowed today. I'm sure it's the same in other areas.

dplus47
02-17-2009, 03:44 PM
people in all these threads are acting like culver city is the ghetto. it's not. it's actually a pretty affluent area. sony studios and culver studios are located there.

that's not to say that it's crime-free or anything, but this didn't happen in "the hood." it's not a very smart thing to be up to no good in someplace like culver city, because they're geographically small and have their own police department. better to be somewhere that's "los angeles" because there are far fewer cops per person.

it might also be a more likely place to get "profiled," but i think the people hoping for illegal search and seizure are just engaging in wishful thinking. we'll see.

im4bflo
02-17-2009, 04:57 PM
If Marshawn would of hit the cop with his car, he would be in less trouble :snicker2:
"Just keep quiet, we didn't see him"