PDA

View Full Version : Trading Lynch!? are you kidding me!?

BillsWin
02-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Lynch is probably the only guy we have on the team that actually plays to win. He carries the low talent "high motor" guys we have on his back EVERY game. He never takes a play off. Despite being surrounded by incompitence, he has preformed well in his first two years and shows improvment.

He has a slip up with the law and you fans jump on him like a piece of meat thrown to the wolves.

When Vick or Pacman got in trouble several people said we should sign them. As well as Tank or any other pro-bowler with a record.

We don't even have all the facts yet and people want to trade our best player.

Heres the truth. The gun was in the trunk. He wasn't firing bullets at anyone, he wasnt even showing it off. But now he is not worth **** to anyone of us?

Personally, Lynch is one of the reasons I still watched the Bills even after it made me sick to my stomach last season.

You think Ralph and the organization is at fault? When do the fans get some of the blame. Go ahead and chase the best players out of town.

You've already hurt Whitner with some of your ridiculous comments.

You people are horrible. get the freaking facts. Seriously.

this is the downside to being a fan, and working in the business. I have to read comments like these and ignore them, be nuetral. Whatever. Make me want to vommit.

Here is the sad truth. Some of the best athletes in pro sports come from bad backgrounds. You can either chose to work with that, and place the kid in a better enviornment for success, or you can throw them to the dogs.

We are not trading Lynch. Get over yourselves.

Mediocracy is bred from idiocy. :poop:

BillsWin
02-16-2009, 02:20 PM
keep the negative rep coming folks.

TacklingDummy
02-16-2009, 02:25 PM
If they can get low first round or early 2nd round pick for Lynch than the Bills should make the move.

He's not that great of a running back and he is no JP Losman when it comes to the community.

Mitchell55
02-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Dude you are 100% right. I just made the same exact post lol.

BillsWin
02-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Tackling dummy I usually agree with you, but I would not trade lynch over this unless I got a top 10 to 15 pick and even then Id need good reason to.

BillsWin
02-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Dude you are 100% right. I just made the same exact post lol.
well I am glad someone agrees with me.

Mitchell55
02-16-2009, 02:30 PM
If they can get low first round or early 2nd round pick for Lynch than the Bills should make the move.

He's not that great of a running back and he is no JP Losman when it comes to the community.

So we are going to trade one of most talented and most fun players in the league for a 2nd. All that does is give us another need. We completely decline.

ddaryl
02-16-2009, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't but then again if someone wanted to offer us a 1st rd pick for him the Bills might be tempted since we have Jackson, and can get another RB with the pick.

but I would prefer keep him and hope to hell he wisens the **** up soon

VeggieMan14
02-16-2009, 02:37 PM
There is no need for that he is a good guy he just got caught doing what every other player in the NFL does

ddaryl
02-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Heres the truth. The gun was in the trunk. He wasn't firing bullets at anyone, he wasnt even showing it off. But now he is not worth **** to anyone of us?

Personally, Lynch is one of the reasons I still watched the Bills even after it made me sick to my stomach last season.

You think Ralph and the organization is at fault? When do the fans get some of the blame. Go ahead and chase the best players out of town.

this is the downside to being a fan, and working in the business. I have to read comments like these and ignore them, be nuetral. Whatever. Make me want to vommit.

Here is the sad truth. Some of the best athletes in pro sports come from bad backgrounds. You can either chose to work with that, and place the kid in a better enviornment for success, or you can throw them to the dogs.

well the gun being in the trunk shows some intelligence, not enough but some

I agree but he is becoming a liability. 2 incidents in less then a year... he needs to wisen up, grow up, and bend over backwards to make this right for himself his teammates and the fans that actually really like the guy.

I love watchng him play because you know he cares and he plays every down like it might be his last.. and he is also a bit of clown on the sidelines which is fun to watch too

Mitchell55
02-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Hes not a thug. He didnt harm anyone, endanger anyone, threaten anyone, all he did was forgot to get a permit. Thats it. Nothin major. No drugs, running over college girls, or DWI. Just forgetting to get the permit.

ddaryl
02-16-2009, 02:43 PM
I only fear what's next.. there is a pattern developing and gun in the trunk could mean gun being used next time.

but lets see how he handles the media storm. You can tell a sicnere regret from the not so sincere appologies...

ddaryl
02-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Hes not a thug. He didnt harm anyone, endanger anyone, threaten anyone, all he did was forgot to get a permit. Thats it. Nothin major. No drugs, running over college girls, or DWI. Just forgetting to get the permit.

umm I believe he was drinking when he had the hit and run it was just never proven.. that is 2 incidents right there that he got a slap on the wrist for..

lets hope this one really makes him take a look at himself

Mitchell55
02-16-2009, 02:47 PM
umm I believe he was drinking when he had the hit and run it was just never proven.. that is 2 incidents right there that he got a slap on the wrist for..

lets hope this one really makes him take a look at himself

Inocent untill proven guilty. As of right now, he wasnt drunk.

kernowboy
02-16-2009, 02:50 PM

tell that to the woman he hit with his Cayenne.

And the Commissioner doesn't require legal guilt to slap a four game suspension on him.

Once is unfortunate, twice is a habit.

yordad
02-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Lynch has never been convicted of a crime, yet the sky is falling.

yordad
02-16-2009, 02:54 PM
tell that to the woman he hit with his Cayenne.

And the Commissioner doesn't require legal guilt to slap a four game suspension on him.

Once is unfortunate, twice is a habit.I believe it takes 21 times before something becomes a habit.

ddaryl
02-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Inocent untill proven guilty. As of right now, he wasnt drunk.

but we know and he knows and its something to be concerned about

kernowboy
02-16-2009, 03:00 PM
It is quite possible that the Chargers or Buccanners might be interested in a trade and this might give us a pick at No16 or at No19.

Chris Wells or Knowshon Moreno would be available if we wanted a like for like replacement.

But numerous teams have proven you do not need to draft a R1 Running Back to find a successful running back. Forte and Slaton proved that only last year.

So we could draft another Running Back as low as R3 and still get able support for Fred Jackson.

And with that extra selection, we could draft Alex Mack, who would help any RB, a DT to help Stroud and Williams, a LB like Laurinitas to put alongside Pozluzny and Mitchell, and provide an even better LB corps, a TE to help out Edwards etc. plus use our own No1 pick on a DE.

When we already have depth on the roster at RB and a battery of needs elsewhere it makes the decision to trade for good value the right one.

Lynch may get 1,000yds+ every season, but unless we upgrade elsewhere it will not end the playoff drought.

By using a R1 pick to upgrade elsewhere, Jackson or someone like Jennings could also get a 1,000yds+ and we'll be in the post season.

And if Lynch is found guilty, might that prove problematic with playing at the SkyDome?

Lynch, last season and now this is a distraction who seems to lack the intelligence to learn. Let him become someone else's headache.

justasportsfan
02-16-2009, 03:33 PM

Lynch for LT and their 2nd pick :up:

PECKERWOOD
02-16-2009, 03:37 PM
OK, I'm just saying that if the right offer came along I would. Realistically it won't happen but it's the offseason and this is the time of the year where dreamers rule the boards.

justasportsfan
02-16-2009, 03:40 PM
He's not going anywhere. Niether is Trent nor Turd.

madness
02-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Add a poll to this thread.

Who has a smaller frontal lobe?

Marshawn for driving around with a gun in his trunk

Fans who think Marshawn should be traded

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-16-2009, 03:46 PM
he was also involved in a hit & run here in Buffalo

Story Published: Jun 1, 2008 at 6:07 PM EST

Buffalo Police are investigating a hit-and-run accident involving a car registered to Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch. Police will not say whether or not the player was in the car at the time, but that vehicle is now in police custody.

The hit-and-run happened at the intersection of Delaware Avenue and Chippewa around 3:30am Saturday morning, right around the time the downtown bars close. A woman was struck and witnesses tell 7 News they saw her on her side, laying on the double yellow line.
http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/19442684.html

later he pleaded guilty and had his license revoked, He also imposed the maximum $100 fine and $50 surcharge.

X-Era
02-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Lynch is probably the only guy we have on the team that actually plays to win. He carries the low talent "high motor" guys we have on his back EVERY game. He never takes a play off. Despite being surrounded by incompitence, he has preformed well in his first two years and shows improvment.

He has a slip up with the law and you fans jump on him like a piece of meat thrown to the wolves.

When Vick or Pacman got in trouble several people said we should sign them. As well as Tank or any other pro-bowler with a record.

We don't even have all the facts yet and people want to trade our best player.

1) I almost want to agree with your "gun was in the trunk" arguement. However, the law is the law.

2) He didnt just have a brush with the law. Hes made repeated appearances on the law's radar. Guilty or notr, hes not helping himself. And that raises the question about character with the guy, do you know people that are good people that still cant manage to steer clear of the law?

3) Lynch has been my favorite Bill in the past decade. I dont want to change my opinion until I hear all the facts. But it sucks. I love what he brings to the table and now this.

4) I could see the Bills trading Lynch based on his questionable character at this point. I hate it. Because I dont think we will end up better off as far as production on the field, but with the importance of character that the Bills talk about. I think hes likely traded. And if not this year (and it may not be), I can see trading him being on the forefront of the Bills brass's minds.

dplus47
02-16-2009, 03:59 PM
why would somebody trade a mid to low first for a running back when they can just draft one there?

running back in the NFL is generally a short career, and guys who are drafted can often come in and contribute right away. so why trade a high pick for somebody with wear on his tires, and somebody who now shows a tendency toward getting in trouble, regardless of how serious or unserious we may think that trouble is?

from the bills' POV, if you think there's a chance marshawn will get into trouble again, and somebody makes a high offer for him, you're stupid if you don't trade him. buy low and sell high...

or in this case, buy high and sell high, if you can get a buyer. lynch is only getting older, and he doesn't appear to be getting wiser. i'm not saying he's a horrible human being or anything, because i don't know him. he does appear to be a liability to the organization, and he plays a position that's easily replaceable via the draft.

that said, the bills probably will keep him and keep him on a short leash. i doubt they'll get trade offers. we'll see...

historypete
02-16-2009, 04:27 PM

Sorry, but you don't just forget to get a pistol permit. This guy has an agent and lawyers. He should be smart enough to at least have them start the paperwork to get him a permit. If he needs protection hire a bodyguard until you get that permit. There is no excuse for this to happen, especially considering the severity of the crime.

Plus, everyone should also keep in mind that this charge will probably affect his probation. If he gets violated for that then this mess gets deeper. As for stating an opinion on whether we should keep him or not, I'll wait until this has been settled, but as of right now despite his talent he is becoming a bigger headache by the day.

jimbohastle51
02-16-2009, 04:28 PM
they are not going to even think of trading him until they find an outcome or know which way this thing is going. i read a couple different articles on this and the gun was in the trunk, and the gun was determined to be lynch's that doesnt mean that lynch said it was his gun, that means the cop decided through whatever process he went through that it was lynch's gun and he is innocent till proven guilty. without that gun being on his person and without him saying "that is my gun", weather there are prints or not (because just cause he touched it doesnt mean its his) this could be a drawn out trial, and the NFL wont suspend him until the legal action has taken place (they did that last year with chris henry and then he had his charges dropped and they looked like judgemental @$$'$). you cant suspend someone for no reason. larry johnson had witnesses surrounding his case last year, and plaxico shot himself with the gun and was seen taking it out of his pants/coat. this lynch thing could be dragging on for quite awhile unless one of his 2 boys turn on him or one of then may just say "it was my gun".

Jan Reimers
02-16-2009, 04:45 PM
I am bothered both by Marshawn's emerging pattern of bad behavior, and his failure to appreciate how lucky he was to escape the hit and run incident with only a slap on the wrist.

That being said, he is a very young guy from a tough background. He has a chance to mature and become a better person.

I certainly don't want to see him traded at this point.

BillsWin
02-16-2009, 09:21 PM
I just think that we need to know facts before we throw him to the wolves again. After the hit and run everyone got mad because he didnt want to talk to the media. Even with the Hardy incident came some backlash.