X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

Bills should be in the market for a RB

Longer deal now that Marshawn future is not clear with the team.. Strickly for insurance purposes the Bills need to look at adding a vet to the team. Not a big name break the bank guy but a back he can split carries with Jackson if Lynch is suspended or gets locked up...The team has to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Oman is just not ready for major work this season. I wouldn't mind Kevin Jones or Maurice Morris in a Bills Uniform

Thoughts ?

Bmax
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Bills should be in the market for a RB

Originally posted by Bmax
    Longer deal now that Marshawn future is not clear with the team.. Strickly for insurance purposes the Bills need to look at adding a vet to the team. Not a big name break the bank guy but a back he can split carries with Jackson if Lynch is suspended or gets locked up...The team has to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Oman is just not ready for major work this season. I wouldn't mind Kevin Jones or Maurice Morris in a Bills Uniform

Thoughts ?

Bmax
    Why a vet? Even the dumbest rookie can manage to run the rock.

Im a Javon Ringer fan... I also like Donald Brown and the kid from NC State Andre Brown.

Comment

• Bmax
      • Aug 2003

With all our needs . I don't wanna spend a first day pick on a RB . A fourth or fifth rd pick would be more like it...if we decided to do that then the guys i like are
      Gartell Johnson from Col st. Brown from NC St and sleeper Donaldson From Westren Illnois in 5 or 6.....

Bmax

Comment

• T-Long
        Circling the Wagons since 1982.
        • Sep 2003

Lock up Jackson long term and draft one on Day 2 and we'll be in good shape. I really feel like having Jackson in there is not a huge dropoff from Lynch anyways

Comment

• jimbohastle51
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bmax

Thoughts ?

Bmax
          with guys like edge james, deuce machallister and fred taylor (a perfect hard runner to complement fred jackson) being out there for likely peanuts after seeing what happened to shaun alexander last year i am sure we can find someone cheap to take some carries but i think they would be fine with fred jackson for 4-5 games while lynch sat a suspension out if it came to that.

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

RB's are adime a dozen, look at Denver and Tampa this year. We can take one in the late rounds and be OK. When was JAckson picked?
            Retired Air Traffic Controller
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• VeggieMan14
              • Jan 2008

Fred Taylor was justr released
              I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

THE, and I am dead serious, THE stupidest thing the Bills could do is not pick up Action again this year. The guy is just plain talented. Say what you will about the MJD/Fred Taylor (may it rest in peace), Earth/Wind/Fire, Fargas/McFadden/Bush, but among tandem RB's in the NFL, the Jackson/Lynch grouping is one of the best in the NFL. If it's not Lynch, you make Freddy the feature back and pick up either Derrick Ward or Kenton Keith as the change of pace guy, or draft Arian Foster or Rashad Jennings to be the rock pounders.

I hope that Marshawn gets off fairly easy... But the outlook is dim.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

is travis henry available?

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

At best, if convicted, Lynch gets a 2-game suspension. Hardly an unclear future with the Bills. And the Bills have Jackson and Omon.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

a 2 game suspension and no jail time for a felony charge? sounds like a great deal.. henry got screwed!
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        a 2 game suspension and no jail time for a felony charge? sounds like a great deal.. henry got screwed!
                        LOL! You just compared drug trafficking to having an unlicensed loaded gun in a locked trunk? And you thought talking about Sean Taylor cleaning-up his act but getting killed because he couldn't own a gun was dumb?

Too rich. Marshawn won't get charged with a felony. Hear me now and believe me later.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

i love how you keep saying locked trunk.. as if you cant pop the back seat to get the gun even easier that pressing the button on the key to pop the trunk..

there is no unlucked trunk dumbass.. if it is closed it is locked..

and my comment about henry was in jest.. no go work on your opening statement for pacman lynch's trial.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            i love how you keep saying locked trunk.. as if you cant pop the back seat to get the gun even easier that pressing the button on the key to pop the trunk..

there is no unlucked trunk dumbass.. if it is closed it is locked..

and my comment about henry was in jest.. no go work on your opening statement for pacman lynch's trial.
                            Sorry. I was making it easier for a genius like you to understand that there's a difference between someone carrying a loaded piece on his person, versus in a trunk that's locked. As I said in the other thread, the same set of laws that says it's a felony for the egregious act of having a loaded weapon in a trunk also says that you can't illegally search and seize property. And that would be my opening statement.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                              Sorry. I was making it easier for a genius like you to understand that there's a difference between someone carrying a loaded piece on his person, versus in a trunk that's locked. As I said in the other thread, the same set of laws that says it's a felony for the egregious act of having a loaded weapon in a trunk also says that you can't illegally search and seize property. And that would be my opening statement.
                              having your gun loaded in the trunk where you can grab it by popping the back seat down with the pull of a switch really isnt much different then carrying it in your waist..

so i think your point is ****ing stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X