• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbohastle51
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2005

marshawn will be exonerated

if you read the articles, and see the facts then it is pretty easy to see he is the luckiest 22 year old we know considering that he already walked from a car accident not even a year ago and now really stands a good chance at being exonerated.
    my reason for thinking this is simple:
    1) gun was in the trunk and there were to other passangers in the car (gun was not on anyones person)
    2) it is not known how the policeman determined that it was lynch's gun, but i am willing to be that marshawn didnt just say oh hey its my loaded unregistered weapon back there, so remember one of the other 2 passengers weather it is to take the fall for our RB's mistake or because it was there gun could still come forward and take the heat, or it could be deemed in a court of law that the gun in fact was not lynch's (that gun very well has a few more finger prints on it than just one person and touching the weapon isnt proof enough to convict so they will need more than just a couple prints because the gun wasnt in his possession)
    3) the car was not registered to lynch (probably one of the biggest things, but i am sure if the car was registered to him it would have come out by now seeing how the cop ran the plate the minute he pulled them over)
    4) he has the luxury of hiring a big money lawyer and gun crimes like that are not near as serious as they are in NY (pretty much will the evidence that will be presented a good lawyer could easily get this wiped clean, or offer a nice little piece of change to one of the other 2 passangers to do a bid for there friend or do a couple years probation for lynch)

in closing i know that there is a very good chance that this was his gun but i as i am sure alot of bills fans are, is worried about lynch suiting up in septemeber so lets hope this gets cleared up ANY way possible.
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Re: marshawn will be exonerated

Maybe by the law but I bet he gets disciplined by the league.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Feb 2005

really depends because if he is exonerated then its saying nothing has ever happened, but i can see if this drags out he gets a suspension regardless because it will be messy for the league regardless of him being exonerated or not.

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

Well, not really...check out what Goodell said after the Plaxico thing.

"We're looking at repeat offenders and we may not wait for the process to conclude when we have repeat offenders. You can have false accusations once, maybe twice. When you start getting to multiple (arrests), you're putting yourself in the wrong position, you're making the wrong decisions in the wrong places. At that point in time, you're reflecting poorly on the NFL itself, your teammates."
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

It's Pacman syndrome- granted, Lynch's offenses aren't as numerous or as egregious, but regardless: they both always seem to be in the vicinity of trouble.

Lynch is an irresponsible jackass who does not seem to care about his teammates or fans. He can't seem to grasp the fact that he doesn't live in the ghetto anymore, and the suits in the league office and working class fans in Buffalo aren't going to have the same understanding of incidents like this that his homies in Oakland have.

He's becoming an off the field distraction and jeopardizing his ability to be on the field. He deserves whatever punishment the law and the league throw at him. Unfortunately, his teammates, coaches and fans are innocent victims of his actions because they don't deserve the punishment.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

great post OP
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Marvelous
              • Feb 2004

Why is the league dominated by inner city kids? Doesn't the suburb high schools produce talented kids too? I fit weren't for the BILLS i wouldn't ever hear the mush mouth, nor the see the gold teeth. It's getting annoying.
              --I just last season told my brother & wife that i misjudged Lynch & figured i judged a book by it's cover..Maybe i was wrong in saying such. He looks the part 110%... Wondering if this momma's boy crap was to derail teams from seeing him for the hoodlum he is acting..
              GO BILLS!!! NE
              Magical Trevor

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

im pretty sure that TD posted all the trouble he has been in already somewhere.. beat or sexually assaulted his girl.. hit a girl with his car.. been shot at "accidentally" and now he is "accidentally" in a car with a loaded gun that my be HIS unregistered gun.

all dumb luck.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romes
                  Well, not really...check out what Goodell said after the Plaxico thing.

"We're looking at repeat offenders and we may not wait for the process to conclude when we have repeat offenders. You can have false accusations once, maybe twice. When you start getting to multiple (arrests), you're putting yourself in the wrong position, you're making the wrong decisions in the wrong places. At that point in time, you're reflecting poorly on the NFL itself, your teammates."
                  His first "offense" was essentially a traffic ticket. Now while everyone wants to claim he was drunk and/or knew he hit her, all the evidence supports his side and legally he wasn't charged with even a misdemeanor. Hard to say he's a "repeat offender."

And a lot will depend on whether there was legal cause for the cops to search the car he was in. If he's charged with a misdemeanor, what can Goodell say? "Well Marshawn, the cops racially profiled you and illegally searched the car, and found a loaded unlicensed weapon in the locked trunk that wasn't used for anything bad. I'll have to suspend you." Not likely.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    It's Pacman syndrome- granted, Lynch's offenses aren't as numerous or as egregious, but regardless: they both always seem to be in the vicinity of trouble.

Lynch is an irresponsible jackass who does not seem to care about his teammates or fans. He can't seem to grasp the fact that he doesn't live in the ghetto anymore, and the suits in the league office and working class fans in Buffalo aren't going to have the same understanding of incidents like this that his homies in Oakland have.

He's becoming an off the field distraction and jeopardizing his ability to be on the field. He deserves whatever punishment the law and the league throw at him. Unfortunately, his teammates, coaches and fans are innocent victims of his actions because they don't deserve the punishment.
                    irresponsible jackass maybe, but just remember it wasnt his car the gun wasnt on him and how many of your friends cars do you go in the trunk of before you get in? i am not saying he is innocent, but i am saying that with the FACTS that have been issued there is a strong case for him to get this taken care of without it becoming an even bigger ordeal. now do the fans and the team get cheated if he is suspended? of cource. this is a 22 year old kid who grew up in oakland, and dont think that buffalo didnt know who they drafted either (someone on this post already went into things that he has been in trouble with before, so imagine the dirt NFL teams find out about players if us fans have easy access to some things), if your kid was the one in the car you would make every excuse for him and wouldnt be saying he deserves everything he gets, het it play out and see if he is innocent before you judge. what i am saying is that this instance could have been wrong place wrong time, and i cant compare it to plaxico because plaxico who is also almost (if not) 10 years older than marshawn brought a LOADED WEAPON KNOWINGLY INTO A NIGHTCLUB AND SHOT HIMSELF! you cant even compare that to driving around in a friends car (not registered or insured to you) and there is a gun in the trunk. does he deserve punishment? Yes, extreme punishment if this was his gun. hopefully this is the last incident that we here of from marshawn and he can get back to playing football for the bills.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

I wouldn't be surprised to learn the Mercedes is a rental. I don't think Lynch would have any reason to have a car on the left coast unless he's living there in the offseason. I don't think he is. I understtod it was established aned not just assumed the gun belonged to Lynch. I think the only way he gets off scot free on this one is if his lawyer can demonstrate the police committed an illegal search nd seisure, and the gun is deemed imadmissible as a piece of evidence.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• McBFLO
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37

To compare him to Pacman is ridiculous. You say he can't seem to grasp the fact that he's not in the ghetto anymore. What an ignorant statement. How do you know he doesn't carry a gun because he's seen famous athletes get mugged, robbed, or even murdered over their wealth (i.e. Sean Taylor).

I'm saying this too as an avid supporter of strict gun control. If Lynch didn't have his gun (if it was his) properly registered or whatever (I don't know the law about concealed firearms, much less CA state law), then it's his fault 100% and he has no one to blame but himself. Again, the gun was in the trunk of the car, with no signs of him intending to use it (other than it was loaded, but if it wasn't loaded, then what's the purpose of carrying one at all?), it wasn't on anyone else in the car. Was the reason for the interaction with the police ever even reported? Just a traffic stop?

I don't know, but the whole thing sounds pretty flimsy to me and I think this will end up being very minor. I'll be surprised if there's any suspension.
                        Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          im pretty sure that TD posted all the trouble he has been in already somewhere..
                          On June 14, 2006, Lynch was the victim of mistaken identity when unknown assailants shot at his car outside his high school alma mater as he was about to visit his little sister on her graduation day. He was not the intended target of the shooting, and no one was injured. The shooter phoned Lynch's mother to apologize.

On January 25, 2007, Lynch was accused of sexual assault by his former girlfriend. The incident reportedly happened on December 13, 2006, outside the woman's home in Emeryville, California. On January 29, 2007, an Alameda County Deputy District Attorney who specializes in domestic violence cases declined to press charges, citing a lack of evidence and "grave inconsistencies" in the alleged victim's accusations.Lynch was never arrested or charged.

On March 3, 2007, an Alameda County judge threw out a restraining order that Lynch's ex-girlfriend had issued against him because it was obtained improperly.

During June 2008, Lynch was under investigation for his involvement in a hit and run accident that occurred in Buffalo on May 31, 2008. His 2008 Porsche SUV struck and injured a female pedestrian before leaving the scene.After the 27 day saga, on June 26, 2008, Lynch apologized and accepted a guilty plea to a single count of failure to exercise due care to avoid striking a pedestrian, a traffic violation. He was assessed a $100 fine, and his driver’s license and car registration were revoked. Because a Buffalo Police Officer gave testimony that the victim did not suffer "severe physical injury", Lynch avoided being criminally charged for the incident.

On February 11, 2009, Lynch was arrested on a felony weapon possession charge near Los Angeles, California. He was released after paying $35,000 bail.

Comment

• billogic99
                            • Oct 2008

I would find it really tough to believe that Lynch will once again find his way out of trouble in such a sreious offense, if he does there's something odd going on.

Comment

• Romes
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                              His first "offense" was essentially a traffic ticket. Now while everyone wants to claim he was drunk and/or knew he hit her, all the evidence supports his side and legally he wasn't charged with even a misdemeanor. Hard to say he's a "repeat offender."

And a lot will depend on whether there was legal cause for the cops to search the car he was in. If he's charged with a misdemeanor, what can Goodell say? "Well Marshawn, the cops racially profiled you and illegally searched the car, and found a loaded unlicensed weapon in the locked trunk that wasn't used for anything bad. I'll have to suspend you." Not likely.
                              You might be right but I think the point Goodell was trying to make was that if you keep getting in trouble it starts to become less about what you got in trouble for and more about you just being a distraction.
                              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X