PDA

View Full Version : My input on the Marshawn arrest

Bone
02-16-2009, 08:58 PM
I hate how sport center blows everything out of proportion. Marshawn is a pro football player and in this generation what player doesn't carry a gun? He probably didn't have a license for it and I have no idea why he was pulled over anyways, it's already just getting annoying as ****. Whoever thinks we should trade or cut him, your drunk.

Tatonka
02-16-2009, 09:04 PM
send him to jail for a minute.. that will give his ghetto thug turd ass a nice wake up call.

he is as dumb as a ****ing bag of dog ****.

TacklingDummy
02-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Sad thing is he doesn't deserve to be well off in life. These athletes make me sick.

OpIv37
02-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Here's my take on the Marshawn situation:

It pisses me off that our only player who isn't a worthless piece of **** on the field is a worthless piece of **** off the field.

Two strikes. If he pulls one more dumbass ghetto thug stunt, trade him or cut him- just get him the **** off the team.

Goobylal
02-16-2009, 09:32 PM
I love the sanctimonious tough-talk from guys who would s#!t their pants if they were ever in a neighborhood as tough as the one Marshawn grew up in. The burbs don't exactly give you a picture of reality, and I know because I grew up in them.

So, he's a POS because he didn't know he hit a girl (and all the evidence corroborated that) and the it appears that the cops racially profiled him, illegally searched a car he was in and found a loaded unlicensed gun that hadn't been used for any illegal activity? Okay.

LtFinFan66
02-16-2009, 09:34 PM
so what? He grew up there. He is now a professional football player and it's time for him to grow the **** up

Tatonka
02-16-2009, 09:37 PM
yeah.. lynch is an idiot and a piece of **** for "not knowing" he hit a chick with his car in the middle of the night hard enough to break his mirror.. and he is a ****ing idiot for being in a car with a loaded gun..

yes.. he is a ****ing moron.. and the league will punish him if they see fit..

in the mean time.. he is just ****ing the team that drafted him in the first round and could really use him on the field.

and as far as ****ting my pants in the neighborhood he grew up in.. here is a news flash.. he is a millionaire.. he doesnt HAVE TO BE THERE anymore. maybe he just needed to swing by the jewelry shop that sold him his grills though to get a diamond replaced or something.. im sure there was a valid reason for putting himself in harms way.

OpIv37
02-16-2009, 09:43 PM
I love the sanctimonious tough-talk from guys who would s#!t their pants if they were ever in a neighborhood as tough as the one Marshawn grew up in. The burbs don't exactly give you a picture of reality, and I know because I grew up in them.

So, he's a POS because he didn't know he hit a girl (and all the evidence corroborated that) and the it appears that the cops racially profiled him, illegally searched a car he was in and found a loaded unlicensed gun that hadn't been used for any illegal activity? Okay.

Are you ****ing serious?

First, Lynch should be smarter than to go into a neighborhood like that.

Second, if he has to go because his family is there or something, he should hire LEGAL protection or get a LEGAL firearm. Being in the ghetto isn't automatically an excuse for breaking the law.

LtFinFan66
02-16-2009, 09:45 PM

So, he's a POS because he didn't know he hit a girl (and all the evidence corroborated that) and the it appears that the cops racially profiled him, illegally searched a car he was in and found a loaded unlicensed gun that hadn't been used for any illegal activity? Okay.dumbest post ever

Goobylal
02-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Sean Taylor "grew the F up." Look where it got him. And it's not like he was even carrying the gun.

As for hitting the girl, again all the evidence pointed to him not knowing he hit her. Everyone was happy to agree to a traffic ticket. Case closed.

And this isn't even as bad as Hardy's alleged gun incident last year. The gun was in a locked trunk. What harm does it do there?

LtFinFan66
02-16-2009, 09:49 PM
what does Sean Taylor have to do with this??

Nothing

Tatonka
02-16-2009, 09:51 PM
ROFL... you are comparing sean taylor's death to this??

taylor was robbed in his house.. lynch flew across the country to the ****ing ghetto and rolled in a benz with a loaded gun..

he is a ****ing moron..

as far as him running over the fat chick and breaking his mirror but not knowing..

well..

fool me once.. shame on you.. fool me twice.. shame on me.

LtFinFan66
02-16-2009, 09:51 PM
I know in my car it's pretty easy to access the trunk from the back seat

LtFinFan66
02-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Maybe Marshawn was going back home to shoot the ugly tree that he fell out of and hit every branch

Tatonka
02-16-2009, 09:52 PM
i still cant believe you just mentioned sean taylor.. wow.. maybe lynch's lawyer will use that in his case.. :rofl:

what an absolutely terrible comparison. but it was funny!

Goobylal
02-16-2009, 09:53 PM
dumbest post ever
Oh, the irony.

LtFinFan66
02-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Oh, the irony.truth hurt does it??

Goobylal
02-16-2009, 09:57 PM
truth hurt does it??
Nope. I consider the source.

LtFinFan66
02-16-2009, 09:58 PM
better source than you will ever be

Goobylal
02-16-2009, 10:00 PM
better source than you will ever be
Good one. Was "I know you are but what am I" taken?

Tatonka
02-16-2009, 10:04 PM
it was about as good as "marshawn in the victim here... " just like when he sexually assaulted someone.. and hit someone..

all not his fault.. he is just a target

madness
02-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Are you ****ing serious?

First, Lynch should be smarter than to go into a neighborhood like that.

Second, if he has to go because his family is there or something, he should hire LEGAL protection or get a LEGAL firearm. Being in the ghetto isn't automatically an excuse for breaking the law.

The gun was registered.

Tatonka
02-16-2009, 10:09 PM
even better.. so it was registered to lynch..

how does he get out of this one again? OH.. the trunk was LOCKED.. lol

if it was unlocked then the trunk would be wide open which would look ridiculous while driving down the street.

:snicker:

Goobylal
02-16-2009, 10:12 PM
it was about as good as "marshawn in the victim here... " just like when he sexually assaulted someone.. and hit someone..

all not his fault.. he is just a target
Well, just as there's a law that (incredibly) charges someone with a felony for having a loaded gun in a locked trunk (whereas having an unloaded gun with bullets right next to it in a locked trunk is perfectly okay), there is a law against illegal search and seizure. And who is the victim in this case? The potential person Lynch was going to shoot? LOL!

Romes
02-16-2009, 10:13 PM
The gun was registered.

According to Marshawn's lawyer, Lynch does not have a license to carry a gun.

He also said Lynch does not have a license to carry a firearm.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/lynchs_lawyer_comments_on_arrest_2009216

madness
02-16-2009, 10:20 PM
According to Marshawn's lawyer, Lynch does not have a license to carry a gun.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/lynchs_lawyer_comments_on_arrest_2009216

I didn't say it was Marshawn's.

Goobylal
02-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Reading that link over, the lawyer, by stating that "Lynch does not have a license to carry a firearm," is saying that the gun isn't his. Otherwise there is no reason to mention it in the press. And in California, you can be charged with a felony if your vehicle has a weapon in it, even if it isn't yours. But it looks like his lawyer will probably attack the illegal search and seizure angle.

Romes
02-16-2009, 10:24 PM
I didn't say it was Marshawn's.

but the police did and thats what matters right now.

If its not Marshawn's gun then then the whole thing is a moot point. Well...Lynch is still an idiot but he can at least claim ignorance to knowing there was a loading gun in the trunk.

yordad
02-16-2009, 10:30 PM
I am not a judge. I am not going to judge his life. He is a pretty darn good football player though. One who has never been convicted of a crime.

Tatonka
02-16-2009, 10:33 PM
romes..

in virginia you can have a registered gun but you still have to have a concealed license to carry it in your trunk.. maybe that is what they meant..

if lynch bought the gun in a store, instead of from the the "locked" trunk of the guy who sold him a set of his grills that is.. then it was probably registered to him..

Romes
02-16-2009, 10:36 PM
romes..

in virginia you can have a registered gun but you still have to have a concealed license to carry it in your trunk.. maybe that is what they meant..

if lynch bought the gun in a store, instead of from the the "locked" trunk of the guy who sold him a set of his grills that is.. then it was probably registered to him..

Thanks for the explanation. I assumed you need a gun license to buy and register a gun.

billogic99
02-16-2009, 10:40 PM

Uh huh and why was Marshawn in that dangerous situation again? when he could have stayed on the big Island looking at beautiful women in every direction? And a one in a Billion chance you'd need a gun? He sure could afford to stay. I don't think the danger of the hood is the question, the question is if it's dangerous enough to need a gun, why be there to begin with? Oh that's right cause his bloods wouldn't think he was badass,l if he didn't! Good reason.

Tatonka
02-16-2009, 10:42 PM
i dont know what the law is in CA.. but anyone can buy a gun in VA.. when you go to purchase it legally here, they make you wait 24 hours .. a law they passed to keep people from getting pissed and going to buy a gun to kill someone.. the 24 hours is a "cool down" period..

but once you get your gun.. if you want to be able to carry it "concealed" as in on you or hidden in your car, then you have to take a 8 hour class they offer on the weekends to get a license to carry a concealed weapon. it costs a little money and you have to pass a test.. most of my friends have one.

if you dont have one, then in VA, if your going to the firing range or whatever, then you have to carry your unloaded weapon in plain view (ie. your front seat) on the way to the range. and you better sure as hell let the cop know it is in the car as soon as you get pulled if you do.

billogic99
02-16-2009, 11:13 PM
i dont know what the law is in CA.. but anyone can buy a gun in VA.. when you go to purchase it legally here, they make you wait 24 hours .. a law they passed to keep people from getting pissed and going to buy a gun to kill someone.. the 24 hours is a "cool down" period..

but once you get your gun.. if you want to be able to carry it "concealed" as in on you or hidden in your car, then you have to take a 8 hour class they offer on the weekends to get a license to carry a concealed weapon. it costs a little money and you have to pass a test.. most of my friends have one.

if you dont have one, then in VA, if your going to the firing range or whatever, then you have to carry your unloaded weapon in plain view (ie. your front seat) on the way to the range. and you better sure as hell let the cop know it is in the car as soon as you get pulled if you do.

Not anyone can buy a gun in any state, if you have a felony conviction you cannot buy a gun, anywhere in the country.

Tatonka
02-16-2009, 11:16 PM
thanks for that.. i guess i was not including the obvious..

so it looks like pacman lynch wont be allowed to buy a gun legally soon.

billogic99
02-16-2009, 11:24 PM
thanks for that.. i guess i was not including the obvious..

so it looks like pacman lynch wont be allowed to buy a gun legally soon.

I wasn't being sarcastic, just pointing out that there are rules to protect people. Lynch was either too lazy to buy the gun using the proper channels, was buying it from one of his hood buddies because he thought it was cool or he didn't want the Bills to know he had a gun, for obvious reasons. Maybe all three, the bottom line is if the Bills found out Lynch had a guy in California with such strict laws they'd want to know why and probably frown on the idea especially after the recent trouble he was in in Buffalo. If I were the Bills I'd be very concerned about what is going on in Lynch's head.

kgun12
02-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Here's how I see it. He is not ******ed, although I am start into question this. Anyhow he is suppose to know right from wrong, good from bad. Call it profiling, racism, discrimination or whatever you want to, the bottom line is he got caught with an illegal weapon, hopefully he is punished for it and he learns his lesson. The most important thing is that there is one more illegal gun off the street. God forbid he used it to kill someone, then all the F*#@ing liberal would be screaming we need more gun control. No we need stupid people to stop caring illegal and/or unregistered guns and stop messing things up for law biding people for who want to do it right.

BTW in NY you need to have a concealed carry permit to purchase a pistol. The whole process takes between 6-12 months to get it!

LtFinFan66
02-17-2009, 06:21 AM
If he was a Fin, I bet none of these guys would be defending him or using the race card

Goobylal
02-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Here's how I see it. He is not ******ed, although I am start into question this. Anyhow he is suppose to know right from wrong, good from bad. Call it profiling, racism, discrimination or whatever you want to, the bottom line is he got caught with an illegal weapon, hopefully he is punished for it and he learns his lesson. The most important thing is that there is one more illegal gun off the street. God forbid he used it to kill someone, then all the F*#@ing liberal would be screaming we need more gun control. No we need stupid people to stop caring illegal and/or unregistered guns and stop messing things up for law biding people for who want to do it right.

BTW in NY you need to have a concealed carry permit to purchase a pistol. The whole process takes between 6-12 months to get it!
LOL! You think ML was or is in an imminent threat to shoot someone? Or moreso than a registered/law-abiding gun owner?

Goobylal
02-17-2009, 06:45 AM
If he was a Fin, I bet none of these guys would be defending him or using the race card
If it were the same situation, I sure would. There was some Dols DB who got caught waving a gun in some store parking lot. There was no discussion about it here.

Jan Reimers
02-17-2009, 07:19 AM
I think we should stop making excuses for Lynch. He was extremely lucky to beat the hit and run incident, but instead of learning from it, he has put himself in another situation that could result in serious legal consequences.

I know we need to have all of the particulars, and to let this thing grind through the legal process, but Marshawn is exhibiting a pattern of bad behavior.

I'm not saying he can't grow up and begin to show better judgment (and I don't want to trade him) but right now, he is putting himself in some very unfortunate situations, and we shouldn't be attempting to justify his behavior.

Goobylal
02-17-2009, 07:35 AM
I think we should stop making excuses for Lynch. He was extremely lucky to beat the hit and run incident, but instead of learning from it, he has put himself in another situation that could result in serious legal consequences.

I know we need to have all of the particulars, and to let this thing grind through the legal process, but Marshawn is exhibiting a pattern of bad behavior.

I'm not saying he can't grow up and begin to show better judgment (and I don't want to trade him) but right now, he is putting himself in some very unfortunate situations, and we shouldn't be attempting to justify his behavior.
ML was extremely lucky to beat the hit and run rap? I guess it was luck that a) there were no witnesses who even saw him taking one drink that night, b) the conditions that night were poor and there were distractions, c) video evidence showed.that.the car proceeded along after.hitting the girl like nothing happened, and d) there were no incriminating text messages discovered. Furthermore, since a theme in this thread is that Lynch should know better than to be in places where he'd need a gun, I guess we can say the same about the victim being out late drinking.

colin
02-17-2009, 07:41 AM
you guys are all reactionary sissies. he can skate on this. the 2nd ammendment ensures citizen's rights, and laws like this one are ******* anyway.

Jan Reimers
02-17-2009, 07:46 AM
ML was extremely lucky to beat the hit and run rap? I guess it was luck that a) there were no witnesses who even saw him taking one drink that night, b) the conditions that night were poor and there were distractions, c) video evidence showed.that.the car proceeded along after.hitting the girl like nothing happened, and d) there were no incriminating text messages discovered. Furthermore, since a theme in this thread is that Lynch should know better than to be in places where he'd need a gun, I guess we can say the same about the victim being out late drinking.
Wow! Are you Marshawn's official apologist? He hit a pedestrian, fled the scene, hid behind his lawyer for a month, and finally plead to a minor charge. He couldn't be tested for DWI because he went home and hid.

Would you like the pedestrian charged for being in his way?

feldspar
02-17-2009, 02:51 PM

I love the guys that grew up in the burbs and then tell everyone about the reality of the ghetto, and Lynch wasn't near where he grew up when he got busted from what I hear.

So, he's a POS because he didn't know he hit a girl (and all the evidence corroborated that)

What evidence is that? Lynch obviously squirmed his way out of that one. Do you think that Lynch was on Chippewa in the middle of the night drinking milkshakes...a little common sense here, please.

and the it appears that the cops racially profiled him, illegally searched a car he was in and found a loaded unlicensed gun that hadn't been used for any illegal activity? Okay.

It appears that the cops racially profiled him? What color were the arresting officers? Do you even know? Tank Johnson went to jail for guns that weren't used in any illegal activity. He got a year and a half probation and 40 hours of community service for doing the exact same thing that Lynch just did...he had a gun in his trunk and was busted for a concealed weapon...no difference. The law is the law, and Lynch isn't above it because he is black just like Tank Johnson wasn't.

The only prejudice I see here is your prejudice against the cops.

The court system is not a clean place, either. If he gets off, it will be because of a technicality, not because he is innocent.

feldspar
02-17-2009, 02:59 PM

Lynch has been kicked out of bars on Chippewa in the past for bringing in his own liquor. He was out on Chippewa at around three in the morning. I can't prove he was drinking in the court of law, but that's not to say he wasn't. What are the odds, do you think? I'm not sure why not noticing that you hit a person who was crossing the street that had the right of way makes anything better (if that's true that he didn't notice). It suggests drunkeness...yeah, you can't prove it so it must not be true, right? I bet you can't prove that I'm not a 1,000 pound asian woman, can you? So I must be. Use some common sense and stop talking like a slimy lawyer.

Goobylal
02-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Wow! Are you Marshawn's official apologist? He hit a pedestrian, fled the scene, hid behind his lawyer for a month, and finally plead to a minor charge. He couldn't be tested for DWI because he went home and hid.
Sorry but there is no evidence that he was drinking, knew he hit her, or hid. None whatsoever. You can speculate 'til the cows come home; it won't make a difference. And everyone in this case seemed satisfied to give him a traffic ticket, instead of at least a misdemeanor (while DWI hit and run is a felony).

Would you like the pedestrian charged for being in his way?
Like I said, she can be blamed for being at the wrong place at the wrong time, like Lynch was with the gun arrest.

Goobylal
02-17-2009, 03:37 PM
I love the guys that grew up in the burbs and then tell everyone about the reality of the ghetto, and Lynch wasn't near where he grew up when he got busted from what I hear.
No, I don't claim to know the realities of the ghetto. I'm just no unsophisticated enough to think that it's as easy as "he should know better" or "he should hire a body guard" or "why does he need to carry a gun anyway."

What evidence is that? Lynch obviously squirmed his way out of that one. Do you think that Lynch was on Chippewa in the middle of the night drinking milkshakes...a little common sense here, please.
Common sense still requires evidence, not assumptions. I could just as easily claim the girl threw herself into the car, given that she suffered minor injuries. But I wouldn't.

It appears that the cops racially profiled him? What color were the arresting officers? Do you even know? Tank Johnson went to jail for guns that weren't used in any illegal activity. He got a year and a half probation and 40 hours of community service for doing the exact same thing that Lynch just did...he had a gun in his trunk and was busted for a concealed weapon...no difference. The law is the law, and Lynch isn't above it because he is black just like Tank Johnson wasn't.

The only prejudice I see here is your prejudice against the cops.

The court system is not a clean place, either. If he gets off, it will be because of a technicality, not because he is innocent.
Who said that Lynch was above the law because he's black? I said he was profiled because he's black. Profiling happens. And so far there has been NO answer as to why the police "contacted" Lynch and his buds, much less searched the car. One would think (using common sense) that he'd also have been charged with having a busted taillight, disorderly conduct, etc., as a reason to be questioned, but so far nothing.

As for Johnson, he was charged with a misdemeanor for his weapon and received NO suspension from the NFL for it. Later on he was arrested on aggravated assault and resisting arrest charges after being maced, and when police went to his home they found loaded weapons with kids in the house. Hardly the same circumstances.

Looking at Johnson's case, at worst Lynch faces misdemeanor charges. At best, he gets off on a technicality. But unless you think that he is in danger of shooting someone, he violated the letter of the law, not the spirit. The law was intended to get violent criminals off the street. No one is going to ruin Lynch's life over this.

PECKERWOOD
02-17-2009, 04:28 PM
I hate how sport center blows everything out of proportion. Marshawn is a pro football player and in this generation what player doesn't carry a gun? He probably didn't have a license for it and I have no idea why he was pulled over anyways, it's already just getting annoying as ****. Whoever thinks we should trade or cut him, your drunk.

Well, you're atleast partially right.

feldspar
02-17-2009, 04:56 PM
No, I don't claim to know the realities of the ghetto. I'm just no unsophisticated enough to think that it's as easy as "he should know better" or "he should hire a body guard" or "why does he need to carry a gun anyway."

You seem to think it's pretty easy, though. He wasn't in his old neighborhood at the time of the arrest. He had a gun in his trunk that he shouldn't have had in his trunk. He did something wrong, and there is a reason why these laws are in place. Do you trust every American to be allowed to drive around with a loaded gun in his trunk? Well, the law doesn't. He should at least know that, and I have the feeling someone told him that. There shouldn't be any exceptions to the law because he is Marshawn Lynch and believe that he had nothing but the noblest intentions.

Common sense still requires evidence, not assumptions. I could just as easily claim the girl threw herself into the car, given that she suffered minor injuries. But I wouldn't.

WTF? You seem to think it was proven that Lynch didn't know he hit the girl. That's not true. They just couldn't prove that he knew it because he kept his mouth shut...not to say hid DID know, but ... Have you ever been to Chippewa and know what goes on there in the middle of the night? I'd bet anything that he was drinking. And that girl wasn't even American and didn't even know who Marshawn Lynch was. He should have gotten into a lot more trouble than he did, and that's common sense.

Who said that Lynch was above the law because he's black? I said he was profiled because he's black. Profiling happens. And so far there has been NO answer as to why the police "contacted" Lynch and his buds, much less searched the car. One would think (using common sense) that he'd also have been charged with having a busted taillight, disorderly conduct, etc., as a reason to be questioned, but so far nothing.

Why did you say that he was profiled because he is black. I thought you were a big fan of evidence. Profiling happens so it happened here? You don't even have evidence that the police weren't black.

As for Johnson, he was charged with a misdemeanor for his weapon and received NO suspension from the NFL for it. Later on he was arrested on aggravated assault and resisting arrest charges after being maced, and when police went to his home they found loaded weapons with kids in the house. Hardly the same circumstances.

You are misinformed with Johnson as well as everything else. He was put on suspension for the EXACT same thing Lynch just did, having a gun in his trunk. He was arrested for aggravated assault, but the charges were dropped and it was suggested that the cops may have acted too aggressively. Where is your excuse for him there? If you want to talk about guns, Johnson's guns were all legal his in his second bust. He was the subject of a police investigation for like six months because his neighbors reported shots fired in his backyard. The cops raided his house, and the only thing they came up with was that he didn't file the paperwork to register for one thing to let the state of Illinois know that he had these guns...but they were legally his and this was one of those bull**** technicalities you were talking about. At least be consistant. People aren't allowed to have their own loaded guns in their own houses, but they ARE allowed to have them in their trunks? Tank's crime was being in another state and he went to jail for it.

Looking at Johnson's case, at worst Lynch faces misdemeanor charges. At best, he gets off on a technicality. But unless you think that he is in danger of shooting someone, he violated the letter of the law, not the spirit. The law was intended to get violent criminals off the street. No one is going to ruin Lynch's life over this.

Driving around with a gun in your trunk isn't nothing. The spirit of the law says that you can't do that unless we say so. There is NO confusion to that. Lynch broke the law, and he will be punished for it...probably not too harshly. He's now a repeat offender in the NFL, so he needs to chill out before he gets permanently stigmatized. Like I said elsewhere, Lynch is lucky that he wasn't already on probabtion for hit-and-run. This latest offense would be a violation of his probation, and now he would be in real trouble.

This **** is getting old.

feldspar
02-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Sorry but there is no evidence that he was drinking, knew he hit her, or hid. None whatsoever. You can speculate 'til the cows come home; it won't make a difference. And everyone in this case seemed satisfied to give him a traffic ticket, instead of at least a misdemeanor (while DWI hit and run is a felony).

Hide behind that lawyer double-talk. There IS absolutely evidence that he drank on Chippewa in the past. The odds don't support his being there in the middle of the night and not drinking. There is no way. Do you really think that he wasn't drinking and just want to hide behind what was "proven" in a courtroom full of loop-holes? Or do you want to talk realistically? Or do you mean to say that just because you were in a whore-house doesn't mean that you were trying to solicite a prostitute? What kind of pencil-neck thinks that the law is not flawed. You are in denial.

Like I said, she can be blamed for being at the wrong place at the wrong time, like Lynch was with the gun arrest.

For crying out loud, it's a known fact that she was crossing with the light. SHE was obeying the laws and was hit by a person that wasn't obeying the laws. Don't blame the victim, and dont' give the perpetrator a free pass because he carries the football on your favorite team.

You've been watching too much Law and Order.

Lynch is rich and had a good lawyer.

Goobylal
02-17-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm not hiding behind anything. The law is what it is. It requires proof that someone is guilty, before he/she can be found guilty. Sure it's not perfect, but it's the best system there is.

And true I have no proof of profiling. But it's not like the officers are ever going to come out and say that they approached them because they were black and driving a Mercedes, so we'll never know either way.

Lynch won't be charged with a felony. At best he's looking at a misdemeanor. Since he only got a traffic ticket last year and probably will be charged with a misdemeanor here, the Commish has little grounds to suspend him. But at best, Clayton said it will be 1-2 games.

feldspar
02-17-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm not hiding behind anything. The law is what it is. It requires proof that someone is guilty, before he/she can be found guilty. Sure it's not perfect, but it's the best system there is.

The law is the law, but the law is NOT the truth. People seem to lose sight of that sometimes, especially when they are in trouble and are trying to find a loop-hole.

And true I have no proof of profiling. But it's not like the officers are ever going to come out and say that they approached them because they were black and driving a Mercedes, so we'll never know either way.

If we won't know either way, then why make it an issue? If Lynch broke the law, he broke the law. Don't even suggest that racial profiling happened then.

Lynch won't be charged with a felony. At best he's looking at a misdemeanor. Since he only got a traffic ticket last year and probably will be charged with a misdemeanor here, the Commish has little grounds to suspend him. But at best, Clayton said it will be 1-2 games.

I agree that he won't be charged with a felony...that's one of the few things you've said that I agree with. I think that he will get probation and maybe a little community service with perhaps a small fine once this thing drags out and everyone does their somewhat under-handed legal wrangling. On the other hand, maybe his lawyer can work some magic again.

His leash is getting shorter, though. He may have gotten a traffic ticket last time, but he was damn lucky he was rich enough to make that happen...I'm not sure as he fooled the Commish on that one. These things add up.

Tatonka
02-17-2009, 11:42 PM
i hope they drug test this **** out of him tomorrow.

Goobylal
02-18-2009, 03:34 PM
The law is the law, but the law is NOT the truth. People seem to lose sight of that sometimes, especially when they are in trouble and are trying to find a loop-hole.
The law is also a set of guidelines that can be altered from case to case. Under the law Lynch broke, he should be charged with a felony. But as you admit later, he should be charged with a misdemeanor. So obviously the law isn't concrete and neither are peoples' actions. Again I highly doubt that by loading the weapon, Lynch was intending to shoot someone that night. Or any other night.

If we won't know either way, then why make it an issue? If Lynch broke the law, he broke the law. Don't even suggest that racial profiling happened then.
Profiling happens all the time. To dismiss it outright is folly.

I agree that he won't be charged with a felony...that's one of the few things you've said that I agree with. I think that he will get probation and maybe a little community service with perhaps a small fine once this thing drags out and everyone does their somewhat under-handed legal wrangling. On the other hand, maybe his lawyer can work some magic again.
Maybe he can, but I think they'll work on a plea deal to get this over with quickly.

His leash is getting shorter, though. He may have gotten a traffic ticket last time, but he was damn lucky he was rich enough to make that happen...I'm not sure as he fooled the Commish on that one. These things add up.
Being rich had nothing to do with getting off last summer. What got him off were a) no prior history of legal trouble and b) no evidence he was drunk or even drinking that night, knew he hit her, or anything incriminating him (like text messages to the Bills' security or his lawyer).