PDA

View Full Version : New Details On Lynch Arrest

Romes
02-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Culver City, Ca. - Some new details are out regarding last Wednesday's arrest of Bills RB Marshawn Lynch in California.

Police in Culver City, California, a Los Angeles suburb, say they stopped a car with Lynch and two other men inside after witnessing traffic violations. Police spokesman Lieutenant Dean Williams told WIVB Sports the officers saw the vechile commiting minor traffic violations when they stopped the 2006 Mercedes Benz.

Williams also told us the gun involved was a 9mm handgun. He would not say whether the gun was discovered in the trunk of the car, as had been reported.

According to Lieutenant Williams, the District Attorney's office is expected to file formal charges against Lynch by the end of the week. He's expected to be charged with possession of a loaded, unregistered firearm in a public place.

The Bills RB was released on bail hours after being arrested on Wednesday night, February 11th. Williams told us he understands Lynch is a prominent sports figure, but said "We're really not looking at this as a big incident."

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/new_details_on_lynch_arrest_20090217

edit: To confirm NE39's statement.

Tankenson tells 2 On Your Side's Adam Benigni police approached the black Mercedes Lynch and two others were sitting in it was parked suspiciously with the engine running, and that the car didn't have proper license plates.

"They (officers) knocked on the window of the car. Someone unrolled the window. They saw three people in the car and they could smell a strong odor - marijuana coming from the car. They had the occupants exit so they could further investigate to see if there was any marajuana in the car. What they found were four, not marajuana cigarettes - what they call blunts or swisher sweets that appeared to contain marijuana in them," says Tankenson.

Tankenson says neither Lynch nor the other two individuals were charged with possession of marijuana because they could not determine who was smoking, or whom the cigarettes belonged to.

It was during the subsequent search that police say they found a loaded gun in the car that they determined belonged to Lynch. The case is expected to be brought before the District Attorney before the end of the week where it will be determined if Lynch is charged.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=64253&provider=gnews

Ickybaluky
02-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Another new detail is they smelled marijuana smoke when the windows were rolled down. They also found 4 blunts when they searched the car.

MikeInRoch
02-17-2009, 10:14 PM
I don't doubt that - but is there a link for that, NE39?

Now *that* sounds like a reason to search the trunk.

justasportsfan
02-17-2009, 10:19 PM
I guess I was right. He's an idiot.

cordog
02-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Too much time and too much money. What a f***in moron.

clumping platelets
02-17-2009, 10:37 PM
:shakeno:

FlyingDutchman
02-17-2009, 10:37 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-5-233/Police--Marijuana-at-Lynch-s-felony-gun-arrest.html

feldspar
02-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Another new detail is they smelled marijuana smoke when the windows were rolled down. They also found 4 blunts when they searched the car.

You makin that up?

FlyingDutchman
02-17-2009, 10:53 PM
click on my link feldspar

Tatonka
02-17-2009, 11:27 PM
wow.. so the tags were ****ed up on the car.. and they were sitting on the side of road with the engine running.. weed smoke coming out of the car.. and a loaded gun that they tossed in the trunk.

great job lynch. what a complete ****ing moron.. anyone who defends this ****ing idiot is a douchebag.

how ****ing lucky is he not to be charged with the possession of weed too.. not to mention that he could be randomly drug tested, and would clearly fail at this point..

i am officially on the "lynch can go **** himself" train.. trade this guy for any pick you can get and sign jackson long term. **** lynch.. he clearly doesnt appreciate the opportunity that he has been given.. where as jackson had to work so hard for his shot.. he deserves the job.

**** that ghetto thug lynch.. he will probably end up like henry.. no brains because he is smoking them all away and rollin with his homies.. bling bling his grills and flashin his gat, yo.. ****ing worthless turd.

feldspar
02-17-2009, 11:44 PM
click on my link feldspar

Thanks, but I dont' get the conflicting reports...

Here's one where they say Lynch's car was parked at the time...your link:

"They (officers) knocked on the window of the car. Someone unrolled the window. They saw three people in the car and they could smell a strong odor - marijuana coming from the car. They had the occupants exit so they could further investigate to see if there was any marajuana in the car.

That story is also found here at ESPN's website:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-5-233/Police--Marijuana-at-Lynch-s-felony-gun-arrest.html

Then I get this story:

Police in Culver City, California, a Los Angeles suburb, say they stopped a car with Lynch and two other men inside after witnessing traffic violations. Police spokesman Lieutenant Dean Williams told WIVB Sports the officers saw the vechile commiting minor traffic violations when they stopped the 2006 Mercedes Benz.

This time, they say that the car was "stopped." Not that it really matters, but this seems a little inconsistent.

FlyingDutchman
02-17-2009, 11:51 PM
didnt notice that

FlyingDutchman
02-17-2009, 11:57 PM
:scratch: maybe they noticed the violations, waited and followed, lynch parked and then they approached

Tatonka
02-18-2009, 12:18 AM
either way there was drugs and a loaded gun in the car.

travis henry 2.

Tatonka
02-18-2009, 12:18 AM
maybe we should call him "weed mode"...

maybe he is one of travis's 9 kids?

FlyingDutchman
02-18-2009, 12:35 AM
Maybe it was just really good weed and Lynch thought he WAS driving

feldspar
02-18-2009, 12:41 AM
:scratch: maybe they noticed the violations, waited and followed, lynch parked and then they approached

mabye it's just a matter of semantics.

Does "stopping" a car necessarily mean that the car was driving down the street at the time? "Traffic violations" could mean bad tags or being parked illegally or whatever, too.

I tend to lean towards the quotes by the police officer.

Could be clearer at this point.

TacklingDummy
02-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Trade Lynch, sign Deuce to be the vet. back-up to Action Jackson.

Lynch is nothing but trouble.

FlyingDutchman
02-18-2009, 12:59 AM
Marshawn Lynch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSO6K0rzEdw&feature=PlayList&p=801DF38029DE327E&playnext=1&index=106

Michael82
02-18-2009, 01:23 AM
I wonder if the ****ing moron was doing weed when he ran over that woman last year.... :ill:

Night Train
02-18-2009, 02:32 AM
It didn't help that he yelled " Dave's not here ! ", then started giggling like Butthead, according to the Onion.

I think we get what happened. Now it's up to the Commish.

kernowboy
02-18-2009, 02:46 AM
Without doubt this is a minimum 4 games suspension now, no matter how much spin his PR puts on it.

A Running Back in the first 3 rounds, has now become a critical need.

Rashad Jennings of Liberty anyone?

mybills
02-18-2009, 06:44 AM
A Running Back in the first 3 rounds, has now become a critical need.

we don't need one, Trent can do more throwing for the first 4 games and have Fred do the running.

/sarcasm

DraftBoy
02-18-2009, 07:34 AM
we don't need one, Trent can do more throwing for the first 4 games and have Fred do the running.

/sarcasmWe have Jackson and Omon we will be ok, imo.

Michael82
02-18-2009, 07:45 AM
We have Jackson and Omon we will be ok, imo.
:rofl: Yeah because Omon did such a great job impressing in his rookie year.... :sarcasm:

Jan Reimers
02-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Marshawn needs to decide which is more important:

The maturity and responsibility that will allow him to have a long and lucrative NFL career. Or

The gangsta' lifestyle of smoking dope, carrying guns, and hangin' with the homeboys.

I hope he makes the right choice.

DraftBoy
02-18-2009, 07:51 AM
:rofl: Yeah because Omon did such a great job impressing in his rookie year.... :sarcasm:

Oh yes I forgot the constant over dramatic posters on this board can judge a player based on 6 carries, Forgetting the work horse he was in college, and the fact that he broke numerous records.

No none of that matters of course, 6 plays define a career now ladies and gentleman we can judge all players based on our first 6 plays next season!

ddaryl
02-18-2009, 08:36 AM
I have 0 issues with marijuana .. Absolutly none at all... I feel its a pretty pathetic society that criminalizes mj but allows Alcohol, tobacco, and numerous different prescription medication to be legal and acceptable.

"They (officers) knocked on the window of the car. Someone unrolled the window. They saw three people in the car and they could smell a strong odor - marijuana coming from the car. They had the occupants exit so they could further investigate to see if there was any marajuana in the car. What they found were four, not marajuana cigarettes - what they call blunts or swisher sweets that appeared to contain marijuana in them," says Tankenson.

1st their terminology is funny. A blunt is a joint, not anything else.. It is not a mixture its a spliff a blunt a joint.

NOW if you were a police officer and you needed ot justify your search and seizure, what better way of doing so then making up a story of smelling marijuana. Did the police comfinscate these alleged marijuana spliffs.. Because they said they found some blunts that APPEARED to contain MJ, but nobody was charged. The fact nobody was charged with possession is fishy, the cops should have charged the owner of the car because the owner is the one responsible.. Seriously they found marijunana but didn't charge anybody ????????????????????????? AND according to the statement they still don't know if there was marijuana found in those alleged blunts.

But to be sitting in a car and smoking weed especially when your a professional athlete and you can and will be tested doesn't make much sense...

nobody is going to be offering the Bills anything for Lynch. We either cut him, or we hold onto him and hope he gets it together...

TigerJ
02-18-2009, 08:56 AM
1st their terminology is funny. A blunt is a joint, not anything else.. It is not a mixture its a spliff a blunt a joint.

I assumed a "blunt" was a burned out stub of a joint. You're right, the lack of any mention of a charge of marijuana possession is peculiar in light of the reports.

ddaryl
02-18-2009, 09:01 AM
I assumed a "blunt" was a burned out stub of a joint. You're right, the lack of any mention of a charge of marijuana possession is peculiar in light of the reports.

that's a roach. A blunt is a big phatty

Pinkerton Security
02-18-2009, 09:04 AM
my first instinct when reading these were "well which is it? did they observe him performing traffic violations, or did they see him parked suspiciously??"

my next was "weed? why is there no mention of possession ticket?"

my next was "i wonder if they're just covering their asses for having no real reason to search his car"

my last was "lynch is dumb. i wish he wasnt so dumb sometimes..."

justasportsfan
02-18-2009, 09:09 AM
I have 0 issues with marijuana .. Absolutly none at all... I feel its a pretty pathetic society that criminalizes mj but allows Alcohol, tobacco, and numerous different prescription medication to be legal and acceptable.

It's not about the mj, it's about the character. He did something ilegal. He is willing to jeopardize his career and going to jail by breaking the law.

Pinkerton Security
02-18-2009, 09:14 AM
It's not about the mj, it's about the character. He did something ilegal. He is willing to jeopardize his career and going to jail by breaking the law.

But to be sitting in a car and smoking weed especially when your a professional athlete and you can and will be tested doesn't make much sense...

ddaryl
02-18-2009, 09:37 AM

I did mention that I thought it was stupid of him at the end of that post as pinkdogg pointed outr for me above...

but I also question wether there really was any marijuana involved... No arrest for mj, just a statement that says there APPEARED to be MJ in these alleged blunts, and a strong odor.

All a cop needs to justify a search is reasonable cause, and what better way then to claim you smelt an odor, and yet according to the news article they still don't know for sure if there was marijuana in these alleged joints...

trapezeus
02-18-2009, 09:41 AM
the picture the article paints is that ML and his friends are the band in the "enchantment of the sea" dance in Back to the future. Had they found Michael J. Fox in the truck, i'd stop being angry about this story and pleasantly surprised.

TacklingDummy
02-18-2009, 09:42 AM
All a cop needs to justify a search is reasonable cause, and what better way then to claim you smelt an odor, and yet according to the news article they still don't know for sure if there was marijuana in these alleged joints...

One of the reasons blunts are popular is because they mix the marijuana in with the tobacco to cover up the smell.

The officer probably smelled the blunt which led to the search. The officer was correct for searching the car. This situation is not the fault of the officer on duty.

LtFinFan66
02-18-2009, 09:44 AM

NOW if you were a police officer and you needed ot justify your search and seizure, what better way of doing so then making up a story of smelling marijuana. Did the police comfinscate these alleged marijuana spliffs.. Because they said they found some blunts that APPEARED to contain MJ, but nobody was charged. The fact nobody was charged with possession is fishy, the cops should have charged the owner of the car because the owner is the one responsible.. Seriously they found marijunana but didn't charge anybody ????????????????????????? AND according to the statement they still don't know if there was marijuana found in those alleged blunts.

nobody is going to be offering the Bills anything for Lynch. We either cut him, or we hold onto him and hope he gets it together...still illegal though with or without your blessing. Plus the gun is the big issue here

Pinkerton Security
02-18-2009, 09:50 AM
One of the reasons blunts are popular is because they mix the marijuana in with the tobacco to cover up the smell.

The officer probably smelled the blunt which led to the search. The officer was correct for searching the car. This situation is not the fault of the officer on duty.
i thought it was bc you can pack a whole s***load of weed in there and look like Bob freakin Marley minus the awesomeness and dreads.

justasportsfan
02-18-2009, 09:52 AM
I did mention that I thought it was stupid of him at the end of that post as pinkdogg pointed outr for me above...

but I also question wether there really was any marijuana involved... No arrest for mj, just a statement that says there APPEARED to be MJ in these alleged blunts, and a strong odor.

I was merely pointing out the part of his character that he was willing to break the law regardless of what we think (and I agree with you on mj vs. alcohol) of mj. If it is also proven that Lynch owns the ilegal gun, then once again that's strike 2 when it comes to his willingness to break the law.

We shall soon find out what the judge says about reasonable cause or if the search was justifiable.

ddaryl
02-18-2009, 10:08 AM
still illegal though with or without your blessing. Plus the gun is the big issue here

OK

but do you honestly think there was marijuana in the car and yet no arrest made in reagrds to this..

yes the gun is the big issue but this new report of marijuana is a huge joke that I find irritating. Make the arrest, but don't say you alledgedly found something that MAY contain marijuana and yet can't say for sure. Either it is or it isn't there is no Alledged.

trapezeus
02-18-2009, 10:30 AM
i can't believe this story broke. I mean, Buffalo Running Backs have had such a great reputation over the years. I would have assumed ML was a saint who could coax fairies to bring us peace on earth.

feldspar
02-18-2009, 11:19 AM
LOL...he has the same lawyer as Robert Blake did. You know he's a darn good lawyer if he can make the alibi of "he couldn't have shot her because he was too busy going back for his gun at the time" stick.

Throne Logic
02-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Regardless of how, why, what else they found, and who it belonged to . . .

What kind of poor judgement do you have to have to continuously put yourself into positions where this sort of thing can happen?

dplus47
02-18-2009, 04:41 PM
OK

but do you honestly think there was marijuana in the car and yet no arrest made in reagrds to this..

yes the gun is the big issue but this new report of marijuana is a huge joke that I find irritating. Make the arrest, but don't say you alledgedly found something that MAY contain marijuana and yet can't say for sure. Either it is or it isn't there is no Alledged.
i live in LA (not that this really matters, but...) and off the top of my head i can think of several people i know who were stopped by cops and had marijuana on them (just for personal consumption, like a joint or blunt or whatever) and weren't charged for that, but simply had to get rid of it (i.e. "smash that pipe, son," or whatever). i think there are cops in cali who realize that the marijuana laws are bogus, and who don't necessarily want to just bust people for that. it doesn't strike me as odd that pot would be the reason for the search that led to the gun without pot charges being involved. technically, the cops in cali can impound your car if they find drugs in it, but i think that's used mainly if "dealer" quantities are involved. our court systems are too jammed up without people going there for a joint.

as for a "blunt," it's a mixture of pot and a little cigar. the name came from the "phillies blunt" brand of cigars.

Goobylal
02-18-2009, 07:11 PM
i live in LA (not that this really matters, but...) and off the top of my head i can think of several people i know who were stopped by cops and had marijuana on them (just for personal consumption, like a joint or blunt or whatever) and weren't charged for that, but simply had to get rid of it (i.e. "smash that pipe, son," or whatever). i think there are cops in cali who realize that the marijuana laws are bogus, and who don't necessarily want to just bust people for that. it doesn't strike me as odd that pot would be the reason for the search that led to the gun without pot charges being involved. technically, the cops in cali can impound your car if they find drugs in it, but i think that's used mainly if "dealer" quantities are involved. our court systems are too jammed up without people going there for a joint.
Let me preface this by saying that I believe your story. But I have a problem with it on several levels.

First of all, people you know were caught with pot but told to get rid of it and got away with it, right? Let me ask you; did they search your friends' cars, much less make them open the trunk? Were they white, black, other?

Second of all, regarding the "courts are too jammed up" comment, is sending a pro football player with no history of violence (at least off-the-field) to court over a loaded gun that almost everyone knows he won't use a worthwhile use of court time and money? If so, why?

Now if this were you, would you want to be charged with a felony and miss 1/4 of your work season for possibly forgetting to unload your gun before you put it in your car? Is Lynch the guy for whom the gun laws were intended?

yordad
02-18-2009, 07:29 PM
I have never known anyone to mix their weed with tobacco. The philly is used for the wrap.

PcA125
02-18-2009, 08:12 PM
wow.. so the tags were ****ed up on the car.. and they were sitting on the side of road with the engine running.. weed smoke coming out of the car.. and a loaded gun that they tossed in the trunk.

great job lynch. what a complete ****ing moron.. anyone who defends this ****ing idiot is a douchebag.

how ****ing lucky is he not to be charged with the possession of weed too.. not to mention that he could be randomly drug tested, and would clearly fail at this point..

i am officially on the "lynch can go **** himself" train.. trade this guy for any pick you can get and sign jackson long term. **** lynch.. he clearly doesnt appreciate the opportunity that he has been given.. where as jackson had to work so hard for his shot.. he deserves the job.

**** that ghetto thug lynch.. he will probably end up like henry.. no brains because he is smoking them all away and rollin with his homies.. bling bling his grills and flashin his gat, yo.. ****ing worthless turd.

Are you serious? If we got rid of every guy on the team that smoked week we wouldnt be able to play a game... once he gets back on the field and starts running people over again everyone is going to forget about this.

Tatonka
02-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Are you serious? If we got rid of every guy on the team that smoked week we wouldnt be able to play a game... once he gets back on the field and starts running people over again everyone is going to forget about this.

it is about a lot more than just smoking weed.. i personally dont give a **** about average joe smoking up.. my brother will be a life long weed smoker and he can do that at his own house with the job he works without any risk.. but lynch is supposed to be a leader on this team and a key member of our offense.. and now that the league knows he got pulled with blunts in the car and a loaded gun in the trunk, you think they won't start testing him more? and he deserves it for being af ucking moron.

Tatonka
02-18-2009, 08:50 PM

exactly.

Tatonka
02-18-2009, 08:53 PM
i thought it was bc you can pack a whole s***load of weed in there and look like Bob freakin Marley minus the awesomeness and dreads.

yeah, that is really more the point.. a little bit of wrapper is not going to mask the smell of a huge wad of weed.

trade him. cut bait now and get what you can. this is two offseason in a row that he cant keep his dick clean..

he doesnt give a **** about the team or the fans or his career.. let him go self destruct somewhere else with all the other extremely talented players that suck at life.

Goobylal
02-18-2009, 09:14 PM
it is about a lot more than just smoking weed.. i personally dont give a **** about average joe smoking up.. my brother will be a life long weed smoker and he can do that at his own house with the job he works without any risk.. but lynch is supposed to be a leader on this team and a key member of our offense.. and now that the league knows he got pulled with blunts in the car and a loaded gun in the trunk, you think they won't start testing him more? and he deserves it for being af ucking moron.
Are you for real? It's okay for your bro to toke it up because he's got an unimportant job and does it at home (where it's still illegal, bud)? But it's bad for Lynch because it might take him off the football field and hurt your viewing pleasure? Now I've heard everything!

feldspar
02-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Are you for real? It's okay for your bro to toke it up because he's got an unimportant job and does it at home (where it's still illegal, bud)? But it's bad for Lynch because it might take him off the football field and hurt your viewing pleasure? Now I've heard everything!

What Lynch does affects ME because I'm a Bills fan. I think that what he was saying is that Lynch is so much stupider to do it since he has so much more to lose. Lynch can lose his 7 figure salary and let down countless people for getting busted for it...meanwhile, this guy's brother won't even lose his job over it (the way I hear it).

There is a big picutre here. Lynch is affecting every Bills fan and every member of his team...people on his team can lose THEIR jobs if Lynch is suspended and the performance of the team suffers. The NFL itself loses face over it.

mybills
02-19-2009, 07:45 AM
A blunt is a joint, not anything else

I can see a difference between a blunt
-
http://www.captainblunt.com/myspace/how_to_roll_a_blunt.jpg
-
and a joint
-
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/7/A/arnold_joint.jpg

:couch:

ddaryl
02-19-2009, 08:00 AM
sorry the 1st pic is blocked for me...

mybills
02-19-2009, 08:17 AM
sorry the 1st pic is blocked for me...

bigbry
02-19-2009, 03:31 PM

And if for that reason only he was stupid.

dplus47
02-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Let me preface this by saying that I believe your story. But I have a problem with it on several levels.

First of all, people you know were caught with pot but told to get rid of it and got away with it, right? Let me ask you; did they search your friends' cars, much less make them open the trunk? Were they white, black, other?

Second of all, regarding the "courts are too jammed up" comment, is sending a pro football player with no history of violence (at least off-the-field) to court over a loaded gun that almost everyone knows he won't use a worthwhile use of court time and money? If so, why?

Now if this were you, would you want to be charged with a felony and miss 1/4 of your work season for possibly forgetting to unload your gun before you put it in your car? Is Lynch the guy for whom the gun laws were intended?

1. re: demographics. one white guy, one group of guys (one of whom was black)

2. re: searching, citations. once they have you pulled over, they run your tags and they can search your car or whatever they want. in both cases, the car was searched for more pot, and none was found. one guy got a ticket for expired registration, the other got a "fix it" ticket for a broken rear-view mirror.

3. re: courts. doesn't matter whether somebody is a "pro football player" or not, in my mind. and the "history of violence" isn't really a factor, either. the gun laws are there to prevent violence, not punish violence that has already occurred. it is absolutely worthy of being in the court system.

i'm not saying they should put lynch away, but i don't buy the "almost everyone knows he won't use it" argument. that's something that nobody should buy. how do you know? because he hasn't shot someone before? there's always a first time.

as for the pot, i'm talking about letting someone walk for what can easily be determined is a possession/consumption issue and not a distribution issue. in teh cases i know about, anybody could tell that the pot was for consumption, because it was being consumed and no more was found.

i suspect that minor pot offenders often get out of geting a citation because when the officer asks "got anything else in the car?" they are being truthful when they answer.

as far as i'm concerned, the gun laws are for everybody. so are the pot laws, but take a poll of the culver city population and see which laws they care about more.

if it were me in lynch's position, i would expect consequences. i'd at least expect to have to go to court. loaded guns are court worthy in my opinion.

the law wouldn't care where you or i work, why should it care where marshawn works? that is a non-issue.

Goobylal
02-19-2009, 06:30 PM
1. re: demographics. one white guy, one group of guys (one of whom was black)

2. re: searching, citations. once they have you pulled over, they run your tags and they can search your car or whatever they want. in both cases, the car was searched for more pot, and none was found. one guy got a ticket for expired registration, the other got a "fix it" ticket for a broken rear-view mirror.

3. re: courts. doesn't matter whether somebody is a "pro football player" or not, in my mind. and the "history of violence" isn't really a factor, either. the gun laws are there to prevent violence, not punish violence that has already occurred. it is absolutely worthy of being in the court system.

i'm not saying they should put lynch away, but i don't buy the "almost everyone knows he won't use it" argument. that's something that nobody should buy. how do you know? because he hasn't shot someone before? there's always a first time.

as for the pot, i'm talking about letting someone walk for what can easily be determined is a possession/consumption issue and not a distribution issue. in teh cases i know about, anybody could tell that the pot was for consumption, because it was being consumed and no more was found.

i suspect that minor pot offenders often get out of geting a citation because when the officer asks "got anything else in the car?" they are being truthful when they answer.

as far as i'm concerned, the gun laws are for everybody. so are the pot laws, but take a poll of the culver city population and see which laws they care about more.

if it were me in lynch's position, i would expect consequences. i'd at least expect to have to go to court. loaded guns are court worthy in my opinion.

the law wouldn't care where you or i work, why should it care where marshawn works? that is a non-issue.
Actually having or not having a history of violence is a big factor. Charging someone with a felony for a first offense in a non-violent crime ilke this is overly severe. I'd expect him to get a misdemeanor and probation, like Tank Johnson got the first time. And if it happens again, then he should get a felony charge. Again it's a "spirit of the law" versus the "letter of the law," since those laws were enacted for violent criminals, not dumb non-violent people.

But what could kill the DA's case is if they didn't seize the blunts and have them tested for marijuana. A cop can make any allegation he wants just to justify his actions, but without proof, it doesn't matter. And as it is, alleging that there was marijuana in the car, but not bothering to charge Lynch (to whom the car was registered, and thus responsible for marijuana being in it) for it, sounds highly suspicious. A gun and pot charge is a great double-whammy for the police. So Lynch's lawyer has something real to work with. And it wouldn't surprise me (again if they didn't test the blunts) that there is a defamation lawsuit against LA county coming.