Clumpy... help please (related to Suggs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Clumpy... help please (related to Suggs)

So Suggs is going to be franchised.

With three linebackers poised to hit free agency, the Baltimore Ravens faced a trilemma regarding the use of the franchise tag.

If the Bills (or anyone) were to trade for him, do they have to have the cap room to absorb the franchise tender amount to make the trade?

I would think that the Bills would make an agreement on picks for the trade, then negotiate a new contract with Suggs, and then the trade is completed.

If that's right, I don't see why we would have to have enough room to cover the franchise tender.

But I can honestly say I dont know how it works.

--Also, please don't respond saying we wont trade for him, I know we almost definitely wont. The point of this thread is just to figure out how the franchise tag and trade thing works.

BTW, Dansby is tagged too.

As expected, the Arizona Cardinals have placed the franchise tag on linebacker Karlos Dansby, according to the Arizona Republic.

• highlandfire69
    Junior Zoner
    • Feb 2009

Re: Clumpy... help please (related to Suggs)

I am not clump, but I have stayed at a holliday inn! :-) We have 26 million in cap room so yes we could trade for him. We would promptly sign him to a long term deal cutting that number down some. but I doubt we go after suggs.

Comment

• Stewie
      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
      • Aug 2002

there is no way buffalo would get rid of picks without knowing if suggs or anyone else will sign a long term deal. I don't see any team ever doing this. Except maybe washington or dallas, if they're owners get drunk on stupid for awhile.
      Originally posted by Topdog
      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
      Originally posted by mercyrule
      I love Weiner.
      Originally posted by mercyrule
      also cheese

Comment

• clumping platelets

Bills can do it if they truly want. However, he's gonna be looking for TOP dollar. Doubt Bills would go in that direction

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Suggs wants to stay and is best suited in a 3-4 defense. He's not coming to Buffalo to join our crapper version of a Tampa 2.

Comment

• Jeff1220
            H to the 12:20
            • Jul 2002

Baltimore isn't tagging Suggs to trade him. They're tagging him to keep him.

Comment

Working...
            X