PDA

View Full Version : trade value for Lynch

kernowboy
02-18-2009, 06:40 AM
Now that it is reported that the Lynch case may have involved the consumption of weed as well, I was just wondering what sort of trade value we could get for Lynch.

I know fans have been saying a 1st round is a must, but I recall we didn't do too badly out of the McGahee deal.

The 3rd in 2007, allowed us to focus on replacing Willis McGahee in Round1, allowed us to use our own 3rd round pick to grab Paul Pozluzsny and use the McGahee pick on Trent Edwards

The 3rd in 2008, was traded to the Jaguars for Marcus Stroud.

So by trading McGahee, we got in direct return Trent Edwards and Marcus Stroud, allowed us to use our own pick to move to get Pozluzsny, and gave us the opportunity to address needs with our own picks elsewhere.

If we were to get similar compensation for Lynch, in R3'2009 such names as

Rashad Jennings, Javon Ringer or Donald Brown at RB
Chase Coffman or Jared Cook at TE
Nic Harris or Mike Hamlin at SS
Juaquin Iglesias, Brandon Gibson, or Louis Murphy at WR

or provide ammunition for us to move up in the draft

In 2010, current R3 projections include

Pat Devlin or Tim Hillier at QB
Stefen Wisniewski or Josh McNeil on the OL
Vince Oghobaase or Jared Odrick on the DL
Martez Wilson or Sean Lee at LB

and unlike when we traded McGahee we already have someone who can pick up the slack without having to draft a replacement immediately

Two 3rds for Lynch? There are possibilities

Kenny
02-18-2009, 07:18 AM
I honestly dont see how anyone would give up a first round pick for Lynch. He's good, definately above average, -but he isnt elite. He's a tough rb who'll fight for yards, but he's definately not a home run hitter.

Plus, looking back from last year, RB's are a dime a dozen. We'd be lucky to get a low 2nd round pick (35-40) for him. I'd say realistically a late 2nd rounder to maybe two 3rd round picks again.

Jeff1220
02-18-2009, 07:28 AM
I don't see a trade happenning. Lynch is a good back and with only 2 seasons under his belt, he may not even be at his best yet. Hopefully, he'll get a significant punishment this time around (something that has been lacking in his previous run-ins w/trouble) and he'll finally grow up a bit. Lynch is a hard player and a seemingly likable guy, who has made some seriously idiotic choices. I'd like to see a real punishment and how he responds to it before we send him packing.

DraftBoy
02-18-2009, 07:41 AM
Now that it is reported that the Lynch case may have involved the consumption of weed as well, I was just wondering what sort of trade value we could get for Lynch.

I know fans have been saying a 1st round is a must, but I recall we didn't do too badly out of the McGahee deal.

The 3rd in 2007, allowed us to focus on replacing Willis McGahee in Round1, allowed us to use our own 3rd round pick to grab Paul Pozluzsny and use the McGahee pick on Trent Edwards

The 3rd in 2008, was traded to the Jaguars for Marcus Stroud.

So by trading McGahee, we got in direct return Trent Edwards and Marcus Stroud, allowed us to use our own pick to move to get Pozluzsny, and gave us the opportunity to address needs with our own picks elsewhere.

If we were to get similar compensation for Lynch, in R3'2009 such names as

Rashad Jennings, Javon Ringer or Donald Brown at RB
Chase Coffman or Jared Cook at TE
Nic Harris or Mike Hamlin at SS
Juaquin Iglesias, Brandon Gibson, or Louis Murphy at WR

or provide ammunition for us to move up in the draft

In 2010, current R3 projections include

Pat Devlin or Tim Hillier at QB
Stefen Wisniewski or Josh McNeil on the OL
Vince Oghobaase or Jared Odrick on the DL
Martez Wilson or Sean Lee at LB

and unlike when we traded McGahee we already have someone who can pick up the slack without having to draft a replacement immediately

Two 3rds for Lynch? There are possibilities

I think your 2010 draft valuations are off right now. Devlin is a low round prospect, Hillier around a 4th or 5th. Oghobaase is a 1st Rounder and Odrick is a 1st-2nd. Wilson may be a 3rd Rounder and Lee is lower because of his injury issues.

casdhf
02-18-2009, 08:13 AM
He has glaucoma, why do you think we wears the dark visor? The weed is medicinal.

Ickybaluky
02-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Trading Lynch would be dumb, IMO. First of all, you aren't going to get value for the player with his recent arrest, and because there are a number of other options out there at this time of the year between draft and FA. It makes no sense to dump him for little value.

Personally, getting caught with pot or with a gun is not really that big a deal. It happens all the time, both to NFL players and people who aren't pro athletes. You can get on your high horse if you want, but his problems have been relatively minor.

However, what should be concerning in the pattern he has established for getting caught up in these small matters. He is exposing himself to league programs which will bring him under greater scrutiny, and it isn't going to be as easy for him to get away with future transgressions.

Marshawn needs to realize he has to straighten out his act and fly straight. He has put himself in a position, fair or not, where he is going to be subject to possible increased scrutiny as part of the league's programs covering guns and substance abuse. It should be eye-opening for him. A lot of young guys who run into some money they never had before are going to have some issues, but now it is the time to grow up.

Wally The Barber
02-18-2009, 08:56 AM
I can see a #3 with a possible move up to #2 if he stays out of trouble

ddaryl
02-18-2009, 09:00 AM
there is no value for Lynch at this point... I don't think any team would give up a pick to sign a player who can't stay out of trouble. This is re-enforced by the Pacman Jonses of the NFL...

We either cut him and move on or let it play out and hope he gets it back together...

justasportsfan
02-18-2009, 09:14 AM
WE should trade him for Ricky Williams. :ill:

bflojohn
02-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Marshall Faulk, in his hayday, brought a 2nd and 5th round deal when the Colts traded him! That's a probable Hall of Fame back..... anyone still thinking 1st round?

cocamide
02-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Trading Lynch would be dumb, IMO. First of all, you aren't going to get value for the player with his recent arrest, and because there are a number of other options out there at this time of the year between draft and FA. It makes no sense to dump him for little value.

Personally, getting caught with pot or with a gun is not really that big a deal. It happens all the time, both to NFL players and people who aren't pro athletes. You can get on your high horse if you want, but his problems have been relatively minor.

However, what should be concerning in the pattern he has established for getting caught up in these small matters. He is exposing himself to league programs which will bring him under greater scrutiny, and it isn't going to be as easy for him to get away with future transgressions.

Marshawn needs to realize he has to straighten out his act and fly straight. He has put himself in a position, fair or not, where he is going to be subject to possible increased scrutiny as part of the league's programs covering guns and substance abuse. It should be eye-opening for him. A lot of young guys who run into some money they never had before are going to have some issues, but now it is the time to grow up.

Great post. I really hope Lynch shapes up. He needs to make wiser decisions and avoid those people who he grew up with who aren't doing anything useful with their lives. They'll just hold him back. He seems like a good person who just needs someone to set him straight, but it needs to be done before its too late.

PECKERWOOD
02-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Marshall Faulk, in his hayday, brought a 2nd and 5th round deal when the Colts traded him! That's a Hall of Fame back..... anyone still thinking 1st round?

fixed

BTW, I think it's safe to say that Indy got robbed on that trade.

yordad
02-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Marshall Faulk, in his hayday, brought a 2nd and 5th round deal when the Colts traded him! That's a probable Hall of Fame back..... anyone still thinking 1st round?Yes, and no thanks.

TacklingDummy
02-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Should had traded Lynch last year when I suggested it. His value was higher then.