X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soapman
    • Jan 2008

People absolutly KILL me!

Why is it that for every negative thing you idiots want to trade away our greatest players. That same mentality in the early 90s would have resulted in the trades of Thurman, Bruce, and Biscuit! All big alcoholics in their day. I'm so glad that the FO doesn't have your sub average intelligence and are at least trying to keep our good players while you complain that they don't make enough moves. This is real life not Madden. You can't just sign all the best free agents, especially if you have a team with no top players. Who would want to sign with a team like that? Are you really surprized that Gonzo didn't want to come here? SO trade away all the attractive players and hope Hansworth and Boldin will want to come here. On top of that, a team doesn't just jettison a player just becuase he has problems. They work with him to try to make him fit in and get on the right track. ML is just a kid, he's gonna make mistakes. How about a little loyalty to our best player? How about a little loyalty for our only pro bowler? How about a little loyalty for the one player that actually looked like he belonged in the NFL last year? God forbid someone makes a f'n mistake. Hell, we haven't even heard the entire story. How do you know that the gun was his? How clear was it that the most famous and the most important person in a group was the owner of the gun. You didn't complain when he was rushing for a grand the last two years. Now your ready to get rid of him. Get real, get a life, and thank God you're not any team member of mine!

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: People absolutly KILL me!

soapy, you have to stop beating around the bush, and tell us how you really feel. But I agree with much of what you've said.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

calling people idiots wasn't a very smart thing to do.... people don't want to deal with players holding out or getting suspended. I don't it doens't help the team at all.

unfortunately what good is a player that is going to be suspended, and seems to be forming a pattern of problems and future suspensions. Missing 4 games this year could mean the Bills lose 2 or more of those games and miss the playoffs again because of his actions.

He's running out of chances. I don't think the Bills will do anything of the sort in regards to trading or releasing Lynch at this time, but if he gets into trouble just one more time... he's a goner regardless of what he can do on the field when he is on the field.

he either wisens up NOW or he isn't a Bill in the future... Dallas gave Pacman another shot and how were they rewarded for that....

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

The only player I would realistically like to see traded is Parrish. How many of our WRs can actually play the position? Jenkins and Parrish are both dedicated primarily as STers, yeah that bothers me. Especially when we already have McKelvin and McGee who can share duties as our KRs and PRs. Oh btw, Parrish can't even kick return well. So you're practically wasting one spot on a guy who can really only return punts.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by soapman
          Why is it that for every negative thing you idiots want to trade away our greatest players. That same mentality in the early 90s would have resulted in the trades of Thurman, Bruce, and Biscuit! All big alcoholics in their day. I'm so glad that the FO doesn't have your sub average intelligence and are at least trying to keep our good players while you complain that they don't make enough moves. This is real life not Madden. You can't just sign all the best free agents, especially if you have a team with no top players. Who would want to sign with a team like that? Are you really surprized that Gonzo didn't want to come here? SO trade away all the attractive players and hope Hansworth and Boldin will want to come here. On top of that, a team doesn't just jettison a player just becuase he has problems. They work with him to try to make him fit in and get on the right track. ML is just a kid, he's gonna make mistakes. How about a little loyalty to our best player? How about a little loyalty for our only pro bowler? How about a little loyalty for the one player that actually looked like he belonged in the NFL last year? God forbid someone makes a f'n mistake. Hell, we haven't even heard the entire story. How do you know that the gun was his? How clear was it that the most famous and the most important person in a group was the owner of the gun. You didn't complain when he was rushing for a grand the last two years. Now your ready to get rid of him. Get real, get a life, and thank God you're not any team member of mine!
          I agree. Lynch is an idiot.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Marvelous
            • Feb 2004

More clearly from my POV--
            - I agree that a majority of teh online fanbase has Madden transactions in mind.
            -Example--In Madden if you trade shop Peters you can gget a Stud WR and that teams 1st rounder..
            ---Trading a top 3 overall position away when you have a stud is just ******ed..
            --I wouldn't have minded trading Evans for Boldin str8^. Since Evans doesn't fit our QB as well as Anquan would(imo of course).. I really dislike the Evans Trent Edwards connection. There's no sync... But Evans is now here for teh long haul & Trent is on the hot seat. Which he shouldn't be since we've so little invested in him.....Is it that big a deal to draft a hopefull or seek a starter in FA? Trent struggled and most likely will again next year.. Learning curve blues??? I hope so, so we do have a future sunrise w/ him.

---Thread starter, name calling gets nowhere, esp here @ the zone..Start attacking the POV, not the poster...
            GO BILLS!!! NE
            Magical Trevor

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Marvelous
              More clearly from my POV--
              - I agree that a majority of teh online fanbase has Madden transactions in mind.
              -Example--In Madden if you trade shop Peters you can gget a Stud WR and that teams 1st rounder..
              ---Trading a top 3 overall position away when you have a stud is just ******ed..
              --I wouldn't have minded trading Evans for Boldin str8^. Since Evans doesn't fit our QB as well as Anquan would(imo of course).. I really dislike the Evans Trent Edwards connection. There's no sync... But Evans is now here for teh long haul & Trent is on the hot seat. Which he shouldn't be since we've so little invested in him.....Is it that big a deal to draft a hopefull or seek a starter in FA? Trent struggled and most likely will again next year.. Learning curve blues??? I hope so, so we do have a future sunrise w/ him.

---Thread starter, name calling gets nowhere, esp here @ the zone..Start attacking the POV, not the poster...

You make it seems like the underachieving tandem of Lee and Trent is Lee's fault. Evans is more proven than Trent. NO way would I bring or take away players based on Trents play. Trent gets the benefit of the doubt because of Turk. Otherwise, he's not even worthy of being called a starter, yet.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

At the end of the day, the rules in the NFL are much harsher than they were in Bruce and Thurman's prime.

If a player cannot get on the field because of his off-field behaviour what is the point of paying him a wage and having him on the roster?

There are plenty of players who have run for a grand over the last season in his position?

Do you have some sort of personal love for Lynch?

Because after reading your post the only idiot I can see is YOU !!!!

Comment

• soapman
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Marvelous

That's not name calling, it was fact stating. Anybody that feels like Lynch should be traded or released falls in that category...

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

That's not name calling, it was fact stating. Anybody that feels like Lynch should be traded or released falls in that category...
                    No it's a ****ing opinion

Comment

No it is your opinion. That is all.

Unless you are claiming to be the greatest ever expert in the history of the NFL with the ability to predict the future and say with 100% certainty that Lynch will not receive any suspension, and will never ever again do anything that might result in him getting into trouble with the authorities.

All on Billszone await your cast iron guarantee

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

I also agree Lynch is an idiot...

And he's not one of our greatest players, he's a dime a dozen NFL RB that is no better than the guy who's "allegedly" behind him on the depth chart.

When you have a position of strength with two very capable players, you should try to pursue avenues to make other areas of your team better. Especially when one of the guys is a braindead moron who makes poor decisions.

Comment

• soapman
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by kernowboy
                          At the end of the day, the rules in the NFL are much harsher than they were in Bruce and Thurman's prime.

If a player cannot get on the field because of his off-field behaviour what is the point of paying him a wage and having him on the roster?

There are plenty of players who have run for a grand over the last season in his position?

Do you have some sort of personal love for Lynch?

Because after reading your post the only idiot I can see is YOU !!!!
                          How many of those yards were ML's alone? With this crappy line, it's a wonder he gained 5 yards. I have a love for Lynch but a better love for winning. He helps us win. And I'm an idiot for wanting to keep him? If running backs are so dime-a-dozen, how come we've had one decent one since Thurman retired?

Originally posted by ddaryl
                          No it's a ****ing opinion
                          It's an informed opinion, something you apparently have never had.

Originally posted by kernowboy
                          Unless you are claiming to be the greatest ever expert in the history of the NFL with the ability to predict the future and say with 100% certainty that Lynch will not receive any suspension, and will never ever again do anything that might result in him getting into trouble with the authorities.

All on Billszone await your cast iron guarantee
                          I never made that claim. Go back and read what I wrote, I never said that he will never get in trouble again. I said you don't just give up on a player just because he makes a few mistake. He's a 22 year old kid with millions in his pocket. We were all fools and most of us were broke at 22. A "team" would try to embrace him and help him grow up, not throw him away and leave a teamate behind. His first brush with the law was an accident. His decision making after the incident was that of a kid. This incident, if everything is what the police say is a bad decision but does it define him? Does that quantify as a trend or is it something that he can grow from? Everyone deserves a chance. If I gave up on the men that served with me in the Air Force because they had a few problems or mistakes, there would be a lot less good Air Traffic Controllers in this world. With fear of getting censored by the BZ God's I won't guarantee what I think of your opinion, that's the only one I can make.

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                          I also agree Lynch is an idiot...

And he's not one of our greatest players, he's a dime a dozen NFL RB that is no better than the guy who's "allegedly" behind him on the depth chart.

When you have a position of strength with two very capable players, you should try to pursue avenues to make other areas of your team better. Especially when one of the guys is a braindead moron who makes poor decisions.
                          Were do I start? Name 3 players on the roster that are more physically dominating in this league. Hell name 2. I dare you. I din't say of all time I said on this team right now. The guy that is "allegedly" behind him? At this point, I question whether you even know what that means. Additionally, anyone who thinks Freddy is a better back then ML, clearly doesn't have an opinion worth my time and effort. Maybe you were speaking of the wrong braindead moron IMO.

Comment

• billogic99
                            • Oct 2008

Ever here of a paragraph? Anyways, I think 2 incidnets that could both have been Felony's by one player in a years time is a bit much. You need to consider the fact that there are a whole lotta things to do with your spare time when you're poor, mcuh less filthy rich. Lynch is quickly becomong Pac man Jones 2. I understand the desire to send the guy packing. Everyone on this site wants to see SB not police blotters. Lynch just cost this teams 4 games minimum without his services, for his latest idiotic run in with the "PO PO".

Now what happens if he tests positive for drugs? You think that's gonna make it better? I think Lynch had every chance in the world to learn from his last mistake, how damn lucjky do you have to be to get away with 100 fine and no suspension? For a hit and run? He could have really hurt that person and been in major doo doo. Instead what does he do? Goes out buy's a guy in a state that doesn't tolerate anything involving firearms, he loads the gun and gets caught in a car with pot smokers and an illegal loaded weapon. Brilliant, why didn't he just walk up to the commish and ***** slap him? The punishment wouldn't have been quite as severe. Lynch shows unbelieveable talnet on the field and gets every Bill fan thrilled about the future and then try's to find a way to piss it all away. I think the Bill fans have a good reason to want him off the team.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Were do I start? Name 3 players on the roster that are more physically dominating in this league. Hell name 2. I dare you. I din't say of all time I said on this team right now. The guy that is "allegedly" behind him? At this point, I question whether you even know what that means. Additionally, anyone who thinks Freddy is a better back then ML, clearly doesn't have an opinion worth my time and effort. Maybe you were speaking of the wrong braindead moron IMO.
                              Physically dominating? Fred Jackson can run through tackles, gain extra yards after contact and make more than one guy bring him down. We've all seen it.

Difference is, he doesn't run to contact, he doesn't dance, he hits the holes and he doesn't have hands of stone.

If you can't see that Jackson is the better all around back, on and off the field, you're the one who's opinion shouldn't matter.

Lynch for someone so physically dominating as you claim sure can't block worth a damn.

I love how you bring up the three on this team argument for a reason who is indispensable. We have a roster full of guys who completely blow and shouldn't be in the NFL all over the place. A high schooler would be physically dominate among grammar school kids too, is that really a worthwhile comparison or compliment though?

Throughout the league I can list off probably a hundred guys w/o a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X