PDA

View Full Version : Whos buffalos 1st FA signing starting the 27th

Mitchell55
02-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Id say, either Birk or collin cole.

Pinkerton Security
02-18-2009, 01:47 PM
birk, saturday or that center from the ravens (brown?)

kernowboy
02-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Jake Grove from the Raiders

PECKERWOOD
02-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Jake Grove from the Raiders

That dude is always injured... We had still better draft a capable center if we add him in FA.

patmoran2006
02-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Even though you annoy the living hell out of me, I will take my hat off to you for finally making a thread that is WORTH a solid discussion.

Tough to say who would be first. Typically, we get the guy we're gonna spend on very early.

So going by what I think is going to happen; I'll go with Jason Brown.

patmoran2006
02-18-2009, 01:58 PM
For the record, just my opinion, but I do not see us signing Birk or Saturday.

Why sign an aging center? MY guess is we bring back Preston to backup all three interior spots. Why waste a draft pick on a rookie when center is clearly a need, and Jason Brown is not only young, but has PROVEN he can handle tough 3-4 NT's? Something we obviously have a world of problems with.

X-Era
02-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Even though you annoy the living hell out of me, I will take my hat off to you for finally making a thread that is WORTH a solid discussion.

Tough to say who would be first. Typically, we get the guy we're gonna spend on very early.

So going by what I think is going to happen; I'll go with Jason Brown.

If we land Jason Brown I will be stoked!

Thats a very good move.

Pinkerton Security
02-18-2009, 02:05 PM

Why sign an aging center? MY guess is we bring back Preston to backup all three interior spots. Why waste a draft pick on a rookie when center is clearly a need, and Jason Brown is not only young, but has PROVEN he can handle tough 3-4 NT's? Something we obviously have a world of problems with.

I said Birk and Saturday because i think the Bills could take either of them. If you asked who I would rather have, it would definitely be Brown.

TacklingDummy
02-18-2009, 02:06 PM

I'd say some special teams player who has potential.

Jan Reimers
02-18-2009, 02:22 PM
TE Owen Daniels.

bigbub2352
02-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Josh Brown center from Baltimore, fills our biggest need as per getting the offense on track

DraftBoy
02-18-2009, 03:12 PM
DE Montgomery

patmoran2006
02-18-2009, 03:17 PM
TE Owen Daniels.
no way, though I'd love for you to be right.
EVen if we somehow did get him, it would take time.. He's not a UFA.

yordad
02-18-2009, 03:26 PM
I think it will be Saturday, although I would rather have Brown.

Mr. Pink
02-18-2009, 05:29 PM
QB Kyle Boller....

No it will likely be some type of role player that none of us will have any inkling about them bringing in....

Like Whittle a couple years ago.

jimbohastle51
02-18-2009, 05:35 PM
if todd heap is released i totally see him being a jauron guy unfortunatley but MY GUESS is bo scaife. i think this is there top NEED target. bo scaife is the best UFA out there and he is as good as any TE that we would draft in the first 3 rounds in this years draft, and he is a very talented TE and a guy that will still allow fine and sho to get playing time (not like gonzo were our other 2 TEs that the coaching staff likes would never see the feild)

jimbohastle51
02-18-2009, 05:38 PM

i think you have alot of good points and if you go by upside, brown has shown the potential to be as good as birk or saturday were in there prime. if we sign birk or saturday i think you can guarantee that in one of the first 3 rounds we plan on taking a C, because niether of those guys are going to get more than a 2 year deal at there ages, and there are 3-4 viable C options in the draft. basically it would be a last ditch attempt at suring up our O-line to make a playoff run to save the coaching staff jobs.

BillsWin
02-18-2009, 05:45 PM
I can guarantee that we will get flooded with rumors as to who we are talking to starting at midnight.

X-Era
02-18-2009, 05:52 PM
i think you have alot of good points and if you go by upside, brown has shown the potential to be as good as birk or saturday were in there prime. if we sign birk or saturday i think you can guarantee that in one of the first 3 rounds we plan on taking a C, because niether of those guys are going to get more than a 2 year deal at there ages, and there are 3-4 viable C options in the draft. basically it would be a last ditch attempt at suring up our O-line to make a playoff run to save the coaching staff jobs.

If we sign Brown, we wont be looking at a new C for 5 years at least.

PECKERWOOD
02-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Todd Heap, TE, Baltimore

Nighthawk
02-18-2009, 07:43 PM

Birk or Brown...unless they REALLY are targeting Haynesworth...:grovel:

X-Era
02-18-2009, 07:46 PM

Just a quick question... did anyone report anything about the Bills being interested in Haynesworth?

Pretty sure thats tampering.

Romes
02-18-2009, 07:58 PM
It'll be some veteran back OL who can play multiple positions...someone to replace Whittle/Chambers.

jimbohastle51
02-18-2009, 08:01 PM
If we sign Brown, we wont be looking at a new C for 5 years at least.
exactly that was my point in my post. birk and saturday are just really good stop gaps but they are not going to man that position for more than a year or 2. with brown you dont have to prioritize C in the draft this year as he will be the guy for a very long period of time (5 years is a long time in NFL years with one team).

Nighthawk
02-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Just a quick question... did anyone report anything about the Bills being interested in Haynesworth?

Pretty sure thats tampering.

Nah...just a board rumor, but why not have a little fun with it...right?

FlyingDutchman
02-18-2009, 08:12 PM
JP Losman

Romes
02-18-2009, 08:13 PM
It'll be some veteran back OL who can play multiple positions...someone to replace Whittle/Chambers.

Someone like Chris Gray or Seth McKinney

Nighthawk
02-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Someone like Chris Gray or Seth McKinney

So what you're saying is...they'll sign some garbage?

jimbohastle51
02-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Nah...just a board rumor, but why not have a little fun with it...right?

totally a rumor but it kinda does have weight, because every team in football will be calling his agent to at least gauge interest. to come to a team like buffalo i am sure we would have to offer around 30-33 million guaranteed and hope that he doesnt get lazy, which he is known for. i wasnt really all that good until last season and this past season, now the man is as wanted if not more wanted than julius peppers.

Nighthawk
02-18-2009, 08:20 PM
totally a rumor but it kinda does have weight, because every team in football will be calling his agent to at least gauge interest. to come to a team like buffalo i am sure we would have to offer around 30-33 million guaranteed and hope that he doesnt get lazy, which he is known for. i wasnt really all that good until last season and this past season, now the man is as wanted if not more wanted than julius peppers.

I'd take him or Peppers and be very happy. Do I see that happening, umm, no. Hey, but at this point, it's still possible!

Romes
02-18-2009, 08:21 PM
So what you're saying is...they'll sign some garbage?

Another team's garbage can be the Bills'...well...garbage...

:sadwalk:

IA_Bills
02-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Morlon Greenwood, LB, FA Houston

Oaf
02-19-2009, 01:30 AM
Duke Preston.

User Manuel
02-19-2009, 11:44 AM
I say Michael Clayton, WR TB

patmoran2006
02-19-2009, 12:46 PM
There are probably 12 teams targeting Haynesworth.

He wont sign on the first day, he'll let all the teams make their pitch.

Lone Stranger
02-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Brown is the most logical choice. The Bills will give him a ton of $ and then he'll come in and stink.

PECKERWOOD
02-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Brown is the most logical choice. The Bills will give him a ton of $ and then he'll come in and stink.

haha, brilliant

Mski
02-19-2009, 01:53 PM
ray lewis! :rofl:

honestly i think saturday will be the fist FA

X-Era
02-19-2009, 04:08 PM
I think the "test" as to whether Ralph has turned over a new leaf and gotten serious about winning will be at the C position early in free agency.

I could argue that a rookie DE (1st round may help us right away), or that re-signing Crowell keeps us at least the same at that spot to 07.

But C has a huge hole right now.

If we dont land Jason Brown, Matt Birk, or Jeff Saturday, I will be convinced that Ralph is once again full of **** and has no plans to do what it takes to put us in the playoffs. Its obviously all the Bills FO, but hes the guy that leads them, and it was Ralph who made the comments about the talent being not good enough.

Hes part of the problem, his words gave me hope. Its almost time to step up.